Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why do I mention The Sims 5 alot? *Explained*

Comments

• Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    aricarai wrote: »
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Considering what a sims game is and considering all installments, I think TS5 or simply TS if they decide to go SimCity route name wise and forget numbers on the fifth installment, I think it should be a mix of TS2 and TS3. TS4 strays away too much from what a sims game is; they need to actually get back on track with the fifth one. Also, considering it would be a game releasing in around late 2018 I'd expect it to look and feel as such, I don't want an ultra realistic looking sims game, but I also wouldn't want a rinse and repeat of TS4's overly cartoonish style, perhaps a bit realistic just not too much; I also wouldn't want the ultra kid friendly theme/feel TS4 has going on for it (angry poop) and I'd like them to go open world with it, don't really care if travelling through worlds like in TS4 is compromised. But honestly I don't think they should make a TS5 if they aren't going to put enough effort in it and if they aren't going to make it feel and look like an improvement. It would just be a waste of time and an insult for the fans (as if TS4 launching without pools and toddlers etc wasn't already one).

Though...I hardly think it'll happen.

In what way does the sims 4 stray away from a sims game? If anything sims 3 strayed from the original bones of the sims. Can you give an example? Because... Anyway, I love sims 4's art style a lot more than sims 3's style. I cant even call sims 3 an art style , because there is no personality to the visuals.

TS3? Nice joke but TS4 is the one that features (time limited) online connected events not TS3, TS4 is the only game to feature worlds with extensive backdrops and unchangeable lots, TS4 is the only game that doesn't feature terraforming, TS4 is the only game in which the EP's don't feature lifestates (one exception only), TS4 is the only game to feature extensive repeat useless interactions on the pie menu (joke about politicians, joke about vampires, joke about aliens, tell a knock knock joke, tell a dirty joke, tell a nsw joke) which all have the same animation, TS4 is the only game in which parties have goals and medals, TS4 is the only game that features child looking giant, microscopes, telescopes, dollhouses, teddy bears, cupcake factories and rocket ships, and so on...

But anyway, that's not the point of the thread @BrownGamerGurl1 .

Im not joking with you. TS4 is also the only game that allows you to share or download a lot from the gallery , in game. Sharing and downloading things in sims 3 was really laborious. Ts4 is also the only game with toddlers who have dimension and persona. You can not tell me that ts3 did that better. Ts4 toddlers are more life-like and learn skills at different levels. They are much better and more realistic than ts3. The sims 4 is the only game that has amazing Vampires. Or clubs that help bring sims together for social activities. Parties are much more vibrant and sims actually act like party guests when you invite them.None of that standing around and being isolated from the sims 3. Socializing has improved greatly. The goals that you are nitpicking at, are optional and for some players, it helps to have a goal , and makes the party more fun and lively to accomplish certain socials with guests. And its totally optional.The sims 4 has many great details, actually and is definitely a more dynamic experience than ts3.

What I dont understand, is what drives people who hate ts4, to come to the ts4 forum to bash the game. When people criticize ts3, in that section , they are told to go away or that they are looking for trouble

@BrownGamerGurl1 - everything you mention (in your eyes and others) is progression which is FABULOUS! TS4 and any iteration thereafter should progress on what came before it.

I haven't seen any bashing at all. @Sigzy05 is stating facts and opinions. How is that bashing? How is someone's opinion or criticism bashing a game.

I think there are very view that hate this game...I think they just want it to get better! Why would someone bash TS3 or TS2 or TS1? Those games are over and done with. Any criticism of those games fall on deaf ears, because they won't change. However, constructive criticism can be good for improvement. Just because someone criticises, doesn't mean they are bashing or don't want improvement!

I have seen bashing. Bashing is also subjective. It's pretty easy to tell who genuine input from bashing.Because anyone claiming that TS4 didn't make any progress from the previous version, is not being honest or doesnt know what features ts4 has.

I never made any claim regarding progress, I only said it was a deviation from the series.

I see The Sims 4 as something of a return to form for the series, and consider The Sims 3 to be the deviation.

