Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does anyone else sometimes spend more time in CAS than playing?

Am i the only one who sometimes binges on creating new sims and families? Like, right now I haven't been in live mode much. I am in create a sim 90 percent of the time.

Comments

• Options
    Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    Not in CAS no.
    I would say I spend a little over half my Simming time in build mode though.
  • Options
    BrownGamerGurl1BrownGamerGurl1 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Uzone27 wrote: »
    Not in CAS no.
    I would say I spend a little over half my Simming time in build mode though.

Me too. I am either in build mode or CAS. I feel the need to create more families and houses to suit the new game back.
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    edited May 2017
    not sometimes. all the time. (◡‿◡✿)
    i probably have more fun with this game's character creator than any other's. when it's time to actually play, I get super bored though.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member
    Meee! Me, me, me! Ugh... It's frustrating sometimes. Like, I want to play, but the urge to make sims is real. :D
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• Options
    jeromesimsworldjeromesimsworld Posts: 78 Member
    I was wondering this same thing because I noticed a lot of youtubers never play sims they just use CAS. I love CAS but then I love stunting on the townies with my fashions! CAS is addicting though
    ORIGIN ID: JeromeJoynes

jeromesimsworld.wordpress.com

[img][/img]0g1lXMR.png
  • Options
    SimsChica2013SimsChica2013 Posts: 75 Member
    Me too. I haven't actually played in a few days. I've been giving a lot of sims makeovers, and creating new families.
  • Options
    CitySimmer16CitySimmer16 Posts: 331 Member
    When you have 1000 odd cc at your disposal and counting, you tend to not play your sims
    FFCOojX.gif
  • Options
    AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    edited May 2017
    I'm usually in and out of CAS in less than a half-hour. I don't have the patience to learn the quirks of the system, so I usually push and pull the face into something that works, dress the sim up, pick a personality/aspiration, and then zoom out of there to play the game.

I have been spending more time in CAS lately though. I've been slowly remaking the townies in my rotational save since I have them set to not age and I'm tired of all the horrendous outfits the game slaps together, haha. I can only do five or so households at a time before I get tired of it.
  • Options
    John4estJohn4est Posts: 202 Member
    I will spend hours in CAS, and when I'm done, I save the sim(s) to my gallery and exit the game because I got too bored spending two hours shaping someone's cheek bones. I'll go back to it later, but sometimes you have to ask yourself, what game are you playing? Barbie dream house dress up or THE SIMS... If you have fun doing it bless your heart. I've started uploading attractive sims from the gallery and just using them. Make someone else do the work and I can play the game how I want.
    2qwq9ah.jpg
  • Options
    m11kjm11kj Posts: 410 Member
    *raises hand*
    the gameplay starts to feel limiting after the first 1-200 hours, it's the cas and build/buy that keeps providing players space to create endlessly. and since im a pretty bad builder, i stick to cas. ;P

W79XhDj.png
  • Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    Definitely, it's my favorite thing in TS4 basically.
    I spend more time creating my own families or recreating families from TS3 than I usually spend on playing them... :smile:
  • Options
    BrownGamerGurl1BrownGamerGurl1 Posts: 1,136 Member
    edited May 2017
    John4est wrote: »
    I will spend hours in CAS, and when I'm done, I save the sim(s) to my gallery and exit the game because I got too bored spending two hours shaping someone's cheek bones. I'll go back to it later, but sometimes you have to ask yourself, what game are you playing? Barbie dream house dress up or THE SIMS... If you have fun doing it bless your heart. I've started uploading attractive sims from the gallery and just using them. Make someone else do the work and I can play the game how I want.

