Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Did you know that the big stuffed bear has emotions? I didn't until now.

One of my sims has the Childish trait, and at the moment she's married, but in no hurry to have any children. Anyways, because she lives in a home that has a Vampire Lair lot trait, the vampire council sent her a big stuffed vampire bear, and she has really loves this thing.

When she first started interacting with it.
16991977_747609508722680_722723740227273237_o.jpg?oh=3746376091a55646609be13513c504c8&oe=594AA43E

And after a while the bear became very happy.
16903234_747609542056010_1749938433828167259_o.jpg?oh=064f45f3c3f0ef8af309c9ddfbbe8b54&oe=594952E5

But because of things happening, she got very busy, and she didn't have a whole lot of time to play with her friend, until one night she noticed he was sad, and there was an option to cheer him up.
16819154_747609405389357_8414997657990971656_o.jpg?oh=a8572064eb375503625414bde996c5e7&oe=5945DF6B

Comments

• Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    That's amazing! I had no idea!
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
  • Options
    emmaningemmaning Posts: 3,407 Member
    smarter sims, weirder stories.
    (just quoting the packaging)
    feKqkxf.jpg

My blog: ning's backlog
    Don't forget the forum rules are on the forum- go find 'em!
  • Options
    PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member
    Aww, it's cute:3
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    edited February 2017
    I bet the bears moods arent over ridden by a nice painting :p

I didn't actually know they had emotions. Interesting!
  • Options
    Keks_MilchKeks_Milch Posts: 513 Member
    Thats really cute! Makes me hopeful to see the return of imaginary friends! :smile:
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,882 Member
    Such a cute feature. Love it when they hug the stuffed animals. <3
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    I think the kids ordinary stuffed animals have the same thing. I forget to play with them. But I do sometimes see the kids playing with them.
    I really like your stuffed vampire, his so cute.
  • Options
    theyellowshoetheyellowshoe Posts: 288 Member

Very interesting, wonder if they work with no kids, toddlers, no "Childish trait". Interesting indeed!
    s6e07-dash-smile.gif

Yes I'm a Brony!
  • Options
    emmaningemmaning Posts: 3,407 Member
    I think the kids ordinary stuffed animals have the same thing. I forget to play with them. But I do sometimes see the kids playing with them.
    I really like your stuffed vampire, his so cute.

If you mean the giant bear ones, I don't think they do that. But they might after the latest patch or Vampires or it could just be exclusive to the new bear. Last time I had a sim kick one, the thing was still smiling. Not sure if this has changed.
    feKqkxf.jpg

My blog: ning's backlog
    Don't forget the forum rules are on the forum- go find 'em!
  • Options
    SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    Yes, I've seen this in my game. All of the big stuffed animals react. Such a cute little detail.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• Options
    Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    Fascinating.
  • Options
    ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    Wow, I had no idea! No more kids punching the bears then O.O
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,579 Member
    Yes, I've seen this in my game. All of the big stuffed animals react. Such a cute little detail.

I have never noticed it before. Thanks for the heads up! Now, I'm really leery about allowing the toddler to take out his anger on the toy! (Tragic attack of the stuffed toys, film at eleven.)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    I'll have to find some of my pics later when I get home. I think it was the special bunny I got from collecting eggs one year. That was when I noticed it. (Btw, letting your sad child sims cry it out with their stuffed friend is one of the saddest and most adorable interactions they have.)
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• Options
    AddisAdaAddisAda Posts: 208 Member
    My bears always have their eyes closed when I buy them, but after a while when my kids have played with them and are becoming friends they open their eyes. Don't think I have seen a sad one. It's adorable :smile:
  • Options
    Unordinary25Unordinary25 Posts: 24 Member
    That's so cute because just when I want to dislike the game by getting bored with it something new just pops right up that I never discovered before, like the doors crack open, even when noisy neighbors are loud living in the city, must have came along with city living, but I also realized that some curtains move like the wind is blowing them if you watch them for a couple of seconds. There are lots of hidden things within this game if you pay close attention.
  • Options
    PancakesandwichPancakesandwich Posts: 2,038 Member
    That's so cute because just when I want to dislike the game by getting bored with it something new just pops right up that I never discovered before, like the doors crack open, even when noisy neighbors are loud living in the city, must have came along with city living, but I also realized that some curtains move like the wind is blowing them if you watch them for a couple of seconds. There are lots of hidden things within this game if you pay close attention.
    @Unordinary25
    If your Sim was an enemy of another Sim who just died, the surviving one will be happy instead of sad.
    Some Sims are left-handed. You can see that if they grab a glass with the left hand for example. It's entirely random and not shown in text form anywhere.
    Sad Sims will have different animations for eating and getting out of the bed for example. That really makes them look sad.