Quite possibly true as TS3 focuses a lot on the environment...at least that's how I use it!

It is as I said before, TS3 is 'not just about your Sims but also about the world around them and how they interact with that world'
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    AyradyssAyradyss Posts: 911 Member
    What I dont understand, is what drives people who hate ts4, to come to the ts4 forum to bash the game. When people criticize ts3, in that section , they are told to go away or that they are looking for trouble

Well, it's generally not good to 'bash' anything, but there is an actual point to discussing the aspects of a -current- game that is still essentially in production and receiving active patches, to describe things you like, don't like, and the things you would like to see improved. Granted, not all posts are constructive, but some are.

It's a good thing to share constructive criticisms, if the game is still being worked on and changes can and will be made. TS3, however, has already reached the end of its production lifetime. That means there's very little constructive use for complaints about TS3 (and older) games, save in comparative discussions when talking about how you'd like to see things work in the current/future games.
    Pay for product -- not potential!
  • Options
    Katybug273Katybug273 Posts: 446 Member
    edited April 2017
    I hope if there's a 5 they find a balance.
    Sims 3 had so much at the end that I redownloaded everything earlier this year on my laptop and played while down with some health issues. I found it to be fun BUT exactly as I remembered toward the end of it's development - busy, chaotic. Your sim has so many things going on with long term goals, short term goals, university, work, raising animals, breeding animals...they never get a minute's peace and you want to cheat sleep them so they can squeeze an extra festival in. I love having a lot of things to do, it makes the game play go by but it can be overwhelming too sometimes. Should they go to school and finish that extra term? No the horses....off to the races! Oh no their toddler just played in the street and graduated to childhood unpotty trained. And another pop up just appeared for a winter festival that their girlfriend expects an invite to, just be careful of the fairy and witches! Whatever you do, don't buy a washing machine & put that kinda daily pressure on your life & keep an eye on that garden because it's gone bone dry.

Sims 4 by contrast is a walk in the park. A casual stroll. The diverse break from humans, is starting to arrive in form of vampires and plant sims but it's been lacking a long time here when you look at the many species possibilities in 3. I found even the rewards for short term goals at times more tantalizing in 3 so I'm not always stressed to build their goals in 4. Their life goals are so easy to achieve they can easily go through 2-4 achievements in a lifetime. But sometimes that walk in the park is too much meandering. My sims want some of that pressure to succeed back. A few courses in medicine (maybe some online courses to help them with promotions?), a place to watch the races & participate, more choices for vacation. They just don't want that pressure that says they have to do it ALL like they did before.

One was a challenge, one is overly simplified.

And I do LIKE both games on their own. I don't want to give feel I don't like 4, I do and I recognize the evolution. I'm okay with not getting the exact same expansions spit out as we've always had & having new/different things added. In fact I love that. I don't want to see just rehashed content. I love the evolution of toddlers!!!! I know it's not a new idea but they really did something great with the concept this time around.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited April 2017
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    Considering what a sims game is and considering all installments, I think TS5 or simply TS if they decide to go SimCity route name wise and forget numbers on the fifth installment, I think it should be a mix of TS2 and TS3. TS4 strays away too much from what a sims game is; they need to actually get back on track with the fifth one. Also, considering it would be a game releasing in around late 2018 I'd expect it to look and feel as such, I don't want an ultra realistic looking sims game, but I also wouldn't want a rinse and repeat of TS4's overly cartoonish style, perhaps a bit realistic just not too much; I also wouldn't want the ultra kid friendly theme/feel TS4 has going on for it (angry poop) and I'd like them to go open world with it, don't really care if travelling through worlds like in TS4 is compromised. But honestly I don't think they should make a TS5 if they aren't going to put enough effort in it and if they aren't going to make it feel and look like an improvement. It would just be a waste of time and an insult for the fans (as if TS4 launching without pools and toddlers etc wasn't already one).

Though...I hardly think it'll happen.

