Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cheat - Giving a job to someone else?

Hey everyone, i been trying to google this with no success because all i find are people talking about cheating to give a career / promotion to their own sim, and that's not what i had in mind.
I wanted to make some of my townies be in a specific profession / career and i can't find out how can i do this, without having to go change the household i'm playing, go to the desired household live mode, then have these strangers use their phone to find a job in X or Y career....
Is there a workaround to this, like say a cheat i can type in, if i know the full name of the sim? or if the sim is in the same plot as me or something?

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,604 Member
    edited May 2017
    Hello
    I am not sure if this would work,but you could try it.
    First type in
    testingcheats true

Then get the sims ID of the NPC
    https://simsvip.com/sims-4-cheats-codes/#SimID

Then type in
    careers.add_career nameofthecareer simsIDnumber
    And see if that works ( you need to type in the specific career and the specific simsID )
  • Options
    MooseGooseMooseGoose Posts: 127 Member
    @rosemow do you happen to have a list of different careers we can use this cheat with? I remember seeing one a few months ago on the official forums but I cannot find it.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,604 Member
    MooseGoose wrote: »
    @rosemow do you happen to have a list of different careers we can use this cheat with? I remember seeing one a few months ago on the official forums but I cannot find it.

Hello @MooseGoose
    There is a list of careers in a section on this cheats page
    http://sims-online.com/sims-4-game-info/sims-4-game-cheats-codes/
  • Options
    MooseGooseMooseGoose Posts: 127 Member
    @rosemow thank you for responding. Unfortunately that's not what I'm looking for. This was a list of NPC careers like mailman, yoga instructor, gardner, etc.
  • Options
    maya_acemaya_ace Posts: 65 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello
    I am not sure if this would work,but you could try it.
    First type in
    testingcheats true

Then get the sims ID of the NPC
    https://simsvip.com/sims-4-cheats-codes/#SimID

Then type in
    careers.add_career nameofthecareer simsIDnumber
    And see if that works ( you need to type in the specific career and the specific simsID )

Thank you, i will try this soon and let you know!
  • Options
    I think it worked cause now i can discuss work with this sim :open_mouth: thank you!
  • Options
    happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    Still hoping for a job manager tool to be added ... Give us control over our own game
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    If anyone here uses the MC Command Center mod you can make your target Sim active, send him/her to a computer (like at the library) then use MC Command Center to Cheat Sim Info... then Add Career. It won't work for giving them NPC jobs like mailman or gym instructor, but for any other job it will, You can also use it to set the job level by giving promotions or to set a certain skill level.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    If anyone here uses the MC Command Center mod you can make your target Sim active, send him/her to a computer (like at the library) then use MC Command Center to Cheat Sim Info... then Add Career. It won't work for giving them NPC jobs like mailman or gym instructor, but for any other job it will, You can also use it to set the job level by giving promotions or to set a certain skill level.

Wait... can you explain that a little better please? Cause i have the MCCC mod but i'm pretty new to it too
    Post edited by maya_ace on
  • Options
    lily_dale13lily_dale13 Posts: 30 New Member
    I'd like him to explain it as well... I'm not sure what that means...
  • Options
    FirandeFirande Posts: 816 Member

I know that testingcheats (and I guess MCCC too, never tried it) allows us to add Sims to families, but from what I read there's no way to make Sims selectable temporarily, right? Because if there is, I'd really, really want to know lol. I used the boolprop cheat in TS2 a lot and really couldn't go without the "make selectable / make unselectable" option as it made storytelling so much easier if you're able to temporarily control certain Sims. The "add to family" option is great if you don't mind going through the hassle of going back to world view > manage households and manually removing the Sim from your family again later. Not sure how that option in MCCC would work, but I always thought it worked just like the cheat.
    Origin ID: Fierande | Simlit | Tumblr

fgQIHTb.png