Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Should I Buy TS4: Parenthood Pack Or Something Else?

Basically is TS4: Parenthood pack worth the money for the CAS and Gameplay? Or should I keep my money and buy something else from the Sims? I've really been wanting to buy Sims 3 IP. Should I buy that? I've heard it's plagued with tech issues. What do you think I should buy?

Comments

• Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    i'd go for parenthood. gameplay and especialy objects are awesome. la isla paradiso is very buggy world
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    goldsimmeergoldsimmeer Posts: 274 Member
    i'd go for parenthood. gameplay and especialy objects are awesome. la isla paradiso is very buggy world

What about supernatural?
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited June 2017
    Unfortunately it is with IP.

There's a few things you'll have to do to get Island Paradise to work properly as it will plague you with problems. One being to delete two families being the Scott and the Medina family. Mods like Nraas and overwatch are pretty much needed to help run a bit better a shame that EP had the most problems. I kind of just stopped playing that one completely when I was playing Sims 3 the headache just wasn't worth it with routing being far worse than usual in a sims game. Island paradise is a decent EP when it actually works and that kind of a toss up.

Sims 4 Parenthood if you're expecting a whole lot in terms of CAS you may be disappointed in the shorted clothing, but there's a lot more build/buy items with furniture, clutter and more gameplay items. This pack focuses more on gameplay than anything and I have been enjoying it quite a lot. It varies from person to person as it's geared more towards family players. I've enjoyed teens acting more like teens and more things to do with children. Though my kids are hooligans who just dump paint on restaurant floors when going out to eat. :(

Depends more on what you like. I like vacationing and sunbathing among all the other things you can do in sims games, but I couldn't fully enjoy Island Paradise due to all the problems laced with it and left behind. Might work better for some than others though. Plus, Sims 3 EP's as of now are fairly cheap. Think it's like 9.99 the cheapest I found on ebay.

I'd lean more to Parenthood, but like I said it's really what you think you'd enjoy a lot more and what it'll add to your game. Plus the two packs are like night and day since one is an EP and the other is a GP.

So, Island Paradise is going to have a lot more to do all things considering.

Less you're looking to add more depth into your Sims game with parenthood, which I have been waiting for entirely, plus I really adore all the buy/build mode.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    Unfortunately it is with IP.

There's a few things you'll have to do to get Island Paradise to work properly as it will plague you with problems. One being to delete two families being the Scott and the Medina family. Mods like Nraas and overwatch are pretty much needed to help run a bit better a shame that EP had the most problems. I kind of just stopped playing that one completely when I was playing Sims 3 the headache just wasn't worth it with routing being far worse than usual in a sims game. Island paradise is a decent EP when it actually works and that kind of a toss up.

Sims 4 Parenthood if you're expecting a whole lot in terms of CAS you may be disappointed in the shorted clothing, but there's a lot more build/buy items with furniture, clutter and more gameplay items. This pack focuses more on gameplay than anything and I have been enjoying it quite a lot. It varies from person to person as it's geared more towards family players. I've enjoyed teens acting more like teens and more things to do with children. Though my kids are hooligans who just dump paint on restaurant floors when going out to eat. :(

Depends more on what you like. I like vacationing and sunbathing among all the other things you can do in sims games, but I couldn't fully enjoy Island Paradise due to all the problems laced with it and left behind. Might work better for some than others though. Plus, Sims 3 EP's as of now are fairly cheap. Think it's like 9.99 the cheapest I found on ebay.

I'd lean more to Parenthood, but like I said it's really what you think you'd enjoy a lot more and what it'll add to your game. Plus the two packs are like night and day since one is an EP and the other is a GP.

So, Island Paradise is going to have a lot more to do all things considering.

Less you're looking to add more depth into your Sims game with parenthood, which I have been waiting for entirely, plus I really adore all the buy/build mode.