In what way does the sims 4 stray away from a sims game? If anything sims 3 strayed from the original bones of the sims. Can you give an example? Because... Anyway, I love sims 4's art style a lot more than sims 3's style. I cant even call sims 3 an art style , because there is no personality to the visuals.

TS3? Nice joke but TS4 is the one that features (time limited) online connected events not TS3, TS4 is the only game to feature worlds with extensive backdrops and unchangeable lots, TS4 is the only game that doesn't feature terraforming, TS4 is the only game in which the EP's don't feature lifestates (one exception only), TS4 is the only game to feature extensive repeat useless interactions on the pie menu (joke about politicians, joke about vampires, joke about aliens, tell a knock knock joke, tell a dirty joke, tell a nsw joke) which all have the same animation, TS4 is the only game in which parties have goals and medals, TS4 is the only game that features child looking giant, microscopes, telescopes, dollhouses, teddy bears, cupcake factories and rocket ships, and so on...

But anyway, that's not the point of the thread @BrownGamerGurl1 .

Im not joking with you. TS4 is also the only game that allows you to share or download a lot from the gallery , in game. Sharing and downloading things in sims 3 was really laborious. Ts4 is also the only game with toddlers who have dimension and persona. You can not tell me that ts3 did that better. Ts4 toddlers are more life-like and learn skills at different levels. They are much better and more realistic than ts3. The sims 4 is the only game that has amazing Vampires. Or clubs that help bring sims together for social activities. Parties are much more vibrant and sims actually act like party guests when you invite them.None of that standing around and being isolated from the sims 3. Socializing has improved greatly. The goals that you are nitpicking at, are optional and for some players, it helps to have a goal , and makes the party more fun and lively to accomplish certain socials with guests. And its totally optional.The sims 4 has many great details, actually and is definitely a more dynamic experience than ts3.

@BrownGamerGurl1 - everything you mention (in your eyes and others) is progression which is FABULOUS! TS4 and any iteration thereafter should progress on what came before it.

I haven't seen any bashing at all. @Sigzy05 is stating facts and opinions. How is that bashing? How is someone's opinion or criticism bashing a game.

I think there are very view that hate this game...I think they just want it to get better! Why would someone bash TS3 or TS2 or TS1? Those games are over and done with. Any criticism of those games fall on deaf ears, because they won't change. However, constructive criticism can be good for improvement. Just because someone criticises, doesn't mean they are bashing or don't want improvement!

I have seen bashing. Bashing is also subjective. It's pretty easy to tell who genuine input from bashing.Because anyone claiming that TS4 didn't make any progress from the previous version, is not being honest or doesnt know what features ts4 has.

I never made any claim regarding progress, I only said it was a deviation from the series.

I see The Sims 4 as something of a return to form for the series, and consider The Sims 3 to be the deviation.

Quite possibly true as TS3 focuses a lot on the environment...at least that's how I use it!

Imo in a lot of instances TS4 would rather put focus on objects than the sim or the activity itself, and having the player worry about which and what moodlet changes x emotion because of x task pulls focus out from the sim and what he wants or not to do lowering the enrichment of the character. That's one of the reasons I'm not too keen on TS4.

One of the things I hope doesn't go from 4 to 5 would be the emotion system and how it works, while I find the concept interesting changing emotions like one changes shirts isn't so good.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    BrownGamerGurl1BrownGamerGurl1 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Ayradyss wrote: »

Well, it's generally not good to 'bash' anything, but there is an actual point to discussing the aspects of a -current- game that is still essentially in production and receiving active patches, to describe things you like, don't like, and the things you would like to see improved. Granted, not all posts are constructive, but some are.

It's a good thing to share constructive criticisms, if the game is still being worked on and changes can and will be made. TS3, however, has already reached the end of its production lifetime. That means there's very little constructive use for complaints about TS3 (and older) games, save in comparative discussions when talking about how you'd like to see things work in the current/future games.

