Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Vacation Destinations

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I'm also interested in more vacation destinations. I actually do like Granite Falls but I'd prefer to have more options for vacationing sims. Some of my sims really like camping but it is weird that it's the only vacation choice right now.

I agree about the tropical and mountainous destinations. I might be up for an amusement park or some other kinds of travel. I've mentioned a safari as an idea before. It definitely makes sense to have the ability to go to a resort/beach. Windenburg and San Myshuno already have some elements of tourism. It would be great to have more cultural sites to explore.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    LilyCrossLilyCross Posts: 10 New Member
    Tropical island, masquerade in Venice and travel tour in London!
  • Options
    ShadowmarkedShadowmarked Posts: 1,054 Member
    LilyCross wrote: »
    I support the idea about a vacation in the tropics! And yet, it would be nice to go to a costume party in fabulous Venice!

Doing vacation packs focused more on the cultural expirence when travleing in general would be sweet. Although they might be covering that with there worlds (Windinburge is northern European, San Myshuno feels a bit like a big city like Tokyo or New York) so I could see them doing a southern European world that people can live in or throw a dance party if they choose.
    I think that mostly because I don't know if they would find enough content to fill a game pack and there are so many places and cultures to cover if they do go into specific activities.
    That being said if they do focused packs on one destination with a certain cultural feel I would buy it. (tbh though I would probably buy any vacation pack that came out :) )
  • Options
    LilyCrossLilyCross Posts: 10 New Member
    In Sims 2 there were 3 locations for vacation in the Tropics, Japan and Germany. In Sims 3 there were 3 locations for vacation - Paris, China and Egypt. Because many users believe that the Sims 4 should also have 3 separate locations for a vacation and I suggest Venice, London and an alien city! :)
  • Options
    mebagl15mebagl15 Posts: 563 Member
    I like the idea of an Alien City/World. Expand on the planet Sixam idea. Then I would probably play aliens in my game more often.
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    Definitely time for more destinations. Tropical paradise, theme park, winter games, and something along the line of World Adventures from TS3 would be my dream destinations.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    blossombombsblossombombs Posts: 92 Member
    I would love a tropical vacation world! My sims would be going away on vacation to GET AWAY from everybody else, so I wouldn't want to see the Goth's or Landgrabs following me. They are everywhere my sims go :sweat:

New EP: Sims 4 Get Away From Me

lol but yeah, I agree. I like Granite Falls, camping is really fun, the cabins I've built and downloaded are always enjoyable and aesthetically pleasing... but I'd love to see a tropical getaway where you mostly encounter sims you've not met.

I'd love for hotels to be introduced so much. If you could build hotels and possibly manage them (or give teens part time jobs there?) that'd be fantastic. Also hotel ratings (like restaurant ratings) and different facilities depending on how expensive they are, like infinity pools and things.
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    I would love a tropical vacation world! My sims would be going away on vacation to GET AWAY from everybody else, so I wouldn't want to see the Goth's or Landgrabs following me. They are everywhere my sims go :sweat:

New EP: Sims 4 Get Away From Me

lol but yeah, I agree. I like Granite Falls, camping is really fun, the cabins I've built and downloaded are always enjoyable and aesthetically pleasing... but I'd love to see a tropical getaway where you mostly encounter sims you've not met.

I'd love for hotels to be introduced so much. If you could build hotels and possibly manage them (or give teens part time jobs there?) that'd be fantastic. Also hotel ratings (like restaurant ratings) and different facilities depending on how expensive they are, like infinity pools and things.

LOL , great name!
    I love your description of a hotel. I love the resorts and vacation spots in the previous series. My sims are waiting for another getaway spot :D
  • Options
    Sliver22Sliver22 Posts: 47 Member
    I honestly don't understand how we've gone more than 2 years without them adding a new vacation spot. Has the idea of vacations just been canned at this point?
  • Options
    Superkam64Superkam64 Posts: 209 Member
    I'd absolutely love a Vacation or Bon Voyage type of EP. Going on Vacation was one of my favorite things to do in older games and I love going to Granite Falls. I really hope they expand on vacations and especially add Bon Voyage type of hotels. Hopefully they do something like if you own dine out then the hotel will have a restaurant in it like with Nitelife and Bon Voyage.
  • Options
    destine2growdestine2grow Posts: 14 New Member
    I want to see more vacation destinations as well. I would love to see skiing, tropical beach, mountains, amusement parks. I also love seeing the sims book their vacation.
  • Options
    ohmyohmyohmyohmy Posts: 614 Member
    edited April 2017
    I would love the next vacation spot to be like this from sims 1:

tumblr_ooktpqRIy31w97z31o1_540.jpg

• Options
    RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    Oh I agree a tropical vacation resort with lake swimming or ocean swimming and volleyball and maybe a winter retreat with mountains and snow hello sims and vacation
  • Options
    AdanethAdaneth Posts: 45 Member
    I support the idea about a vacation in the tropics! And yet, it would be nice to go to a costume party in fabulous Venice!
    Exactly my thoughts! While something like a relaxing tropical vacation would be really nice, my image from vacation is experiencing different cultures, getting excited about learning about them and such!
    I'd love to see Venice, so the Sims can go an a romantic gondola ride and enjoy carnival, which is enjoyable by all family members! And I just want to see fantastic costumes added, haha.
    Other than that, I would buy a asian themed travelling pack immediately! It could feature a small Chinese or Japanese village, maybe add elements from both cultures. In CL, too, the Japanese inspired stuff was just that: inspired by Japanese and not actually representing it faithfully. And that's okay; the Sims have their own world;)
    But that's just something I would love to have in the Sims.

BeJaWa wrote: »

Doing vacation packs focused more on the cultural expirence when travleing in general would be sweet. Although they might be covering that with there worlds (Windinburge is northern European, San Myshuno feels a bit like a big city like Tokyo or New York) so I could see them doing a southern European world that people can live in or throw a dance party if they choose.
    I think that mostly because I don't know if they would find enough content to fill a game pack and there are so many places and cultures to cover if they do go into specific activities.
    That being said if they do focused packs on one destination with a certain cultural feel I would buy it. (tbh though I would probably buy any vacation pack that came out :) )
    Yes, I think you're right, that they are trying to do that with the worlds. (I would love more of that, too. More diversity!)
    Not sure though, if I understand you correctly on the game pack part, cause I think there would be quite a lot possbile content to fill a game pack or even several, especially with those many cultures to choose from. Sorry, sorry, if I didn't get what you meant exactly^^'

combing the beach for seashells (new collectible)
    Ooh, I'd like that!
  • Options
    kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    geoffreypa wrote: »
    If Granite Falls is any indication of what vacation destinations are going to be like I dont want any. Went on vacation once found nothing to do but go home.

It was also their first GP.
    Compare it to Vampires, and it's like night and day.
    wJbomAo.png
  • Options
    GlindePopGlindePop Posts: 134 Member
    Why dont they give us an Italian riviera inspired world like the one in their concept art already? I have wanted something like these for the longest time:

http://www.10thingstodoandsee.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/10-things-to-do-and-see-in-the-Cinque-Terre.jpg

http://blog.jollytur.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/fotograf-1-2.jpg
  • Options
    SimseySimsey Posts: 11 New Member
    Whatever destinations they add, I hope they have the same gameplay options as the places in The Sims 3. I liked that exploring the tombs and getting quests from locals gave me more of a goal to accomplish than in the main part of the game. I think they did a good job creating a vacation where you can just do typical vacation things or go really in-depth with the exploring aspect so you could play however you wanted. I also liked that you could expand on hobbies like fishing and gardening by doing those things in the new location.