Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Favouriestest Thing

Hey,

What's that one thing you REALLY enjoy doing in The Sims? If someone was new to The Sims and didn't know what to do first, what would you suggest and why?

xPaxion

Comments

• Options
    AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    I love playing challenges. My favorites usually involve generational play, such as a legacy, randomacy, rainbowcy, and DITFT.

But I probably would suggest making a sim or two and moving them into a lot to get a feel for the game first. Trying a challenge right off the bat might be overwhelming for some.
  • Options
    FereldanCherryFereldanCherry Posts: 291 Member
    Giving makeovers to the children my sims have when they grow up, seeing how their genetics turned out, giving makeovers to townies, taking screenshots of EVERYTHING.
    The Fox And The Lion (Chapter 1 - The Introduction): https://fereldencherry.tumblr.com/tagged/tfatl1/chrono
  • Options
    plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    I was enjoying pickpocketing Sims - but you can only do it whilst in the Criminal Career. It is quite a nice money earner - especially in packed places. Certainly something worth doing if you are in the Criminal Career. Goes nicely with swiping stuff.
  • Options
    xPaxionxPaxion Posts: 1,119 Member
    plopppo2 wrote: »
    I was enjoying pickpocketing Sims - but you can only do it whilst in the Criminal Career. It is quite a nice money earner - especially in packed places. Certainly something worth doing if you are in the Criminal Career. Goes nicely with swiping stuff.

Do you actually get to watch your Sim pickpocket?
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    xPaxion wrote: »
    plopppo2 wrote: »

Do you actually get to watch your Sim pickpocket?
    Sort of, they pretend to hug someone and then steal money from them.
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    Playing families and raising children.
  • Options
    JumpingTrainsJumpingTrains Posts: 442 Member
    The building aspect of the game <3

I could spend weeks remaking every single lot in the game and never actually touch Live Mode :D
  • Options
    poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    c o w p l a n t
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

• Options
    I've never had a cowplant.
    *sniff*
  • Options
    ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    Having babies and growing big families
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    Building worlds and populating them with a cast of characters. Actually playing is secondary to me.
  • Options
    BethanyShoneBethanyShone Posts: 310 Member
    Giving makeovers to all of the townies :')
  • Options
    AncaryvanAncaryvan Posts: 736 Member
    edited June 2017
    Don't forget of collecting items or finish aspirations to collect points to earn new trait as bonus. Also, watch any Good-looking Townies and "Capture" them into personal gallery.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65VG4IacGsg
    I literally play this music above when playing Sims 4! Cozy and Fuzzy
  • Options
    Ancaryvan wrote: »
    Don't forget of collecting items or finish aspirations to collect points to earn new trait as bonus. Also, watch any Good-looking Townies and "Capture" them into personal gallery.
    Eh?

• Options
    samemiesamemie Posts: 1,623 Member
    I actually like playing with the premades. I challenge myself to fulfill as many wishes of theirs as possible which can be quite fun (especially if it's from a new pack with a new world and new sims) as I end up doing things I wouldn't usually if I were just playing my own sims. I guess it'd be quite good for new players too since it would give them a chance to find new stuff in the game and explore with a little direction. :)
  • Options
    edited June 2017

How do you do this please?
  • Options
    AncaryvanAncaryvan Posts: 736 Member
    @xPaxion wrote: »

You mean collecting items? or "Capture" Good-looking Townie?
    Do you know how is save household through manage world?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65VG4IacGsg
    I literally play this music above when playing Sims 4! Cozy and Fuzzy
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    I love creating sims and building homes and different kinds of lots.

Sims 4 wise technically the first thing you'll be doing when you first get the game is making your sim in CAS as you can't go to the overworld view. Which you'll end up spending most of your time making a sim you'll want to play with. I've spent 2 hours alone in CAS just making sims, usually when I have more than two.

Building always eats up my time and it's so easy to build and create a home or venue now even if you aren't so good with it. When you get to the gameplay part checking out some of the items on hand to try out is a great idea. Some you won't be able to buy off hand without some skills being perfected. Like causing some havoc sometimes >;3

-Voodoo doll
    -Setting off fireworks in the house (City living)
    -Building a rocket ship
    -Woohoo in ALL places when you sim gets relationship especially the bush (In get together)
    -Cowplant (I LOVE this thing so adorable almost like a pet but BEWARE of it
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I love this game and many things about it, but if I were trying to get a new player involved I'd say jump in and play. Find what you like.
    My favorite thing though and what keeps me playing the sims in general is backstories. That isn't found in the game necessarily. It's in my head.
    Sometimes if I can't tell a vivid, interesting or inspired story I test play, let them play themselves with guidance or deviant play. That could be just a lark for a few game days or an long involved story.
    I don't enjoy building or even dressing up sims again and again. We all have different interests. The new player has to find theirs.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    PrismSimsPrismSims Posts: 74 Member
    Hobo Sims- Any style. Maroon them on the Windenburg Island after knocking down all the buildings or start them off homeless in a vacant lot in San Myshuno. Any age from toddler-E is really fun to do a hobo or homeless challenge, the toddler life stage is the most difficult and fun to play a hobo and start a legacy.

An ISBI challenge, omg so fun.

A polygamous family, oh the drama is so delicious. I am going to do a Japanese Emperor and his Harem of royal concubines. There will be pufferfish nigiri murder rampant throughout the harem.

Any supernatural story.

I'm sure I'm missing others, but it's time for me to play!
  • Options
    PrismSimsPrismSims Posts: 74 Member
    > @PrismSims said:
    > Hobo Sims- Any style. Maroon them on the Windenburg Island after knocking down all the buildings or start them off homeless in a vacant lot in San Myshuno. Any age from toddler-E is really fun to do a hobo or homeless challenge, the toddler life stage is the most difficult and fun to play a hobo and start a legacy.
    >
    > An ISBI challenge, omg so fun.
    >
    > A polygamous family, oh the drama is so delicious. I am going to do a Japanese Emperor and his Harem of royal concubines. There will be pufferfish nigiri murder rampant throughout the harem.
    >
    > Any supernatural story.
    >
    > I'm sure I'm missing others, but it's time for me to play!

I would just say, open your mind to the possibilities of playing any kind of story and let your creativity go, this game is endless and the perfect story engine. If you get bored, I'd tell them to look up internet self-challenges, our community is VERY creative! It's a sandbox game! We don't go by the rules, we make up our own! So there are endless challenges out there to try, just take a look.
  • Options
    @xPaxion wrote: »

You mean collecting items? or "Capture" Good-looking Townie?
    Do you know how is save household through manage world?

I mean can I download townies walking around the streets into my gallery?
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    The scientist career. I love playable careers, but scientist is apparently the only one without bugs so far, it gives me a pleasant Area 51 vibe with the desert setting and alien research, and it unlocks quite a few cool things for your scientist to do at home, like brewing chemical cocktails with beneficial effects, or creating a wormhole generator that allows you to visit Sixam without needing to build a rocket first.
  • Options
    I8PIKACHUI8PIKACHU Posts: 572 Member
    Business, gardening, collecting, and collecting victims for my vampires.
    soul-glo.gif
    Let your soul shine through.
  • Options
    The scientist career. I love playable careers, but scientist is apparently the only one without bugs so far, it gives me a pleasant Area 51 vibe with the desert setting and alien research, and it unlocks quite a few cool things for your scientist to do at home, like brewing chemical cocktails with beneficial effects, or creating a wormhole generator that allows you to visit Sixam without needing to build a rocket first.

Do you download mods with more careers?