Im not about to keeping going word for word, because at the end of the day, there are hardcore anti sims 4 people,and you really cant convince them this game has great things to offer.But , if you are essentially saying that this game is "flawed" no matter what , thats not constructive. Bashing the art style, for example, is not constructive. The art style is set in stone, and while some might not prefer it, its not changing. The art style is not a constructive or helpful criticism.
  • Options
    aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member

Im not about to keeping going word for word, because at the end of the day, there are hardcore anti sims 4 people,and you really cant convince them this game has great things to offer.But , if you are essentially saying that this game is "flawed" no matter what , thats not constructive. Bashing the art style, for example, is not constructive. The art style is set in stone, and while some might not prefer it, its not changing. The art style is not a constructive or helpful criticism.

@BrownGamerGurl1 - the point of this thread was to discuss the potential of TS5; I think you're missing that and keep dragging in other things that you've seen around the forum.

Who in this thread has bashed the art style? Honestly?! And it can be helpful criticism, since we're meant to be discussing TS5.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    @Katybug273 There's no reason to make your sim do all at once. That's why I love to play generational. I've always chosen a few life goals for my sims and stick to that. Their kids will do other things. That way there never is any chaos. I also disable aging quite often, when I feel like it.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    @king_of_simcity7 I see how you said that you don't want TS4 to end because it would be unfair to other player saying that you haven't played TS4 to judge if its good or not the demo doesn't count because it doesn't do it justice. So how do you even judge a game fairly if you have no idea what its like past the demo?

There's videos, there's reviews, there's forums!

It's easy to make up an opinion with all of the information out there and why waste the money if you know that things you enjoyed from previous iterations isn't there and isn't coming back.

I don't get your argument.
    Ok so you are telling me that you can tell if a game is good or not over videos? I would think you would need to play the game and all the stuff with it to judge it yourself but that is just me. I don't judge games off other peoples reviews and gameplays sorry.

Definitely - that's what I'm saying.

If, for example, you don't like the art style, if you don't like that Open World is gone, if you don't like that CASt is missing, if you don't like loading screens, if toddlers are missing (yes, I know they're back now!), why in the world should you spend your hard-earned money just to try to make yourself like something or so that people will see your opinion as valid?

I really think if you're going to compare iterations, especially against one that isn't complete, it needs to be base game to base game. The trial was base game, was it not? If it leaves a bad impression on you, why do you have to buy it in hopes that it gets better?
    I have the game so what are you talking about but you certainly can start judging the game off a demo or the forums or anyone that reviews the game on YouTube because you aren't playing so saying that you can get a clear picture to judge a game from those is garbage.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    BrownGamerGurl1BrownGamerGurl1 Posts: 1,136 Member

@BrownGamerGurl1 - the point of this thread was to discuss the potential of TS5; I think you're missing that and keep dragging in other things that you've seen around the forum.

Who in this thread has bashed the art style? Honestly?! And it can be helpful criticism, since we're meant to be discussing TS5.

There's criticism of the art style in this thread. You would have to go back and find it. It's there.And thats seriously not a valid criticism, because art is subjective.The "cartoony" look is really a positive for me and im sure, others. Although this thread may have been started to discuss ts5, it is now about bashing ts4, imo.

This is the sims 4 forum, so ts5 discussion is kind of weird.
  • Options

There's criticism of the art style in this thread. You would have to go back and find it. It's there.And thats seriously not a valid criticism, because art is subjective.The "cartoony" look is really a positive for me and im sure, others. Although this thread may have been started to discuss ts5, it is now about bashing ts4, imo.

This is the sims 4 forum, so ts5 discussion is kind of weird.

Still not seeing the TS4 bashing in here and I really don't remember criticism of the art style, but I'll have a looksee!
  • Options
    @king_of_simcity7 I see how you said that you don't want TS4 to end because it would be unfair to other player saying that you haven't played TS4 to judge if its good or not the demo doesn't count because it doesn't do it justice. So how do you even judge a game fairly if you have no idea what its like past the demo?

It's easy to make up an opinion with all of the information out there and why waste the money if you know that things you enjoyed from previous iterations isn't there and isn't coming back.