What about supernatural?
  • Options
    plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    Wait a minute - surely this is thread is a mix of TS3 and TS4?
  • Options
    plopppo2 wrote: »
    Wait a minute - surely this is thread is a mix of TS3 and TS4?

Yes, I wasn't sure where to put it, I figured since it had to do with Sims 4 I could put it in Sims 4 Gen Discussion
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,407 Member
    TS3 Supernatural is fantastic and definitely more exciting than Parenthood. Go for it!
  • Options
    TS3 Supernatural is fantastic and definitely more exciting than Parenthood. Go for it!

Why? What will I get out of it?
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited June 2017

What about supernatural?

I'll tell you right now it is not a favorite pack of mine, mostly because it never fit into my gameplay. Vampires were fine, since they seemed like a staple in the game. They improved a little more on the vampires since late night, plus you can make them and other life states in CAS. It's a good pack if you like playing with Vampires, werewolves, fairies etc a lot. Zombies were pretty boring to me in this pack and werewolves are more or less the same much like previous installments which is a disappointment.

Witches were probably like the only state that seemed a lot more in depth between that and if you like making sims lives miserable with castling spells causing havoc then it's a plus the alchemy skill is pretty nice too. Fairies are good at casting pranks along with other spells and plus you get some pretty nice wings to go with it.

There's quite a lot of CAS items and other items in build/buy mode. It has a lot of content, but I never played this for too long because it just didn't fit for a lot of my sims lifestyle. Good for messing around and irritating sims, but other than that? You may like it if you're into it though.

I found it relatively boring it was okay to go to now and again, but a lot of stuff I honestly didn't use in my game opposed to some decor and clothing.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    kitten885kitten885 Posts: 5 New Member
    I'd get parenthood. It makes toddlers and children far more worth playing through and will apply to any game you play, not just themed play throughs like many other game and stuff packs.
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    Definitely Parenthood. Island Paradise was so buggy and I loved how beautiful it was but it took forever to get anywhere. I don't miss open world.
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    edited June 2017
    Well, do you prefer playing TS 3 or 4? Parenthood is a fantastic GP and probably my favourite pack, I'd say it's worth it. Island Paradise was on the surface a great EP, but yes it has problems. I've read that you can edit the world to make it less laggy, so maybe ask about that on the TS3 section. But I do think it's worth it.
  • Options
    Simanite wrote: »
    Well, do you prefer playing TS 3 or 4? Parenthood is a fantastic GP and probably my favourite pack, I'd say it's worth it. Island Paradise was on the surface a great EP, but yes it has problems. I've read that you can edit the world to make it less laggy, so maybe ask about that on the TS3 section. But I do think it's worth it.

What about Supernatural? I prefered SIms 3.
  • Options
    Supernatural was a really good EP and I don't recall it having any issues. I've never been a big Supeenaturals fan but I have to admit it was still really good. Lots of variety and even stuff to do for non supernatural Sims.
  • Options
    BrownGamerGurl1BrownGamerGurl1 Posts: 1,136 Member
    If you prefer sims 3 then definitely spend your money on that. It doesn't make sense to buy something for sims 4 then. I recommend Isla Paradiso EP. Even though im not a sims 3 fan.
  • Options
    Supernatural was a really good EP and I don't recall it having any issues. I've never been a big Supeenaturals fan but I have to admit it was still really good. Lots of variety and even stuff to do for non supernatural Sims.

What can I do in it? What was your top 5 expansions in sims 3?
  • Options
    AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    IP is fun if but the lag is awful. However, there are ways to reduce it. Check out this thread: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/811253/removing-ip-lag/p1
    For me it still runs slower than other towns, but it's tolerable enough that I feel I can play in it.

If you're a fan of different life states, I'd definitely recommend Supernatural. The werewolves are kind of 'eh' as well as zombies imo but I love the witches and the faeries. Moonlight Falls—the world it comes with—is also one of my favorites.

