Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Eco-Living, looking past laundry.

Comments

• Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited April 2017
    maybe no household bills if you add solar panels?

Or at least reduced bills -- in Sims 3 if you installed solar panels the bills amount was slightly lower, I'm thinking like about .05% per panel up to max of 8? The panels were included in one of the Prius download packs, along with wind turbines (which also might make a nice addition though we already have deco ones somewhere in the game).

If we're going the Smart House route, if it's not beyond the scope of an Stuff Pack how about a return of the Servo or Plumbot that automatically does tasks when you click on it, sort of an electronic butler? The robot could cook, clean, take care of babies/toddlers, etc. with a random chance of fails (burned food, bigger messes, annoyed/scared toddler, etc.), and could be upgraded for greater efficiency and reduced chance of fails.

For more of a down-home type pack, definitely the canning station and Sims could sell their produce either at a store (with GTW) or on the street (with City Living). Maybe we could get gift giving back and Sims could gift their handmade products?
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    i am for an eco living stuffpack but for me it must includes laundry because for me its a must return in game
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    bjk607bjk607 Posts: 168 Member
    edited April 2017
    My sister and I would love to see Grandmas canning station back, more plants and more flowers, we want to have our COLOR WHEEL back we miss that. We need more fruits and veggies to grow.we like the idea of the solar panels we need more kids patterns we really want our COLOR WHEEL back so we can do our own colors. we want something that we can make our own patterns, something that is easy for us to use.Give us spiral stair cases, railings stairs ground covers, beach items like balls wagons for the kids card game.Make them speak english
  • Options
    ActuallySammyActuallySammy Posts: 299 Member
    I want laptops that you can carry around and cost 2000 dollars but you have to charge for some time. Like the way real laptops work.
    Origin id: ActuallySammy
    If you want to respond to me please make sure to @ me.
  • Options
    joseandchocolatejoseandchocolate Posts: 321 Member
    I look forward to beds that come out of the wall, ovens put up in the wall, and mini-fridges. Wouldn't it be cool? Another cool option would be being able to extend and shorten your dining table and move around seats. When your bed is up, you have a TV there. When its down, you have a bed! (duh) This would be a beautiful aspect to have in city living as well.
    8d90c06c58195513b2df4fb82cf0ebb5.png
    Check out my YouTube Channel http://bit.ly/2ssq3Gk
    Follow me on Twitter http://bit.ly/2sYEob0
  • Options
    jotajejejotajeje Posts: 162 Member
    *smart home wall tablets. They could give sims a wide array of features like, climate control (mood-let), house wide stereo systems, perhaps access to premium delivery services (groceries, food, clothes ect), and direct control over other appliances (fireplaces, TV's, showers, baths ect).
    I love this idea. Would house wide stereo system be connected stereos? I really need it!

• Options
    joseandchocolatejoseandchocolate Posts: 321 Member
    Let's also not forget bunk beds :) and maybe smaller dish washers
    8d90c06c58195513b2df4fb82cf0ebb5.png
    Check out my YouTube Channel http://bit.ly/2ssq3Gk
    Follow me on Twitter http://bit.ly/2sYEob0
  • Options
    keenowkeenow Posts: 549 Member
    I was hoping for a flying robot that would go around the house and pick up my dishes or clean stuff. Basically, a robot maid. My brain visually was picturing a cute/circular something, like Wheatley from Portal.
    latest?cb=20110620140853
  • Options
    LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,828 Member
    @SageRainWillow we are on the exact same page when it comes to the Asian Rastafarians and the male pants :D:D:D
  • Options
    SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    ikiamyetta wrote: »
    @SageRainWillow we are on the exact same page when it comes to the Asian Rastafarians and the male pants :D:D:D

32984132144_4da7b3c91d.jpg
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• Options
    SnowWolf58SnowWolf58 Posts: 382 Member
    I like the Eco Living SP idea the best too. It's the SP that would fit our real world's most pressing concerns so it would be great to have it in our sims world too.

1. Solar Systems & Panels for houses and apartment living. Reduces energy costs/bills.

2. Compost Toilets -- to create compost for gardens and potted fruit/veggie plants in apartments.

3. Water Saving: Showers/Toilets/Dishwashers.

4. Tinted Windows OR New Shades/Curtains that create shade for the windows.

5. Washers/Dryers that are energy efficient.

6. Recycle System -- for food scraps that become compost for gardens/plants.

7. Eco Friendly Clothes/Shoes: Hemp/Cotton and other sustainable fibers/materials. (NOT all earth colors but BRIGHT colors too!)

