Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Just a heads up for the release

ZafireriaZafireria Posts: 3,640 Member
Hi!

When the Vampire Game Pack was released, Origin had some issues with being slow etc and you therefore had problems buying the game because of it.
It might happen again when Parenthood is released, so don't panic if you are experience issues etc, you will be able to get your copy :smile:

There might not be any issues this time around, but I just wanted to give everyone a heads up, since a lot of people were confused and worried last time.

Comments

• Options
    gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    Yes, I was thinking of starting such a thread a couple of days ago but then I totally forgot. Thanks for reminding this problem to everyone here! I had encountered such an issue with the Perfect Patio SP and the Spa Day GP, but not with all the other packs. Let's hope nothing will happen this time around! The release time is so close now, so excited!!!
  • Options
    SparklePlumleySparklePlumley Posts: 1,061 Member
    I experienced it last time and it took forever for Vampires to download. Like 5 hours. Serious.
    IMO is prob because so many people are downloading it at the same time. I'm waiting till tomorrow to get it, so I can avoid this.
  • Options
    @gothprincess4ever No problems. Since Parenthood seems to be a nit more popular than the vampire one (based on forums post etc) there might be some slowness etc. But hopefully nothing that'll take long to sort out ^^
  • Options
    plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    Zafireria wrote: »
    Hi!

When the Vampire Game Pack was released, Origin had some issues with being slow etc and you therefore had problems buying the game because of it.
    It might happen again when Parenthood is released, so don't panic if you are experience issues etc, you will be able to get your copy :smile:

There might not be any issues this time around, but I just wanted to give everyone a heads up, since a lot of people were confused and worried last time.
    Thanks for reminding us of that - I remember this now.

I bet it goes wrong again - my money is on that one.
  • Options
    @plopppo2 What happened to being positive and have hope? :tongue:
  • Options
    LunaNovaLunaNova Posts: 1,239 Member
    so far ive never had issues buying and downloading right at release but I GUARANTEE today is the day that happens XD
    tumblr_ox7j4tmNjd1wqkiw6o1_1280.png
    //Sims Tumblr Here-MoonPhase Simblr//Berry Sims Here- MoonBerry Sims//
    Let me make you a cute forum avatar [Closed right noww!! will re-open closer to cats and dogs!] //
  • Options
    @plopppo2 What happened to being positive and have hope? :tongue:
    Well, I can just see Origin, Paypal and world banks all going splat when this thing releases.

I think it is going to be absolute carnage. Power-cuts and everything - hurricanes, tornadoes - possibly an asteroid.
  • Options
    @LunaNova lol XD have some hope.

@plopppo2 You forgot earthquakes.
  • Options
    Yesterday I was full of sugar - I had blagged nibbles for the midnight release that never happened.

Today I have no nibbles - so it is like the end of the world.
  • Options
    @plopppo2 Do I want to know how your nibbles appears then disappears?
  • Options
    @plopppo2 Do I want to know how your nibbles appears then disappears?
    I ate them.
  • Options
    LunaNovaLunaNova Posts: 1,239 Member
    @Zafireria Trust me I have ;p I'm at my boyfriends place and he has super fast internet so i'm hoping I wont have to wait so long for the game to download like I do at home! Its exciting :3
    tumblr_ox7j4tmNjd1wqkiw6o1_1280.png
    //Sims Tumblr Here-MoonPhase Simblr//Berry Sims Here- MoonBerry Sims//
    Let me make you a cute forum avatar [Closed right noww!! will re-open closer to cats and dogs!] //
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    @LunaNova xD If Origin starts to slow, you can have the fastest net and it won't do much. However, be ready 1 hour before the release time, sometimes they release it a little earlier, else you are ready to quickly navigate to the game ;)
  • Options
    Is anyone else having nibbles?
  • Options
    orangeplumboborangeplumbob Posts: 1,102 Member
    Thanks for the heads up. This is the first time I am buying any of the EPs/GPs/Base Game on the day-of, and right when it is released.
  • Options
    Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    Thanks for the heads up. This is the first time I am buying any of the EPs/GPs/Base Game on the day-of, and right when it is released.
    Me too! Except the base game I preordered and played immediately but aside from that, I've normally been waiting a week or two after packs are released to get them or play them
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    I experienced it last time and it took forever for Vampires to download. Like 5 hours. Serious.
    IMO is prob because so many people are downloading it at the same time. I'm waiting till tomorrow to get it, so I can avoid this.

It may be even more problematic this time around.
    This will be a very popular pack and it's a day after Memorial Day.
    Some people have this day off too as a floating holiday. EA servers are going to be busy.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    SimmerMoonSimmerMoon Posts: 204 Member
    Hopefully it won't be too bad. It probably will, but there's no harm in having your fingers crossed.

I wish we had been allowed to download it ahead of time just not play it, like we could with the Sims 4 base game.
    Just a little bean whose only aspiration in life is becoming a magical girl.
  • Options
    @CK213 Nice signature ;)
    Speaking of holiday, isn't most people getting paid today as well?

@SimmerMoon That's called a pre-order and it would have been nice to have. But there's a lot of debate going on about pre-orders in general so yeah.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    I would like to hope that Team EA figured out what went wrong during the vampires release, and has taken measures to avoid it this time. But, I'm learning to be an optimist, too. I will buy mine at the allotted time and we'll just see what happens. If it takes quite some time to download, I have other things I can do. Like finish the laundry, try to find that elusive ancestor, put the fresh sheets on the bed, read my emails. Figure out if aging my two child Sims down is necessary, or if they're still young enough for their parents to have the desired influence over them. See? I've got lots to do. :p
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    plopppo2 wrote: »
    Is anyone else having nibbles?
    If things go wrong - ie Origin crashes - Paypal crashes then it may lead to huge regrets for not having nibbles on stand-by.
  • Options
    MeggyPlumbobMeggyPlumbob Posts: 46 Member
    I'm finding Origin slow all ready, the store is barely loading D:
  • Options
    PollyannaPollyanna Posts: 1 New Member
    Mine has started downloading but keeps going from 3 mins to 6!
  • Options
    The game is out. Remember it may be slow, you'll get your copy don't worry, just have patient.
  • Options
    There seem to be some slowness, just have patient :smile: