Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

patch day no more autonomous makeup

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    AmySims09 wrote: »
    So it was only in parenthood packs?

No, the bug happened when the Vintage Glamour Stuff Pack was installed. It had nothing to do with the Parenthood Game Pack.
  • Options
    AmySims09AmySims09 Posts: 1,227 Member
    AmySims09 wrote: »
    So it was only in parenthood packs?

No, the bug happened when the Vintage Glamour Stuff Pack was installed. It had nothing to do with the Parenthood Game Pack.

ooo. no wonder I've never had it.
  • Options
    JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member
    edited June 2017
    crinrict wrote: »
    It was messed up that they would do it ANYWHERE, not just on the makeup table.

Counters .. tables .. you name it :D

That was the problem. At least if you saw them heading to the room where the vanity table is, then you could stop them. But the kids would be sitting at a table, their desk, the activity table, etc. and suddenly they'd have make-up on. Actually, they probably should have fixed it so they would have to go to the vanity table to do the make-up....instead, they just threw a bandaid on it.
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I remember people complaining about that. I'm glad the fixed it. It does help my interest in Vintage Glamour to go up, though I think the butlers might still be bugged? I would have liked to see a longer list of bug fixes but I'm glad that they fixed what they have and I hope they are focusing on those stability issues. Hopefully we'll see more major bug fixes.

None of these directly impacted me much but I'm glad that they have been fixed. I've never attempted to bring a drink to the hot tub so I guess that I can have a sim do that sometime.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    It sure is a good thing they continue to prioritize minor bugs over major ones like broken careers.
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • Options
    poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    it was only annoying because children would do it telepathically.
    i.e they could be sitting in a room on the other end of the house while the vanity is LOCKED in another room and still constantly use the makeup.
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

• Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I thought it was cute as well --
    06-11-17_2-49-33PM_zpsupqlrm7l.png
    06-06-17_7-30-49PM_zpssbpqpysj.png

Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    TomatplanteTomatplante Posts: 2,793 Member
    It sure is a good thing they continue to prioritize minor bugs over major ones like broken careers.

I know right :disappointed:
  • Options
    It's easier to fix the small stuff than it is the big stuff. And if they try to cut back on the new content in order to work on bugs, we'd see 20 threads talking about The End Of Sims 4 is Nigh because of no new content. :|
  • Options
    It's easier to fix the small stuff than it is the big stuff. And if they try to cut back on the new content in order to work on bugs, we'd see 20 threads talking about The End Of Sims 4 is Nigh because of no new content. :|

This excuse might fly if those bugs were months old, but we're talking years now. Assuming you're employed too, how often does the answer you provided work when your boss approaches you to ask you to resolve an issue that's years old? Two years of the detective/doctor career issues is unacceptable. There comes a point when that little truth about small stuff being easier to fix just ceases to be an acceptable answer, and that ship sailed long ago here.

I find it absolutely outrageous that we just got the patch for the month of June, and it spends more time trying to sell us the new $10 stuff pack than describing what bugs were fixed. It's wonderfully symbolic of the attitude EA/Maxis seem to have moving forward: who cares about the content they already sold us when they could focus all their attention on making more money off new sales??

When I read patch notes, I expect patch notes. Not a plug for their newest product, not an endless excuse about how hard it is to address bigger bugs, just patch notes. If they gave us patch notes where the majority of the notes was a sales pitch for EA's newest game, we'd be up in arms. Instead it's a sales pitch for a new $10 stuff pack, and suddenly it's A-OK that 2/3rds of the Get to Work expansion careers have been buggy and broken for two years now.
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    I'm happy that they patched that. :)
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member
    edited June 2017

