Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Foundation Without Walls

Can I build a foundation with no walls?

Comments

• Options
    DyrewitchDyrewitch Posts: 465 Member
    Yea just knock down the walls after you have the foundation in place
  • Options
    xPaxionxPaxion Posts: 1,119 Member
    edited June 2017
    Dyrewitch wrote: »
    Yea just knock down the walls after you have the foundation in place

Thanks I'm trying but it keeps deleting the whole thing.

I have to do it manually holding down Ctrl, thanks
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    The deck option is a foundation without walls used for making porches and patios outside your house or for backyard gazebos. It's also useful for adding to the top of a floor level. It allows you to add certain outside trim details around the house.
  • Options
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    The deck option is a foundation without walls used for making porches and patios outside your house or for backyard gazebos. It's also useful for adding to the top of a floor level. It allows you to add certain outside trim details around the house.

That's exactly what I'm trying to build.... the deck option?
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    xPaxion wrote: »

Yes. Don't use the room tool. Use the flat porch square located below the room boxes in your wall section of buildmode. Then use the raise foundation option by clicking on the house icon and choosing foundation.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    It's over to the right, kind of brownish (in my game anyway) and looks like a flat box. There is a square, a "L" shape and a triangle.
  • Options
    Cinebar wrote: »

Yes. Don't use the room tool. Use the flat porch square located below the room boxes in your wall section of buildmode. Then use the raise foundation option by clicking on the house icon and choosing foundation.

I'm building a deck using foundations, is that wrong?
  • Options
    It's over to the right, kind of brownish (in my game anyway) and looks like a flat box. There is a square, a "L" shape and a triangle.

Sorry, I forgot about other people's resolutions and it may be at the end or below etc. lol Mine is set so I can see stuff. :)
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    No, just easier to use the DECK option. You won't have walls to delete. They both are the same, one with walls, one without.
  • Options
    Another tip: If you are adding fencing around your backyard, start away from your house and go towards the house. If you start at the house, your fence will be on a foundation also, as it thinks you're adding a room to the house.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Cinebar wrote: »

I'm building a deck using foundations, is that wrong?

Yes. There is a flat box (flat square is the description) there you are supposed to use for a porch, deck, roof, room without walls etc.
  • Options
    Another tip: If you are adding fencing around your backyard, start away from your house and go towards the house. If you start at the house, your fence will be on a foundation also, as it thinks you're adding a room to the house.

Do you know if I can make the foundation texture match the flooring?
    vjrUioq.jpg
  • Options
    The sides have the same options as the house foundations, so best you can get is for the house and decks to match. Sometimes, in a country style house for example, I use the trellis version. To edit the deck sides, click the house foundation in the control box, just like for house foundations.