Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I just bought the sims 2 again - with expansions!!

StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
edited March 2017 in The Sims 2
Omg the nogstalia!!! I just opened up the pleasnt family, about to wreak havok.

I bought university, open for business and double deluxe.

Im so happy i decided to buy it again!!!

Had anyone else purchased it recently or bought this game again?
The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.

Comments

• Options
    SataiDelennnSataiDelennn Posts: 1,265 Member
    Unfortunately, no, since there's nowhere for me to go and buy them. I'd love to get my hands on the Pets expansion pack, but that's about it.
  • Options
    Unfortunately, no, since there's nowhere for me to go and buy them. I'd love to get my hands on the Pets expansion pack, but that's about it.

I ordered mine used online through amazon, since they also dont sell them in stores near me. At first I hestitated to buy since I wasnt sure it would work on my laptop, but it works fine!

• Options
    Well, I guess I'll never get Pets then. I don't do online shopping. I just don't trust it. But congrats on getting the packs you wanted.
  • Options
    Well, I guess I'll never get Pets then. I don't do online shopping. I just don't trust it. But congrats on getting the packs you wanted.

Thank you! The graphics are so old lol but its such a fun game. Hoping you come across it in person! Thrifting, maybe?

• Options
    BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 960 Member
    edited March 2017

Ok. I suggest you send Lilith Pleasant to college right away as her "terrible" grades are just enough for college, and make Dirk Dreamer apply for scholarship and join her. Before moving them into a dorm, I suggest you upgrade a dorm. The cheat "boolprop dormspecifictoolsdisabled false" might be useful, but at least upgrade the beds and the kitchen, and perhaps add a car or a helicopter. You might add some sims from the student bin at college to the college, too.
    When I send Lilith to college, she actually did great. From my point of view, she really needs and deserve some success and getting away from her parents. (Edit III: Her behavior might be bad, too, but great on a scale from cheer leader to cow, and so far, I have even graduated several cow mascots with honors.)

Edit II: Even with upgraded dormiteries, moving into dorms are free of charge, and somehow living there might be significant cheaper after the upgrade. Unfortunately, cars and helicopters tend to disappear when the dorms are reset after the last playable sim leaves, and the want for a car is not fullfilled by a helicopter.

No, I did not buy the game again, but might soon need to buy 'Mansion and Garden Stuff' pack again as the current dvd is not working well now.
    Post edited by BoergeAarg61 on
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Hi :)

Woot~ I hope you have lots of Fun! :mrgreen:

• Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Actually, it's rather easy still to get TS2 ultimate collection entirely for free from Origin as long as you own at least one original cd (base game or EP, they don't care). Officially, this offer no longer exists but if you chat with them and tell them you're looking for it (or even that you've heard of the offer to get it from them), they'll ask you for a photo of your cd + key and they will add the entire rest of the collection for free directly to your origin account. There's a thread about that .. hang on, here:

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/814708/how-to-get-ts2-ultimate-collection-windows/p32
  • Options
    Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member

If you don't want to get the Ultimate Collection but want Pets buy can't find somewhere local and don't trust putting your card info online, you could buy a Visa or MasterCard Gift Card and then use that on the site. Or if it's a site like Amazon, find a local store that sells Amazon Gift Cards and buy one of them. Then your card info isn't online at all, but you can still get the benefits of it.
  • Options
    edited March 2017

No, I did not buy the game again, but might soon need to buy 'Mansion and Garden Stuff' pack again as the current dvd is not working well now.

Interesting. I played a different route. Had daniel cheat, got exposed by parent and kids, had lilith flirt with her sisters boyfriend breaking them up, and had karylnn fall out of love with daniel by having daniel flirt with hia wife again. Good times, good times.

• Options
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    Actually, it's rather easy still to get TS2 ultimate collection entirely for free from Origin as long as you own at least one original cd (base game or EP, they don't care). Officially, this offer no longer exists but if you chat with them and tell them you're looking for it (or even that you've heard of the offer to get it from them), they'll ask you for a photo of your cd + key and they will add the entire rest of the collection for free directly to your origin account. There's a thread about that .. hang on, here:

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/814708/how-to-get-ts2-ultimate-collection-windows/p32

Thanks for sharing! Oddly enough, I dont want the ultimate collection. Just a few expansions packs is all I wanted.

• Options

Thanks for sharing! Oddly enough, I dont want the ultimate collection. Just a few expansions packs is all I wanted.

