Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which feature group did you pick?

Comments

• Options
    SimangoSimango Posts: 427 Member
    I voted for Off The Grid. Seems the most interesting to me and I thought that it would be great for people who play medieval or apocalypse type challenges. (the option to gather water from a well and have no access to electricity for medieval players)

• Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    I voted for Off the Grid as well.
  • Options
    gummybear0724gummybear0724 Posts: 1,146 Member
    keeping my fingers cross and hoping with all my heart that #laundry wins the vote so that washers and dryers finaly come to the sims4

Keeping my fingers crossed and hoping with all my heart that #offthegrid or #foodpreserves wins the vote so that water wells and canning finally come to the sims 4.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    keeping my fingers cross and hoping with all my heart that #laundry wins the vote so that washers and dryers finaly come to the sims4

Keeping my fingers crossed and hoping with all my heart that #offthegrid or #foodpreserves wins the vote so that water wells and canning finally come to the sims 4.

this is your choice but for me i find more useful to have the option to do laundry in the game to me the other content mention in the poll i clearly see no use
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    LadyEmillyeLadyEmillye Posts: 19,238 Member

Agreed, lol.
  • Options
    gummybear0724gummybear0724 Posts: 1,146 Member

this is your choice but for me i find more useful to have the option to do laundry in the game to me the other content mention in the poll i clearly see no use

Okay. That's your choice. We all have different play styles and yours is different than mine. If you don't see a use for it then, whatever. I personally just don't see a use for laundry, for me it seems boring, but I understand others enjoy it.
  • Options
    zoozeegirlzoozeegirl Posts: 4 New Member
    I voted for Food Preserves as I see it as the one with most gameplay and the best for creative people -
    coming in second would be Off The Grid - the the Carbon one ... and last would be Laundry.
    Laundry seems the most boring for me - I do understand that not all feel the same, but for me that
    would really be a deal-breaker.
  • Options
    4Sanne4Sanne Posts: 46 Member
    I voted for Off the Grid, although it was a hard choice!
    Food preserving seems awesome aswell! But I worry that we woulde only be able to preserve one harvestable at a time. Right now you can just throw those in the fridge and the'll keep just fine... so what would be the added value in that case? If food preserving wins, I'll still be very happy :smile:
    Carbon free kinda surprised me, because it doesn't really add anything new... We already have the gluton trait, with wich you can rummage through bins for food (and i think even eat spoiled food, but never tested that so I'm not sure) And the composting and recycling sounds almost purely cosmetic :confused: So I hope Carbon free won't win, or if it does, it will be much more than i read into it :smile:
    And Laundry, well, I don't really want it, but if it wins atleast there will be off the grid laundry options :tongue:
  • Options
    4Sanne4Sanne Posts: 46 Member
    Oh, and Off the grid was my absolutely number one choice because of the many many many gameplay uses for the lot trait!! I'd love it if the trait actually eliminates the bills! (So we can finally have drifter, apocalypse, gipsy, survivalist and back to nature sims!!) <3
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    Food Preserves hands down! It sounds so cool, right up my alley. I liked them all a part from the Laundry one to be honest.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    So many cool features. Really hard to choose between Off the Grid and Nectar Making (even the Freegan trait was one that I found exciting!).
    I don't remember how to change my signature.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    So many cool features. Really hard to choose between Off the Grid and Nectar Making (even the Freegan trait was one that I found exciting!).

like i said the best choice for the sims4 is #laundry it would be much more useful in the game to have laundry aspecaly with praenthood and toddlers
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    LadyEmillyeLadyEmillye Posts: 19,238 Member

like i said the best choice for the sims4 is #laundry it would be much more useful in the game to have laundry aspecaly with praenthood and toddlers

Broken record much? Let them make up their own minds and if they don't want laundry, deal with it.

