Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Much Ado About Fangs [COMPLETE 2/24]

Comments

• Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    @cshaner It wasn't confusing! It was just me having a brain fart. (And me and Froots bemoan this together all the time, rofl. "IT'S DIFFERENT NOW, WE SWEAR.")

I wonder if that might be a good discussion question for one of the circles--asking if we could start our stories differently, knowing everything we know now, and what changes we'd make.

@pammiechick I'd post a teaser, but the forums wouldn't let me. ;)

You have NO idea how excited I am!! And I just shot my FIRST NSFW pictures!!!! I can join your club soon... ;)
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    Haids5987Haids5987 Posts: 8,465 Member
    WagonFruit wrote: »
    Also: oh hai Bastet crown thing!
    oDG7V7u.png
    Ahhhhhhhhh, Fruity, I was about to say the same thing!!! :smiley:
    signature2.png?ssl=1&w=450
    **Also known as EmeraldCityTaurus***
  • Options
    cshanercshaner Posts: 2,620 Member
    @WagonFruit @Haids5987 i hate to admit I didn't even catch that!!! But yes hello Bastet crown!!!

@pammiechick woooh NSFW in D&K?? Cannot wait

:drool:
    covensig800x200.jpg?w=676
    SimFluence - Where Sims Influence the Story
    Blood that Binds: A Vampire Coven Challenge Updated 04/22/2017
    Life Under Construction: A Drifter Challenge House 001 Completed 1/29/17 | Orphan Challenge: Harkins Family Completed 11/12/16
    Origin ID: cshaner07
  • Options
    Awww, Lobster. You guys always say that my family dynamics in TR are this and that, but speak for yourself, girl!
    Beginning to end, this chapter was nothing but the importance of family. Seriously! Even Bianca sees it, and she never usually sees past the tip of her alabaster nose. She helped ease Lysander off of the proverbial ledge, in her own Bianca way, and was able to get him to see that yes, it is important for Penny to give Thaddeus a chance if that's what she wants. (The bathroom though--I was cackling when I saw all of the decor and magazines stacked up! She thinks she's so slick! :mrgreen: ) And even Lysander starts to see it! His line: "If I ever have a daughter…” I might have a daughter, I realized. The thought came as a shock—and made me even angrier at our father." Ahhhh! Holy heart twist!!!

Kudos to Penny for standing up for herself and calling out her brother or trying to control her. It's interesting how, as Fruity once pointed out, everybody tries to have some kind of control over Penny except for Byron. And his level of letting her be her is simply adorable! I love that Thad is scared of him now--muah hahahahah! And she's evolving. She's lived most of her life without a tradition family, and now that's she's a grownup, she sees how important it is to have those closest to you in your life--even if those people have hurt you. That's a very mature outlook...I'm almost 10 years older than Penny and I don't always remember it!

Lysander and Thaddeus's interaction at the end was flawless. How many times do our parents see us suffering, but are able to perfectly reassure us because they lived it first? Despite their differences and their strain in their lives in the past, they are able to sort of move past it and try to get along. Things are different now, but there's hope in the darkness. <3

MASTERFUL chapter, my lovely friend! You did so great! What a spectacular follow-up to an equally touching chapter!
  • Options
    @Haids5987 omg duck!!! Even your analysis gave me feeeels!!!!

Seriously.
    Your idea that our girl being so mature for her age because she Has realized that you need family close to you and no they may not be perfect but that's what you get... whew!!!!
    Life Under Construction: A Drifter Challenge House 001 Completed 1/29/17 | Orphan Challenge: Harkins Family Completed 11/12/16
  • Options
    SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    Can I just second everything that everyone is commenting here? Seriously you guys are commenting so fast and leaving me little time to catch up everywhere :joy:
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)
  • Options
    cshaner wrote: »
    @WagonFruit @Haids5987 i hate to admit I didn't even catch that!!! But yes hello Bastet crown!!!

@pammiechick woooh NSFW in D&K?? Cannot wait

:drool:

It's freeing...truly...

