Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 pets coming a update???

I just read this and thought I would share!
If this is true I am so frecken excited!
http://www.mobilenapps.com/articles/42399/20170226/sims-4-next-update-discovery-suggests-inclusion-pets-dlc-pack-and-more.htm
while we are playing them,WHO IS PLAYING US?

Comments

• Options
    jacknchloejacknchloe Posts: 239 Member
    I sure hope this is true!! I have been waiting for Pets since Sims 4 first launched.
  • Options
    anneloes740anneloes740 Posts: 171 Member
    I can't wait for pets, I'm so ready for them to be added to the game!
  • Options
    Pipersfun2Pipersfun2 Posts: 710 Member
  • Options
    ThePoeticPreacherThePoeticPreacher Posts: 531 Member
    I really want Colleges....
    pO5uos8.jpg
  • Options
    ZafireriaZafireria Posts: 3,640 Member
    I'll like to point out that nothing official as been confirmed. Where they are getting their "confirmed" from I have no clue. But Maxis hasn't made a statement about it. Therefor it is still a rumour.
  • Options
    @Jackencl
    jacknchloe wrote: »
    I sure hope this is true!! I have been waiting for Pets since Sims 4 first launched.

I sure do too, my thoughts are this, if they gave us toddlers and the way it looks. That they might think that everyone deserves to have pets. I'm thinking they might think that everyone in the world has weather and we might all get weather. Well that is what I hope.
  • Options
    Zafireria wrote: »
    I'll like to point out that nothing official as been confirmed. Where they are getting their "confirmed" from I have no clue. But Maxis hasn't made a statement about it. Therefor it is still a rumour.

I know, just thought everyone should see it. it popped up on my phones google news.
  • Options
    Pipersfun2 wrote: »

I know, just thought everyone should see it. it popped up on my phones google news.
    It was more towards the article. They came off as it had been confirmed xD

Also this post belongs in "Rumours and speculation" thread. So many pets post at the moment its crazy. I hope its true tho :smiley:
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Looks like horses won't get so much time of a CAS. But then again, there aren't so many sizes of horse either.

It's always hard to tell exactly when it's going to happen, but what IS consistent is that EA knows it has to ramp things up again. So we will see everything from Sims 3, and a few more things. Breeds are basically skins and remodels - their behaviour will remain 'dog behaviour' or 'cat behaviour' with whatever trait system is devised for their personalities.

What we really need to shout for is the strange, the unusual, the exotic. Making breed suggestions is all very well but it's also like asking for an expansion pack with nothing but hairstyles. 10 feet snakes, mythological animals, tigers and lions... now that's something special.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    Anyone kind of hoping they would give us a create a pet demo like with TS3?
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    zubrowkaszubrowkas Posts: 375 Member
    Considering toddlers arrived via a free patch (though they should've shipped with the base game), I can't see them also making Pets a free update as well. I expect we'll have to pay for them and frankly I'm fine with that as we've always had to pay for content like such in the past. I will say if they were a free update, it'd go a long way in mending consumer/dev/studio relations.
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    zubrowkas wrote: »
    Considering toddlers arrived via a free patch (though they should've shipped with the base game), I can't see them also making Pets a free update as well. I expect we'll have to pay for them and frankly I'm fine with that as we've always had to pay for content like such in the past. I will say if they were a free update, it'd go a long way in mending consumer/dev/studio relations.

I think the main reason why we got toddlers in a free update was because when the game was first announced there was talk of having toddlers included in the game but when people found out that they were removed last minute a lot of people just started cancelling preorders. So maybe EA felt like they had to because they were intially planned from the get go.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    FloridaSimmerFloridaSimmer Posts: 358 Member
    How they mentioned how horses will not be in it (most likely, just going off with the rumor), In my personal opinion, I think horses are going to get their own gamepack! Horses need more coding and have more interactions connected with them than cats or dogs.
    Origin: Floridasimmer

giphy.gif

• Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Simfan923 wrote: »
    zubrowkas wrote: »

I think the main reason why we got toddlers in a free update was because when the game was first announced there was talk of having toddlers included in the game but when people found out that they were removed last minute a lot of people just started cancelling preorders. So maybe EA felt like they had to because they were intially planned from the get go.

