Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What if EA/Maxis suprises us and reveals a new world is coming with the March Patch?

I think were due another Newcrest Type blank world with atleast 20 empty lots but with a different theme. Wouldn't it be nice to get another world just in time for the bowling stuffpack? It will probebly throw in some bowling alley venues. I'm out of space in my save.

I would be tickeld pink if they were announce a new world is coming with the March Patch. I remember how excited I was when Newcrest was announced.

Comments

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Why would we get another free world though?

Sims 3 only came with 1 free world, river view.

As much as I'd love a new world I doubt we're getting one.

Many people have said they'd like another free world because of space issues.
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    edited February 2017

When Newcrest came, it was Maxis realizing they under delivered with lot space, and if they wanted to deliver packs like Spa Day without delivering a world, they would need to provide Space.

However, every pack except Dine Out, now comes with it's own lots.

There is also now 120+ Lots that can be Residential, and that doesn't include the Career Lots or Special Lots.

I seriously doubt that people need a free world, they just want a free world. I mean, you honestly can't play with that many families, that 100+ in one save isn't going to suffice. No one complained about the fact The Sims 3 came with just under 100 lots in each world. They often said it's too much (in a good way).

---

The reason why I am against a Free World, is because they confirmed with Get To Work, that they decided to make Newcrest instead of providing a new world with Get To Work.

BUT the patch couldn't be too big so they had to reuse existing worlds.

I would rather have a new world, in an EP, than miss out a world in an EP, so that we can get a recycled Willow Creek or Oasis Springs again.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I'd settle for another Magnolia Promenade sized world -- just a place where I can fit in some more of the venues. Personally, I'd love it if they would provide more vacant lots when they give us a new world in an EP, so we have space to customize without having to delete EA created venues. For example, I moved the karaoke club in the Fashion District to Magnolia Promenade so I'd have space for a spa, and I replaced the San Myshuno gym with a restaurant (Uptown Eats). I'm also planning to convert The Old Salt House to a bowling center when the bowling pack gets released.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    While I don't have hopes that we'll receive a new free world, I wouldn't be upset if we did get one! :D
  • Options
    RebbilinaRebbilina Posts: 377 Member
    Nah, I don't think that we're getting a new one, but I sure wouldn't mind it :)
  • Options
    mmertormmertor Posts: 186 Member
    I don't know why but I feel like cars might be the second big surprise of this year. There is no proof, it's just little things that made me think about its possibility. If this will happen, we might get all of the worlds updated with new road connections (like connecting the island in the Windenburg to the mainland) as well.
    The little things:
    -All of the gurus were extremely excited about this year.
    -They didn't add some key NPC's yet. I think they are waiting for the cars to add firefighter, thief and cop NPC's
    -There is a toddler toy and its swatches are a taxi, police car and firetruck.
    -In toddler decor, there is a car sticker in one of the shelves.
    -SGGraham's tweet with the gas station. (of course, they say it's not a hint, they can't talk openly about it)
    -I don't know, I guess it's just about time to add them :smiley:
  • Options
    StefSimStefSim Posts: 37 Member
    A new world would be lovely but I would like something weather related. maybe a winter type world where sims could live in the alps and go skiing and snowboarding ice fishing that sort of thing. and live in little chalets
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member

The Sims 3 came with more than just one 'free' world, it came with a whole free CAW tool :wink:

But seriously though, I think that the very least they could do at the moment is offer another free neighbourhood to keep player's interests going, considering that just five odd lots in the last GP sounded a little bit sparse :no_mouth:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    DecafHighDecafHigh Posts: 669 Member
    I'd rather they expanded Forgotten Hollow than give us another perfect sunny and 70 24/365 world.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    We are not DUE another FREE world. Yes, I would like more space but I don't expect to get it for free. Why are people so cheap? This is their job. Do you go to Walmart and tell them you are due a free pair of jeans? IMO, worlds should be taken out of EPs and sold separately on their own. Then you can pick and choose which new world you want to purchase, if any. Then EPs can be fuller and more fleshed out.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Newcrest was so obviously quickly cobbled together without resources developed to making it interesting or unique. I'd rather pay for an interesting world than get another free one. That only EP budgets seem to cover multineighbourhood fully designed worlds suggests to me that they really need that budget to be good. And good > free.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    At this point I'd be happy even if they released a $20 world...
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Pretty sure we only got Newcrest in the first place because they gave us a 4 lot "world" with Get To Work and knew that would not fly.
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    We are not DUE another FREE world. Yes, I would like more space but I don't expect to get it for free. Why are people so cheap? This is their job. Do you go to Walmart and tell them you are due a free pair of jeans? IMO, worlds should be taken out of EPs and sold separately on their own. Then you can pick and choose which new world you want to purchase, if any. Then EPs can be fuller and more fleshed out.
    I'd love for it to be that way I'm sick and tired of worlds being a major feature in expansions when I buy expansions to expand my game play with new build tools objects and new ways to play in live mode. Worlds should be a side feature, I never cared for Maxis created Worlds and always made my own or downloaded worlds that fit my style if anything I'd love CAW to be the March patch not another world I use only because I cant create one myself.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    It wouldn't hurt to have one more empty world.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    edited February 2017
    jackjack_k wrote: »

When Newcrest came, it was Maxis realizing they under delivered with lot space, and if they wanted to deliver packs like Spa Day without delivering a world, they would need to provide Space.