Counting the days until THE Byron post! :love:
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    LadyLobsterLadyLobster Posts: 4,133 Member
    Haids5987 wrote: »
    Awww, Lobster. You guys always say that my family dynamics in TR are this and that, but speak for yourself, girl!
    Beginning to end, this chapter was nothing but the importance of family. Seriously! Even Bianca sees it, and she never usually sees past the tip of her alabaster nose. She helped ease Lysander off of the proverbial ledge, in her own Bianca way, and was able to get him to see that yes, it is important for Penny to give Thaddeus a chance if that's what she wants. (The bathroom though--I was cackling when I saw all of the decor and magazines stacked up! She thinks she's so slick! :mrgreen: ) And even Lysander starts to see it! His line: "If I ever have a daughter…” I might have a daughter, I realized. The thought came as a shock—and made me even angrier at our father." Ahhhh! Holy heart twist!!!

Kudos to Penny for standing up for herself and calling out her brother or trying to control her. It's interesting how, as Fruity once pointed out, everybody tries to have some kind of control over Penny except for Byron. And his level of letting her be her is simply adorable! I love that Thad is scared of him now--muah hahahahah! And she's evolving. She's lived most of her life without a tradition family, and now that's she's a grownup, she sees how important it is to have those closest to you in your life--even if those people have hurt you. That's a very mature outlook...I'm almost 10 years older than Penny and I don't always remember it!

Lysander and Thaddeus's interaction at the end was flawless. How many times do our parents see us suffering, but are able to perfectly reassure us because they lived it first? Despite their differences and their strain in their lives in the past, they are able to sort of move past it and try to get along. Things are different now, but there's hope in the darkness. <3

MASTERFUL chapter, my lovely friend! You did so great! What a spectacular follow-up to an equally touching chapter!

Haidsssssssssssssssssssssssssss. Why so nice?! Thank youuuuu. <3<3 I guess I'm as interested in familial relationships as romantic ones, especially if they're weird.
    FAMILY. And yeah, Bianca actually does seem to acknowledge the importance of family for once! Well, she was really lost when her little bro took off on his own, despite her thinking she held everything together. <3

Reconnecting with her father, especially after what he did, was definitely Penny's choice alone--and Bianca made sure Lysander knew that, even if he didn't like it. Man, two control freaks marrying each other...that's going to be fun. ;) Though Lysander does seem to know who wears the tiara in that relationship.

Subtlety is not Bianca's forte, even when wedding planning. <3

I wonder if one of the reasons Penny likes Byron so much is because he kind of just lets her be Penny. He loves her exactly as she is and doesn't try to get her to change anything about herself to suit his idea of her. Even though he liked her hair long, it was just because he liked the idea of there being more of her. She could dye her hair green and he'd think that was the coolest too, LOL.

Penny always thought family was something she didn't really need, but she's finally come to understand how much she craves and needs it. Her meeting with Darius probably colored her interactions with her father too. And Penny is definitely way more mature than I am--I fall on the Bianca end of the spectrum of holding grudges. ;)

Thaddeus has made some big mistakes, but he does care about his children, even if he doesn't quite know how to handle them. I think the family relationships would've been much stronger had Penny and Lysander's mother not died so young. I wouldn't say Thaddeus has the Hates Children trait, but he sure as plum didn't know what to do with them at the time. He's trying to make up for that now.

@pammiechick Can't wait until you join the NSFW club! >:) It's fun for sure. And I don't know if I'd call this THE Byron chapter, but it's certainly A Byron chapter~ B)

@SeaDragonSong Haha, this isn't a competition!! I'm always happy to see you pop into the thread or on WP. The thread does move a bit fast sometimes. <3
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    Now that's an interesting topic for conversation. What would be THE Byron chapter?
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    WitcHazardWitcHazard Posts: 1,209 Member
    It's official I really need to make sure that even if I'm on forced bed rest I get a backup phone to keep up with this story! If I don't I get this pained feeling inside the guilt is getting to me! I won't forsake my beloved Byron again! :'(
  • Options
    Now that's an interesting topic for conversation. What would be THE Byron chapter?

LOL, I'm not sure even I know...yet.

