Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Preparation for Parenthood

Are you guys going to age down the kids in your favorite families or just continue on? That's what I'm debating on doing because I wanted to do this Parenthood type of stuff with my favorite family.

Comments

• Options
    jeromesimsworldjeromesimsworld Posts: 78 Member
    That feels like so much work. My "founders" are elders now :'( so i think I am just gonna let generation two enjoy the blessing of parenthood.
    ORIGIN ID: JeromeJoynes

jeromesimsworld.wordpress.com

[img][/img]0g1lXMR.png
  • Options
    tiffrenee07tiffrenee07 Posts: 682 Member
    That feels like so much work. My "founders" are elders now :'( so i think I am just gonna let generation two enjoy the blessing of parenthood.

Yea the dad of my family is an elder but the mom is still an adult and there's like 2 toddlers left and the rest are kids. So I might not have to age them down.
  • Options
    Gabe_ozGabe_oz Posts: 1,880 Member
    I have plenty of toddlers in my games so it's not too much of an issue. But I'll probably start a new legacy challenge. (Even though I never finished my last one)
  • Options
    Meow_its_DanforthMeow_its_Danforth Posts: 86 Member
    Same here. I have an abundance of new toddlers in new families I have recently started. The timing worked out perfectly. I understand your dilemma. When I think back on my favorite families having this pack would have made playing them 100% richer.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,790 Member
    edited May 2017
    My current family has five offspring already. Two are child level, two are toddlers (not twins, any of them) and one is an infant. So, I'm torn. I've even considered taking time this morning to restart this entire game save. I'm playing my ancestors. What I've done is created most of the two families in CAS, and playing on Long, chosen when it's time to age the teens to YA, to help space them properly. The eldest in each of the separate households got married very young, to each other. Although, it started out as rotation play, I find myself more into that young couple. So, when it's time for yet another sibling in either of their parents' households, I'll save and change households just long enough to add a kid. But, now that we're getting parental skills, I'm torn as to just what to do. I won't by any means delete my current save, but I may just start them over in another one. Problem with that, though is I have my very first toddler to max out his skills in this save. :open_mouth: Johnny, Jr., is just too cute for words. No doubt he won't be the same when he is introduced into the game again.

Any suggestions? I'm really undecided. HELP Please and thank you, in advance.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    I'll be starting fresh a brand new game, but not until tomorrow evening. what time will the game be released??
  • Options
    My current family has five offspring already. Two are child level, two are toddlers (not twins, any of them) and one is an infant. So, I'm torn. I've even considered taking time this morning to restart this entire game save. I'm playing my ancestors. What I've done is created most of the two families in CAS, and playing on Long, chosen when it's time to age the teens to YA, to help space them properly. The eldest in each of the separate households got married very young, to each other. Although, it started out as rotation play, I find myself more into that young couple. So, when it's time for yet another sibling in either of their parents' households, I'll save and change households just long enough to add a kid. But, now that we're getting parental skills, I'm torn as to just what to do. I won't by any means delete my current save, but I may just start them over in another one. Problem with that, though is I have my very first toddler to max out his skills in this save. :open_mouth: Johnny, Jr., is just too cute for words. No doubt he won't be the same when he is introduced into the game again.

Yea I'm at a dilemma too. I would just say continue on because that would be a lot of work.
  • Options
    I'll be starting fresh a brand new game, but not until tomorrow evening. what time will the game be released??

I'm not sure but I hope it's soon.
  • Options
    TheBuffster73TheBuffster73 Posts: 201 Member
    I created 5 new young married couples, moved them into newcrest and have been impatiently waiting for parenthood to come out before they all have any children.. hopefully not much longer now
    If the Apocalypse comes beep me
  • Options
    If others, yesterday, were correct in the time of release, we've got about 29 minutes Pacific Time. Allegedly, the game drops at 10 AM PST. That makes it 11 AM, for me. I'm in Mountain Time. :)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
  • Options
    Side note: I wonder with the curfew option, are your able to set different curfews for different Sims? For instance, I would want my child sim back earlier than my teenager.
  • Options

Yea I'm at a dilemma too. I would just say continue on because that would be a lot of work.

