Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you favor girls over boys?

KyliesswartzKyliesswartz Posts: 225 Member
When my sim is pregnant I 99.9% of the time try and influence the game to give me a girl. I always like playing with girls and if I have a boy and a girl in a family and they grow up, I go off and continue the generation with the girl. However, I am a girl. For any boy simmers, do you favor boys or like playing with boys better?

Comments

• Options
    kittymeowkittymeow Posts: 7,338 Member
    I do exactly the same, I don't cheat though I just have my sims have babies until it's a girl and I always carry on the generation with them! :D but I'm a girl too!
  • Options
    John4estJohn4est Posts: 202 Member
    I usually tend to play mostly boys because I'm too attracted to them not to. But I do like playing girls because dressing them up is way more fun. So really, I don't care. I do enjoy a powerful woman though... To seduce all the boys if they're straight. And suck their blood if their a vampire. But when they're having kids I usually want them to be male, so I can grow them up and play them. The girls usually get left in the background with the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 outfits I give them.
    2qwq9ah.jpg
  • Options
    kristal2424kristal2424 Posts: 131 Member
    i actually love the surprise and playing with it at random.
  • Options
    FluorescentSoapFluorescentSoap Posts: 1,472 Member
    When my sim is pregnant I 99.9% of the time try and influence the game to give me a girl. I always like playing with girls and if I have a boy and a girl in a family and they grow up, I go off and continue the generation with the girl. However, I am a girl. For any boy simmers, do you favor boys or like playing with boys better?

I'm the opposite, I'm female but I really enjoy playing with my male sims, I used to play a lot with the Pleasant family TS2 so that was always focusing on Angela and Lilith for me, but in TS3 and TS4 I shifted my focus to the males for once.

I now have a family which I love so much [sim in my profile pic, James] that without them I think I wouldn't play anymore.
    tumblr_inline_oqdvr8Z3jV1qbd7br_540.gif
    ⌠ Team Holy Hêll ⌡ [Currently playing TS4]
  • Options
    > @FluorescentSoap said:
    > I now have a family which I love so much [sim in my profile pic, James] that without them I think I wouldn't play anymore.

So would you actually date that guy or would you be too afraid of his rock and roll, drinking and drugging lifestyle that is obvious due to the excessive tattoo stereotypes propagated in today's society?

I know I would ;)
    2qwq9ah.jpg
  • Options
    John4est wrote: »
    > @FluorescentSoap said:
    > I now have a family which I love so much [sim in my profile pic, James] that without them I think I wouldn't play anymore.

So would you actually date that guy or would you be too afraid of his rock and roll, drinking and drugging lifestyle that is obvious due to the excessive tattoo stereotypes propagated in today's society?

I know I would ;)

Haha ;) well he's gay in my game so no luck, but I would totally date him XDD like you know when you make some sims and you just think they look so cute.. he's one of them special ones lol.
  • Options
    sunspritersunspriter Posts: 125 Member
    Hardly ever play males, I like having them in the family but I don't play them much.
  • Options
    I8PIKACHUI8PIKACHU Posts: 572 Member
    I play my families down the paternal line with the oldest male sim of the family, unless there's only a girl. I take whatever Maxis gives me, though.
    soul-glo.gif
    Let your soul shine through.
  • Options
    tinaestelletinaestelle Posts: 201 Member
    edited May 2017
    I'm a boy and I used to favor playing female sims, especially when I was younger playing 2 and 3, but now it's pretty even. I don't try to manipulate what the gender will be, but I'll hope for a certain. My game seems to favor female sims over male sims though.
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    I have no preference for my sim sprogs.

And as to what I play, it depends on my mood on the day.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    I play boys like exclusively
    I've gotten attached to a couple females but hardly any
    Dunno why
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    > @FluorescentSoap said:
    > Haha ;) well he's gay in my game so no luck, but I would totally date him XDD like you know when you make some sims and you just think they look so cute.. he's one of them special ones lol.

