Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Alright, now I am excited about Parenthood [Now Playing!!! Pg. 2]

CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
I was very interested in this game pack from the start, but now that my plans are starting to take shape, I am fairly excited about playing it.
The plan is to take all my never aging, always single, Young Adult sims and aging them down to toddlers. I will give them parents and raise them to young adults again.

I was inspired by this crew.
TS4_Toddlers_video_v1.jpg

I can now play out my sim's young lives and even give them siblings with lots of new game play.
I have yet to play toddlers, children, or teens, so I am about to really start playing TS4, finally.
TS4_x64%202017-01-13%2001-05-57-57.png

TS4_x64%202017-01-13%2001-07-26-05.png

TS4_x64%202017-01-13%2001-09-15-78.png

I have a lot of sims though, so I am not giving everyone families.
I am bringing in Miss Alma Faye Peregrine to help me out.
05-20-17_10-07-17nbspAM.png

She's going to run a home for peculiar sims.
05-20-17_10-07-56nbspAM.png

My cat sims and Meadow Thayer will live there as toddlers.
My cat sim's backstory is they were illegal genetic experiments created by a mad scientist. They were taken away from him.
05-14-17_12-45-19nbspPM.png

Meadow isn't peculiar like the other sims that will be living there, but my current story is that she is fascinated by cat sims.
Now her new story is she grew up with them in an orphanage.
05-14-17_12-52-34nbspPM.png

Gamma is an alien, so she's in.
10-03-16_3-51-01nbspPM.png

I will also have a vampire and probably a plant sim.
So yeah, it will be a home for peculiar sims.
10-03-16_3-54-11nbspPM.png

I gave up on making the house look like the one from the movie.
I'll just let it evolve into its own thing. I still have lots of work to do.
05-20-17_10-04-06nbspAM.png

I have a week and some days to get this all together.
The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
Post edited by CK213 on

Comments

• Options
    the1975the1975 Posts: 82 Member
    All of that looks awesome! I love love love the Peregrine house/idea.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    the1975 wrote: »
    All of that looks awesome! I love love love the Peregrine house/idea.

My mind keeps jumping from interior design to landscaping as I build. :)
    I'm glad I have the movie to source for ideas.
    05-20-17_2-03-03nbspPM.png

05-20-17_1-35-56nbspPM.png
    Post edited by CK213 on
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    edited May 2017
    I have not seen the movie, but it looks a beautiful house. Do you use cc? There are some external build items I do not recognise.

It's a nice idea to age them down and play them from young. Can't say that the cats would be my kind of thing lol, but I'm sure you are gonna have great fun. And you will get to see if they turn out any different this time around.

Edit: actually, you have given me the idea to do the same thing with my sim who works as a nanny. Maybe she had a not-so-good upbringing when she was little and knew she could raise kids better... I could age her down and play her story from toddler (I started her as a YA).
  • Options
    I have not seen the movie, but it looks a beautiful house. Do you use cc? There are some external build items I do not recognise.

It's a nice idea to age them down and play them from young. Can't say that the cats would be my kind of thing lol, but I'm sure you are gonna have great fun. And you will get to see if they turn out any different this time around.

Edit: actually, you have given me the idea to do the same thing with my sim who works as a nanny. Maybe she had a not-so-good upbringing when she was little and knew she could raise kids better... I could age her down and play her story from toddler (I started her as a YA).

Yeah I do have some CC in there.
    That Art Nouveau window with the brownish bricks framing it was converted from The Sims 2.
    I have quite a few textures converted over from The Sims 2.

There are some CC windows from Peacemaker.
    The Island in Windenburg is a really great location for this scenario.
    I think I am going to be really immersed in this once I start playing.
  • Options
    gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    Amazing photographs and even more amazing ideas you've got there, well done! To be quite honest, I don't have specific plans for the upcoming GP, just some YA couples here and there ready to start a family. I'm working on building their relationships and maximizing their skills until the release date. Too bad that the GP isn't released this week, because I'd have more free time to play it, since my exams begin in about two weeks time. So annoying... I think the new interactions will enrich my play style, so yes, I'd say I'm overly excited!
  • Options
    Amazing photographs and even more amazing ideas you've got there, well done! To be quite honest, I don't have specific plans for the upcoming GP, just some YA couples here and there ready to start a family. I'm working on building their relationships and maximizing their skills until the release date. Too bad that the GP isn't released this week, because I'd have more free time to play it, since my exams begin in about two weeks time. So annoying... I think the new interactions will enrich my play style, so yes, I'd say I'm overly excited!