Ok so you are telling me that you can tell if a game is good or not over videos? I would think you would need to play the game and all the stuff with it to judge it yourself but that is just me. I don't judge games off other peoples reviews and gameplays sorry.

If, for example, you don't like the art style, if you don't like that Open World is gone, if you don't like that CASt is missing, if you don't like loading screens, if toddlers are missing (yes, I know they're back now!), why in the world should you spend your hard-earned money just to try to make yourself like something or so that people will see your opinion as valid?

I really think if you're going to compare iterations, especially against one that isn't complete, it needs to be base game to base game. The trial was base game, was it not? If it leaves a bad impression on you, why do you have to buy it in hopes that it gets better?
    I have the game so what are you talking about but you certainly can start judging the game off a demo or the forums or anyone that reviews the game on YouTube because you aren't playing so saying that you can get a clear picture to judge a game from those is garbage.

Just a little confused because I clearly explained how someone can, they have, and their opinions are still valid.
  • Options
    PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    edited April 2017
    I think TS4 will have a longer run than 5 years. Especially given the pace of content and the fact that the fully-fleshed out "base" game essentially came out 2 years after launch.

Also because it's designed to handle more content on slower PCs, and the lack of open world and other design choices make it so the game will continue to run more smoothly with future expansions. I have hardly seen any slowdown with the 3 EPs, all GPs and several SPs. In fact on my computer, things load faster than Sims 2, which surprises me.

I am not looking forward to TS5 because TS4 is just starting to blossom and I'm one of those who is actually happy with most of the design choices of the game.

So about TS5--I can't even think that far ahead. TS5 is too nebulous to me. I'm happy with what's on the immediate horizon.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,922 Member
    edited April 2017
    Pegasys wrote: »
    I think TS4 will have a longer run than 5 years. Especially given the pace of content and the fact that the fully-fleshed out "base" game essentially came out 2 years after launch.

Also because it's designed to handle more content on slower PCs, and the lack of open world and other design choices make it so the game will continue to run more smoothly with future expansions. I have hardly seen any slowdown with the 3 EPs, all GPs and several SPs. In fact on my computer, things load faster than Sims 2, which surprises me.

I am not looking forward to TS5 because TS4 is just starting to blossom and I'm one of those who is actually happy with most of the design choices of the game.

So about TS5--I can't even think that far ahead. TS5 is too nebulous to me. I'm happy with what's on the immediate horizon.

Me too. Maybe Sims4 will be like Windows 10, constantly revised but no new iteration. What a horrible word by the way. >:)
  • Options
    I find it really interesting how it's been said that this has turned into a TS4 bashing session. I don't see it - I see disagreeing and agreeing and discussions. But not bashing.

The first negative comment that I see is in response to something on the first page that isn't even remotely negative in the slightest. The response is just putting words in others' mouths and lots of speculation.

Saying things you don't like about TS4, saying things that you don't want to return from previous iterations...these things aren't bashing.

I think people need to not take things to heart and get their backs up so easily.

Keep calm; have a :cookie:
  • Options
    HeatherNickelHeatherNickel Posts: 41 Member
    I'm nowhere near ready for a TS5. I know I may be in a minority here, but I love TS4 and I think there's still a lot that can be done with it. I loved the previous iterations as well, but for me they were so glitchy and buggy that I'd stop playing. I do still have some small glitches with TS4, but they disappear with a simple reloading of the game. I love that I can actually sit down and play without being ticked the whole time. Lol! I'd have to give TS5 some more thought.
  • Options
    ohmyohmyohmyohmy Posts: 614 Member
    edited April 2017
    ohmyohmy wrote: »
    I thought you were gone? I want a mix of things from previous games I'd prefer they not return to the open world and instead keep TS4's world.. that's pretty much it for me because i don't really think about ts5 at all.

