Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Young Adults and Adults now last longer

Both the Young Adult and Adult lifestages have been increased by 4 days each, granting a total of 8 extra days onto a sims life. (Don't know what it is for long or short lifespan)

The change was made for toddlers, which I very much enjoy because if I didn't get a sim pregnant as soon as she turned into a young adult, they'd be so old by the time the toddler grew up :)
e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png

Comments

• Options
    PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    I'm really glad about this change. Grandparents may now have a better chance of spending time with their grandchildren, without having to resort to cheats or potions.
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    They had said in the game patch note that they had expanded the lifestages for both YA and Adult sims in the game by 4 days.
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    It's cool, but why we don't have a cursor?
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    It's cool, but why we don't have a cursor?
    What do you mean by not having a cursor?
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    edited May 2017
    So woohoo is longer now?
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Simanite wrote: »
    So woohoo is longer now?

Where did you get that from?
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,113 Member
    So woohoo is longer now?

Er, look at the thread title :P
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    I love this change! I used age mods to give grandparents a chance to live with their grandchildren, and now it's a bit more doable.
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    So woohoo is longer now?

Er, look at the thread title :P

LOL oh my.

I didn't even think of that, and I thought I had a dirty mind.

Shame on all of you, no TV and curfew is earlier!
  • Options
    plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    Shame we haven't got Pets to fill those extra days.

Sims would love Pets.

8 extra days with no love for a doggie - shocking.
  • Options
    plopppo2 wrote: »
    Shame we haven't got Pets to fill those extra days.

Sims would love Pets.

8 extra days with no love for a doggie - shocking.
    There is a townie in San Myshuno that walks around with a paw print outfit on in the game. Does this seem like a hint for Pets to anyone else besides me?
  • Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    Both the Young Adult and Adult lifestages have been increased by 4 days each, granting a total of 8 extra days onto a sims life. (Don't know what it is for long or short lifespan)

The change was made for toddlers, which I very much enjoy because if I didn't get a sim pregnant as soon as she turned into a young adult, they'd be so old by the time the toddler grew up :)

Mine haven't changed. Then I play with a Story Progression mod and gave them 21 days for YA-E.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Options
    ToreshinboToreshinbo Posts: 561 Member
    edited May 2017
    The Young Adult and Adult gain 16 more days in Long setting making it now 96 days each instead of 80. So a total of 32 extra days... That's a lot! :open_mouth:

Edit: I forgot to mention, Elders who have the long lived trait still have those extra 32 days added into their remaining lifespan. So they'll live for 416 days when becoming an elder. Geez now I have to wait longer until those plum geezers die... lol (I don't want to kill my sims, so... I'll just have to wait...)
  • Options
    DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member

Passes out from the shock that EA knew we needed more time with our Sims. (CRASH) Sorry I just landed on the buffet table. What a freakin waste I wanted to hog the wedding cake before the bride and groom got some. Shucks!
  • Options
    agent_bevagent_bev Posts: 1,313 Member
    I wish we would get back custom life stage lengths like in TS3
  • Options
    agent_bev wrote: »

So do I! So do I!
  • Options
    ToreshinboToreshinbo Posts: 561 Member
    agent_bev wrote: »

I wish so as well. The child and teen stage are too long for me on long setting... Especially when they don't have much to do at this point.
  • Options
    x_Always_Heart_xx_Always_Heart_x Posts: 567 Member
    edited May 2017
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,555 Member
    well they need to raise the child age group even longer anyway me setting or not i have set my game for no aging since i paly with aging fully off and do not even let any of my sims age i always keep them the same age more fun for me that way
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    FeisbukaiteFeisbukaite Posts: 703 Member
    I like longer life spans. I age them earlier if needed. I usually age toddlers once they achieve level 5 on everything ( potty level 3)
  • Options
    @DegrassiGen Your avatar :lol:

Naked is better. Especially when your nude at the library. My Sim that is :)
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,651 Member
    My sims already have a lifespan of infinity, so it's okay. XD
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    JumpingTrainsJumpingTrains Posts: 442 Member
    I'm so happy with this change!

Legacy challenges will feel so much less stressful for me now with an extra week to take care of kids.

• Options
    TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    So woohoo is longer now?
    My mind went to the same place.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Options
    UltraUltra Posts: 826 Member
    That's good. I don't like my sims to have kids until they are nearing the end of young adulthood or the beginning of Adulthood (unless they have an "accident") I actually reduced the toddler and child life span by about 8 days in total using the MCCC mod to try and even out the ages. Tbh I think I will keep it like that for now as there is not much you can do with those life stages. Perhaps with the new game pack I will extend them again.