Thanks for the response. I find myself toying with the idea of aging the first two down to toddler again. The first son was born in RL March of 1763, his next brother in October 1764 and little Johnny, Jr. in June of 1766. So, they're all pretty darn close in age. I could always pull Betsy and rename the sixth baby Betsy once she ages to toddler and go from there.

Any thoughts?
  • Options
    basslinewildbasslinewild Posts: 268 Member
    I started a new save and waiting for Parenthood to be released before my legacy family has children.
    Tessa :)
    Gallery items under : TessaNicolle
    Check out my houses!
  • Options
    FeisbukaiteFeisbukaite Posts: 703 Member
    I'm going to keep playing and see what happens.
  • Options
    pinkishpinkish Posts: 693 Member
    My sim is single I will be using the stuff that came with the pack before I have any children and I want to wait till she is pretty high in her skills and career before I start a family. This pack is here to stay......I always burn myself out pretty quickly with new play, so I am going to take my time with this one.
  • Options
    LizzychicagoLizzychicago Posts: 873 Member
    If others, yesterday, were correct in the time of release, we've got about 29 minutes Pacific Time. Allegedly, the game drops at 10 AM PST. That makes it 11 AM, for me. I'm in Mountain Time. :)

It comes out 12 noon in Chicago which is central time, an hour and a half now.
    Check my builds and Sims out on the Gallery, username Lizzychicago!
  • Options
    HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    My current legacy hasn't even started, plan on doing it all on the first generation.
  • Options
    CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    I've got several kids and toddlers running around my save, so I'm good :)
    One of my families is in a pretty small apartment and they have three kids, so I should probably move them to a house soon to get my parenting on :s
  • Options
    StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,461 Member
    Side note: I wonder with the curfew option, are your able to set different curfews for different Sims? For instance, I would want my child sim back earlier than my teenager.

If I remember the livestream right there's 3 different curfew times. Think they were 7pm, 9pm, and midnight.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I pretty much started over when Parenthood was announced. I started a new save with a brother-sister pair from the base game Library, Ollie and Cassidy Purdue. I gave them makeovers with all the current content (new hair and clothes), then had them share an apartment in San Myshuno. Ollie is an artist in the Painter career, while Cassidy is in Social Media (Public Relations). Ollie met his wife Aicha courtesy of the Wishing Well, while Cassidy is currently pregnant with Gunther Munch's baby (thanks to MC Command Center, Gunther is married to Summer (nee Holiday) and step-dad to her twins from Gavin Richards). So Cassidy will be raising her child mostly as a single mom, while Ollie and Aicha will be more a "traditional" family. As for Gunther, I haven't decided if he'll leave Summer and her boys so he can be with Cassidy and their child, or if he'll decide to keep his relationship with Cassidy on the down low and stay in his marriage because he promised.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    lilacstreetwayslilacstreetways Posts: 239 Member
    The family in my pictures.... the file save didn't work every well so started the family again..... so I am ready
    in my fave house too
    05-30-17_3-07-38PM_zpsofvjuufa.png
    LilacStreetWays
    AKA LilacSimmerUK
    varg6b2qcx57.png
  • Options
    SoapSudsSoapSuds Posts: 1,359 Member
    Well, one of my favorite things to do with Sims I've created is to create their toddler/child/teen version to see how they have progressed as they've aged up. Because of this, I already have the toddler version of one of my favorite Sims I've made, so I'm going to start off with that and actually have her being raised up into who she is now.
  • Options
    CitySimmer16CitySimmer16 Posts: 331 Member
    My Legacy founder Tara Collins is pregnant sooo I can't wait!!!
    FFCOojX.gif
  • Options
    Cement wrote: »
    I've got several kids and toddlers running around my save, so I'm good :)
    One of my families is in a pretty small apartment and they have three kids, so I should probably move them to a house soon to get my parenting on :s

Yea I had to do that because they had 5 kids.
  • Options
    Starfree wrote: »

If I remember the livestream right there's 3 different curfew times. Think they were 7pm, 9pm, and midnight.

Can you set them for different Sims?