Parenthood is great if you like to play with families. It really adds to the overall experience of raising children and it helps teens feel like teens. If you're more of a single YA kind of player, then I'd recommend one of the above.
  • Options
    IP is fun if but the lag is awful. However, there are ways to reduce it. Check out this thread: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/811253/removing-ip-lag/p1
    For me it still runs slower than other towns, but it's tolerable enough that I feel I can play in it.

If you're a fan of different life states, I'd definitely recommend Supernatural. The werewolves are kind of 'eh' as well as zombies imo but I love the witches and the faeries. Moonlight Falls—the world it comes with—is also one of my favorites.

Parenthood is great if you like to play with families. It really adds to the overall experience of raising children and it helps teens feel like teens. If you're more of a single YA kind of player, then I'd recommend one of the above.

What were your favorite sims 3 ep's?
  • Options
    AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    edited June 2017

What were your favorite sims 3 ep's?
    Hmm. Well, in no particular order:
    Seasons
    Ambitions
    Supernatural
    University Life
    Generations
    Late Night

I also enjoyed World Adventures, but it's not quite a favorite of mine. IP was great when I finally got the town to run better and ITF was fun too but probably my least favorite of the bunch.

Edit: I forgot about LN. I knew I was missing something!
  • Options

What can I do in it? What was your top 5 expansions in sims 3?

It had new arcade games like the claw machine and smack a mole, and indoor planters for gardening. You get fairies, vampires, werewolves, witches and zombies.

My top 5 would have been 1. Seasons 2. Generations 3. University 4. Pets 5. Late Night
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    IP for TS3 has some lovely things and great stuff to do but even on my more modern gaming pc it just doesn't run well. It was poorly itemized or something and just runs badly. Parenthood on the other hand seems to run well and is very entertaining as well. I feel like the game play Parenthood adds is worth the money and while I loved IP for Sims 3, it can be an exercise in frustration.

In the end though, its really about personal preference yeah? If you'd prefer to update your Sims 3 then go with IP. Otherwise, I feel like Parenthood is a solid choice.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    PrismSimsPrismSims Posts: 74 Member
    Up to you! I think I want to try the parenthood pack, it looks really fun! Though, TS3 is great too. I would do TS3 ONLY if you really, really want to play supernaturals or mermaids. I think TS3 was THE BEST for the supernaturals! We had it all! Genies! Mermaids! Witches! Vampires! Werewolves! Plantsims! You name it! :) I miss all my supernaturals a lot. The plantsims in this version are very lazily done, I hope they fix them up.
  • Options
    DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member

What about Supernatural? I prefered SIms 3.

That's one of the most content-intensive packs of Sims 3. Worth the buy.

Also, just a general tip: Steam Summer Sale is starting ~June 22nd. Not set in stone, but absolutely towards the end of the month. It's very likely EA will match their sale, and the Steam Summer Sale is always huge. Very likely you'll see a sale at the end of the month of both. And if you have Sims 3 via Steam...? Yeah, super likely.
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • Options
    Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    edited June 2017
    In terms of more in depth, over all gameplay improvement, I'd get Parenthood. The effects are not immediately obvious but it is more integrated into the cure gameplay and I absolutely think it is the best one so far.

If you prefer Sims 3, I did enjoy Island Paradise a lot but it was very laggy and mermaids were so disappointing to me. The water sports were fun though, as well as scuba diving

Supernatural brings moon phases and the moon phases bring the most annoying thing ever-- zombies. However, the witches were a lot of fun and they could cast spells, have greater powers during a full moon, and there was also a potion making object that anyone could use which I had so much fun with. And my witches were always casting love spells and meddling in other sims lives. So fun
  • Options
    ANNETTE1951ANNETTE1951 Posts: 520 Member
    Basically is TS4: Parenthood pack worth the money for the CAS and Gameplay? Or should I keep my money and buy something else from the Sims? I've really been wanting to buy Sims 3 IP. Should I buy that? I've heard it's plagued with tech issues. What do you think I should buy?

Get Parenthood, it is well worth it. I am finally playing a lot more than ever before because of it.