I initially wished it was this week too, since I am currently on vacation, but now I see I need this time to prepare for it. :)
    I am looking forward to the new interactions as well.

I have moved things further along.
    The Island off Windenburg is a perfect location for this house.
    05-21-17_12-41-29nbspPM.png

The exterior and interior is far enough along to move in Miss Pereguine.
    The landscaping is still a major task to do.
    05-21-17_12-16-34nbspPM.png

The house is by no means close to the house in the movie, but it is inspired enough to give it that feeling.
    05-21-17_12-17-23nbspPM.png

It doesn't have that used feeling though.
    Everything is very new.05-21-17_12-18-06nbspPM.png

I will add more things when I get the game pack.
    A house walk-through beyond the spoiler tag:
    05-21-17_12-18-37nbspPM.png

The house plan just fell together, and it seems similar to that of the movie.
    05-21-17_12-19-28nbspPM.png

Although in the movie, the dining room has some beautiful stained glass doors that open to the sun-room/greenhouse.
    (I just changed it to open to the sun-room as I was typing this.) :p
    05-21-17_12-20-42nbspPM.png

So it's a little more interesting than this now. It should be nice when the plants are grown.
    05-21-17_12-20-13nbspPM.png

Miss Peregrine decided she did not like the toys I placed on the floor.
    She put them away.
    05-21-17_12-21-14nbspPM.png

So lonely.
    05-21-17_12-21-45nbspPM.png

This is the activity room.
    I will wait for the game pack before I decide what to do with it.
    05-21-17_12-22-22nbspPM.png

05-21-17_12-23-47nbspPM.png

Now to work on some cooking skills.
    05-21-17_12-24-04nbspPM.png

I want her to be over this awkwardness before the children start to arrive.
    05-21-17_12-24-46nbspPM.png

She won't have to bother with cooking when the first wave become teens.
    They will be in charge of cooking meals.
    05-21-17_12-25-34nbspPM.png

So this is enough to get started.
    I'll tweak things as I play Miss Peregrine.
    05-21-17_12-26-30nbspPM.png

Miss Peregrine's bedroom is on the west side.
    The toddlers and children will be divided into boys and girls in the two rooms on the east side.
    05-21-17_12-31-27nbspPM.png

The rooms in the attic are for the children who age up into teens.
    I will deal with these rooms later.
    05-21-17_12-36-24nbspPM.png

So, until I get Parenthood she will be gardening, cooking, and talking to herself in the mirror and working on her handiness skill.05-21-17_1-12-01nbspPM.png

And I will get around to turning this jagged, waterfilled hole in the ground into something that looks like a natural pond.
    05-21-17_1-12-33nbspPM.png

05-21-17_1-03-53nbspPM.png

This is a wonderful way to spend time while waiting for Parenthood to arrive.
    I get to get skills started, so she has more time to focus on parenting skills, and I get the house into shape.
    It also feels really lonely in this house on this island. It will feel much better when the children arrive.
  • Options
    Twoeta_BirdTwoeta_Bird Posts: 124 Member
    @CK213 The house looks lovely! I can't wait to see more pictures once the pack arrives!
  • Options
    ernesdoernesdo Posts: 1,476 Member
    I love the idea of having a Peculiar home with Miss Peregrine! I loved the first book, but it's been so long that I haven't picked up the second or third.

Do you have cc for your cat sims when they're little or are you just going to say they don't get their stripes yet?
  • Options
    NyteRoseNyteRose Posts: 1,672 Member
    Aging down my Young Adult sims seems like a good idea- I may have to try this myself :)
    It can't rain all the time- Eric Draven, The Crow
  • Options
    ernesdo wrote: »
    I love the idea of having a Peculiar home with Miss Peregrine! I loved the first book, but it's been so long that I haven't picked up the second or third.

Do you have cc for your cat sims when they're little or are you just going to say they don't get their stripes yet?

:D They don't get their stripes yet.

Their transformation into full fledged cat sims will be gradual.
    Cat eyes as children.
    Cat ears as teens.
    Full cat sims as young adults, unless I find some suitable CC for the younger ages.

I do have a custom trait called the Neko trait.
    I'll give it to them as soon as it is available.

I would really like to make another Neko trait with more depth, but I can't find a decent tutorial for Zebu's Modconstructor.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    NyteRose wrote: »
    Aging down my Young Adult sims seems like a good idea- I may have to try this myself :)

All my TS4 sims are CAS born, so aging them down to toddlers will suddenly allow me to give them a history and back story, or play out their back stories. One of my sims, Olivia, lost her family and wasn't aware of any others until she was hit with a sudden inheritance. So I will play out her story, which means... I will have to kill off her parents.

