The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Need ideas for setting up my worlds!

Hi guys,

Im starting a very detailed let's play, on long lifespan and everything and really taking my time and trying to make it realistic to really enjoy every aspect of the game.

I need some ideas for lots to place to get set up. I'll post what i am already placing and please add any additional ideas below!!

Thanks guys :)

-Bowling alley/pizza place
-Arcade/restaurant
-Spa
-Movie theatre/restaurant (movie tavern)
-Some restaurants- diner, fancy restaurant, family restaurant (like an applebee's type of place), cafe, ice cream parlour, etc)

Comments

• Options
    keenowkeenow Posts: 549 Member
    A train station!
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,043 Member
    Large park/public garden with: fountain(s), lots of benches - including by the fountain, walking paths with lots of trees and plants, pond/ streams for fishing & frog finding, maybe the chess tables, BBQ grills, play area for kids, some sort of food & beverage source, rest rooms, maybe some sort of stage for performing
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Museum, maybe one with nice gardens (good setting for marriage proposals).
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    Pink_FuenPink_Fuen Posts: 19 Member
    In Newcrest, I used to have an "urban beach" (community pool lot) in one of the 40x30 lots, but now I have placed it in the 50x40 lot. I love it :D
  • Options
    LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    A museum or, if you have CL, you can make a full on arts centre. Maybe have a nightclub, with a 'quiet' upstairs area with chairs and maybe a bubble blower kicking around...I think you can get the image I'm stating here. Just can't make a full on thing as that would be over PG-13...lol
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
  • Options
    ratsrbestratsrbest Posts: 579 Member
    Maybe have a Geeks Corner in the park featuring the Observatory and Chess tables.

And plenty of room for the Sims to lie down and stargaze. No lying down with their heads under the tables, which is what happened the first time I asked my Sim to stargaze :)
    Don't feed the trolls
  • Options
    LadyEmillyeLadyEmillye Posts: 19,238 Member
    A basketball court . .just made one the other day
  • Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    A market place or a supermarket?
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    mscosmomscosmo Posts: 118 Member
    I made a skill center. Newcrest Skill Center in the gallery. It's under Library, but it lets you build skills, from cooking to gardening, music, painting, dancing, DJ, etc. Check it out, might be something you'd be interested in doing or downloading.
  • Options
    notetoself00xnotetoself00x Posts: 499 Member
    Wow thank you guys!! Great ideas
  • Options
    Pink_Fuen wrote: »
    In Newcrest, I used to have an "urban beach" (community pool lot) in one of the 40x30 lots, but now I have placed it in the 50x40 lot. I love it :D

Tell me more about this urban beach?? It sounds awesome!
  • Options
    ponderosaponderosa Posts: 238 Member
    You could do a beach in the center lot of Oasis Springs! That's what I turned it into anyway. A homemade beach with a bar.
    tumblr_opta4zrh011r17qi5o1_500.gif
    origin ID: maureenponderosa
  • Options
    Pink_FuenPink_Fuen Posts: 19 Member

Well as I've said it is a community pool. It has little cabins (I think that is the right word, sorry my first language is not English) where I placed the showers, and then I also placed a bar. In the middle of the pool, I have a little "island" with one of the slides from "Backyard Stuff Pack". My recommendation, if you have "Get Together" is to set a club to hang out in the beach, because I have noticed that community pools are used mostly by elders and children.

I have just uploaded it to the gallery if you want to take a look. My user name is PINK_FUEN and the lot name is Newcrest Urban Beach
  • Options
    PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    I put a subway station under a park once.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    Emma_Smith101Emma_Smith101 Posts: 453 Member
    Car park
    I share my builds and Sims' stories sometimes at: https://simplicityplaysss.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    edited April 2017
    I'm currently rebuilding all my worlds from scratch. I'm going for a small town feeling, with lots of small family-run businesses and venues you'd find in a typical american town. This is what I've done so far:

WC Commercial district

- Lot 1 (Retail): Retail stores facing the town square. These will be NPC-run stores. I have a small corner store (supermarket; sims can buy produce here as well as ingredients for their recipes), a flower shop (where sims can get seeds; I got a CC seed stand), baby store and antiques store.
    - Lot 2 (Library): Town square with a gazebo and the town's library.
    - Lot 3 (Restaurant): Town's diner, it's also facing the town square. Next to it I placed some "rabbit holes" stores (i.e. they are not functional) to complete the look.
    - Lot 4 (Retail): family-run stores and grup hang outs. I got a bakery and a music shop that are run by a mother and her daughter. Since it's a big lot, I also placed a church (where my sims will get married and where the church club will gather), a bookshop with a basement "cinema" that screens vintage movies (movie club), and a dance studio (for the dance club).

Other lots

- Neighborhood baseball field (classified as gym)
    - The Mayflower Inn: it's a multipurpose lot. It's usually classified as a restaurant (a nice-expensive restaurant that serves French cuisine and seafood), but it also works as a spa. It has a big yard with everything ready for a wedding.
    - Park: ot's a secluded park outside town, almost a forest, where sims practice yoga, meditate, jog, etc.
    - Boarding school (residential): for my rich sims to get the most exclusive education.
    - Arcade + cafe: again a multipurpose lot with several buildings that look like a main street. It works both as a bowling alley (bar) and a café.
    - Karaoke bar
    - Pizza restaurant: run by an italian family
    - International restaurant: this is a very interesting restaurant. Every week, my sim changes the menu and features plates from international cuisine.
    - Ice cream shop / take away restaurant / weddding boutique: another retail lot. My sim only actively operates the ice cream shop. But there is also a take away restaurant that serves home made food and a store that sells wedding dresses and tuxedos.
    - Yoga center / beauty salon (spa): classified as a spa, this lot consists of two buldings too. One is a yoga center, and the other one is a beauty salon where those sims that can't afford to go the Mayflower Inn can get beauty treatments. I also send my sims there to change their hair.