I don't always use all of it either :) Though it was actually a response to @SataiDelennn since she said she couldn't find it anywhere (and others who might not know & may be looking) :)
  • Options

I'm with you! I like just the base game and while I haven't sent anyone to Uni yet, I like using the decorations from it to build and decorate houses, especially the band stuff, and the pool table. I just wish I could have gotten the Uni stove to work on community lots. *sigh* But yes, finding a way to get Pets expansion pack would be great. If I could get the disc at a store, it would be ideal.
  • Options

I don't always use all of it either :) Though it was actually a response to @SataiDelennn since she said she couldn't find it anywhere (and others who might not know & may be looking) :)

Thanks, but I'm well aware of the UC. I just don't want anything downloadable from Origin. Really, I don't want a digital copy of the game. I want discs.
  • Options

Thanks, but I'm well aware of the UC. I just don't want anything downloadable from Origin. Really, I don't want a digital copy of the game. I want discs.

I've got both. Just in case my DVD drive breaks and I have to reinstall. And it installs nicer as it uses a modern installer instead of older ones and you don't have to patch it. In my case my old desktop had to be put into sleep mode to patch the game for the earlier EP's, so it was less anxiety causing to just use the UC when I got my new desktop.

Even if you never ever install it, it wouldn't hurt anything to get the UC. Just in case in the future when you do want it, it's not available to get via this method anymore. Who knows when EA will stop giving it out since it's at EA support discretion.
  • Options
    CandydCandyd Posts: 1,261 Member

Me ! I just need to get Free time and Apartment life and then I have all EPs.
    I haven't played with it much yet as I want to enjoy the game with all it has to offer before I truly take the time to explore. But I love it already. The characters and their reactions are totally awesome <3
  • Options
    Candyd wrote: »

I haven't played with it much yet as I want to enjoy the game with all it has to offer before I truly take the time to explore. But I love it already. The characters and their reactions are totally awesome <3

Yes, its so much fun! I made another household just to plop more sims in my new neighboorhood, but it was so much fun playing I got distracted lol

I havent played freetime or apartment life - which do you think is better? In case I add another on in the future.

• Options

Whoops! Sorry XD

• Options
    CandydCandyd Posts: 1,261 Member
    Candyd wrote: »

Yes, its so much fun! I made another household just to plop more sims in my new neighboorhood, but it was so much fun playing I got distracted lol

I havent played freetime or apartment life - which do you think is better? In case I add another on in the future.

I haven't tried them yet but I'm really looking forward to adding Free Time, because I want a secondary aspiration and to help my sims developing their skills.
  • Options

Whoops! Sorry XD

Na don't apologize haha, turns out she didn't need it :D I thought maybe you guys had been looking, didn't realize you didn't want everything.

Happy simming! <3
  • Options
    SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    @StrawberryYogurt

I hope you have fun it sounds like you are-) my first series was the 3 series and I went backwards to get series 2 and then 1 lol I could not believe that most of the animations I always wanted in my 3 game were in 2-) I spent hours shopping, serving meals, dating and generally watching in amazement how easy it was to create mayhem and watch all those lovely animations :)

I am using the UC version but found a really good ebayer that sold me the whole series on disc for a very reasonable price which are now wrapped and tucked away carefully should I need them for future use. I am glad to hear you managed to get your discs running fine on your laptop that's definitely a plus :)
  • Options
    nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    edited March 2017

@SataiDelennn - Just checked on Amazon.com and there is a Like New copy of Pets with a working key/activation code for $7.98 total ($3.99 + shipping). Because it is advertised this way that means you get the Amazon guarantee if the product is not up to standards. The seller is HotCharlie. This is for the PC version. You can get the Mac version for $8.99 through Amazon Prime (with free shipping).

Happy Simming!
  • Options
    AssimuloAssimulo Posts: 1,322 Member
    Yep, I just purchased the super collection around two weeks ago and the first thing I did was start drama with the Pleasant family, eventually killing them all in a fire the bad daughter started. Although the maid died of starvation, and the good daughter died of starvation in college after working herself to death. The second maid actually died in another fire. So now there's five graves in the backyard, plus one at the dormitory.
  • Options

@SataiDelennn - Just checked on Amazon.com and there is a Like New copy of Pets with a working key/activation code for $7.98 total ($3.99 + shipping). Because it is advertised this way that means you get the Amazon guarantee if the product is not up to standards. The seller is HotCharlie. This is for the PC version. You can get the Mac version for $8.99 through Amazon Prime (with free shipping).

Happy Simming!

Thank you, but I don't shop online. I've mentioned previously that I just don't trust it. It would have to be in a game store or Best Buy or some place like that.
  • Options

Happy Simming!

Thank you, but I don't shop online. I've mentioned previously that I just don't trust it. It would have to be in a game store or Best Buy or some place like that.

What about my suggestion of buying a Gift Card - either a generic Visa one or a store specific one? You can make that purchase in a physical store and the use the gift card online.
  • Options
    Seera1024 wrote: »

Happy Simming!

What about my suggestion of buying a Gift Card - either a generic Visa one or a store specific one? You can make that purchase in a physical store and the use the gift card online.

Those Visa cards charge fees. I won't hold a regular card that charges an annual fee, I'm certainly not going to buy a Visa that charges a fee. It's just the principle of the thing. But thank you.