Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why are they so lacking on men's hairstyles?

When I look at CC on line, there is a lot of different variations, and styles for the guys. I haven't gotten the Bowling pack yet, but I did look at the things and styles that are included in it. With the bowling pack you get 2 female hairstyles, and only one for the guys. And the problem is that hairstyle is almost the exact same hairstyle that is in the Spa Day pack. Oh one has a little more poof to the top, but otherwise looks the same.

I would love to see a few hairstyles from Sims 3 make a return to Sims 4.

Comments

• Options
    aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Because they have yet to realize we manly men can look fabulous too! :blush:
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I want all my sims to look good, not just the ladies.
  • Options
    BatmanSimmerBatmanSimmer Posts: 248 Member
    I agree. I get that it is normal to have more styles for females because women's fashion does tend to have more variety, however recently they have just been recycling the same thing over and over again for men. My female sims have so much style, but the guys are becoming boring compared to them.
    Happy Simming!
  • Options
    ShampuruShampuru Posts: 90 Member
    edited March 2017
    The lack of options for male sims when it comes to CAS has always bothered me throughout the entire series. Sims 2 was especially bad about this. They've been giving us more than they used to though which I'm thankful for, but options still feel limited compared to females.
  • Options
    ImperialCircusImperialCircus Posts: 31 Member
    I agree completely. The lack of good CAS content for the males is the main reason why I personally look through some of the female clothing and hair options for my male sims now. Everything made for them just looks the same and recycled.
  • Options
    MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    I agree. I get that it is normal to have more styles for females because women's fashion does tend to have more variety, however recently they have just been recycling the same thing over and over again for men. My female sims have so much style, but the guys are becoming boring compared to them.

This. Even trying to find male cc is difficult because maxis makes barely any content for males.
  • Options
    Irkie500Irkie500 Posts: 5 New Member
    Not to mention that every CC for a male seems to be tailored to a male model with makeup on or a gym bro. I found 1-2 generic T shirt packs on TSR and Zero hairstyles that I like. It hurts they don't get any attention. What about a nice collection of button downs, more jackets, t shirts, tailored slacks, things like that?
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,407 Member
    edited March 2017
    I think the male hairstyles in TS4 are quite good. And beards are for some reason difficult to make as a guru has explained. I would like some new sleeping outfits for the men. When night falls I really miss TS3 Mastersuite Stuff :D .
  • Options
    DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member
    I just want more underwear! I don't care if it's brought to you by Fruit of the loom just please give male Sims more underwear. How about a freezer bunny undie that says "Bun" on the back! How about a cinnamon roll? A super llama boxer brief? Underwear that offers seven types of scents for that romantic whoohoo including "I didn't flush" "Didn't wash down there" and "Banana Flavor". Let's start somewhere to get men to wear something new when they want to go to bed!
  • Options
    SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    I just want more underwear! I don't care if it's brought to you by Fruit of the loom just please give male Sims more underwear. How about a freezer bunny undie that says "Bun" on the back! How about a cinnamon roll? A super llama boxer brief? Underwear that offers seven types of scents for that romantic whoohoo including "I didn't flush" "Didn't wash down there" and "Banana Flavor". Let's start somewhere to get men to wear something new when they want to go to bed!

Why do you care? You're always naked! How about scents such as "grass stains" "a dog peed here" "leather couch sweat" and "new car smell".
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• Options
    starcrunchstarcrunch Posts: 672 Member
    I always want more stuff, but for me it's casual clothes (especially shorts, pants, and undergarments) that seem most in need of content. Formal wear and hair aren't things I'd say no to, especially more casual hair, but even now I find myself giving thanks that male Sims hair in Sims 4 is so much better than it was in Sims 2 (I skipped 3 mostly).
    OriginID: CrunchedStars
  • Options
    DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member

Why do you care? You're always naked! How about scents such as "grass stains" "a dog peed here" "leather couch sweat" and "new car smell".

Why do I have a feeling I'm starting to get a "Naked' reputation around here? LOL. If I go through the loading screen will people forget my Sims are nude twenty four seven such as my "naked politician" who uses nudity and confidence to encourage Sims to donate to his cause....but I do enjoy your ideas though so it's time to make it happen....