See I'm the opposite with the open world, the lack of it is part of why I could never get into TS4. That and the colour wheel for customisation. They're two things I didn't realise were important to me until they were gone.
    It'll be hard to make everyone happy really if we like differing things.

ya.. everyone likes different things so obviously everyone won't like ts5 whenever it comes out. I never liked the Open World and I prefer TS2/TS4's world over TS3. I hope TS5 world will be a sorta of hybrid between them with TS4 openess & TS2's ability to create/edit different worlds. @Rockleyfamily
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,360 Member
    I really haven't given much thought to Sims 5. If I had to choose some features I'd like to see it would be things like actually opening cupboards to remove items, unloading the dishwasher and putting things away. Storing fishing rods, balls, sporting equipment, etc and having to actually retrieve them before using. No more pulling everything out of the pockets. Setting the table for dinner, cutting up the chicken and placing portions on individual plates. I'd like to see sims comb their hair, put on clothes instead of spinning into them. I'd like to see sims open the windows so the breeze comes in. I want sims to have to pay for their clothing, allowance for kids and teens.
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited April 2017
    Objects and activities are great. However, if there's a Sims 5, I'm really hoping that the majority of the focus (and the budget!!!) will be spent on the Sims themselves.

There will always be time for stuff packs, game packs, expansion packs, and whatever types of packs that can be thought up next. However, the base game should be when the Sims establish themselves. That is when the quality of the AI should be evident not some time down the road. Or, perhaps, never.

AI should be king.

TS4 Sims were supposed to be "smarter" Sims. That is what I looked forward to most. However, for me, they were the exact opposite. Perhaps the marketing department should have called them "prettier" Sims. That would have been closer to the truth than what we got.

I admit, beauty is an important asset. I was bowled over by how danged beautiful TS4 is. However, once the initial enchantment with the flash wore off, I was ready to get down to the substance. Unfortunately, shiny veneer aside, it felt like all TS4 had left was an empty shell with "The Sims" stamped on it.

TS4 Sims are the Sims that I wouldn't mind dating a few times. However, I could never consider them for an actual relationship, much less marriage -- if you know what I mean! :smiley: For a long-term, meaningful relationship, I have to look elsewhere.

I understand how TS4 Sims got to be as vacuous as they are, I do. If the rumors are true, they were meant to be avatars, not simulations. It must have been really difficult to switch horses midstream development, so to speak. I get it, but it is what it is -- in comparison to the ones that came before, TS4 Sims are severely lacking.

That is why I'm hoping that the next game will go back to basics and start by putting the simulation back into the Sims. The arrival of Toddlers has proven that it is possible to have endearing and engaging Sims again, just bursting with personality. Yet, they also managed to underscore just how lacking the other Sims are. In TS5, I would love, love, love to see the same level of love and attention to detail given to all aspects of the Sims, all ages, all traits.

If TS5 development has already started, that means that there's still time for the developers to pull it off. All they need is EA to get behind them. They already have a built-in consumer base, waiting to buy and to spread the word! All it requires is making the Sims, the stars again, not the additional paid content.

I have many, many wishes for TS5. However, genuinely smarter Sims, that is my most fervent wish for The Sims 5.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2017

Just a little confused because I clearly explained how someone can, they have, and their opinions are still valid.
    Everyones opinions matter but I don't consider the forum and youtubers reviewing and lets playing games a good source of whether the game is good. I also don't consider the demo a good source of saying the game is good either because one they only have access to a limited amount of stuff for 48 hours. So no I don't think they can sit there and judge the game if they don't have it. That is like telling someone a book is really good when they haven't actually read it. This is why because everyone is different and who's to say that someone watches something on youtube and that person complains its terrible so you never buy the game to see for your self how good it is. So I don't consider other peoples opinions on the game as being justifiable to say they won't like it.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options

Everyones opinions matter but I don't consider the forum and youtubers reviewing and lets playing games a good source of whether the game is good. I also don't consider the demo a good source of saying the game is good either because one they only have access to a limited amount of stuff for 48 hours. So no I don't think they can sit there and judge the game if they don't have it. That is like telling someone a book is really good when they haven't actually read it. This is why because everyone is different and who's to say that someone watches something on youtube and that person complains its terrible so you never buy the game to see for your self how good it is. So I don't consider other peoples opinions on the game as being justifiable to say they won't like it.

