Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Art Style: How Did You Vote?

Comments

• Options
    DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,946 Member
    Tanja1986 wrote: »
    The voting is supposed to last until the 12th! Unless we have traveled to the future this is still the 10th! I wasn't allowed to vote. I would have vote style B @SimGuruGraham

That's why I said just in time. Because I could still vote. Maybe try to open that page again now? To see if it works.

It doesn't. It just shows the style a picture and no option to vote.
  • Options
    MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    A. But from what I've seen, everyone wants b. I probably won't buy the pack anymore because I was only interested in the modern side of Eco Living.
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    It was hard but I went for B , liked CAS better
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,525 Member
    The voting is supposed to last until the 12th! Unless we have traveled to the future this is still the 10th! I wasn't allowed to vote. I would have vote style B @SimGuruGraham

That's why I said just in time. Because I could still vote. Maybe try to open that page again now? To see if it works.

This might sound like a stupid question, but are you signed in on that page? That could prevent you from voting.

Also, they might have just had a lot of enthusiastic voters and maybe the site got a little bit overwhelmed, so I'd try back in a little while. They officially stated that the voting would be open for a couple of days, so it's probably just a temporary issue.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    DesertSimmer1971DesertSimmer1971 Posts: 498 Member
    edited April 2017
    I picked B, I liked the clothing of a more, but for some reason A felt off. All the objects looked the same and bland, maybe because there wasn't a variety of colors, or maybe it reminded me too much of Spa Day. Either way, B looked more colorful and homie.

I saw someone earlier say it was hippie, since when are mops and brooms and irons and old furniture hippie? It looks like someone actually lives there.

If you were referring to my comment, let me clarify. I am not saying that I didn't like both styles. For my play style, I could see me using the clothes and objects because I think that the color swatches will be more solids and neutral thus working for many different home decor and sims that were presented in Style A. When looking at Style B (based on previous packs) that the color swatches for clothing and decor will not offer any neutral colors, so I didn't choose it because I would not use any of it personally.
    I have Movie Hangout, love the style of the clothes and furniture, but I never, ever use it because the color swatches do not have any neutral colors, and I personally do not any of the swatches and patterns that are available. Again, love the style, but wished that there had been some solid and neutral color swatches for the furniture, decor, and clothes.

edited for grammer
  • Options
    I'm finding it so hard to choose one, i really like the furniture in style A. But loving the clothes in style in B . OMG !! Its so hard to choose

That's exactly what happened to me
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    PallystylePallystyle Posts: 2,415 Member
    Pallypoo wrote: »
    The other was too modern and hipsterish.

So you went with hippie over hipster? Me too.
    B just had so much more personality. I loved the "homey" feel to it. It was everything I was hoping for.

Haha, yeah. I'd be a hippie if I could get away with it,lol. I was sold on the clutter. It gives rooms "life".
    My Sims 4 Creations= Click Here ;) Find me on origin at Pallystyle
    My Murkland Challenge Adventures: Click Here

• Options
    lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    MrMonty96 wrote: »
    A. But from what I've seen, everyone wants b. I probably won't buy the pack anymore because I was only interested in the modern side of Eco Living.

Yeah, I agree, Eco Living sounds like a modern theme to me. Style B fits better a gardening/farming pack.
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,787 Member
    Eco-living doesn't mean modern stuff- Eco stuff means using less eletricty, etc..
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    Oh no... now I want to pick A
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    LiELF wrote: »

This might sound like a plum question, but are you signed in on that page? That could prevent you from voting.

Also, they might have just had a lot of enthusiastic voters and maybe the site got a little bit overwhelmed, so I'd try back in a little while. They officially stated that the voting would be open for a couple of days, so it's probably just a temporary issue.

I can try later. But the votes are by Maxis they should be professionals and know how to set up a vote site.

