Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Gender Patch Frustration Continues (btw, Literally made three threads today :p)

Ever since that patch has rolled out, all voice tones have been made available to both of the sexes. Anyways, my MALE kid aged up and for some 🐸🐸🐸🐸 REASON HE HAS THE SWEET VOICE TONE AND I CAN'T EDIT IT UNTIL I CHEAT AND IT IS JUST TOO FRUSTRATING!! THIS PATCH IS NOT FREAKING OPTIONAL....*calms down*

So much for optional....
Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?

Comments

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    It's a known bug, but a recent one since the Toddlers patch, not since the gender patch. You can edit it without using a cheat if you go in through Manage Households.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    SSDSSDSSD2SSDSSDSSD2 Posts: 217 Member
    I don't like this either, but the fix is simple. Hopefully they fix it, but manually doing it shouldn't be a problem.
  • Options
    WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
    It's a known bug, but a recent one since the Toddlers patch, not since the gender patch. You can edit it without using a cheat if you go in through Manage Households.

Ah, good to know.

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options
    WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
    SSDSSDSSD2 wrote: »
    I don't like this either, but the fix is simple. Hopefully they fix it, but manually doing it shouldn't be a problem.

The fix is simple alright but if it continuously happens then it is just irritating and not fun.

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,581 Member

That's good to know, thank you. My female Sim's singing voice is so low, she can barely hit the notes! Yikes.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    gummybear0724gummybear0724 Posts: 1,146 Member
    I've never not had all the voices???
  • Options
    JestinaJestina Posts: 1,609 Member
    It's gotten crazy. Today I encountered this. I'm not sure if it's intentional with CL or a bug. I think it's time my sim packed up his family and found another apartment though.

03-06-17_10-42-54AM_zpsinounlbz.png
  • Options
    PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    Jestina wrote: »
    It's gotten crazy. Today I encountered this. I'm not sure if it's intentional with CL or a bug. I think it's time my sim packed up his family and found another apartment though.

Intentional, it happens when you go knock on the noisy neighbor"s door when you see hearts emerging from the door.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Jestina wrote: »

It's intentional and funny as plum :D
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • Options
    DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    I'm still not fond of that patch either just because it felt more like free publicity rather than an in-demand patch. It just tends to pop up with obnoxious bugs from time to time, personally I don't really make use of the features, a lot of the retextures and the like just seem poorly done, and I'm not a fan of townies getting hit with the stuff on occassion. There's a hairstyle or two that I think looks REALLY dumb on the opposite gender, but it's now marked neutral and townies don't know the difference.

The whole thing just seems like something they should've done at release, and if not, forget it. Kinda annoying to think this ate into dev time, and not because it was some highly demanded feature, but because EA felt they'd get good publicity for it. Terrible priorities.
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    edited March 2017
    I like the patch. I think it's a great thing for the community.
    But I don't like the associated bugs. I have a male sim who wears a suit to work with heels, I have another who's bathing suit is a female one piece instead of the trunks I picked for him.
    I hate the issue with boys when they age, getting the sweet voice. I know how to fix it but it's getting to be a little frustrating having to do it every time.

I'm all for the gender patch but I don't want all my male sims to wear female clothes. The same way I don't want all my sims obsessed with reading vampire books and getting married. The game is riddled with bugs at the moment :(
  • Options
    LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,828 Member
    I like the patch. I think it's a great thing for the community.
    But I don't like the associated bugs. I have a male sim who wears a suit to work with heels, I have another who's bathing suit is a female one piece instead of the trunks I picked for him.
    I hate the issue with boys when they age, getting the sweet voice. I know how to fix it but it's getting to be a little frustrating having to do it every time.

I'm all for the gender patch but I don't want all my male sims to wear female clothes. The same way I don't want all my sims obsessed with reading vampire books and getting married. The game is riddled with bugs at the moment :(

The moment being since release
  • Options
    UnrealRootUnrealRoot Posts: 307 Member
    On my game the bar is messed up (or was haven't checked in a while) where if I select the sweet voice the bar goes all the way down it's weird.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    UnrealRoot wrote: »
    On my game the bar is messed up (or was haven't checked in a while) where if I select the sweet voice the bar goes all the way down it's weird.