Barbie dreamhouse lol :D

Downloading sims from the gallery is such a time saver. You can spend more time in the game that way.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    edited May 2017
    I spend a lot of time if I'm recreating a character from a movie, tv show, or video game including past Sims of the series of course... I have to try to get them as close as I can.. often comparing or genetically merging other sims I've found on the gallery to see they come out better. Then I work on the traits sometimes rewatching a show or movie. Then comparing what others think via the gallery and bring that into the mix or at least think about it. Then I gotta dress them and usually have to modernize their look because I like a lot of shows based in other time frames. I'll do that as I rewatch a show. I also put my own twist on it especially if a supporting character is flat or one dimensional.. so I'll make up a backstory where they might have this other made-up trait also.
    Then I might not revisit CAS for a long time other than to clean up townies that get involved with the story or are always in my view for one reason or another.
    So in other words sometimes yes. Sometimes no...
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    BunnyhoppyBunnyhoppy Posts: 78 Member
    So many ideas for sims, so little time to play with them...
  • Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    Sometimes I burn out from all the CAS stuff or it doesn't live up to my expectation that I just end up not playing them as much.
  • Options
    Patch__2008Patch__2008 Posts: 498 Member
    Oh I love just bingeing on CAS. I love going and creating spouses for all the Sims and then making them have kids just so I can play with genetics! But I get so frustrated though because like I'll spend hours trying to perfect them... Get their style right... Match their personality and looks!
    ~Find Me On YouTube: My Channel~IG: katiesadie00~Twitter: katiesadie00~
  • Options
    LunaNovaLunaNova Posts: 1,239 Member
    At the moment yes. I've been on a cc spree recently and i cant stop playing around with all the stuff i downloaded! its terrible XD
    tumblr_ox7j4tmNjd1wqkiw6o1_1280.png
    //Sims Tumblr Here-MoonPhase Simblr//Berry Sims Here- MoonBerry Sims//
    Let me make you a cute forum avatar [Closed right noww!! will re-open closer to cats and dogs!] //
  • Options
    Alysha1988Alysha1988 Posts: 3,452 Member
    I'm the same way sometimes, but with build mode.
  • Options
    reanseihreanseih Posts: 265 Member
    The way I think, Sims is more a creative game than a simulation game. Rather, that's my excuse for not properly playing since I figured out I didn't need to earn money to build a house, way back when I first got Sims 3. Aka, I'm almost always in build mode now.
    青天白日滿地紅 Blue Sky, White Sun, and a Wholly Red Earth
    The Sims 4 Gallery
    The Sims 4 Showcase
  • Options
    I8PIKACHUI8PIKACHU Posts: 572 Member
    Nope. I spend only seconds. I take the default and go. I then play genetics with my sims in the game. I consider CAS as what God gives you.
    soul-glo.gif
    Let your soul shine through.
  • Options
    LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    I am way too impatient for CAS. Plus I already have a story in mind usually, so I can't wait to play. On another note, I don't even remember the last time I made a new sim, because I play rotationally with a lot of households since the beginning of Sims 4
  • Options
    wgu394wgu394 Posts: 45 Member
    I love to fix up my born in game sims with new clothing and makeup. I rarely create new sims from scratch. However; I do like the fact that I am not limited. I love seeing other simmers creations as well.
    "All you need is the plan, the roadmap, and the courage to press on to your destination." Earl Nightingale
  • Options
    plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    Let's be honest, CAS was designed to make people stay in there longer than is needed.

Female Sims can be a drag:

You want to put make-up on her face and you want her to have the same make-up with every outfit.

^ It takes ages to do that manually, when in TS3 you could just select an option to copy it across all outfits.

In TS4, you have to faff-about to pull that off.

Throw more than one female Sim into the mix and you have grief.

Do the math on 8 female Sims.

48 - FORTY EIGHT - manual applications of make-up.

50 - 2.

This is why female children (or younger) should never, ever, be allowed to wear make-up.

Pets too - no make-up on them either.
  • Options
    plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    WRONG PLOPPPO2!!!

IT IS 48 X 4!

ONE HUNDRED AND NINETY TWO - 192.

It is 192 because there are 4 types of make-up.

192!

Manually.
  • Options
    wgu394wgu394 Posts: 45 Member
    plopppo2, you actually pointed out one of the reasons that I dislike spending time in CAS. Makeup should be easier to apply across all types of outfits. Nevertheless, I do it for my sims.
    "All you need is the plan, the roadmap, and the courage to press on to your destination." Earl Nightingale