Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

That moment you feel proud when you build something.

Hey guys, my name is Dayvon and I am a very bad builder. I wouldn't really say I am bad because I choose not to build, but I'd never hope to achieve the level of skill some of you guys have displayed due to my low patience. I have played Sims 3 and now Sims 4 on PC and ignore building. When I was younger and played the console Sims games there was little to no building. If there was there was no upstairs or basements, so the PC was a real game changer. A while back however I really wanted an Ice Cream shop. Not just any Ice Cream shop though, I had a specific idea. So I went with it. After about 20 minutes I realized my shop looked like a hot mess and was ready to give up, but I decided not to and kept going. Eventually I was able to shape it the way I wanted it to look like and decided to add in a family from the gallery to run the shop. With my main family I let the mother take her daughter and her friend to go get Ice Cream after school. So I visited the shop and looked as people ate Ice Cream and socialized. It was so nice and I felt so proud. The reason I do not have a picture is well 1) I haven't been playing for some time and 2) this post isn't particularly about building, but never giving up. Everyone of us deserves that moment of being proud of ourselves and it takes that extra push of motivation to see that. If you guys do however want to see the shop, I have no problem hoping on and snapping some pictures.

Comments

• Options
    orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    congrats! the only build i've ever done is my legacy home. it's not perfect as many of the DL i get from the gallery but i love it and i never gave up building it. i'll have to find a pic tonight after work
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    It's an amazing feeling isn't it?
    My mansion building game is getting better.

Especially when your original design was trash and then you scrap the entire build and do it from scratch.

absolutely that's why I stay off the gallery, I'm way too petty when it comes to stuff like that.

I know I'm a great builder but I don't need Maxis to favorite my creations, nor do I need someone to come along and take my build and redesign it and reupload it and Maxis favorites their version and not the original. That plums me off so much!
    I'm not here for that.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    TheSimsFlixTheSimsFlix Posts: 23 Member
    Ahhhh I love this so much! Well done! I'd love to see it! I used to be the same and I watched so many YouTube videos to try and get better and thing I'm finally getting somewhere now haha!
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,604 Member
    Hello :) Your Ice cream shop sounds so very special <3 I am very glad that it turned out how you wanted it to look like, and that sims are enjoying visiting it. It would be very nice seeing pictues of it :)
  • Options
    NotLoudonWainwrightNotLoudonWainwright Posts: 863 Member
    I know the feeling for sure. I, too, much prefer live mode over building. If I can find what I want on the gallery, I'll gladly take that over building it myself. A few months back I had a specific type of house in mind and I couldn't find it on the gallery. I bit the bullet and spent a couple hours building it myself and I think it turned out great. It's been a lot of fun to live in as well, so that's a big plus.
  • Options
    Dayvon64Dayvon64 Posts: 493 Member
    fccafc4daf219f23b7c6e1e48eff7dc4.png

7738ad9f1e3fd8abccb805c326c7814f.png

This is the building, it's not much, but I like the simplicity. A lot of Simmers, although really talented, like to make very extravagant builds and I sometimes like the simple things. It's called "Coney's Parlor", the owner's last name is Coney. It's a place that allows Sims to buy their own Ice Cream whether it be bowl or cone, or they can pay a little extra and make their own. Once they do they can add whatever toppings and such. It's for Kids-Elders.
  • Options
    SuzanneK72SuzanneK72 Posts: 9 New Member
    I LOVE it!! Great job. So glad you kept at it.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,604 Member
    Coney's Parlor is very nice! :) Very nice exterior of the build. The type of and placement of the windows in the build looks very nice. Sims will enjoy the sunshine coming in through the windows whilst they are buying their ice creams. It looks great that there are front steps up to the front porch. Very nice outdoors sitting areas! Sims will enjoy sitting at the umbrella covered tables eating their ice creams in the outdoors air. Very nice furnishing of the interior. The bar stool counter looks great! Sims will enjoy sitting on the stools eating an ice cream and chatting. The pictures are nice touches on the wall.
    It is a very special ice cream store <3
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    It's cute! Great job, keep building. :)
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.