Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do you deal with Vamps and Aliens in your sim towns?

Do you let them just wander around or do you place them in certain towns only? Do you try to keep track of them? I am using the clubs at the moment to keep track of Vamps and soon I will do the same with aliens so I can better find them since they hide well. This reminds me of the current political things that are happening in the world at the moment. How do you deal with the non regular sims in your game? What about sims that are gay or even trans-gendered? I have not noticed any sims being born trans yet has anyone else noticed that yet? Since we know that a lot of these things are genetics as well as a way of life. Since sims is life sim I have wondered how much it is mirroring real life and how we respond to things. In my own game I had a girl child who when she grew up wore men's cloths and hair style I had to make myself not fix her hair and cloths to match my idea of what I see as what females look like. Thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I do keep track of who's a vampire or an alien. My aliens live in Newcrest in one save - it's my most modern-architecture save, and the fit well there. In another, it's more random. My vampires live in Forgotten Hollow except one who lives in San Myshuno, just because.

The game does not make its own transgendered Sims ever. Only you can do that. I've not seen a mod that changes that, either, though I'd be interested in one.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    WyrrenWyrren Posts: 724 Member
    I use Neighborhood protection to keep vampires in FH. I haven't had many aliens show up, but I usually leave them alone.
    Origin ID: Wyrren
  • Options
    SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    Aliens or vampires I play have their own saves. I don't play them in my rotational saves. I use mods to keep vampires away from my normal sims. Aliens rarely abduct me, so if it happens, it happens.

There are no trans in game, unless you want them to be. I don't have any trans in my game. I do have one cute lesbian couple and the butch looks very boyish.

The reason I don't make trans: If a trans person sees themselves as a woman, I would think they would create a female sim. And someone (regardless of gender at birth) sees themselves as a male, I would think they'd make a male sim. So I understand their struggle of being stuck in the wrong body, but I don't know. It seems cruel to keep them stuck in a body their heart and minds disagree with. I know some use it for storytelling, but I just make a sim how they were meant to be. Like post-reassignment surgery, I suppose it might be interesting to have an in-game child grown up and make the transition, but I haven't played around with that kind of story yet.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• Options
    Graycat2000Graycat2000 Posts: 304 Member
    aliens don't bother me but keeping tabs on vampires. I have shuddery flashbacks to Flashbacks to Sims 2 when my neighbourhood turned into Salems Lot. Count Vladislav is dead as he dined alfresco which only leaves Lillith and Caleb so Lillith is turning NPCs to get her aspiration so if they die its no big loss to my rotational play.
  • Options
    NotLoudonWainwrightNotLoudonWainwright Posts: 863 Member
    edited February 2017
    I get rid of all aliens with MC Command Center and I don't have to deal with vampires because I haven't purchased the pack yet. I do not play with gay or transgender sims and delete them if I find them in my game.
    Post edited by NotLoudonWainwright on
  • Options
    emmaningemmaning Posts: 3,407 Member
    edited February 2017
    Well I like to integrate each world with a wide variety of people. However, that would not be organised.
    Since each world has a few little 'streets' of 4/5 lots inside it (some only have one) I choose to have a type of person in each little 'street'. That way my sims get to live with similar sims and have neighbours they are more likely to actually like, due to something in common and I can have diversity in worlds, while maintaining organization, immersion and themes.

As for LGBT sims, I love to play them as much as any other sims. They make for such interesting storylines, if you can add the dash of creativity yourself. Also, they make awesome townies. I also like to make people who don't identify with either gender and aren't interested in anyone because I often feel those who don't consider themselves either are looked at in a strange way by society as 'wrong' just by being different. I make anyone who would be an interesting character for good storylines. Everyone is equal and everyone should be allowed to be in my game :)

However, I do have a specific aesthetic for creating sims...
    feKqkxf.jpg

My blog: ning's backlog
    Don't forget the forum rules are on the forum- go find 'em!
  • Options
    CandydCandyd Posts: 1,261 Member
    edited February 2017
    I haven't bought Vampires yet.
    As for aliens, I do the same as for the ordinary townies, I keep those with interesting combinations of traits and those with personalities I dislike or find uninteresting are condemned to deletion. There are 3 households (including my main household) in my main save. I have MCCC set to automatically have them in disguise.
    Gay and trans sims, I don't know, I haven't paid attention to what sims are gay or not in my save.
  • Options
    RudiaroseRudiarose Posts: 891 Member
    I had the Buffy characters in my game and made it so Tara could have a child with Willow. It is interesting there is not a both button so both sims regardless of gender can get Prego. I can use a mod make so Willow gets prego then wait for baby then change it so Willow can get Tara prego but I have to do a lot of messing around with my mods to do it.
    Aliens or vampires I play have their own saves. I don't play them in my rotational saves. I use mods to keep vampires away from my normal sims. Aliens rarely abduct me, so if it happens, it happens.

