Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I left the game on last night by accident..

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    Dreamie209 wrote: »
    I'm so jelly! :bawling: My sims never died on me randomly before since I've had TS4 and It's something I'm really missing. I've been persistent though, but so far nothing :disappointed: .

O: your sims must be happy lol, mine was just so angry, and my sim called James was laughing... then Sebastian died (the first time) and then realisation hit James. His friend was dead. and he started crying, that's what you get when you laugh at your angry friend.

Whoaaa! Gaah that's the kind of play i've been looking for. Okay that settles it. Tonight I'm sooo doing this!!!!!!! X_x I bet with my bad luck I'll wake up and they'll be eating breakfast like "U Mad Tho? :trollface: " :lol:
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    That stinks. Now I wanna know how your sims died. XD
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    Sebastian and his family died alone, stripped of their free will and questioning what they had done to be abandoned by the benevolent being who once controlled them.

Happy Simming!

eg50ci.png

One thing about that scene that in hindsight, I love about spn, is that Chuck was actually telling them the truth, only they didn't believe him of course*g*

• Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    Dreamie209 wrote: »
    I'm so jelly! :bawling: My sims never died on me randomly before since I've had TS4 and It's something I'm really missing. I've been persistent though, but so far nothing :disappointed: .

Haha maybe try leaving your game on before you go to bed!
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    PancakesandwichPancakesandwich Posts: 2,038 Member
    @liliaeth
    Oh god! That's gross! Put that thing in a spoiler! PLEASE!
    :D
  • Options
    liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    @liliaeth

uhm, how
  • Options
    FairytalesFairytales Posts: 64 Member
    I guess I now know to make sure I save and exit :)
    26394146969_b2752af22f_m.jpg
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,579 Member
    This reminds me of years ago. I was heavily involved in the Sims2. Addicted, you might say. Well, others were posting about leaving the game on and seeing what would happen. Me? I was always too much of a control-freak to allow it. However, Superbowl was coming up. I had two sets of the neighborhood teens (YAs) in University. I wanted to get them through and graduated. But, I had a house in RL (mine) to clean and make ready for the annual Party. So, I made the conscious choice to start my game, get into the boys' dorm and allow them to play — without me. I set up their queues for the ones I needed to follow a certain track and then walked away from the computer! I would dust a room, and then come back and check on their progress. If all was well, I'd save. Things went well for the guys. I got much of my housework done and still had the satisfaction of progress in my game. So, I was playing without playing.

Then I changed households to give the girls a shot at some real independence. I just happened to be in the hallway, just outside of my office where my computer was and I heard a sound that was alarming. I checked to see that one of the twins had set the kitchen in their campus house on fire! She perished, leaving her twin sister and others, weeping. Needless to say, I exited the game without saving. Then I tried them again. It was an interesting experiment. Normally, I pause the game and save before I walk away. Recently, I thought I'd done so and headed downstairs. Then I heard something that alerted me to the fact the game was not on pause! I went back and rectified the situation. Sims can get themselves into so much trouble on their own. Silly Sims.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    When ghosts came out I wanted one that I made... I didn't know you couldn't be living alone. So I got that screen when my sim died. I think if you move another family in keep the furniture you can get that ghost then work toward bringing them back to life if you want... I think that's how I got her back it's been awhile. It looks like it might be a camping place though no clue how that works... good thing to test out.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    Celticgamer0Celticgamer0 Posts: 1,997 Member
    Sebastian and his family died alone, stripped of their free will and questioning what they had done to be abandoned by the benevolent being who once controlled them.

Happy Simming!

eg50ci.png

All hail Chuck! LOL
    Love the siggy too btw :wink:
  • Options
    Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    edited February 2017
    Update! Here's everything that apparently happened while I was away from my laptop:
    • 3 of my sim families' members (there were 4 in all) that I was playing (1 teen, 1 YA the other was a elder) died during this experiment.
    • elder died of old age, and looks like the teen and YA died of hunger
    • Only survivor was the teen's older sister (she was a YA...pretty smart one I guess lol).
    • MC command randomly decided to impregnate Eliza Pancakes, by the time I got on, her and Bob had two toddlers.
    • A random townie moved into a house that I was thinking about moving the survivor YA before the experiments (Darn you MC :bawling: ! :lol: ).
    • Lots of Age ups! lol the elder/adult population just got a lot bigger :lol:
    • Gunther Munch married a random townie..and he doesn't seem to happy about it :lol:
    • Oh yeah the YA survivor became an adult a little bit afterwards all of this.
    • There might have been more deaths outside of the playing family, but so far I haven't noticed any. Though lots of elders are at the jumping point lol.

