Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims lab! | Finding out how sims work!

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    LuckyKittenCatLuckyKittenCat Posts: 4,640 Member
    I'm not sure if I'm going to do research very regularly, but I'll try to. Count me in as a tester for now, maybe I turn out to be active enough for a science tester :D (also, I only have GTW and Vampires and only Sims 4, so I could only do the "tests stuff in the game" and "has favourited this thread to be more active" parts of a scientist tester)
    OKAY! Currently we are experimenting!
    *What if you had 2 teens and 6 toddlers in a household, with one room filled with games, fun décor, and basically fun activities.. but in the other room are the toddlers and toddler care! Could you test this? :3

to test how sims react to temptations vs family.
    I am undead! :smiley:
  • Options
    PancakesandwichPancakesandwich Posts: 2,038 Member
    I'm not sure if I'm going to do research very regularly, but I'll try to. Count me in as a tester for now, maybe I turn out to be active enough for a science tester :D (also, I only have GTW and Vampires and only Sims 4, so I could only do the "tests stuff in the game" and "has favourited this thread to be more active" parts of a scientist tester)
    OKAY! Currently we are experimenting!
    *What if you had 2 teens and 6 toddlers in a household, with one room filled with games, fun décor, and basically fun activities.. but in the other room are the toddlers and toddler care! Could you test this? :3

I could do that, yes :)
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Okay, status update of my experiment:
    Everything seems to fall apart slowly after only one day, as expected with two "parents" (technically they're all siblings) and 6 toddlers. But they do seem VERY drawn to their toddlers nonetheless. Only when all were sleeping or not crying for once, they dared to go to their room. And even then, one stayed behind almost all the time.
    One of the two succeeded in going to the other room and watch a bit of TV in the evening, while the other got stopped by a toddler asking for food and so he got stuck there caring for his siblings for the next few hours :D

The "fun room" has a +3 happiness moodlet because of furniture, the best (not-unlockable) TV, the best armchairs and the best computers. As well as a fireplace. The teens both have the Loves the Outdoors trait so I removed the fun room's roof, while keeping the toddler room's one.
    Still no bigger attraction to the fun room, it's as if the decorations and missing roof weren't factored into the decision "should we go there or not?" after all. Interesting, I didn't expect décor to be unused for attraction. And whenever they sat, they did so to do something, not just to sit, so the good seats weren't necessary either.

Their other trait is Clumsy by the way. I chose those two because they shouldn't interfere with family play at all.

Interestingly though, in the beginning the teen who had the computer aspiration was talking to the toddlers while the one with the family aspiration was playing games. So the family aspiration trait doesn't do anything for attraction either.

I just realised that I accidentally researched attraction to objects and areas along the way :D
  • Options
    Okay, status update of my experiment:
    Everything seems to fall apart slowly after only one day, as expected with two "parents" (technically they're all siblings) and 6 toddlers. But they do seem VERY drawn to their toddlers nonetheless. Only when all were sleeping or not crying for once, they dared to go to their room. And even then, one stayed behind almost all the time.
    One of the two succeeded in going to the other room and watch a bit of TV in the evening, while the other got stopped by a toddler asking for food and so he got stuck there caring for his siblings for the next few hours :D

The "fun room" has a +3 happiness moodlet because of furniture, the best (not-unlockable) TV, the best armchairs and the best computers. As well as a fireplace. The teens both have the Loves the Outdoors trait so I removed the fun room's roof, while keeping the toddler room's one.
    Still no bigger attraction to the fun room, it's as if the decorations and missing roof weren't factored into the decision "should we go there or not?" after all. Interesting, I didn't expect décor to be unused for attraction. And whenever they sat, they did so to do something, not just to sit, so the good seats weren't necessary either.

Their other trait is Clumsy by the way. I chose those two because they shouldn't interfere with family play at all.

Interestingly though, in the beginning the teen who had the computer aspiration was talking to the toddlers while the one with the family aspiration was playing games. So the family aspiration trait doesn't do anything for attraction either.

I just realised that I accidentally researched attraction to objects and areas along the way :D

:D Great job.. I actually didn't know décor didn't affect this?
  • Options
    @LuckyKittenCat So... is this research project over already? :D
  • Options

well, not all projects have to take forever!

• Options

Yay, I'm the first one to finish a project B)

Can I get a new one? As I said, I've got GTW and Vampires, so I could do tests related to those two as well :)
  • Options

Can I get a new one? As I said, I've got GTW and Vampires, so I could do tests related to those two as well :)
    Test something? Can you quit work AT work?
  • Options

Test something? Can you quit work AT work?

• Options
    Okay, I'll do that after I posted in the Stranded thread :)
  • Options
    Okay, I'll do that after I posted in the Stranded thread :)
    :)
  • Options
    @Pancakesandwich @Hermitgirl you should check up on us, yknow? @Zinniavanilla I think you would find stuff about sims interesting?

Anyways, I have created a new SYSTEM!!!!

Here is how it works:

If you choose to take on your own project and get 3 or more :star: s, you gain 10 points!
    If you report a project, you get 5 points!
    If you reveal breaking news in the project, you receive 10 points!
    Each picture you give (depending on the situation of it), you will gain 1 point extra per picture (except duplicates that are too similar or other types that are meaningless).
    Each suggested project will be reviewed with a star. (1-5 stars)
    You get an extra 5 points if you can explain benefits to knowing something once the experiment is over.
  • Options
    Aeriexo11Aeriexo11 Posts: 646 Member
    edited June 2017
    I just wanted to say, that I noticed in TS2 and I believe TS3 that when a sim becomes pregnant it usually ends up like this example:

6:00 pm Monday-- try for baby action -- lullaby plays
    7:00 pm Tuesday -- Baby bump
    8:00 pm Wednesday -- Bigger baby bump
    9:00 pm Thursday -- Labor and delivery

I am not sure of this is true for TS4 and I can't remember if its true for TS3.

Also, during the original Sim days, there was a quiz you could play while a game was installing. One of the quesions pertained to the sims language, and what the language was made from. The correct answer, though I can't remember all of it, was fractured Ukrainian and another language mixed together. This was during TS1 era, so I am not sure if this is still the same for its successors.

ETA: According to this link it is a mixture of fractured Ukrainian, French, and Tagalong. Will Wright also suggested using Navajo.
  • Options
    Aeriexo11 wrote: »
    I just wanted to say, that I noticed in TS2 and I believe TS3 that when a sim becomes pregnant it usually ends up like this example:

6:00 pm Monday-- try for baby action -- lullaby plays
    7:00 pm Tuesday -- Baby bump
    8:00 pm Wednesday -- Bigger baby bump
    9:00 pm Thursday -- Labor and delivery

I am not sure of this is true for TS4 and I can't remember if its true for TS3.

Also, during the original Sim days, there was a quiz you could play while a game was installing. One of the quesions pertained to the sims language, and what the language was made from. The correct answer, though I can't remember all of it, was fractured Ukrainian and another language mixed together. This was during TS1 era, so I am not sure if this is still the same for its successors.

ETA: According to this link it is a mixture of fractured Ukrainian, French, and Tagalong. Will Wright also suggested using Navajo.

YUP. we did an experiment where it took exactly 4 days (or something) for a sim to have a baby.

I think the same goes for ts4.

What role?? :)