Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

GLITCHED DOOR

Hey guys, my doors on my lot aren't working. Whenever a sim goes to the door, they stop, and wave their hand around to indicate something is in the way; but their speech bubble has the door in it.

http://imgur.com/a/MoRzT

I've already tried
-Replacing the door
-Replacing the door with single doors AND double doors
-Saving the lot, demolishing the old lot, and putting the new one in
-Placing the lot somewhere else
-Changing the lot to residental, and community
-Changing it to different types of community lots (Hangouts, Dive Bar, etc)

Thank you!

Comments

• Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    Is it just that one lot, or all doors in the world?

Have you tried moving the door location on that lot (i.e. to another spot on the wall, or putting additional doors into the building?

Did you build the lot yourself? It is CC lot or an EA lot? I wonder if use of 'moveobjects on' or 'constrainfloorevelation' might be a cause.
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    This probably isn't very likely given the description above, but still worth asking. Do you have any mods in play that affect door locking? If you have one that is outdated, your sims could be locked out without your realizing it.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    GracefellGracefell Posts: 154 Member
    @TreyNutz I have tried multiple doors, they're all locked. I built the lot myself, and I did use "moveobjects on", but I turned it off to put the door in. Thanks for answering!
  • Options
    GracefellGracefell Posts: 154 Member
    @Igazor No, I don't have any mods concerning that. Thank you for answering though!
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Are you using any hidden room markers/level skip markers? Last time I had this issue, that was the problem - one of these BuyDebug items mis-placed.
  • Options
    ShojoDaggerShojoDagger Posts: 320 Member
    edited March 2017
    Gracefell wrote: »
    @TreyNutz I have tried multiple doors, they're all locked

They're "all locked" ? Either you meant that they're unlocked & mistyped, or you need to try completely unlocking them.

Igazor asked if you had any door locking mods, but I'm wondering if you have NRaas's GoHere? It's for correcting routing errors, it might be worth trying in case it's a routing issue.

If you already have GoHere or if you try it & it doesn't help, you might try deleting the doors first, then do the reset, copy, demolish, replace thing again then put new doors in the replaced lot. Maybe the problem is with the doors themselves & was copied with the lot when you did it the first time?

EDIT: I had another thought. In the picture, it looks like the lot is a store or something similar, are you sure it isn't just "closed"? I sounds kind of obvious I guess, but the first time I encountered a closed venue I was surprised & didn't realize at first why I couldn't get in. Then I saw there was a notification I had missed, it was the one saying the building was closed *derp on me*.

Have you tried checking the lot's current hours & making sure you're trying to go in when the lot says it should be open? Going to map view & hovering over the map tag should bring up a tip showing the building's operational hours. If it says the place should be open but you still can't get in then it's a definitely a glitch.

When you were changing the lot's type etc. any operational hours should've been reset automatically as you changed it, but who knows when it comes to glitches.

Post edited by ShojoDagger on
    I uploaded something! (yay) My Studio
    Enjoy!