I was going to put her in the orphanage, but Meadow Thayer will already be there taking up my one spot for a "Normal" sim.
  • Options
    @CK213 The house looks lovely! I can't wait to see more pictures once the pack arrives!

I will update this thread when it does.

While making Miss Peregrine, I was only concerned about her face and simply tossed some vintage clothing on her.
    Well her clothes are a little too vintage, as she was supposed to be dressed for the 1940s.

I updated her, but I don't have much like what she wore in the movie asside from the skirt.
    Vintage glamour was no help, other than the hair.
    05-21-17_7-10-36nbspPM.png

05-21-17_7-11-09nbspPM.png

05-21-17_7-18-51nbspPM.png
  • Options
    taffy550taffy550 Posts: 666 Member
    @CK213 I hope you upload the lot to the gallery. I really liked your Sims 3 builds.
  • Options
    taffy550 wrote: »
    @CK213 I hope you upload the lot to the gallery. I really liked your Sims 3 builds.

I will, but it may be awhile.
    I need the game to finish it.
    And I need to strip it of CC and find TS4 replacements.

The house is far enough along for the game pack's arrival.
    05-22-17_10-57-29nbspAM.png

I am just skilling up Miss Peregrine now, but I also need to start aging down copies of my sims to toddlers in CAS and giving them parents, so they are ready. And since this is a new save, I need to add in all the lots I have edited or created. I still have a lot of work to do. :p
    05-22-17_10-58-55nbspAM.png

05-21-17_9-06-18nbspPM.png

05-21-17_9-08-34nbspPM.png
  • Options
    liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    Have you considered using the decals from Vampires to age up the house?
  • Options
    liliaeth wrote: »
    Have you considered using the decals from Vampires to age up the house?

I like the house new and shiny, but I believe I will keep the orphanage going even after Miss Peregrine passes.
    She doesn't have a time loop to keep her young. ;) I have plenty of content to age it later.
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    Are you making a story thread or posting your updates here?

PS I really want to see that movie.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Simanite wrote: »
    Are you making a story thread or posting your updates here?

PS I really want to see that movie.

I will post updates.
    You never know with me and stories. I used to do this on TS3 Expansion Pack and Stuff pack forums all the time and a story would often come out of it. I haven't felt compelled to do it with TS4 so far, not like I used to anyway.

But I am really feeling stoked for this new Game Pack.
    I feel like the game will finally reach critical mass for me and I can get lost in it now.
    I am actually archiving my TS4 simming moments thread because it's full of me rebooting my sims, never letting them age and have relationships, or start families, aannnnnd it's full of my rants and complaining. So that story thread is....
    The%20End.png
    And I will be starting a new Simming Moments thread and document my game fresh, playing as I normally play a Sims game.

As far as Parenthood goes, it's full steam ahead.
    My first wave of sims are ready to go.
    I can't dump them in all at once because I don't want birthdays happening on the same day. So I am introducing them in waves, and days apart in the waves.

Meadow and Zane will be the first to arrive at Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children.
    Meadow.jpg

Zane is a vampire and Meadow is... Meadow.
    We really need more hairstyles for toddlers.
    Zane.jpg

Melonie, Ling, and Cairo have CAS generated parents and will be living in homes around the various neighborhoods.
    Bloom2.jpg

Chen2.jpg

Firenze2.jpg
    Post edited by CK213 on
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    https://youtu.be/2lfeLagBUME
    I've seen the official trailer and it's wonderful. :)
    This will add a lot of depth to family play. It will be especially noticeable for me because I have been playing these same sims as YAs since about the game's launch. Now I will get to shape them from toddlers and see the difference in their lives.

I am so tempted to give Miss Peregrine a couple of toddlers now, I want to play so badly.
    But I am still holding off until Parenthood arrives.

Actually playing her has been interesting. It's been lonely, but interesting.
    She has burned through nearly all her motherlode money and doesn't have enough money to pay the mortgage.
    Her lights will be cut off in a few hours.