@superkyle221 I had the same hard choice..food preserves or off the grid. Both will add so much. Even Freegan, just take your time and choose the one you like the best.
  • Options
    JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member

Agreed...
    When I was voting I discovered myself just staring and going back and forth between "Off the Grid" and "Food Preserves". They both sound super awesome and I wish we could have them both. It seemed like it took me forever to finally go with "Off the Grid", because it felt just a tiny bit more in line with the eco-living theme.
  • Options
    FurkeanFurkean Posts: 177 Member
    [quote="friendlysimmers;c-15855333"][quote="superkyle221;c-15855303"]So many cool features. Really hard to choose between Off the Grid and Nectar Making (even the Freegan trait was one that I found exciting!). [/quote]

like i said the best choice for the sims4 is #laundry it would be much more useful in the game to have laundry aspecaly with praenthood and toddlers[/quote]

Yeah but even tho it doesnt really fit the theme it's the only reason most of the people voted for. In my opinion they could have added laundry in a home starter sp if we kept asking for it whatever we will get eco living im not sad but im not that type of simmer who really wants eco friendly sims in their game so I want a feature which is useful for bothsides, remember laundry will include washing tubs and clothesline so go #laundry !
  • Options
    destine2growdestine2grow Posts: 14 New Member
    I voted for off grid. I really like all the choices. I would be happy with off grid or laundry
  • Options
    HannieHannie Posts: 608 Member
    This was a tough one! I really want them all, but ended up voting for food preservers.
  • Options
    IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    I picked the one with composting and recycling. But I know laundry is going to win.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,872 Member
    Well the poll posted on the first page has three of the choices running neck to neck. No way to know if that translates to the wider simming community.

http://www.strawpoll.me/13266741
  • Options
    TrashmagicTrashmagic Posts: 977 Member
    jotajeje wrote: »
    I voted for the canning/nectar making. I really like when our sims can produce new stuff, it also would pair well with Get to Work, I would open a store that sells wines nectars and jams.

I went with canning as well. I feel like our sims need more crafting hobbies, candle making, soap making, sewing, and such. They can open their own shop or sell their work at the flea market. I'm also hoping for a Sims version of Etsy or Ebay so they won't even have to leave home to make a sale. <3
  • Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member
    I went with canning. I want nectar making back in my game. Although I would be happy with off the grid too.
  • Options
    FurkeanFurkean Posts: 177 Member
    I didn't even consider food preserving or carbon consciousness to pick. I don't believe that they will be able to give them to us as detailed as most of the players imagined. This is a stuff pack after all not a game pack. The most appealing choice seems like off the grid feature because it fits the theme but hey we want laundry!
  • Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    Well the poll posted on the first page has three of the choices running neck to neck. No way to know if that translates to the wider simming community.

http://www.strawpoll.me/13266741

That poll has Laundry in the lead by a little but if you look through all the posts in this thread then Off The Grid is getting twice as many votes.
  • Options
    ClassicalSimClassicalSim Posts: 1,535 Member
    Simpkin wrote: »
    Simpkin wrote: »
    What's good about nectar mkaing though?
    Like, not in a snarky way. I mean, yeah I'd love my sims enjoy nectar but whenever they drink anything in the game it just makes their bladder red and nothing else. I wish there was more to it.

In Sims 2 nectar gave all sorts of benefits. Certain mixes would make your Sims learn faster, fall in love, etc. And if you put a boot in the Juice Maker and drank it, your Sim would go crazy for a while.

I absolutely cannot remember Sims 2 nectar making. If we get those benefits then it would be cool.
    But I'm still hoping for off the grid. But I'll be fine with wwhichever wins cause I like the eco theme.

@Simpkin, I think they meant the juicer. You could add different combinations of fruit and/or vegetables and drinking the juice would give different results, like gaining a skill point or boosting energy, etc.

k3o5c.jpg
  • Options
    ClassicalSimClassicalSim Posts: 1,535 Member
    edited June 2017
    I chose Food Preserves, but I had a hard time choosing between that and Off The Grid. In the end, the deciding factor was the possibility of having the wind turbines or the solar panels made in the form of a tree instead of an actual wind turbine or solar panel. Please no!
    Post edited by ClassicalSim on