Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Adopting children

Hi!

I've not had time/never remember to test while in-game!

I was wondering - Say a child is taken by the social worker in one household, can the next household find that same child under the adoption service? Was wondering if said child is saved to the adoption option or if it's wiped from the game?

Thanks! :)
The Bristol Simmer||Find my builds and legacy updates on the gallery! Have a happy day!

68OUgVc.jpg

Comments

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    No, children who are taken are basically just gone. :(
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    TheBristolSimmerTheBristolSimmer Posts: 705 Member
    That's a shame! Would have been great for other family members to then adopt the child! Maybe that should be a new feature they should add! Thanks for the reply @luthienrising :)
    The Bristol Simmer||Find my builds and legacy updates on the gallery! Have a happy day!

68OUgVc.jpg
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    That's a shame! Would have been great for other family members to then adopt the child! Maybe that should be a new feature they should add! Thanks for the reply @luthienrising :)

the thing is that you could simply add the child back to a family he/she was taken from through the manage world
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options

the thing is that you could simply add the child back to a family he/she was taken from through the manage world

?

Do you mean just add an earlier save version of the child?

68OUgVc.jpg
  • Options

?

sorry i meant manage households
  • Options

?

Once a Sim's been taken by the social worker, they aren't accessible there anymore.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options

?

Once a Sim's been taken by the social worker, they aren't accessible there anymore.

i know that. but if another sim family could adop a child who has been taken from them then you could put the child back to the original family through manage households.
  • Options

?

i know that. but if another sim family could adop a child who has been taken from them then you could put the child back to the original family through manage households.

The child who was taken by the social worker won't show up in the adoption options. Adoption options are new-generated Sims only.
  • Options

?

The child who was taken by the social worker won't show up in the adoption options. Adoption options are new-generated Sims only.

Thanks for clarifying!

68OUgVc.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2017

?

i know this. what i was talking about is that if a DIFFERENT family COULD adopt a child who was taken by a social worker, then you could put the taken child back to ORIGINAL family through manage household. that is why even next household can't adopt taken children -> so simmers could use it on purpose
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,112 Member
    And yet in Sims 2, children taken by the social worker were the first to be given to new families seeking to adopt.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    lmusiclmusic Posts: 288 Member
    It's a shame, if a Sim is near death with a youngster I usually move them in with another family to stop them being taken. Or age up one of them.
  • Options
    lmusic wrote: »
    It's a shame, if a Sim is near death with a youngster I usually move them in with another family to stop them being taken. Or age up one of them.

I believe the elders can't die till children become teens but I am not sure about that. Never tried it.
  • Options

I believe the elders can't die till children become teens but I am not sure about that. Never tried it.

They can. And the children disappear :/ The one time I was running near that I moved another Sim in to be guardian.
  • Options
    edited May 2017

They can. And the children disappear :/ The one time I was running near that I moved another Sim in to be guardian.

Oh no don't tell me this. I have just put an orphan to childless elders :( Now this is shame.
  • Options
    LadyMcCrackenLadyMcCracken Posts: 31 Member
    That would be really neat to see... it's a shame they basically get deleted :(