8. New Bamboo Flooring/Walls and other earth friendly materials for Homes/Apts.

9. New Foods: Lentils, Soy Milk, Almond Milk, Soy Beans, Kale, Green Drinks, Acai Berries, Coconut Cream & other healthy holistic food choices.

10. New Cooking Items: Stir Fry Woks, Blenders for Green Drinks/Protein Shakes, Food Dehydrators & Juicers. :D
    Ryzen 1700X • 16GB • RX 580

INFJ -A/-T
  • Options
    I like those ideas! The bamboo flooring and walls would look great in a lot of homes.

• Options
    naughtygwennynaughtygwenny Posts: 171 Member
    I want ladders and spiral staircases for tree houses with an eco pack if we get one and solar panels or wind turbines (if we get seasons) for off the grid electricity
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    eco how about having water drawn from a well rather than have the sims home hook up on the water supply of the city another eco way and clean well water
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    phantom121294phantom121294 Posts: 151 Member
    jotajeje wrote: »
    *smart home wall tablets. They could give sims a wide array of features like, climate control (mood-let), house wide stereo systems, perhaps access to premium delivery services (groceries, food, clothes ect), and direct control over other appliances (fireplaces, TV's, showers, baths ect).
    I love this idea. Would house wide stereo system be connected stereos? I really need it!

I was thinking each room with a smart panel would have speakers wired inside the ceiling or something to that affect. That way rooms would be like massive radio's. And it would be consistent through the house.
    Specs: i9-9900k, SLI 2080ti MSI SeaHawk EK X, 32g 3000hz Corsair RAM, 2TB M.2 Samsung SSD, EVGA 1600W. Custom loop done by myself with dual 560mm radiators.
    JOVa2Sn.jpg

• Options
    jotajeje wrote: »

I was thinking each room with a smart panel would have speakers wired inside the ceiling or something to that affect. That way rooms would be like massive radio's. And it would be consistent through the house.

So what about bedrooms? Wouldn't that wake sleeping sims or would you have the option of disabling certain rooms?

• Options
    Ryuzaki5Ryuzaki5 Posts: 50 Member
    SnowWolf58 wrote: »
    I like the Eco Living SP idea the best too. It's the SP that would fit our real world's most pressing concerns so it would be great to have it in our sims world too.

1. Solar Systems & Panels for houses and apartment living. Reduces energy costs/bills.

2. Compost Toilets -- to create compost for gardens and potted fruit/veggie plants in apartments.

3. Water Saving: Showers/Toilets/Dishwashers.

4. Tinted Windows OR New Shades/Curtains that create shade for the windows.

5. Washers/Dryers that are energy efficient.

6. Recycle System -- for food scraps that become compost for gardens/plants.

7. Eco Friendly Clothes/Shoes: Hemp/Cotton and other sustainable fibers/materials. (NOT all earth colors but BRIGHT colors too!)

8. New Bamboo Flooring/Walls and other earth friendly materials for Homes/Apts.

9. New Foods: Lentils, Soy Milk, Almond Milk, Soy Beans, Kale, Green Drinks, Acai Berries, Coconut Cream & other healthy holistic food choices.

10. New Cooking Items: Stir Fry Woks, Blenders for Green Drinks/Protein Shakes, Food Dehydrators & Juicers. :D

You sang unto my soul. I love green living options in game. One of my favorite TS3 sim's entire lifestyle was based on green and economic living. Living in a tent, eating and cooking garden produce, riding a horse to work. It was glorious.
  • Options
    SkyeChimesSkyeChimes Posts: 376 Member

*Wall growth beds for plants and flowers. This would even extend to growing certain foods and spices indoors on sleek modern wall based flower beds. Also there is the possibility to control the beds Via smart home tablets (for watering and light).

*Solar panels and wall batteries. Everyone has heard of the tesla power wall by now right? Something similar, stores solar radiation from the sun and is used used to power your home. It should cut down on weekly bills.

*New electronically controlled tinting windows. There are some modern windows that can be controlled by electronics to tint themselves to block out all vision. For example a huge glass window in an apartment can see the entire city clearly, but with the press of a button tints the entire window pitch black, so much so that it looks like a wall. Controlled by that smart home panel.....again.

*Of course laundry machines that everybody wants and knows about. Also controlled by smart home devices.