And that's just a few things I can instantly think of, there is an infinite amount of other details. I love how those little things are added in - they make everything more life-like even if it's just a background thing - even though it's unlikely that many people are going to notice them.
    But this also makes the game much more interesting to look at. If sad Sims act differently then that adds a lot of immersion to every situation they take part in. If curtains are moving in the wind then this subtle and barely consciously visible movement still makes the house look less static and more like an actual house.
  • Options
    OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    edited February 2017
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    One of my sims has the Childish trait, and at the moment she's married, but in no hurry to have any children. Anyways, because she lives in a home that has a Vampire Lair lot trait, the vampire council sent her a big stuffed vampire bear, and she has really loves this thing.

When she first started interacting with it.
    16991977_747609508722680_722723740227273237_o.jpg?oh=3746376091a55646609be13513c504c8&oe=594AA43E

And after a while the bear became very happy.
    16903234_747609542056010_1749938433828167259_o.jpg?oh=064f45f3c3f0ef8af309c9ddfbbe8b54&oe=594952E5

But because of things happening, she got very busy, and she didn't have a whole lot of time to play with her friend, until one night she noticed he was sad, and there was an option to cheer him up.
    16819154_747609405389357_8414997657990971656_o.jpg?oh=a8572064eb375503625414bde996c5e7&oe=5945DF6B

Eep! It's so freackin cute! Thanks so much for sharing your little story with us, I did not know they showed emotions and I have a bear in my household for the toddlers and kids....

I'm going to be paying close attention now! :)
  • Options
    trulyoutrageoustrulyoutrageous Posts: 245 Member
    That is so adorable! I had no idea and my sim has one in her home she interacts with! I'll be watching it from now on.
    supersonic, simobotic, disconnected, not respected, who would ever really wanna go and top that?

tumblr_np8nzkY5xK1rkqz3ho9_r1_250.gif
  • Options
    ThatWinterSimmerThatWinterSimmer Posts: 5 New Member
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »

It has feelings... o.o
  • Options
    rosepuckettrosepuckett Posts: 55 Member
    I had no clue!!
  • Options
    AncaryvanAncaryvan Posts: 736 Member
    So are the bear and bunnies. No one pays such attention till NOW? There are others who are horrified to see stuff bear with emotion like this. :lol:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65VG4IacGsg
    I literally play this music above when playing Sims 4! Cozy and Fuzzy
  • Options
    Simslover163Simslover163 Posts: 2,833 Member
    edited March 2017
    I've started paying attention ever since I spent most of my time watching my Childish Sim playing with his stuffed animals. I always make sure their eyes stay happy looking or stay neutral. When they get sad, it crushes my heart. :( Hitting them or being meant to them makes it worse.

Note that toddlers are unable to change the stuffed animals' moods. I've let my toddler Sims play with the stuffed animals with their sad eyes and they still remain sad, regardless of how many times my toddler Sims play with them.
    sEgXZ52.jpg
    Sims 3 Blog | Tales from Veronica L. Hopkins High | Camellia Treasures (Coming Soon)
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I've started paying attention ever since I spent most of my time watching my Childish Sim playing with his stuffed animals. I always make sure their eyes stay happy looking or stay neutral. When they get sad, it crushes my heart. :( Hitting them or being meant to them makes it worse.

Note that toddlers are unable to change the stuffed animals' moods. I've let my toddler Sims play with the stuffed animals with their sad eyes and they still remain sad, regardless of how many times my toddler Sims play with them.

I wonder if maybe who worked on the toddlers, might have forgotten to add that little part to the toddlers.