There are no trans in game, unless you want them to be. I don't have any trans in my game. I do have one cute lesbian couple and the butch looks very boyish.

The reason I don't make trans: If a trans person sees themselves as a woman, I would think they would create a female sim. And someone (regardless of gender at birth) sees themselves as a male, I would think they'd make a male sim. So I understand their struggle of being stuck in the wrong body, but I don't know. It seems cruel to keep them stuck in a body their heart and minds disagree with. I know some use it for storytelling, but I just make a sim how they were meant to be. Like post-reassignment surgery, I suppose it might be interesting to have an in-game child grown up and make the transition, but I haven't played around with that kind of story yet.

• Options
    I watched a video about a study that was done on some cats in a town to see were they all traveled and such. One thing they found that was unexpected was one cat could go any were in town and they wanted to find out why. They found out the cat was both sexes/Intersexed so because of this it could go in to any male or female territory and not be attacked or messed with due to gender roles of this is my area stay out. The owners had not idea that their cat was different.
    emmaning wrote: »
    Well I like to integrate each world with a wide variety of people. However, that would not be organised.
    Since each world has a few little 'streets' of 4/5 lots inside it (some only have one) I choose to have a type of person in each little 'street'. That way my sims get to live with similar sims and have neighbours they are more likely to actually like, due to something in common and I can have diversity in worlds, while maintaining organization, immersion and themes.

As for LGBT sims, I love to play them as much as any other sims. They make for such interesting storylines, if you can add the dash of creativity yourself. Also, they make awesome townies. I also like to make people who don't identify with either gender and aren't interested in anyone because I often feel those who don't consider themselves either are looked at in a strange way by society as 'wrong' just by being different. I make anyone who would be an interesting character for good storylines. Everyone is equal and everyone should be allowed to be in my game :)

However, I do have a specific aesthetic for creating sims...

• Options
    I have master controller so I get told by a pop up when sims marry and have kids. So I always know who is gay and what not. One thing I have not seen in a mod yet is having same sex automatically adopt kids when they cannot have them themselves. I have turned on polyamory and no Jealous and had my gay couples find opposite sex partners and have babies with them and all live in same house and take care of them. The game even calls the other partners partners mother and father or step. So, I found that to be interesting. I have also used modify neighborhood to move some kids to gay families when I find out both parents hate kids. I have played a police officer and saw the parents yelling and upsetting kids when they asked for things.
    Candyd wrote: »
    I haven't bought Vampires yet.
    As for aliens, I do the same as for the ordinary townies, I keep those with interesting combinations of traits and those with personalities I dislike or find uninteresting are condemned to deletion. There are 3 households (including my main household) in my main save. I have MCCC set to automatically have them in disguise.
    Gay and trans sims, I don't know, I haven't paid attention to what sims are gay or not in my save.

• Options
    simlish1simlish1 Posts: 2,738 Member
    I don't really let my sims become friends with lots of townies, so I very rarely come across aliens.
    And I don't own vampire pack purely because I don't want them in my game.
    Origin ID - eliselove1
    Four Seasons Properties

• Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I really don't pay attention to what's going on with game-generated townies. My sims pretty much only associate with my other sims when I am in control of them. What they do when I am not is pretty much irrelevant. ( now that unwantedromantic relationships no longer occur in my sims panels)

I rarely, if ever, notice if there are aliens around any more. I could have some, but don't care. There could be other vampire sims that have been generated, but don't care. Because I don't interact with them in the majority of my saves! I do in my vamp save though. I need helpless victims, and dinner, and recruits.
  • Options
    LadyTachunkaLadyTachunka Posts: 1,454 Member
    edited February 2017
    i don't get aliens much in my game really (and sadly cause aliens i love)and vampires they don't really show up unless i have a vampire or if i wanted a vampire o3o
    8a35839c629b9a9f3643198909b278c0.gif Been simming since the end of sims 2~Sims Gallery ID:BSAAWaifu
  • Options
    i don't get aliens much in my game really (and sadly cause aliens i love)and vampires they don't really show up unless i have a vampire or if i wanted a vampire o3o

If you do the science job it seems to open the flood gates for them. Just a tip.