Pretty darn interesting lol. Slow clap for MC command for still keeping the circle of life going <3

Edit: I Just realized something, the YA that did die also had a baby momma....darn there goes child support @_@ lol. Wait doesn't anyone know if MC command has a inheritance module?
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • Options
    drjmoowdrjmoow Posts: 52 Member
    That has happened to me before and it was frustrating at the time.
  • Options
    wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    liliaeth wrote: »
    @liliaeth

uhm, how
    [*spoiler]Like this without the *.[/*spoiler]

6JSxk49.png?1
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,579 Member
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    When ghosts came out I wanted one that I made... I didn't know you couldn't be living alone. So I got that screen when my sim died. I think if you move another family in keep the furniture you can get that ghost then work toward bringing them back to life if you want... I think that's how I got her back it's been awhile. It looks like it might be a camping place though no clue how that works... good thing to test out.

This is why I try to remember to save the Sims I just created to my library, before I start playing them. I got into a bad habit, a trap, if you will, during my play in Sims3. If something untoward happened and I wasn't satisfied, like the writer I am, I would simply delete and start again. Talk about a hazard of work. But, the one time I decided I would just go with the flow, after my aspiring young singer was tragically killed in a house fire, my game crashed. I think I may have gone back one game save and started from there, that time. Other times I simply restarted from the beginning. I know as far back as Sims2, that I had a very tough lesson. I knew there was the possibility to plead with Grimmie. However, what I didn't know, was that only applied to an accidental death — as opposed to old age. My Sim became an Elder, and he was funny to watch, as he seemed to exhibit signs of senility. Certainly, he had memory lapses. But, when he died, I had his much younger wife plead with Grimmie to no avail. Dead as a doornail, he was. No bringing him back. The children all cried and cried and cried. Me, too. I started them all over again.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    AndygalAndygal Posts: 1,280 Member
    I once was so tired I left Sims 2 running when I went to take a nap for four hours, everybody died and I accidentally saved because I was still half asleep when I got back to the computer. I had to resurrect the family in SimPE.
  • Options
    Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    Andygal wrote: »
    I once was so tired I left Sims 2 running when I went to take a nap for four hours, everybody died and I accidentally saved because I was still half asleep when I got back to the computer. I had to resurrect the family in SimPE.

This happened to me in Sims 1...(but I kinda knew it would...)
    When I got the glitch that allowed the Sims to enter the lot but unable to leave I fell asleep with it in that state and later woke up to somewhere around 20 tombstones on the grid.

• Options
    Rhiannon58Rhiannon58 Posts: 806 Member
    I have always been a mega-control freak (since TS1) and the result was that I missed out on TONS of game content. I was slightly less of a control freak in TS2. I did micromanage my neighborhood and so many of my sims were identical to one another. But I had one rule: if they die, they die. I didn't let them die on purpose (i.e. rooms with no doors). But if they got old and died, so be it.

Then the day of the meteor (TS2). A KID was looking at the stars and a meteor fell on him and killed him. I was in utter shock. I debated breaking my rule. But, I stuck to it. The result was fascinating - the grief the family felt. One funny result was the grandmother. She was so grief stricken, she want crazy - literally. Finally, a doctor came to the house and slapped her face a few times.

Lesson learned: less control can lead to some totally unexpected results.

Having said that, there is NO way I would be able to leave my Sims alone all night on purpose. Heck, I can't leave them for 30 minutes on purpose. I like GalacticGal's tactic of cleaning house, checking the Sims and saving if the results are acceptable! Might have to give that one a try!
  • Options
    tammer400tammer400 Posts: 647 Member
    Omg after what my sims done i'd be scared to leave em alone in the house w/o me one sim started a fire dropped the friggin toddler knear the fire and ran out my other sim lit a firework insode and caused a fire