There also might have been programming issues with future content if not everyone had toddlers (meaning if they were paid DLC rather than patched in), which would explain why we got them so close to the vampire pack -- how do you program for Sims aging up from babies if some age to toddler and others age straight to children? Combine that with finally completing the base game 2 years later and it makes sense to include them for free. Pets, on the other hand, have never been free -- they've always been paid content.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    lmkiturelmkiture Posts: 1,206 Member
    How they mentioned how horses will not be in it (most likely, just going off with the rumor), In my personal opinion, I think horses are going to get their own gamepack! Horses need more coding and have more interactions connected with them than cats or dogs.

That would be nice. I'd be sad if we never got horses, so a separate pack would be even more exciting. Maybe we'll get "farm life" eventually.
  • Options
    DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member

They bothered patching in snippets of coding. That as an act heavily implies they're ready to start working on releasing it and they must have a high degree of confidence in it's release. Companies tend to withhold info until it's absolutely ready because breaking promises is bad from a business perspective and bad for hype. I'm sure EA is 100% aware dataminers would find the snippets of code related to pets, and I'd daresay it's even possible that the Sims team has chosen these snippets of coding as a "loophole" to keep us more up to date with future content while still adhering to their policy about not providing information until absolutely ready.

You're right, it's not an official confirmation. However, I would also say that unless the development magically explodes and they suddenly find some massive issue that was somehow hiding for all the months of development this has had, it is very very very VERY likely we are going to see Pets in Summer or Fall.
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • Options
    pearlbhpearlbh Posts: 313 Member
    Unfortunately I don't think this is really news. Pet are pretty much a certainty because stuff found in code has never been wrong before, but the University thing just seems to be coming from a survey, which doesn't necessarily mean anything. Recent surveys also have included mentions of things like summer vacation and hotels.
  • Options
    @DeservedCriticism You are right. But the thing is, just because its in the coding, doesn't mean its next. I mean the toddler coding were in the base game and more turned up as time went by, but it took quite some time before they actually showed up in game.

Pets could be the next, or the next after etc. I am pretty sure we can say that we will get Pets, just not when we do.
  • Options
    kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    The Pets thing is old news, and the On Campus thing is only one of dozens of EPs suggested in the surveys.

And surveys are nothing new. Sure, we end up with SOME survey content, but just because it's in a survey doesn't make it guaranteed.
    Here's some official Sims 3 EP surveys that we never got:

7127231737_983066d043.jpg
    6981145016_1bae1fb913.jpg
    7127255503_17356223cd.jpg
    wJbomAo.png
  • Options
    DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    That is probably the misleading part of the article that needs to be clarified: Pets is "confirmed," On Campus absolutely is not.
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • Options
    aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    edited March 2017
    I really want Colleges....

Me too, so bad! I really hope we get them soon.
    We know pets are coming soon though.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Options
    SimmeringBreeSimmeringBree Posts: 266 Member
    Simfan923 wrote: »
    Anyone kind of hoping they would give us a create a pet demo like with TS3?

That would be a complete waste making a demo when they could actually do something to all our games, EA needs as much help as they can get making a demo is just going to make pets longer to wait for.
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    edited March 2017
    OP: I'm a bit confused by the title of this thread. Yes, pets were found in the coding, but it doesn't mean that we will see them in an update, they could be in an EP (most likely) , but really really doubt it will be patched in. So I think the title and the article is kind of misleading.

The surveys are not really official yet and I don't know if Manu players got them, if we all got the surveys I would love it if someone could let me know. As far as I'm concerned the surveys aren't "official" and even if they are, they suggested way more things than just campus EP
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    i will wait and see until its officaly annouce by the simsgurus and ea/maxi
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    Pipersfun2 wrote: »
    I just read this and thought I would share!
    If this is true I am so frecken excited!
    http://www.mobilenapps.com/articles/42399/20170226/sims-4-next-update-discovery-suggests-inclusion-pets-dlc-pack-and-more.htm

What did pets ever do to anyone to make them infamous?