@WitcHazard Oh no, we've missed the WitcHazards and all of their colorful conversations! I hope everything is well with you now. <3 There's no pressure to stay caught up! The story (and Byron) will always be waiting, and your health always comes first!
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    Posting this chapter a bit earlier than I originally intended, for...reasons. ;)

KKD9xtn.png
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Dear dear Lobster...
    Hmmm this mysterious seed that Darius has given to Isla to tend...I cannot help but wonder if that's the same thing from in the Penny dream chest, but Darius was just letting Penny know that it will be there for her when the time comes that she needs ...

Isla is such a romantic voice in this drama. Her heart bleeds all over the page (virtual page...) The fact that she feels for this poor seed, that it was ripped from it's Fae land (and herself in the process for the same reason). Later she bleeds more for Graham's disappointment so obvious with his rejection from Bee. Missing Darius...her worry for him, the dreams nightmares of him...her speculation of the different possible futures...

The snark between Graham and Isla regarding the fertilizer. Hee hee...I loved their interactions.

The costume (well, Graham's anyway)...OMG I may have howled a bit. His critique of her costume...hmmm who would be your Queen Graham? Some raven haired beauty? Yes, I have to agree with Isla here, the waif blonde has to be in the play for the audience to understand.

Your screenshots...divine!!! Absolutely love that fairy copse on stage. Soooo pretty.
    “One more chance, Isla. If I can’t please you next time, you can have me replaced. This is your play, after all, and it will meet your standards.”
    Arrrghhh...his use of her given name. /dies a little I think that was the most powerful to me.

Loved every moment sweet Crustacean.
  • Options
    peatockpeatock Posts: 139 Member
    just popping in to say that i'm bookmarking this - it's another story i definitely want to get caught up on, even if i've been too scrambled to find it before you reached out on WP. ^^ i'm so glad you did, because this looks delightful. :blush: (also PUNS. i'm so excited.)
    0Ims83x.png
    The Velasco Legacy: Generation Six on wordpress & on the forums!
  • Options
    @cshaner I love all of your comments, thank you! And I'm so glad you loved this chapter. Definitely one of my connective tissue chapters for sure, but a fun one to write (and screenshot).
    Ha, you might be onto something with the dream chest...it was easy to take his comments literally, but it was a dream, after all! And Darius is always a bit indirect.

I love your description of Isla so much, especially when she comes off so cold and distant when she's first introduced. She probably thinks of herself as cold, but she's definitely not unfeeling at all, even if she'd like to be. She may be a fae, but she doesn't like to see anyone suffering--even if it's Graham. ;) Fae do care about living things, even if some living things seem more important than others...! But she's also just Isla, not quite fae and not quite human.

I could probably write Isla and Graham snark all day, not gonna lie.

And Isla definitely skews traditional when it comes to theater, LOL, Graham prefers more avant-garde...and raven-haired beauties, of course. Maybe one in particular.

Thank you for the screenshot compliments! I liked putting that little set together. Isla must have spent a while dragging random things around...or maybe cheating a bit.

Graham is trying, in his own Graham way. I think his eyes are opening, little by little.

@peatock Aww, thank you!! No pressure to catch up--I have so many chapters (well, maybe not compared to a long-running legacy...!), and I'm sure you'll be busy getting your own story going in the near future. And the puns are terrible. TERRIBLE. ...But aren't all puns? Thanks for popping in here!

uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    edited April 2017
    Poor Graham!
    Yes, I think Isla should find him a costume that shows off his well-muscled legs better. And Isla is getting in deeper than she realizes -- wanting to muss up his sterile white clothing with something life-giving and messy, getting a little snappish when she rejects the idea of a black wig.

I love the dark woods that dream-Darius is wandering in and also the fairy copse on stage.

And back to poor Graham again. Finding out that the girl you have your eye on is taking advice from the mother who can't stand you has got to be painful. Still, a bit of humbling won't kill him. Looking forward to the moment when he becomes the king who conquer's Isla's heart.

Forgot to mention that I love your teaser photo again. The pirate and the mermaid -- great!
  • Options
    anaitapevaanaitapeva Posts: 917 Member
    This play will do more than tell a story...maybe it is already doing more? ;)
    The costume Graham was wearing...oh my! :D:D:D
  • Options
    WagonFruitWagonFruit Posts: 2,489 Member
    Oh man, bb, this was SUCH a great chapter, I've just been sitting here (now that I've finally escaped incarceration in pancake heaven), and marinating in all the things...so many things; I'm having feels.
    Okay, FIRST OF ALL, this...this is EVERYTHING:
    0m1sSry.png
    Graham you strange and wonderful creature <3 come frolic this way, won't you?

