Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

PETS stuff in Parenthood

Comments

• Options
    brendhan21brendhan21 Posts: 3,427 Member
    plopppo2 wrote: »
    Actually, I would rather not know any news.

I hate it when they officially announce something - then we have to wait for ages for it to appear.

I think Pets should be like toddlers - just drop those bad boys on us.

Just sneak them out without telling us in advance.

I don't want some summer announcement that says they are coming in the autumn.

i expect an autumn teaser saying they are coming in autum/winter.
  • Options
    simmer_whoviansimmer_whovian Posts: 275 Member
    Wow, great find! I'd be thrilled if a vet career does come with Pets when they're released. I don't think we've had that before and it will be fun to play.
  • Options
    kristal2424kristal2424 Posts: 131 Member
    if they add pets i hope they can interact with the toddlers
  • Options
    tasmabeltasmabel Posts: 207 Member
    Taking 🐸🐸🐸🐸 temperature isn't exclusive to vets or animals, you know. It's also the most accurate way to take a baby's temp ;D
  • Options
    kinot9229kinot9229 Posts: 528 Member
    Awwww.
    I really can't wait to see the announcement of PET EP. :D:'(
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    If they do add a vet career like I've been hoping, then I'd be very excited about pets too lol
  • Options
    LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    @brendhan21 that is not true for EPs. CL was announced before the quarter
  • Options
    MeggyPlumbobMeggyPlumbob Posts: 46 Member
    Wow, well done for noticing! Fingers crossed for Pets! It's on of my favourite EPs.
  • Options
    plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    Pets are great, Pets are smart;
    Feed them beans and make them fart

Word on the street is that the toddler biting is a bit like a Pet who has been taken to the vet - ie the Pet can take a cheeky bite at your Vet Sim. Not all Pets like going to the TS4 vet.
  • Options
    gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    I'm a veterinarian in real life, so yes, yes, yes please!!!
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    I hope that they bring back the breeds list. :)
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    They can announce EPs outside of the quarter they plan to release them in.
  • Options
    leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    TS3, after Generation, was Pets
    Its logic than will be same at TS4
  • Options
    KeyserFnKeyserFn Posts: 1,424 Member
    The game isn't out yet there's no way to know this this should be moved to speculations thread
    b96a6288-80b2-4a90-b4f2-d0ff50a849e2.jpg~original

Origin gtgirl1999
    twitter @gtgirl_99
  • Options
    JnyxJnyx Posts: 273 Member
    edited May 2017
    Lomelindi7 wrote: »
    Good let's hope that means we will get a vet career when we get Pets

if we do, I really hope it would be an active career! I think that would be awesome!
    We need more active careers!
  • Options
    SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    Oh man oh man oh man this makes me so excited! I'm seeing all these hints everywhere about pets and I just want to fill my homes with so many dogs and puppies and oooooh my god I love pets.

Can not wait to get it.
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    I am not that fussed about pets. I'm sure if it comes I'll get it eventually because I end up succumbing anyway, but it's not on my "must have" list. I have real cats at home and much prefer them to pixel versions.

I did quite enjoy horses in Sims 3 though.
    Horses were the best thing about pets, they were awesome even though their routing was rather glitchy. Dogs and cats, I enjoy looking at occasionally but inevitably regret adding them to a household and having to look after them for ages.

There are many things I would rather have than pets, but I am sure I'm in the minority there.
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I think Pets and Toddlers will be a lot alike in their learning.

This pack is our Generations Pack (partly) and it makes sense that these interactions will be useful on both kids and pets.

Horses will need different training.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    thesims4queenthesims4queen Posts: 45 Member
    > @plopppo2 said:
    > TumTum teddybear (Mr Snugglesworth) is ideal for children who either want to be a doctor or a VETERINARIAN.
    >
    > That is Pets stuff - a vet looks after animals - a doctor looks after people.
    >
    > This is not a hint - it is a statement: TumTum Teddy Doctor Playset
    > TumTum Teddy is perfect for the child debating becoming a doctor or becoming a VETERINARIAN.

ammmm ..... I think they are not meant to add animals
  • Options
    BethanyShoneBethanyShone Posts: 310 Member
    I really do hope they're planning on adding pets to the game! Playing families seems somewhat empty without them.
  • Options
    BrownGamerGurl1BrownGamerGurl1 Posts: 1,136 Member
    I love cuddly animals in real life, but for some reason I could never get excited about animals in the sims. But I totally understand why other people love them. And hope you all get them soon, so the happiness can keep going around. Honestly, there are SO many Pets hints. There is also a couch that suggests pets are coming :)

• Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    I think Pets and Toddlers will be a lot alike in their learning.

This pack is our Generations Pack (partly) and it makes sense that these interactions will be useful on both kids and pets.

Horses will need different training.

Exactly. The values system is also analogous to how you would train a puppy. I see this as a hopeful sign that pets are on the horizon.
  • Options
    BrownGamerGurl1BrownGamerGurl1 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Do the "Pets" lovers want to the option to control/play as pets or do you want the pets to be NPC?
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Do the "Pets" lovers want to the option to control/play as pets or do you want the pets to be NPC?

Ideally I'd like them to be like toddlers -- controllable but with a very prominent free will. I can have my sim tell Dog to sit. I can click on Dog and select 'sit'. But Dog really, really wants to chase that squirrel.
  • Options
    SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member

I want them playable. I can always choose to NOT play as the pet and let them have free autonomy to do whatever they please. But for some stories, it would be nice to be able to control them.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png