Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

OMGosh! 'Becca Came Home From School MORTIFIED— Updated!

GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,581 Member
And, here I just thought she was being overly dramatic, walking like a Zombie. Oh, my! I've never ever had a Sim reach the state of mortified. According to what I read when I hovered over her, it suggested she was close to death. :open_mouth: And to have her give herself a pep talk in the mirror. I'm not willing to lose one of my Sims in this family. Not at this time. Oh, brother. You can't have a random moment when you want one. Yikes. Wish me luck as I do my best to save her. I just started this family. :'(

Does beg the question, just what goes on in that high school, that a teen girl she return home in this condition. Any tips are more than welcome.

Phew, dodged that phaser blast! All she had to do was talk to herself in the mirror. That got her over her condition. But, that was closer than I wished to be.
You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/

Comments

• Options
    GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    My teen girl got mortified too. It must be a bad school.

There was an option like go jogging to ease the mind or something. Mine went jogging.

Mortified +50 ... a pep talk ain't gonna cut it
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    they can't die from it as teens
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    Gruffman wrote: »
    My teen girl got mortified too. It must be a bad school.

There was an option like go jogging to ease the mind or something. Mine went jogging.

Mortified +50 ... a pep talk ain't gonna cut it

I had her talk to the mirror, but I also queued up the hide in bed. I didn't need her to hide in bed. Sigh of RELIEF. Normally speaking, that would have been fine with me. I do wish to experience a death by emotion. Just not her and just NOT this family!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
  • Options

Well, I suppose that makes sense, since as teens people tend to experience a great deal of overwhelming emotions. LOL
  • Options
    plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    Wait until she comes home from school pregnant - it can happen.

That will mortify the parents.
  • Options
    SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    I had a teen die once from anger, so unless it has been changed recently....
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member

It was
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options

It was

I'm happy about that! I lost Luna a couple of months ago.

• Options
    Hadron1776Hadron1776 Posts: 330 Member

It was

It was changed alongside the release of the Parenthood pack, to account for the +50 moodlets.
  • Options
    Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited June 2017
    I don't think so as it would have been listed in the patch notes, and I didn't see any mention of death for teenagers. it is most likely a mod conflict and so is the pregnancy thing..

Edit: Why would they risk the teen rating.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Hadron1776 wrote: »

It was

It was changed alongside the release of the Parenthood pack, to account for the +50 moodlets.

Ahh, I was gonna say though! Makes sense because hormones make teens feel everything so intensely.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    @Sid1701D9 I'm sure ploppo was just making a 'joke', you can take most of what he says with a pinch of salt.
  • Options
    Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    I know sometimes people don't know what is true or not I live in an apartment building were people take jokes seriously and stuff that is supposed to be taken seriously as a joke.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    I feel they should have never done emotional deaths at all to begin with. It is stupid to have a game that is based around emotions punish you for experiencing extreme ones. The extreme emotions are the most fun! I always mod away these emotional deaths because they are hands down this game's worst "feature".
  • Options
    shygirlshygirl Posts: 221 Member

are you sure, my teen just died from being mortified because of a mood swing

06-05-17_3-51-30AM.png

• Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    shygirl wrote: »

06-05-17_3-51-30AM.png
    They can you proved it they don't have proof it was changed just some coding that was never confirmed by the patch notes they changed the emotional deaths.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member

06-05-17_3-51-30AM.png
    They can you proved it they don't have proof it was changed just some coding that was never confirmed by the patch notes they changed the emotional deaths.

The proof is in the ":/" face on the icon of the mood buff. Its a teen mood swing.
  • Options
    Well, now I know to be careful. I guess you really need to put them to sleep or calm them down quickly. And save often.

• Options

06-05-17_3-51-30AM.png

Do you have any "kids can die from anything/etc" mods? They override the emotional deaths, which undoes Maxis' protection.
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member

06-05-17_3-51-30AM.png

Do you have any "kids can die from anything/etc" mods? They override the emotional deaths, which undoes Maxis' protection.
    Me no I just have regular mods. I don't change the deaths in my game and its coding it doesn't prove it was changed if they didn't tell us.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    edited June 2017

06-05-17_3-51-30AM.png

Me no I just have regular mods. I don't change the deaths in my game and its coding it doesn't prove it was changed if they didn't tell us.

Regular mods? What kind of mods?
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    For the record, after I put up the "proof" from the game code: I tested it out as well. (Because maybe my copy of the xml extractor glitched or something) (I think I removed all my mods for this as well):
    >I have a toddler. Ages up to teen.
    interactions.push death_Embarrassment

...No effect

So I try again, after the interaction queue clears:
    Still no effect.
    And just to make sure it wasn't because I inputted the cheat wrong, I age him up to YA and push the death a third time. This time, he folds over and dies, right on cue.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Actually. the "do you have mods" question was more directed at @shygirl
    (yup, the nested quotes)