The almost acknowledgement of a touch of jealousy over Bianca was marvelous; everyone hides from themselves a to varying degrees (and maybe especially the characters in this story, lol), and our Isla is no exception...though I'll grant her that it's likely mixed in there with control issues also, but I'm sorry Isla darling, I'm not feeling pity rolling off you in waves.

I love that Graham bought her a thoughtful gift! "Well, she seems to like that bowl of dirt more than anything else; I will buy her something bowl of dirt related!"...though I have to wonder, who was the poor soul that had to roam the streets of San Myshuno collecting doggy doody I wonder? >:)
    Isla's face during the whole dirt conversation was killer, she made me giggle with her lack of impressedness.

OMG...Graham...that costume...I DIE.
    How does Darius make it look so cute and Graham just looks so hilarious? He owns it though; prettiest fairy I've ever seen! (With exceptionally muscular legs)...he makes me think of the guys at a grad kidnapping.
    “It’s the perfect size,” Graham said, childish petulance in his voice.
    I'll bet.
    Ahh...their whole exchange here was PERFECTION.
    “You say ‘lust’ as if it’s a dirty word. Doesn’t this fae king want to bend his future queen over a tree stump and have his way with her?”
    Not as much as I want to bend you over a tree stump and have my way with you Graham (in that dress of course).
    “I consider myself an expert on holes.”
    Seriously, this dialogue killed me (my pancakes got cold from being ignored).

I was thinking about something I read re: acting method, and how an actor will draw themselves into a character and become that character and think and feel everything as that character, so much so that it can permanently effect their lives afterwards...and then I was thinking about Graham's determination here to be the Fairy King that Isla wants him to be, and how that might play out if he lets himself become that character, and how that might not only give him a different perspective on himself, but help him to...not change exactly, or even grow, but shift, maybe? Just a little? Especially if that shift is rewarded in some fashion <3

And then the end with the "wind" tousling her wig as she thinks of Penny...omgggg <3
    There is a puppet master here with grubby little blue paws all over everything ;)
    Also that title card was amazing...I will go back and stare at it for a bit more now! <3
    FzWOQ8X.jpg
  • Options
    @MVWdeZT Poor Graham indeed. >:)
    She'll get right on that new costume for him. Eventually. Probably. And you're right about her getting in deeper than she wanted to...oops!

Thank you! The set I actually made myself, but the nightmare woods I downloaded from the gallery.

Graham definitely didn't like hearing that Isla and his mommy were meeting up without him (and apparently talking about him), but as you said, a bit of humbling won't kill him. Let's see what kind of king he becomes this time!

@anaitapeva It might be doing more already, you're right. ;) Didn't that costume suit Graham perfectly?

@WagonFruit Awwww, I'm so glad you liked it so much! Though pancake heaven doesn't sound like a terrible place to be trapped in. Glad you liked the title card too. <3
    I couldn't wait to use that Graham screenshot. Couldn't. Wait.

Isla has had so little control over her life in so long--a significant part of her savors having control over someone like Graham, even if she can't stand him. (She's like Bianca in that way for sure.) And yes, jealousy could be rearing its ugly head, with maybe a twinge of pity...she'd like to think it's way more pity, though. You know, she goes around kidnapping butlers to save them from vampires and all, and now she's keeping a vampire away from people who don't deserve such suffering. ;)

The fairy costume really does look way better on Darius than Graham. It could be because he's more slender? I don't know, but I couldn't not dress Graham up like that. I mean, Isla had to. I'm sorry about your pancakes, though--I hope the dialogue was worth it. <3<3

~Acting~ is definitely going to have a major impact on Graham and Isla's future interactions. Graham doesn't like knowing that he'd be fulfilling both Isla's and his mother's low expectations of him, so it's a matter of pride too. And maybe more than pride...? Isla keeps him on his toes, and he likes a strong woman.

