Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Foundation Texture

xPaxionxPaxion Posts: 1,119 Member
Hey,

Anyone know if I can make the steps and foundations both share the same texture?

EHacIl0.jpg

xPaxion

Comments

• Options
    XinqunXinqun Posts: 612 Member
    To a certain extent, yes. You need to find a wall finish that's similar to your foundation texture, and apply that to the wall under the stairs. I think one of the paint options will match the foundation you've got up there. (Personally, I usually demolish the wall under the stairs for porches, but your mileage may vary.)
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Xinqun wrote: »
    To a certain extent, yes. You need to find a wall finish that's similar to your foundation texture, and apply that to the wall under the stairs. I think one of the paint options will match the foundation you've got up there. (Personally, I usually demolish the wall under the stairs for porches, but your mileage may vary.)

How do I demolish the wall under the stairs? :O

Also whats your favourite stairs for a wooden deck?
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    You use the little sledgehammer icon; that should be the fourth icon in the tray at the top-centre of your screen, between the fan of swatches and the "undo" arrow. Be careful, make sure you're actually clicking on the wall under the stair and not the stair itself, or you'll delete the whole stair as well.

A lot depends on the house itself, but I think for a wooden deck one of the more appropriate stairs is the "Ladder-Like Stairway". It looks like a wooden deck stair.
  • Options
    You use the little sledgehammer icon; that should be the fourth icon in the tray at the top-centre of your screen, between the fan of swatches and the "undo" arrow. Be careful, make sure you're actually clicking on the wall under the stair and not the stair itself, or you'll delete the whole stair as well.

A lot depends on the house itself, but I think for a wooden deck one of the more appropriate stairs is the "Ladder-Like Stairway". It looks like a wooden deck stair.

I've managed to delete under the steps but it seems to leave behind an indentation into the foundation wall.
    eAGVv9c.jpg
  • Options
    Yeah, it does that. Not much that can be done except hide it behind stuff, I guess ... which is often still cheaper than leaving the walls up.
  • Options
    Yeah, it does that. Not much that can be done except hide it behind stuff, I guess ... which is often still cheaper than leaving the walls up.

Do you know if I can make the foundation border match the same colour as the flooring?
    vjrUioq.jpg
  • Options
    If there's a floor finish that matches the foundation border exactly, I haven't found it yet, but theoretically there could be combination that exists.
  • Options
    If there's a floor finish that matches the foundation border exactly, I haven't found it yet, but theoretically there could be combination that exists.

Shame, I even hover my mouse over the same colours that match and when I place the tiles or change the border they look different.