So everyone's opinion matters but their opinions on the game aren't justifiable (aka aren't valid) if they have only played the demo?

I'm sure I'm not the only one that sees the contradiction in what you've just posted.
  • Options
    At the end of the day @pepperjax1230, we aren't going to agree on this, so no point beating a dead horse.

To me, both of our opinions and thoughts as well as everyone else's are valid.

Let's high five and agree to disagree.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,360 Member
    What would like to see in The Sims 5? What are your views on the future of the series? What do you enjoy from pervious and current games that you want to see carried over?

• Options

So everyone's opinion matters but their opinions on the game aren't justifiable (aka aren't valid) if they have only played the demo?

I'm sure I'm not the only one that sees the contradiction in what you've just posted.
    I meant people that let's play the game and give you their opinions on the game I wasn't saying that Kings opinion wasn't valid but that is all they played was the demo. The people on youtube can say anything about the game they are the ones getting the games free and going to sim camp. I don't think I would sit there watch them review a game they got free I might add and claim to make up other people's minds whether to buy it or not. The demo is limited and
    you can't really do everything in 48 hours anyway so it's not really something you can review because you played for 2 days straight. Get my point?
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    NoTalentNoTalent Posts: 384 Member
    I am certain that I have missed a lot of points because I have not dived into the previous three pages and read everything this thread has to offer. You will all just have to accept that I may repeat information!

I believe that the Sims 5 is further away than most people think.

The Sims 2 released worldwide on September 14, 2004. The Sims 3 released worldwide on June 2, 2009. Almost five years before the next version released, which is a decent number, all things considering. The Sims 4 released September 2, 2014. Almost three years ago.

If we follow the period from Sims 3, the Sims 5 could be two years away, which I doubt due to the release schedule of expansion packs. As of March 2017, four game packs, three expansion packs, and ten stuff packs have been released. This is incredibly slow compared to the Sims 3!

The Sims 2 had eight expansion packs and nine stuff packs. The Sims 3 had Eleven expansion packs and nine stuff packs.

As I said above, the Sims 4 has four game packs, three expansion packs, and ten stuff packs. A grand total of seventeen. The Sims 2 has a total of seventeen. The Sims 3 had a total of twenty! Even considering that most of the Sims 4’s content is stuff packs whereas the Sims 2 and the Sims 3 had more expansion packs (bar Sims 2, which is one less.)

The Sims 4 is at three expansion packs, which is eight less than the Sims 3. EA will not allow the Sims 5 to release when the Sims 4, a game that is slowly creeping for the best-selling Sims game despite all the issues, to be pushed aside.

Off the top of my head, I can listed about six expansion packs that could be made. At one expansion pack per year, we have six years minimum, by my logic, that the Sims 4 could be around for.

I am sorry if I missed the point of your thread!
  • Options

I meant people that let's play the game and give you their opinions on the game I wasn't saying that Kings opinion wasn't valid but that is all they played was the demo. The people on youtube can say anything about the game they are the ones getting the games free and going to sim camp. I don't think I would sit there watch them review a game they got free I might add and claim to make up other people's minds whether to buy it or not. The demo is limited and
    you can't really do everything in 48 hours anyway so it's not really something you can review because you played for 2 days straight. Get my point?

You're backtracking now @pepperjax1230 - that's your first post in this thread. I can't believe that I have to break this down. If you're judging a game, you're giving an opinion.
    If something doesn't count (i.e. judging if its good or not the demo), it's not valid (doesn't count).

These are your words not mine.

You don't need to do EVERYTHING in 48 hours to form a valid opinion or to judge a game! I can go into a restaurant, order a meal, and know within a few mouthfuls if it's worth it to continue eating it or not. But by your logic, because I didn't eat the whole meal and return to the restaurant to try the meal again and again, just to make sure that I truly don't like it...my opinion on the meal/restaurant I had isn't valid.

Things that make you go hmmm!