A few pics:

tumblr_om5t8rYduY1vc5980o1_1280.jpg

Untitled.png
    tumblr_om414k3pok1vc5980o6_1280.jpg
  • Options

Well as I've said it is a community pool. It has little cabins (I think that is the right word, sorry my first language is not English) where I placed the showers, and then I also placed a bar. In the middle of the pool, I have a little "island" with one of the slides from "Backyard Stuff Pack". My recommendation, if you have "Get Together" is to set a club to hang out in the beach, because I have noticed that community pools are used mostly by elders and children.

I have just uploaded it to the gallery if you want to take a look. My user name is PINK_FUEN and the lot name is Newcrest Urban Beach

Awesome thanks!! I'll check out the lot in the gallery :)
  • Options
    I'm currently rebuilding all my worlds from scratch. I'm going for a small town feeling, with lots of small family-run businesses and venues you'd find in a typical american town. This is what I've done so far:

WC Commercial district

- Lot 1 (Retail): Retail stores facing the town square. These will be NPC-run stores. I have a small corner store (supermarket; sims can buy produce here as well as ingredients for their recipes), a flower shop (where sims can get seeds; I got a CC seed stand), baby store and antiques store.
    - Lot 2 (Library): Town square with a gazebo and the town's library.
    - Lot 3 (Restaurant): Town's diner, it's also facing the town square. Next to it I placed some "rabbit holes" stores (i.e. they are not functional) to complete the look.
    - Lot 4 (Retail): family-run stores and grup hang outs. I got a bakery and a music shop that are run by a mother and her daughter. Since it's a big lot, I also placed a church (where my sims will get married and where the church club will gather), a bookshop with a basement "cinema" that screens vintage movies (movie club), and a dance studio (for the dance club).

Other lots

- Neighborhood baseball field (classified as gym)
    - The Mayflower Inn: it's a multipurpose lot. It's usually classified as a restaurant (a nice-expensive restaurant that serves French cuisine and seafood), but it also works as a spa. It has a big yard with everything ready for a wedding.
    - Park: ot's a secluded park outside town, almost a forest, where sims practice yoga, meditate, jog, etc.
    - Boarding school (residential): for my rich sims to get the most exclusive education.
    - Arcade + cafe: again a multipurpose lot with several buildings that look like a main street. It works both as a bowling alley (bar) and a café.
    - Karaoke bar
    - Pizza restaurant: run by an italian family
    - International restaurant: this is a very interesting restaurant. Every week, my sim changes the menu and features plates from international cuisine.
    - Ice cream shop / take away restaurant / weddding boutique: another retail lot. My sim only actively operates the ice cream shop. But there is also a take away restaurant that serves home made food and a store that sells wedding dresses and tuxedos.
    - Yoga center / beauty salon (spa): classified as a spa, this lot consists of two buldings too. One is a yoga center, and the other one is a beauty salon where those sims that can't afford to go the Mayflower Inn can get beauty treatments. I also send my sims there to change their hair.

A few pics:

tumblr_om5t8rYduY1vc5980o1_1280.jpg

Untitled.png
    tumblr_om414k3pok1vc5980o6_1280.jpg

Wow this is all soooo amazing!! Do you have any of this uploaded to the gallery?
  • Options
    applehartapplehart Posts: 83 Member
    @Pixelsimmer I love the idea of a boarding school. Your builds look fantastic and so detailed. Would love to see more of the boarding school if you could share!
  • Options
    @GoddessSims How do you go about a subway station? Just for show?
  • Options
    PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    applehart wrote: »
    @GoddessSims How do you go about a subway station? Just for show?

Yeah it was, it was a make shift portion of the park. I did a lot of hunting for CC and MOO all over the place, but it was cool when I had it. One of these days I will do it again. Might be better choices of CC by now. This was back when the Get to Work first came out and there wasn't much to go on. I lost it when I trying to teach my daughter how to a refresh a computer and she reset my laptop back to the factory settings.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    PancakesandwichPancakesandwich Posts: 2,038 Member
    edited April 2017
    One lot could have a graveyard, the one next to it has the church. That makes the entire thing look bigger.
    (if you have Vampires, it comes with even more gravestones to use for the graveyard)

There could also be a secret underground laboratory somewhere in the desert (especially if you've got GTW). Try making the entrance hidden with stones around it.

Maybe an orphanage would fit too, depending on your gameplay. It would need a household full of children (+ whoever owns the orphanage) though, so you'd need to manage it from time to time so the children don't turn into adults later on.
  • Options
    angiehanssonangiehansson Posts: 8 New Member
    I made an Irish neighborhood in my game. There is a church with Priests living in it, and a Cop bar (a bar with police decor).

I also have a neighborhood of young families that has a Chuck E. Cheese lot. I even made a club that dresses in animal costumes and plays instruments. I want to try to make a Nasa style Museum, but I don't know if we have enough space decor for that.
  • Options
    PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    @notetoself00x Thanks so much ^^ I haven't uploaded anything to the gallery because I use quite a lot of CC :(

@applehart Sure! This is Simmington Academy. I haven't taken any pics of the interiors though!

tumblr_ompkjzpbvH1vc5980o7_1280.jpg
    tumblr_ompkjzpbvH1vc5980o3_1280.jpg
    tumblr_ompkjzpbvH1vc5980o4_1280.jpg
    tumblr_ompkjzpbvH1vc5980o5_1280.jpg

• Options
    @Pixelsimmer Thanks, I love it! I might try my hand at creating one myself. I have been itching to make schools.