Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Genetically Modified Children

Comments

• Options
    CitySimmer16CitySimmer16 Posts: 331 Member
    I make sure my parent sims looks amazing so that they're babies turn out beautiful <3
    FFCOojX.gif
  • Options
    AvaSims4080AvaSims4080 Posts: 810 Member
    I accept them no matter what their appearance or weight comes out as, I don't want to meddle with the genetics. I sometimes change up the hairstyle and outfit though, seeing as they normally don't go well.
  • Options
    krista8626krista8626 Posts: 2,923 Member
    If they are clones of mama or dad, then off to CAS they go to be GMC.
  • Options
    xPaxionxPaxion Posts: 1,119 Member
    I accept them no matter what their appearance or weight comes out as, I don't want to meddle with the genetics. I sometimes change up the hairstyle and outfit though, seeing as they normally don't go well.

I've noticed even purist settle for change of hair colour or style.
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    edited June 2017
    I nearly always change clothes and hair to be more flattering or to reflect the personality of that particular sim. I don't change physical features very often. If I were to do so then it is basically considered to be plastic surgery in my game. I do give tummy tucks and CAS weight management in my game because otherwise that would be out of control. Nearly everyone gets a tummy tuck in my game. Some sims can be heavier than others in my game but I try to keep them from all being at the absolute heaviest end of the system. I've let only one or two be like that for story purposes.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    I like to take them as they come. Most of my sims have an exaggerated feature like ears or nose or something. I like them to have their own beauty standards. I like finding beauty in uniqueness.
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • Options
    Patch__2008Patch__2008 Posts: 498 Member
    Well when I played a family man challenge, and had children with Jade Rosa, our children came out very disproportionate and ugly and so I edited their faces so they looked normal. Well except one. One I went with the crazy look and dyed her hair bright pink and made her body match her face.
    ~Find Me On YouTube: My Channel~IG: katiesadie00~Twitter: katiesadie00~
  • Options
    ceinwynieceinwynie Posts: 162 Member
    I never change their features, just their hairstyle and sometimes the shape of their eyebrows because it's something that we can easily change in real life.
  • Options
    JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    Beady eyed ferret faces go straight under the knife. Everybody else is pretty safe.
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    They get hair and clothing makeovers but the hair stays the same color (unless its one of those situations where the parent has a hair color (like green, pink or blue) that the kids can't have without cc) and I don't change features. They keep what they are born with.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    ShadowmarkedShadowmarked Posts: 1,054 Member
    I tend to only play with clothing and hair however if I really don't like a child's look they may get shipped off to another side household ( I have my main house for my main family then a house for all the extra family members I'm not using/interested in) and I usually choose my best looking sim to carry on the legacy... which makes me seem rather vain and sketchy doesn't it like I'm going "well this child looks weird lets send him to his aunts house and try for another one" I might be a terrible person :sweat_smile:
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    @BeJaWa probably makes me a bad person too but I love this idea. For me its rarely about the looks though and more about who annoys me the most :D
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    JACKIEJOY wrote: »
    Beady eyed ferret faces go straight under the knife. Everybody else is pretty safe.

HEY!

Easy on the ferret faces :cry:
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • Options
    Aloe2828Aloe2828 Posts: 28 Member
    The only child I've ever "altered" was Alexander Goth. That boy grew up real unfortunate....

But I will change hair colour, but only to a colour one of the parents have. Like, if one parent has brown hair and the other blonde and the kid has brown hair, I'll sometimes change the kids hair to blonde. More of neighbourhood diversity then anything - I find brown and black hair can be really dominant (which is true to real life I guess)
    Just keep simming
  • Options
    AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    edited June 2017
    Excuse you.
    f6c5a146357cdd00c4ef582317909ba5.jpg
    Ferrets
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT9PmfAWYFUPjbEd4rfQ_foMKG-rI0vAJtdCxy6Rbpn43_eEKdGng
    are
    cute-ferret-photography-44__700.jpg
    Adorable.
  • Options
    xPaxionxPaxion Posts: 1,119 Member
    Excuse you.
    Ferrets
    are
    Adorable.

What if they add ferrets to the next Pets DLC? Hehe.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    xPaxion wrote: »
    Excuse you.
    Ferrets
    are
    Adorable.

What if they add ferrets to the next Pets DLC? Hehe.

As long as they do them proper, great but if they treat them as though they were rodents/hamsters, mice and such then no thanks. Ferrets are more akin to cats and dogs than to mice. They aren't rodents. Ferrets require at least 4 hours out of cage time per day mine get no less than 12 hours out per day. They aren't meant to be kept only in cages their whole life.
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
  • Options
    m11kjm11kj Posts: 410 Member
    Lol. I had this picture in my head of scientists doing modifications to children in a secret lab somewhere when I saw the thread title.

lol same. the title gave me chills cuz i thought of x-menXD

picky as i am, to my own surprise i don't really change my kids' features. i might be lucky(?) but i always think the kids i get look pretty. I would actively change their weight through gameplay tho if they are too chubby or skinny. i like my sims to look balanced.

W79XhDj.png
  • Options
    JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    edited June 2017
    Ferret face is a reference to M.A.S.H. not the four footed cuteys.
    Post edited by JACKIEJOY on
  • Options
    RainingRosesRainingRoses Posts: 19 New Member
    I usually only edit my male sims because they always turn out a little weird looking.
  • Options
    simesmerizedsimesmerized Posts: 202 Member
    I usually accept them as they are. Every now and then I'll change eye color or something. And if there is something really bad looking I'll tweak just enough to make it normal looking.
    BeJaWa wrote: »
    I tend to only play with clothing and hair however if I really don't like a child's look they may get shipped off to another side household ( I have my main house for my main family then a house for all the extra family members I'm not using/interested in) and I usually choose my best looking sim to carry on the legacy... which makes me seem rather vain and sketchy doesn't it like I'm going "well this child looks weird lets send him to his aunts house and try for another one" I might be a terrible person :sweat_smile:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who does this! Sometimes I don't even bother to send them to another household. Sometimes I just delete them. :grimace: But I guess I usually do this when I have remorse about letting my sims have so many kids more so.
  • Options
    ScaryMonsterScaryMonster Posts: 17 Member
    I change clothes and hairstyles with each age-up, but don't touch any of their other features unless they a become teen and it's *really* bad (I've had several children who possessed no chin whatsoever. For their own well-being, I gave them a bit of "jaw surgery" to fix the issue).
  • Options
    LivinityLivinity Posts: 455 Member
    I always change them and I'm glad I do it, my favourite sim was made that way. He was born as a girl, a really ugly one, from my history challenge save. I tried to make her look pretty, then tried to make her look at least normal, both failed. I was ready to sacrifice the poor thing, but in a last try, I changed the gender and surprise, I got the most perfect male sim ever born in my game, go figure haha the wonders of sims genetic engineering.
  • Options
    MemetasticMemetastic Posts: 16 New Member
    I typically keep them the way they are except I'll give them nice hair and brows. Sometimes I'll change the hair color (if the baby girl has the same hair color as her mom I'll sometimes change it to her father's hair color and vice versa). Some of the kids, no matter how cute the parents are, turn out very strange looking. I usually make the strangest looking child the heir to make progressively strange looking children down the line lol
  • Options
    AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    Ferret face is a reference to M.A.S.H. not the four footed cuteys.
    Ahh, okay. You are forgiven.