Now I like him 100x More! ~~ Is he on the gallery!? I wanna get WRECKED!
    2qwq9ah.jpg
  • Options
    > @FluorescentSoap said:
    > Haha ;) well he's gay in my game so no luck, but I would totally date him XDD like you know when you make some sims and you just think they look so cute.. he's one of them special ones lol.

Now I like him 100x More! ~~ Is he on the gallery!? I wanna get WRECKED!

hahaha ;D WELL WOULD YOU KNOW, he's a bottom. [I have mods] [Don't wanna get banned from the forums lool] [I need to go crawl into the gutter] [is it hot in here] but he's not on the gallery because he has lots of CC and he looks kinda odd without it xD
  • Options
    [yes it's really hot in here]

Dang sims always playing with my emotions like this...
    2qwq9ah.jpg
  • Options
    [yes it's really hot in here]

Dang sims always playing with my emotions like this...

I think I just got the flirty moodlet. LOL ;D

p.s. ty for making me laugh irl, needed that <3
  • Options
    dogboy678dogboy678 Posts: 200 Member
    I normally favor girls. I find they have more options and I have lot more fun with them in CAs and in game. I should try to play more guys sims as I am an advocate for more male content. I guess I'm kind of a hypocrite. Then again I do play with guys to just not as much as girls.
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited May 2017
    Probably due to the larger options in clothing for females from children to adults compared to males. Though with my added pack like children stuff definitely been playing with boys a little more. Girls just have more stuff, but with the items in game been able to properly decorate their rooms.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    TmpiTmpi Posts: 34 Member
    I usually prefer girl if I'm playing a single sim. But I'm currently also playing a Pinstar legacy challenge and my firstborns have been boys for the past 5 generations! My founder was female (see my preference) and I'm at the 6th generation currently. I'm kinda in 'despair' (jokingly) that the male genes seem to be winning in this legacy lol, but I'm still having fun as well with my male heirs too :)
  • Options
    DivieOwlDivieOwl Posts: 1,161 Member
    I'm a girl and I tend to favor girls but only cause boys clothing choices are plum. I'd even be happy with good male cc, but even that is too limiting. I have grown quite attached to a few males Sims, though.
  • Options
    KlueniiKluenii Posts: 90 Member
    My legacy is set to a maternal line but I play with what I'm given... One generation I ended up with 8 boys in the family before my heir finally had a girl just before becoming an elder! It's fun to find spouses for all those boys and marry them off before moving them out though sometimes I do just send them off and let MCC take care of the finding a husband or wife for the kids!
  • Options
    jeepjeepcatjeepjeepcat Posts: 2,302 Member
    I let the chips fall where they may, boy, girl, vampire, alien, it's no bother, although girls have way more cas options.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,603 Member
    I prefer playing with guy sims. I don't know why really. Hmmm.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    LivinityLivinity Posts: 455 Member
    I rather have girls as toddlers/children in my game, sometimes I manipulate, but not often. The adult sims I'm attached the most are all mans. It's the opposite from my real life, I'm a female and I have a son irl haha
  • Options
    B_E2009B_E2009 Posts: 131 Member
    edited May 2017
    At the moment I'm playing a strict patriarchy, meaning that only males can become heirs and carry on the family's name. I don't influence the gender. It's quite exciting, especially if there's a sudden influx of boys. All those cousins, fighting to become the heir, killing each other and starting relationships with their ambitious, fortune hungry female cousins. And then there's the poor, current heir, who is paranoid he'll only have girls, meaning he can't pass on his title, and will be usurped.

I tried doing the same with a matriarchy but so many of my sims had girls, it just wasn't fun. I'm a guy by the way.
  • Options
    CitySimmer16CitySimmer16 Posts: 331 Member
    I tend to lean towards girls because I can usually make them look real good and I have A LOT of cc for them, but I've been downloading a lot of male cc <3 Although I find it quite hard to find cc clothing for boys to hit me up if you know any good cc creators for children ;)
    FFCOojX.gif