"Puppet master here with grubby little blue paws all over everything" is right--and he seems so innocent, too...!
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    @peatock Aww, thank you!! No pressure to catch up--I have so many chapters (well, maybe not compared to a long-running legacy...!), and I'm sure you'll be busy getting your own story going in the near future. And the puns are terrible. TERRIBLE. ...But aren't all puns? Thanks for popping in here!

aaha that's so sweet, thank you! <3 tbh i still have some work to finish but i'm hoping that will be done this week so i can catch up with your story without guilt, haha. i really want to - you guys have been so supportive, it's really energizing and i want to support you in return! :) (and trust me, the puns work in the story's favor 100%. i love a good pun. and a bad pun. (and a vlad pun?))
    0Ims83x.png
  • Options
    @peatock A VLAD PUN. See, here you are making vampire puns for me! (Byron has a lot to learn.) And that's one of the things I really fell in love with when I came here--how supportive and welcoming and eager to help people are, so I'm so glad that's been your experience too. And congratulations on your 30th post!! You have enough points by now I think, so you should be a full member if you log out and log back in. You'll be able to post your own thread, links, change your avatar, etc.! As I'm sure you've been looking forward to already. ;)
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    @peatock A VLAD PUN. See, here you are making vampire puns for me! (Byron has a lot to learn.) And that's one of the things I really fell in love with when I came here--how supportive and welcoming and eager to help people are, so I'm so glad that's been your experience too. And congratulations on your 30th post!! You have enough points by now I think, so you should be a full member if you log out and log back in. You'll be able to post your own thread, links, change your avatar, etc.! As I'm sure you've been looking forward to already. ;)

aahaha YES, i have been. (uh oh, was it obvious? i swear i wasn't just chatting to get there!) but i really do appreciate it. ^^ and yeah, that's definitely been my experience - i was super intimidated as a creative person in both my personal and professional life, but you guys are so refreshingly kind. i love when writers/artists treat each other well, it really says good things about a community. :blush:
    0Ims83x.png
  • Options
    SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    Wow, I'm shipping it even more now.
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)
  • Options
    @peatock Hahaha, it wasn't obvious at all! All your chatting sounds very enthusiastic and sincere, I promise! I just know that when I was trying to get out of New Member Purgatory, I couldn't wait. It's understandable why the forums set it up that way, but I wanted nothing more than to get rid of that green plumbob.

The number of posts was actually the hardest part for me--you should see some of my early posting history in which I participated in the Off-Topic game threads... I'll admit it, I was 100% just doing that to bring my post count up. ;) And kindness can definitely be in short supply in creative communities, which is why I found it so refreshing too.

@SeaDragonSong I'm glad!! <3
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    Ahhhhhh this was such a quotable, hilarious chapter! :lol:
    Okay, Graham must be the first one to be acknowledged (As I'm sure he would expect)! The second screen of him posing in his diaper loincloth was PERFECTION. I couldn't tell if he was just trying to be pretty like one of the statues, or if he was just being typical Graham. In any case, my howling was echoing off the living room walls and I was frightening my husband and dogs. AND HIS FAIRY COSTUME!!! OMG. That was too much. I was rolling!

Isla is hard to read, which fits with her mysterious fae personality. I mentioned before that she and Darius have a hard time understanding human emotions, and this chapter definitely drove that point home even more. Isla wants to tell Penny's story, but in so doing it's making it very clear how conflicted she is in her own standing as far as Penny goes, and her in own worries about her brother. We can only pray that her nightmares about Darius are not prophetic and are just manifestations of her own fears!

Also, I'm very intrigued by this plant that she is growing. I'm guessing that it's not something common in the land of humans--could it be a magical fae fruit that helps with a certain "medical ailment?" Hmmmm....

Favorite quotes--and OH man, there were a lot of them! :mrgreen:
    Yet again, I found myself grateful—that he hadn’t presented me with a sack full of dog excrement that had spent hours steaming and collecting flies on the hot city pavement, anyway.

“For all your playing-in-the-dirt needs,” he said grandly.

“I was hoping to see you again,” purred the fae king.
    The fae king of my nightmares.

“You say ‘lust’ as if it’s a dirty word. Doesn’t this fae king want to bend his future queen over a tree stump and have his way with her?”

"Your mother was right about that…I should’ve listened before trying to shove a square peg into a round hole.”
    “I consider myself an expert on holes.”