They didn't even fix the "bug" anyway. The bug is that kids were putting on the make-up at all sorts of various places without being anywhere near the vanity table. THAT wasn't fixed. All they did was disable autonomy for it...so now you have to direct the kid to go to the vanity table if you want them to put make-up on. More of a work-around than a bug fix. Don't think this really has much to do with priorities or bug fixes....do you honestly think it took them very long at all to basically just disable autonomy for this action? Come on.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I thought it was cute as well --
    06-11-17_2-49-33PM_zpsupqlrm7l.png
    06-06-17_7-30-49PM_zpssbpqpysj.png

those pics are cute @stilljustme2
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    cherparcherpar Posts: 2,092 Member
    I'm glad they fixed it. I'm happy for kids to play with makeup at the vanity but not randomly while eating dinner etc. be very glad also if the lag improved as someone mentioned. I haven't been able to patch yet
  • Options
    I8PIKACHUI8PIKACHU Posts: 572 Member
    This should still exist -- just not so often.
    soul-glo.gif
    Let your soul shine through.
  • Options
    SablesashaSablesasha Posts: 417 Member
    plopppo2 wrote: »
    I would have traded that fix for pets.

I would have traded it for fixing the plumming highchairs!
  • Options
    DivieOwlDivieOwl Posts: 1,161 Member
    Kim5496 wrote: »
    I thought it was cute and I'm going to miss it too. :/
    Kinda bummed we didn't get anything new added just a handful of fixes. I've been asking them to make a keep makeup for all outfits tick for a while. When I am giving people makeovers it would be so much easier to check mark a little box and have it stay for all the outfits.

Id get behind that petition! Some Sims will have it, some don't. I just want certain makeup to apply to all outfits, then I can easily edit afterwords.
  • Options
    I8PIKACHU wrote: »
    This should still exist -- just not so often.

Or have an interaction where you click on the Sim and choose "Play with Makeup" -- that way you can have the shots for storyline purposes (like I got up above); in my story Gunther was a little nervous but Cassidy was okay as long as Emory (my boy) asked for permission so she wouldn't be surprised by eye shadow mixed in with the blush. :)
  • Options
    megiaremegiare Posts: 421 Member
    I just had a kid do this last weekend...at first I didn't realize what was going on. Then he started up again at the dining table but the makeup items weren't actually in hand.
    aD9wyNW.jpg
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    Once again, a feature which, instead of getting fixed, got completely nixed.

Easier just to completely kill it, I guess. ::smh::
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    JimG72 wrote: »

They didn't even fix the "bug" anyway. The bug is that kids were putting on the make-up at all sorts of various places without being anywhere near the vanity table. THAT wasn't fixed. All they did was disable autonomy for it...so now you have to direct the kid to go to the vanity table if you want them to put make-up on. More of a work-around than a bug fix. Don't think this really has much to do with priorities or bug fixes....do you honestly think it took them very long at all to basically just disable autonomy for this action? Come on.

I dunno whether I should be laughing or crying.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    JimG72 wrote: »

I dunno whether I should be laughing or crying.

I feel the same way @DeservedCriticism they keep taking things away the sims don't use the wood working table anymore ether
    and there are no more alien abduction unless you use the dish and no more woohoo ether I had a lot of fun with those things
    if they keep doing this then I don't think the game will be fun anymore
  • Options
    edited June 2017

This excuse might fly if those bugs were months old, but we're talking years now. Assuming you're employed too, how often does the answer you provided work when your boss approaches you to ask you to resolve an issue that's years old? Two years of the detective/doctor career issues is unacceptable. There comes a point when that little truth about small stuff being easier to fix just ceases to be an acceptable answer, and that ship sailed long ago here.

I find it absolutely outrageous that we just got the patch for the month of June, and it spends more time trying to sell us the new $10 stuff pack than describing what bugs were fixed. It's wonderfully symthatbolic of the attitude EA/Maxis seem to have moving forward: who cares about the content they already sold us when they could focus all their attention on making more money off new sales??

When I read patch notes, I expect patch notes. Not a plug for their newest product, not an endless excuse about how hard it is to address bigger bugs, just patch notes. If they gave us patch notes where the majority of the notes was a sales pitch for EA's newest game, we'd be up in arms. Instead it's a sales pitch for a new $10 stuff pack, and suddenly it's A-OK that 2/3rds of the Get to Work expansion careers have been buggy and broken for two years now.
    it does look bad but some of the bugs are really hard I'm sure there working all the time
    Post edited by comicsforlife on