AFqvd6l.png

sAknmo4.png
  • Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    I miss master suite pack baaaad.

But I think dudes need more long pants options. And I think more punk/leather, options ~personally~
  • Options
    TrowiciaTrowicia Posts: 2,027 Member
    I've resorted to more (Maxis Match) CC for male sims due to the lack of content for them from Maxis themselves.
    I agree it is kind of a letdown how lacking they always are when it comes to delivering CAS content for the guys.
    // take me back to 2018.
  • Options
    plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    Well, there is a growing tendancy for people to stick female hair on male Sims - so Maxis probably think they are killing 2 birds with one stone.

Maybe they are getting mixed signals from the more vocal people who want to swap genders with those that aren't bothered and don't mention it.

I personally, have no interest in sticking female hair on a a male Sim or vice versa - but I have never mentioned it.
  • Options
    dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,221 Member
    I'd definitely love some more classy haircuts for men.
  • Options
    m11kjm11kj Posts: 410 Member
    More stuff in general for male sims please. All ages. They lack everything compared to female sims. The available hairstyles are either fashionally outdated or too rare to use. Not to mention for males in particular, the art team seem to have created one hair w one specific sim in mind, so the hair ends up only fitting that (kind of) sim's head. If you spend a lot of time in cas for male sims youll see what i mean.

Also...more decent male shoes please. Where's the classic, low ankle oxford w shoelaces that you see every suit guy nowadays wear to work? Where's vans or high ankle converse??? Where's the decent, modern looking loafers that dont look like they are from the 80s? Not every guy runs around in NB or basketball shoes. Not every guy lacks fashion sense:'( and not every guy is a vampire or punk :(

W79XhDj.png
  • Options
    NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    I think they don't know what to do with male hair anymore... Everything they've been releasing are variations of hairstyles we already have. There's so much more they could do, but they can't be creative with the men as they can with woman. Even woman hair has been similar to what we already have to be honest. I don't know what they will do with 2+ years of packs ahead of us...
  • Options
    ZsoltyZsolty Posts: 10 New Member
    I actually really like the hairstyles for guys we have in the game but I don't think they can offer anything else at this point. Us guys tend to just recycle hairstyles all the time. Women have much more variety and originality fashion-wise in real life so that reflects here.
  • Options
    trulyoutrageoustrulyoutrageous Posts: 245 Member
    They really are. Especially afro textured hair. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I think the only two options I've seen were dreads and an afro. Oh and there's the infamous super low cut "fade" I believe ... but like, lol. Dassit. Like, where my Bruno Mars inspired hairstyles at other than the doowop one?
    supersonic, simobotic, disconnected, not respected, who would ever really wanna go and top that?

tumblr_np8nzkY5xK1rkqz3ho9_r1_250.gif
  • Options
    KaraStarsKaraStars Posts: 242 Member
    I feel like sims has always lacked in male clothing and hair. I tend to make females a lot more because I just can't seem to style males how I want to :/ There isn't that much cc for males either
    My CC
    KaraStars on the Gallery
  • Options
    ohmyohmyohmyohmy Posts: 614 Member
    it's been like this since the sims 3..? i actually feel like they have a bunch of hairstyles for white male sims but they're really lacking in afro textured hairstyles for men.
  • Options
    AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    I'd really love some facial hair that isn't awful. Out of them all, there are only one or two that I regularly use.
  • Options
    ratsrbestratsrbest Posts: 579 Member
    I've started to add a few custom hairs but they show up Maxis hairs so much. Before I had the cc I was more happy with the game hair than I'd expected to be but just needed more variety. Now I just really want more cc :)

I have one little pet peeve - the hair shown in the the thumbnails is black which I've always found to be the most poorly done out of all the hair colours. There never seems to be any shade or subtlety to it. Brown or gold blonde would illustrate the hair to far better effect, imo.

Don't feed the trolls
  • Options
    foussifoussi Posts: 642 Member
    I dunno, most of the maxis men hairstyles look a bit similiar each time. I have a lot of CC to fix that problem, 45 files.