Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Go through the whole alphabet before somebody posts a cowplant picture

Comments

• Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    edited April 2017
    Might create a problem. Don't tempt me... :p The Sims Store is tempting me to spend 706 Simpoints to be able to generate cowplants. :p
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    Sim_plicitySim_plicity Posts: 98 Member

Must resist to post a cowplant pic
    Origin ID: Sim_plicity1994

• Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    booo here it is :)
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    @Sim_plicity ... No... you must...post a cowplant pic.... AAAARGH!!!!

And here we go again...
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    edited April 2017
    Be careful I am working on growing cowplants now
    I just need to complete the final stage
    Post edited by ForgottenPixels on
  • Options
    MissSassyMissSassy Posts: 9,731 Member
    Sonschi wrote: »
    Queue (is this even correct) until we reach Y :joy:

Well, I think it's correct but I'm not sure either. I do hate writing that word though and avoid it like the plague :joy:

I think it's the British English word ^^ As far as I know the American English one is line up. WAY easier :)

Cowplants. Do we need them? Yes, of course! Do you want them? I don't care :p
  • Options
    PancakesandwichPancakesandwich Posts: 2,038 Member
    Do you know if cowplants are considered to be plants or animals?
    Queue (is this even correct) until we reach Y :joy:

Well, I think it's correct but I'm not sure either. I do hate writing that word though and avoid it like the plague :joy:

I think it's the British English word ^^ As far as I know the American English one is line up. WAY easier :)

Oh god why must British English be so annoying sometimes!? I'm genuinely trying to use British instead of American whenever I can, but cases like this make it nearly impossible :joy:

And even worse: This word monster called "Queue" is pronounced exactly like the letter Q alone. Why even add ANY vowels to it? Who invented this thing!? :D
    *looks that question up on Google*
    *realises it's from the French word for tail*
    With all those useless and unpronounced letters, I should've known it was French :joy:
  • Options
    Eh, yes, useless letters that are NEVER pronounced sounds a lot like French ^^ And there was a whole period where the elite in England spoke French. Can't remember when though... That's why there are too so many words originating from French in English.
    I prefer American English but as a soon to be teacher I will have to change to British English as ALL books prefer it. Imo American English is easier, e.g. chips are chips and NOT crisps...

BTW, is the British name for the Cookie Monster Biscuit Monster? :joy: This question just popped up in my head... @Pancakesandwich

• Options
    edited April 2017
    F... still not sure how to start a sentence with that :D
    I prefer American English but as a soon to be teacher I will have to change to British English as ALL books prefer it. Imo American English is easier, e.g. chips are chips and NOT crisps...
    Oh, congratulations for that! :)
    And whenever I'm trying to pronounce "crisps" but don't pay attention I say something, but certainly not "crisps".
    BTW, is the British name for the Cookie Monster Biscuit Monster? :joy: This question just popped up in my head... @Pancakesandwich
    Not exactly, but Biscuit Monster is apparently Cookie Monster's British cousin :joy: (http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Biscuit_Monster)

But I still prefer my German Krümelmonster (crumble monster) over everything else. Just sounds so... adorable. I'd expect a Krümelmonster to walk around with crumbles falling from his mouth all the time. While cookie/biscuit monster sounds like someone who scares people, then steals their biscuits :D
  • Options
    Gotta be careful, I have complant pics now, although you are lucky because I'm on my phone and don't have the pictures, so you are safe for now.
    To contribute to the side conversations for some reason I always spell it like que instead of queue. which makes sense really but apparently it's wrong. Does that mean it's pronounced Q-eww-eww

I've always called the cookie monster the cookie monster cause I thought he only ate choc chip cookies.:)
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Hybrid - I'm sure they could be considered a hybrid, and considering that they physically move (I'm not referring to locations here) a lot they would probably be more animal than plant however they are rooted in one spot.

Side convo: I've always had problems spelling queue. It has way too many u's for my liking. And why should you have to double up on the "ue". Isn't that excessive use of letters? Maybe a linguist can shed some light on the etymology of this word?
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    @Bugsie2016 I'd say Queue is pronounced exactly like the letter Q alone. In German pronunciation it would probably be "Kju" or "Kyu" (again, like the English Q).

The weird thing though: In French, where this word comes from, it would be pronounced "Kö" (I don't know how to turn that into something an English person could pronounce...), because a "Qu" is "K" there ('cause in French and German too, Q and U always belong together), and "eue" is said like the German ö. And yes, French pronunciation is weird sometimes. See the word "eau" (water). You literally say "O" there, so it's one of the few letters you DON'T write :joy:

Now that the Qeue Queue-issue is apparently the main convo, I'm gonna make a new side convo: Does anyone else here know Doctor Who?
  • Options
    Just need to upload that cowplant pic

Side Convo: Yes, i was just watching the latest episode
  • Options
    Erica87Erica87 Posts: 743 Member
    edited April 2017
    I'm confused, which letter are we at now?
    CURRENTLY PLAYING: Forum mafias & Minecraft, mainly.
    Taking a break from the sims for a while!
  • Options
    Minx11Minx11 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Just To Say, I'm Sorry About Being To Finally Figure Out How To Post Pictures!
  • Options
    Crafty_Crafty_ Posts: 3,381 Member
    K...not really sure why we're posting sentences and not just letters...
    oh
  • Options
    JDSimzJDSimz Posts: 791 Member
    Lolololololololololololol!!!!
    Origin ID: ducklansimming
    "I am ready to face any challenge that might be foolish enough to face me."
    tenor.gif?itemid=9963762
  • Options
    TheRoseHorseTheRoseHorse Posts: 7,300 Member
    mmmmm
    Even the Most Beautiful Rose has been through the Dirt
  • Options
    VerionaVeriona Posts: 505 Member
    Nice one :)
  • Options

Only need to post the cowpic, be prepared for it.
  • Options
    Thumbnail_300x300.png

BWA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    Aaaand starting again.
  • Options
    But I was gonna post the cowplant.
  • Options
    Can you imagine what it would be like when two simmers ninja-posted a cowplant picture? :open_mouth:

@Pancakesandwich All monsters are cute :p At least the once from Sesame Street.

@Nikkei_Simmer We've already found out that the word's origin is French. That explains the huge amount of excessive letters that are not pronounced at ALL :joy:

@CraftyKat Well, we do post the letters but it's more fun to add a little conversation to the letters ;)
  • Options
    Crafty_Crafty_ Posts: 3,381 Member
    D

Idk...
    oh