Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How Do You Volunteer? (Parenthood)

ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
I don't see the option. I believe you click on the phone but I don't see the word Volunteer anywhere.

Anyone know how or done this yet?

Update: It's working now. It was a mod conflict.
Post edited by Chazzzy on

Comments

• Options
    Brieanna19Brieanna19 Posts: 307 Member
    When you click on the phone, it should pop up under travel- I've done the 'Walk to Fight a Disease' and 'Volunteer at a Nursing Home'
  • Options
    Brieanna19 wrote: »
    When you click on the phone, it should pop up under travel- I've done the 'Walk to Fight a Disease' and 'Volunteer at a Nursing Home'

Yea I don't have anything under Travel on the phone. Might be a mod issue then.
  • Options
    JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member
    Check on the computer under "Household" on the menu....I have that option there too, in addition to the phone. Might require a certain level parenting skill too before you get that option?
  • Options
    JimG72 wrote: »
    Check on the computer under "Household" on the menu....I have that option there too, in addition to the phone. Might require a certain level parenting skill too before you get that option?

Did not know that, awesome find!
  • Options
    FYI, If you use the Larger Interaction Queue mod, it needs to be updated. That was the mod causing me not to see the volunteer menu. Once I removed it, the option came back.
  • Options
    LaceySimsxLaceySimsx Posts: 1 New Member
    > @Chazzzy said:
    > FYI, If you use the Larger Interaction Queue mod, it needs to be updated. That was the mod causing me not to see the volunteer menu. Once I removed it, the option came back.

You just saved my sanity! Thank you!!
  • Options
    SimsSlaySimsSlay Posts: 57 Member
    You do not need a certain parenting skill to volunteer. I am playing a young couple now with no kods or parenting skill and they still have the option to volunteer
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    You can go onto a computer and choose Household then Volunteer Household for more options. I try to have my children and teens do a lot of volunteer work once they're done with their homework and extra credit. If not volunteer work, I have them do school projects bought in Buy/Build Mode.
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,674 Member
    Just sent half my family off for volunteering. They just left the lot though. I think I saw a screen earlier f a family volunteering at a soup kitchen - was it just a rig, or can we follow our sims to any of those volunteer activities? I thought it would be more like a challenge, but getting some members out of the house on a Sunday is fine, too, :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    PinkPaws66PinkPaws66 Posts: 755 Member
    You don't follow them - just a rabbit hole. Sometimes you get a poo- up question while they're gone.