*Maybe a line of water saving toilets and showers. Again cuts down on weekly bills.

I love these ideas! I agree the sims have become so modern they no longer have newspapers (instead pcs) or firemen (instead automatic sprinklers) so I would love to see some of these modern smart tech ideas in their homes! Smart homes! Solar panels!

Especially liked the idea of a living green wall / wall planter. (Or other modern indoor planter options) - to go with that maybe a grey water sprinkler for plants - an item you place that waters the plants automatically every time you shower or wash your hands?

Reduced bills for Eco options would be amazing.

A smart laundry collecting bot (like a robot vacuum but for clothes) would be good too - as much as I enjoy the idea of laundry returning , the piles of clothes all over the floor in any room I didn't account for a sim changing in (oh didn't know I needed a hamper by the pool, or in the gym, or....why is that sim changing in the kitchen dang it? ) drove some players, myself included mad! Plus not every bathroom and bedroom had room for a hamper.

An indoor laundry drying rack and outdoor drying line would play into the Eco aspect.

Composting and recycling would be cool -

Recycled pallet styled furniture could be neat too.

Moodlets for being sustainable by cooking using harvestables!
  • Options
    Catherine_HopCatherine_Hop Posts: 18 Member
    Okay, I love the bigger 6-chair round table. I think a laundry stuff pack should be a dirt-themed pack. So clothes get dirty, sims' can grow out of their clothes (their clothes look torn, you know, like the Hulk) when they age up and then need to plan new outfits at the dresser. Planning a new dresser should cost money, maybe a dollar, three dollars, I don't know. The floors should get dirty if you don't vacuum... etc.

I would also love to be able to switch stuff packs on and off at the loading menu.
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    Gonna start this off with, I don't think laundry makes sense in an eco friendly stuff pack.

I think it would be cool to see solar and wind power. Installing solar panels in your yard, or on the roof (perfect opportunity to add a solar shingle roof), or likewise a windmill (although these are less practical for residential lots) that would reduce or eliminate bills. I would hope they focused on build mode with it more than CAS and buy mode.
  • Options
    A1waysAJA1waysAJ Posts: 81 Member
    edited April 2017
    I would LOVE that little circular vacuum that travels on its own! That way when we have Pets the cats can ride around on it and the dogs can be scared of it or something! Thinking ahead here.
  • Options
    TrinityBabeTrinityBabe Posts: 23 New Member
    Yeah, I'll be honest- I have enough modern stuff, with packs and mods, so I'd love something eco-friendly to mean more... Hippie, natural living kind of thing. Maybe drop toilets? xD and stall-less showers that attach to walls? Really nice, muted colours, hippie clothing, BRING BACK THE DREADLOCKS FROM SIMS 3 WITH THE BEADS AND STUFF and just like, really natural, like, no water/electricity appliances, like a coldbox fridge? And improvements to gardening? Idk. Excited though :D
  • Options
    TriX0099TriX0099 Posts: 850 Member
    Yeah, I'll be honest- I have enough modern stuff, with packs and mods, so I'd love something eco-friendly to mean more... Hippie, natural living kind of thing. Maybe drop toilets? xD and stall-less showers that attach to walls? Really nice, muted colours, hippie clothing, BRING BACK THE DREADLOCKS FROM SIMS 3 WITH THE BEADS AND STUFF and just like, really natural, like, no water/electricity appliances, like a coldbox fridge? And improvements to gardening? Idk. Excited though :D

Would love the stall-less showers, and a portable icebox (finally a way to keep fish from decaying before you get home).
  • Options
    CeridwenCeridwen Posts: 228 Member
    Just wanted to chime in and say I love all of these ideas. The suggestions for other packs were okay, but I really, really want to see some of the fab eco ideas here in a real pack as soon as possible!

Laundry and eco appliances would be awesome, plus reduced bills from things like solar panels a la previous Sims games. Also the frameless windows mentioned upthread would be a welcome addition (even if I do tend to build traditional, older style housing, I like options).
  • Options
    WiggleyTuffWiggleyTuff Posts: 600 Member
    I voted for the eco pack as number one as a slight hope for more stairs options rather than anything else haha. The stairs we have are just standard ones, id like to have L-shaped ones in several variations(as some stairs up and turn around for more stairs or 50/50 stairs like in apartments stairs) It would also be cool to be able to add some greenery to the stairs and more stuff over all. I like the flowers, trees etc that we have but I would like to have more xD