Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Starting out stuff pack ideas!

Just an open discussion of ideas...

They mentioned it would include space saving objects, so I'd really like to see BUNK BEDS! I've been needing these for so long but the mods just don't fit in seamlessly. Also, a wall microwave could be really helpful for saving counter-space!
In city living, there was a mini 'one-seat' computer desk, I think another one of those could be good.

Anyway, contribute some more ideas if you want!
I won Game of the Year in the 2nd annual Scummies Awards!
eM56lKI.png
Call me Sub

Comments

• Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    Murphy beds, anyone?
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    SubmarineSubmarine Posts: 3,424 Member
    Murphy beds, anyone?

Murphy Beds tend to be quite expensive though, aren't they? Maybe futons?! You know, like the fold out sofa-beds. Those would be awesome. And there could be an action to 'watch TV in bed'?
    eM56lKI.png
    Call me Sub

• Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    Murphy beds, anyone?

Murphy Beds tend to be quite expensive though, aren't they? Maybe futons?! You know, like the fold out sofa-beds. Those would be awesome. And there could be an action to 'watch TV in bed'?

A sofa-bed was planned for City Living! :)
    Concept Art:
    large.img.jpg
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    hannaaj22hannaaj22 Posts: 685 Member
    I voted this as number 4, however with the mention of bunk beds.. I might be more interested! :smile:
    Leon Family Tree
    Origin ID: hannaaj22
  • Options
    B_E2009B_E2009 Posts: 131 Member
    Cabinet mirrors, with the option to store items, like medicine, inside of it. It would function like the storage chest. A very tall bed with desk space underneath it would be a great space saver too.
  • Options
    aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    Rickety spiral stairs, a hammock!
  • Options
    SimangoSimango Posts: 427 Member
    edited April 2017
    Does the Sims 4 have trap doors? Or little compartments that they can store stuff in?

I feel like it would be neat if they could remove a floorboard (or a wallboard maybe) and store something important inside.

Not sure if it would fit this stuff pack though but I think it would fit into the saving space and low cost idea.
  • Options
    diisnerddiisnerd Posts: 52 Member
    This pack could be a builders dream! Murphy beds could be a cool mechanic. I would love the idea of both bunk beds and those beds that are bunk beds but also have the empty space or desk underneath them.

Just please don't make them child only :/
  • Options
    DanninicoleDanninicole Posts: 32 Member
    I'm really hoping for a venue like consignment stores, or the ability to actually have a yard sale. I know yard sale items are mention just not sure if that means yard sales would actually happen or not.
  • Options
    SubmarineSubmarine Posts: 3,424 Member
    B_E2009 wrote: »
    Cabinet mirrors, with the option to store items, like medicine, inside of it. It would function like the storage chest. A very tall bed with desk space underneath it would be a great space saver too.

I love this idea! I love loft beds.
    aricarai wrote: »
    Rickety spiral stairs, a hammock!

The ultimate space saver and my life saver in TS3 XD
    I'm really hoping for a venue like consignment stores, or the ability to actually have a yard sale. I know yard sale items are mention just not sure if that means yard sales would actually happen or not.

Yard sales would be an awesome way of selling collectables and rocks and stuff.

eM56lKI.png
    Call me Sub

• Options
    TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    Didn't Murphy Beds kill people in Sims 2? Maybe those should go in the Dangerous Stuff Pack.
    Murphy beds, fold out sofa and chair beds, a mattress that sets right on the floor, one of those big round cable reels for a table, lots of crates and boxes with lots of slots to stick stuff on, some more old fashioned (50s) stoves, bead curtains instead of doors...
    Maybe a dumpster that Sims could pull random stuff out of.
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,629 Member
    edited April 2017
    Is starter packs like those beds in NY studio apartment that come out of the wall? they say more space I'm thinking that but I don't know.
  • Options
    TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    edited April 2017
    Briana2425 wrote: »
    Is starter packs like those beds in NY studio apartment that come out of the wall? they say more space I'm thinking that bit I don't know.

Yep. That's a Murphy bed. They came with Apartment Life in Sims 2, and they could occasionally kill a Sim.

What about a dresser built into a bed frame?
    And, I know it's not a space saver or cheap, but can you imagine two Sims on a waterbed?
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • Options
    LadyEmillyeLadyEmillye Posts: 19,238 Member
    I'd love to see a hot plate or toaster oven . .a countertop dishwasher.
  • Options
    PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    I'd love to see bunk beds and sofa beds as gameplay items in this pack. Murphy beds would also be okay but they didn't really save much space in TS2/TS3 because they actually needed a whole lot of space for your sims to be able to open them.