• Options
    GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    In general ... I don't see them.

I don't have the vamp pack yet. I avoid alien night, ghost night ... whatever night down at the local bar. I don't want all those ghosts spawned. I do use the contact aliens by the science computer and they occasionally come around. The aliens don't normally bother me that much. I am half tempted to get the vamp pack just to see how many vampires I can fry to ashes in the sunlight.
  • Options
    MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 652 Member
    I have created four alien and four vampire townies for my games. They're all young adults evenly split between male and female. They each have aspirations and traits that fit with how I play my game. I use them to replace the aliens and vampires that the game generates when they have weird aspirations or horrible traits. My game seems to generate a lot of elder vampires and very large adult aliens who usually have the mean, evil, romantic, jealous or kleptomaniac traits.

I find that the game has a tendency to use the townies that I create as yoga instructors, bartenders, chefs, and gym trainers which is fine with me. It's kind of strange though because they usually have knowledge or creative asprations.

I delete all ghosts generated by the game because they make too many messes. The only exceptions are the two pre-mades that live in Windenburg. If I could, I'd get rid if them too.
  • Options
    LoriTSpLoriTSp Posts: 451 Member
    I do try to keep tabs on the Vampire population ... FH is all Vampires and I've placed Vampires in Newcrest, near the fishing hole as well as a couple places in San Myshuno (I have a favourite apartment there), then there's my Vampire Cabin .. my son thinks I'm a tad obsessed with the Vampires. Aliens don't seem to be an issue for me, I know there are a few, but I've not had any abductions or anything.
  • Options
    SimtartSimtart Posts: 9 New Member
    I mostly let them be. In my 200 hours of playing, I've only been abducted once and that was a few days ago with Cassandra Goth. Other than that, the only way I meet an alien is if I create one or I manage to catch alien night at the bar. The random generated vampires that my vampire sim befriends get put in houses. But they have to be a good friend or more. I've put all the ones my sim have turned in their own houses as well. Since they are his offspring, I feel as though I should take good care of them. I play them to make sure they achieve their goals and grow in power.
  • Options
    applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    I wish I had as many aliens as all the vamps - everywhere.
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    I don't have vamps in my game, doesn't interest me at all. But Aliens I love in my game. I always get excited by an alien abduction and children that come from it. I don't like the way that they get embarrassed when being found out.
  • Options
    NaomiSImblrNaomiSImblr Posts: 158 Member
    I can honestly say ive never ever seen an alien in my sims 4 game not even one that the game has created, tbh i forget they exist until someone mentions them. Aliens dont suit my gameplay style, and i never see them around town.

Vampires, the only vampire i see from time to time is vlad, but its not a major issue i dont see why people have such issue with vampires being around town i barely notice they are there.
  • Options
    CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    I try to remember who's who. Aliens aren't that much of a problem since I generally know which ones are, but my vampires are just plain silly and try way too hard to "human" and get themselves killed in broad daylight :expressionless: I'm debating if I should get that one mod that keeps them in Forgotten Hollow, but I do enjoy noticing them when they're away from it. I just wish they actually ran for cover when they need to. ...And that the whole "vampire break in" thing didn't affect venues :/
  • Options
    drjmoowdrjmoow Posts: 52 Member
    I do keep track of who's a vampire or an alien. My aliens live in Newcrest in one save - it's my most modern-architecture save, and the fit well there. In another, it's more random. My vampires live in Forgotten Hollow except one who lives in San Myshuno, just because.

The game does not make its own transgendered Sims ever. Only you can do that. I've not seen a mod that changes that, either, though I'd be interested in one.

It would be a little fascinating to have a transgender mod. BTW I love your profile picture!
  • Options
    I am currently using the club option for certain types of sims and select vamps and Aliens. I was looking for an alien for my Vamps sim and was able to find a cute red haired alien for him.
  • Options
    I agree, a mod or add it to game play. But make it a option to have them too just in case there are a lot of nay sayers.
    drjmoow wrote: »

It would be a little fascinating to have a transgender mod. BTW I love your profile picture!