The plants she has now are low value, but she has been resourceful and has taken clippings from some high value plants.
    They won't bear fruit in time to pay the mortgage however.
    05-23-17_5-47-23nbspAM.png

She is scavenging the land for whatever she can find.
    05-23-17_8-50-28nbspAM.png

She has taken up writing children's books, which will be her focus for her writing career, but the first few books pay hardly anything.
    05-23-17_9-35-14nbspAM.png

She was the victim of a vampire attack and she is now getting some revenge.
    05-23-17_11-28-42nbspAM.png

She received some compromising information from the wishing well.
    05-23-17_11-29-19nbspAM.png

Perfect information for a little blackmail.
    05-23-17_11-31-00nbspAM.png

Pay up or else!
    05-23-17_11-31-54nbspAM.png

She could probably sell a few items from home to make up the difference, but I think have her earn the rest even if the lights are cut off.
    I have yet to see that in the game. :)
  • Options
    Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    CK213 wrote: »
    I was very interested in this game pack from the start, but now that my plans are starting to take shape, I am fairly excited about playing it.
    The plan is to take all my never aging, always single, Young Adult sims and aging them down to toddlers. I will give them parents and raise them to young adults again.

I was inspired by this crew.
    TS4_Toddlers_video_v1.jpg

I can now play out my sim's young lives and even give them siblings with lots of new game play.
    I have yet to play toddlers, children, or teens, so I am about to really start playing TS4, finally.
    TS4_x64%202017-01-13%2001-05-57-57.png

TS4_x64%202017-01-13%2001-07-26-05.png

TS4_x64%202017-01-13%2001-09-15-78.png

I have a lot of sims though, so I am not giving everyone families.
    I am bringing in Miss Alma Faye Peregrine to help me out.
    05-20-17_10-07-17nbspAM.png

She's going to run a home for peculiar sims.
    05-20-17_10-07-56nbspAM.png

My cat sims and Meadow Thayer will live there as toddlers.
    My cat sim's backstory is they were illegal genetic experiments created by a mad scientist. They were taken away from him.
    05-14-17_12-45-19nbspPM.png

Meadow isn't peculiar like the other sims that will be living there, but my current story is that she is fascinated by cat sims.
    Now her new story is she grew up with them in an orphanage.
    05-14-17_12-52-34nbspPM.png

Gamma is an alien, so she's in.
    10-03-16_3-51-01nbspPM.png

I will also have a vampire and probably a plant sim.
    So yeah, it will be a home for peculiar sims.
    10-03-16_3-54-11nbspPM.png

I gave up on making the house look like the one from the movie.
    I'll just let it evolve into its own thing. I still have lots of work to do.
    05-20-17_10-04-06nbspAM.png

I have a week and some days to get this all together.

I love that house!
  • Options
    WinterKhirinWinterKhirin Posts: 248 Member
    @CK213 Can I ask where you got the striped skins from? And if Miss Peregrine is available for download?
    Owlenmoon is the house which most values creativity and wisdom. They're intellectual and introspective, and can find poetry in situations that may appear irrelevant to others. They're also good at making things more complicated than what they're supposed to be.

• Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Have you shared the house for download? Your pics are fab!
  • Options
    Have you shared the house for download? Your pics are fab!

Not yet.
    It may be a while. I'm busy playing the game, getting my sim ready for a houseful of children and toddlers.
    Also I need to play test it with a bunch of sims, add in Parenthood content, and strip it of CC and add back in Maxis content.

I have already tried out a version on a 50 x 50 lot in Willow Creek. It's a nice fit.
    I will upload both.
    05-24-17_5-12-13nbspPM.png
  • Options
    gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    The house is amazing! I'll certainly download it when you upload it in the Gallery. Once again, great work!
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    CK213 wrote: »
    ernesdo wrote: »

:D They don't get their stripes yet.

Their transformation into full fledged cat sims will be gradual.
    Cat eyes as children.
    Cat ears as teens.
    Full cat sims as young adults, unless I find some suitable CC for the younger ages.

I do have a custom trait called the Neko trait.
    I'll give it to them as soon as it is available.

I would really like to make another Neko trait with more depth, but I can't find a decent tutorial for Zebu's Modconstructor.

@ernesdo
    I now have my cat sims saved in CAS as toddlers. They are so cute.

I did find some cat CC for toddlers, but I didn't like the ears.
    And since I couldn't find any for children, I won't bother with them anyway.

I did notice the age stage of one as a teen. She actually looks like a teen to me. Some sims show no difference at all, but it seems to work for her. She's thinner and her face seems rounder.
    05-25-17_12-55-25nbspPM.png

The stripes make a difference too, but there does seem to be changes that make her look younger than her YA self.
    08-22-16_6-20-06nbspPM.png

08-22-16_6-24-39nbspPM.png