Also cheaper/tacky furniture (kind of like the cheap sofa your sims can get at the flea market in CL).
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    I like the 1-tile desk idea!

I'd like a sofa bed rather than a Muphy bed, because it is multi-purpose. I'd also like the 3-in-1 bathroom back, bunk beds, and more 1-tile dressers and bookshelves. A small portable radio would be nice too.

Oh, and an under the counter fridge! I have a cc version and it's very useful for small kitchen as you have the extra counter space. How about a work-top stove or a portable hob? Rather than a whole oven? That way I could have my under the counter fridge, and the hob on top.
  • Options
    lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    edited April 2017
    -Bunkbeds/murphy beds/sofa beds
    -Mini fridge
    -Sliding/foldable doors that allow items to be placed (and used) directly in front of them, to save space
    -Laptops (could be used in the dining table or in the sofa or bed and could be put in the inventory)
    -Spiral staircases (probably in the patch since I don't think they can add that in the SP)
  • Options
    McKenaSharpMcKenaSharp Posts: 4 New Member
    Murphy beds could be easily implemented into eco stuff :smile: any tiny living item could be.
  • Options
    AJPAJP Posts: 3 New Member
    I think we should have a pack called teen dream! we had a kids pack and toddlers we need that arcade pack for teens!
    also
    - waiting in line for the bathroom/food stands
    - maybe for wedding pack guess can watch then sit for the wedding
    - a future world map with future stuff
    - maybe fairies? that live on the secret lot in Willow Creek
    - werewolf

to be honest male players need more for there male sims and actual game play achievement
  • Options
    jimjam1009jimjam1009 Posts: 165 Member
    AJP wrote: »
    - maybe fairies? that live on the secret lot in Willow Creek
    - werewolf

I love the idea for fairies having a secret world like in the survey and I really want werewolves to come in the suspected pets pack.
  • Options
    Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    All good ideas.

-I would love a spiral staircase. Been waiting for that.

-Bunk Beds would be great.

-Love the pull out sofa idea and Murphy bed too. Sliding doors that go into the wall would be fun.

-Definitely need some crappy looking furniture with duct tape, patches.

-And how about some grungy clothes? Patches on the knees, ripped up, really grungy.

-Also sleeping bags. Sometimes when people first start out they might not have furniture.

I know I love playing rags to riches and want to really look the part. Be nice if the furniture was priced the least expensive in the list when you go into buy mode as well. I never understood in Sims 3 why a ripped up sofa was more expensive than a regular one.

• Options
    griffin1842griffin1842 Posts: 255 Member
    I'd actually like all the content related to starting out/small living and the gameplay object to be laundry. It makes sense to me because starting out would be focused on the home.

Anyway, this was my #1 choice because I think we need more grungy clothes and starter furniture for sims.
  • Options
    SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    I'd actually like all the content related to starting out/small living and the gameplay object to be laundry. It makes sense to me because starting out would be focused on the home.

Anyway, this was my #1 choice because I think we need more grungy clothes and starter furniture for sims.

Agreed when it comes to laundry and starter home stuff with furniture that has smaller footprints. Ladders were so useful too. You didn't need to cram a huge staircase in a tiny build.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• Options
    mscosmomscosmo Posts: 118 Member
    Spiral staircase
    a 1x1 tile platform (it would be nice if this could be enlarged) for stairs. This way we could make stairs turn. It would also be nice, if we could raise the height of the platform, like foundations.
    Bunk beds, regular or L shaped, with space underneath to place a desk or dresser.
    Ladders.
    Platform beds with drawers for storage/clothes.
    Highboy dressers, dressers 1x1 footprint.
    Small telescopes.
    Stove tops to fit on counters. Wall oven.
    Small closet 1x1 footprint. This would work in a small space, but could also be used with the closest we have already to make it a 1x3 footprint.
    Mini refg.
    Hide a bed and chair.
    1x1 footprint bookcase.
    I know this is not for a small space, but I would love an indoor round dinning table the seats 6. Also a round/hexagon coffee table.
    I'm sure there are more items, but this is all I can think of at the moment.
  • Options
    Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    Laundry would fit well into this theme too. Especially using a clothes line to dry your clothes. I loved how it worked in Sims 3. You could chose if the family did laundry by what you bought for the home so those that didn't want to bother with it didn't have to.