So the only way I could vote was to go with the mobile option on my windows 10 computer.
    Post edited by DragonAge_300905 on
  • Options
    MiMortaMiMorta Posts: 15 Member
    I went A. I had a really hard choice, but most of what I play and build is modern (since the classic rustic items already in game tend to leave my sims unhappy).
  • Options
    lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »
    Eco-living doesn't mean modern stuff- Eco stuff means using less eletricty, etc..
    But one of the things mentioned in the description was home technologies. I don't really see how style B fits with the technology theme. Also, newer appliances nowadays tend to consume less energy than older appliances.
  • Options
    aquabluefoxaquabluefox Posts: 74 Member
    I voted for Style B. I feel like we already have a lot of clothes and furniture that look like those of Style A.
  • Options
    HCSauHCSau Posts: 506 Member
    Even though I'm total bohemian myself, I actually liked style A which made the choice harder. But in the end I had to vote B because it has that character I love. Modern stuff always makes me feel like I can't touch anything! :D
    HSau :)
  • Options
    Krisha880Krisha880 Posts: 1,553 Member
    I haven't voted yet, because I can't decide! Both the interior and the clothes of style A is more appealing to me, however, I feel like we need the homey feel and the clutter of style B more! I wish we could get both! #TeamAllTheThings
  • Options
    mebagl15mebagl15 Posts: 563 Member
    A. I like both A & B. I choose A because I think it would fit in the way I play my game better.
  • Options
    MarleyTheWizardMarleyTheWizard Posts: 962 Member
    lexus20 wrote: »
    MrMonty96 wrote: »

Yeah, I agree, Eco Living sounds like a modern theme to me. Style B fits better a gardening/farming pack.

Don't be fooled, this is only the US forums, even though there is a lot of users from other countries on here, the vote itself is available to a much wider audience
    I Sometimes Tweet About The Sims 4
    Gallery ID: MarleyTheWizard
  • Options
    TriX0099TriX0099 Posts: 850 Member
    Ouch. This is a difficult choice! And I haven't made it yet.... I like the look of A, but love the clutter of B. B definitely wins on the clothes, but I feel like I am more likely to regret picking B than A. I play many households, and though I generally prefer the look of B, I have a seriously hard time imagining how to fit those items into the modern households. I don't have to use a pack in all households, but it would be really weird to not have laundry (as an example) in some households simply because they live in a modern house. It looks like it would be way easier to do it the other way around: Using the simple functional items from A and clutter the heck out of it to make it match the lived in style.

The swatches for B would probably make the pack useless for me in a modern households, where the items from A would be more useful for me in all households.
  • Options
    MarleyTheWizardMarleyTheWizard Posts: 962 Member
    I liked the sink and top cabinets of style A, but the overall aesthetic and clothing style of concept B appealed more to me
    I Sometimes Tweet About The Sims 4
    Gallery ID: MarleyTheWizard
  • Options
    HimynameisHimynameis Posts: 336 Member
    I chose A only because the clothes in B are hideous and tacky and are nothing at all what I would use on my sims. If the clothes were better then yes B would be the better choice.
  • Options
    Krisha880Krisha880 Posts: 1,553 Member

Modern stuff can be way more energy efficient than older stuff!
  • Options
    I voted B. The male sim has facial hair and there's more clutter items.
  • Options
    pixiejuicepixiejuice Posts: 711 Member
    Even if B wins and the overall feel of the pack is more rustic/worn-in, I could see them offering a modern set of washers & dryers in the pack too. And even maybe a neutral/mid-range regular set. Just because we'd never get them in another pack otherwise. Like how they did with hot tubs, this will be it for washers & dryers for the life of the game, probably.

But we don't need this pack to be modern overall. I feel like we have plenty of that, and will probably get plenty more in other future packs.
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,787 Member
    Krisha880 wrote: »

Modern stuff can be way more energy efficient than older stuff!

how about sims washing clothes by hand like our ancestors did? Now that is what I would call eco-friendly
    6adMCGP.gif