Hello.
    Try testing to see if the issue remains. The issue may have been resolved in your game.
  • Options
    DesertSimmer1971DesertSimmer1971 Posts: 498 Member
    Wulfsimmer wrote: »
    Ever since that patch has rolled out, all voice tones have been made available to both of the sexes. Anyways, my MALE kid aged up and for some plum REASON HE HAS THE SWEET VOICE TONE AND I CAN'T EDIT IT UNTIL I CHEAT AND IT IS JUST TOO FRUSTRATING!! THIS PATCH IS NOT FREAKING OPTIONAL....*calms down*

So much for optional....

I am also so completely frustrated about the Gender Patch not being optional. I haven't played with kids since the beginning of January. Ironically, the game I had been playing at the time, I had aged up my sim's baby 2 days before they released the Toddler Patch. I stopped playing that game, not because my sim couldn't have another baby to "try out the toddlers", but because the child sim and his father were having a friendly conversation and somehow developed a flirty, romantic relationship with his son. I was completely grossed out with that as a mother and grandmother, so I stopped playing the family. BTW, no mods/CC or aura producing decorations were in the house, so the "incest bug" was either never fixed or has returned.

Then I got extremely sick for a while (what else is new) and wasn't able to play for about a month, but I did watch a lot of "let's Plays" during the weeks I was stuck in bed on my iPad. A lot of Youtuber's also had issues with the romantic bar and toddlers as well, although most just skipped over it, as promoters of the game, they never mention anything negative or bugs though.

I only mention the incest issue as it is another example of "bugs" that should not be in the game, and the Gender Options were supposed to be just that, OPTIONAL, but instead are forced on everybody to deal with them.

The term optional means you have a choice on whether or not you use this feature in your game. I would like to exercise the option to not use this feature in my game.

I have read, and re-read the patch notes from June 2, 2016. It says the options will be available in CAS for the sim the player is currently editing or creating. Furthermore, in the same Patch notes under Outdoor Retreat, it states that the Hermite will properly wear their Hermiting outfit while doing Hermite things or something to that effect.

Fast forward to my current game. I reset my sims 4 game after installing Vampires. I have all the packs so far. I started with a male and female sim that were roommates. I did move out the male sim to another household, and just playing that female sim. My sim was working on the naturalist aspiration and herbal ism and what was the Hermite in the game wearing? I think he started out in the Hermite outfit although I don't really remember, but changed into a pink sweater, skirt, heels, make-up and accessories, and has stayed in the outfit since then. I did clear cache files, repair game, and traveled to Granite Falls several times to finish the aspiration, get the fish and complete the insect collection. Same Hermite and continues as a Transgender or Cross Dresser. It seems to me that EA and the Developer's have decided that pushing the LBGTQ Agenda is more important than player choice. Looks like the game is deciding to randomly push Transgender and Cross Dressing into the game.

I have nothing against LBGTQ or even the patch itself, but it is supposed to be optional and the way the patch is working, every single random townie is using the gender options. I have had less than 5 Vampires spawn in this save of over 100 hours of play, but the game has not created one normal family, or regular male or female sim in this save. Every single random generated townie is Transgender in the manage households. Every single one. I only play a couple of hours at a time. I have aging off, do not allow the game to fill empty houses, and do not play rotational and playing a vanilla game. I want to see what all one sim can accomplish with careers, aspirations without cheats or mods and see if the some of the bugs that are reported on here are consistent with a vanilla game. My husband has had some of the same glitches in his game (2 separate accounts, which yes makes us stupid for buying all the packs twice), but he also has glitches that I don't and he uses MC Command Center and CC.

I am not trying to offend anyone who wants these type of sims in their own games. Live and let live, by all means, but simmer's, such as myself should also have a say in the sims that I want in my game too.