However, every pack except Dine Out, now comes with it's own lots.

There is also now 120+ Lots that can be Residential, and that doesn't include the Career Lots or Special Lots.

I seriously doubt that people need a free world, they just want a free world. I mean, you honestly can't play with that many families, that 100+ in one save isn't going to suffice. No one complained about the fact The Sims 3 came with just under 100 lots in each world. They often said it's too much (in a good way).

---

The reason why I am against a Free World, is because they confirmed with Get To Work, that they decided to make Newcrest instead of providing a new world with Get To Work.

BUT the patch couldn't be too big so they had to reuse existing worlds.

I would rather have a new world, in an EP, than miss out a world in an EP, so that we can get a recycled Willow Creek or Oasis Springs again.

I have every lot occupied with no room to grow. You seriously want to generalize everyone because YOU don't need additional space?

Ignore the number of lots, because that doesnt tell you anything. Does a 30x20 lot offer you as much as a 40x30, or 50x50 or 64x64? Not if you expect to have a moderate sized home with a yard.

You are also assuming that everyone asking for more space has every DLC available. In The Sims 2 or The Sims 3 I didn't need to spend a minimum of $20 to get 5 lots (because that is the maximum ANY GP has provided) forget about $40 for a "full world", I could hop onto the exchange and download a new world for free that contained more lots than an EA made world, and I was free to add pretty much any content I wanted to that world. We didn't see world exclusive content, something that's quite common in Sims 4.. just saying.

ETA: newcrest was added to address the "lack of space" that the overwhelming majoring complained about. GTW added 3 "worlds" itself, so there's no reason to assume newcrest interfered with that packs development.

ETA: Correction, GTW added 4 "worlds" I totally forgot that Magnolia Promenade came with GTW as well. So how exactly did Newcrest prevent GTW from getting a new world?
    Post edited by drake_mccarty on
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited February 2017
    I posted a poll on twitter and got this result. Most are in favor of another free world. Right now it's 93% in favor and 7% against. I don't know why the poll numbers arn't showing when I post here.
  • Options
    Who's going to say NO to anything free? Not me.
  • Options
    PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    I posted a poll on twitter and got this result. Most are in favor of another free world. Right now it's 93% in favor and 7% against. I don't know why the poll numbers arn't showing when I post here.

I wonder who voted no lol even if they don't need it there is definitively no harm in another world!
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I would like another world. Another free one like Newcrest would be good if they want us to keep buying packs with new venues. I do have a few blank lots left in my worlds but for various reasons, I don't want to place new venues in most of them. Most of the remaining empty lots are too big for new venues in new packs. Also, most of them are lots that I want to keep as residential options rather than commercial.

Another flexible world would make it easier for me to consider new content that doesn't come with a specific world. I'm not going to tear down existing venues for new content. I'm out of empty 30 by 20 lots that I'm willing to use commercially. I only have one like that left that I want to keep residential.

I have Dine Out and Spa Day. I'm playing with 5 restaurants, 2 spas, a makeshift movie theatre, several additional parks and lounges. Sure, I don't have to play with all of that but I bought that content and I want to.

Anyway, a new free world option isn't necessary but it would definitely be welcome and would help me to buy more of that kind of content. If they don't do that then they need to release more worlds with some flexible lot space.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    ZafireriaZafireria Posts: 3,640 Member
    I seriously doubt it will be in March since that's when the bowling stuff pack is coming out (March is the last month in the quarter for this round) so the patch/pre-patch will contain some few bugs fixes and add in the files needed to make the SP work etc.

We are more likely to get stuff like a new world etc in a month where nothing else is releasing.
  • Options
    mannannamannanna Posts: 466 Member
    mmertor wrote: »
    I don't know why but I feel like cars might be the second big surprise of this year. There is no proof, it's just little things that made me think about its possibility. If this will happen, we might get all of the worlds updated with new road connections (like connecting the island in the Windenburg to the mainland) as well.
    The little things:
    -They didn't add some key NPC's yet. I think they are waiting for the cars to add firefighter, thief and cop NPC's
    -SGGraham's tweet with the gas station. (of course, they say it's not a hint, they can't talk openly about it)

Ooh, I think you might be onto something. I sure hope you're right :smile:
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    edited February 2017

The Sims 3 came with more than just one 'free' world, it came with a whole free CAW tool :wink:

But seriously though, I think that the very least they could do at the moment is offer another free neighbourhood to keep player's interests going, considering that just five odd lots in the last GP sounded a little bit sparse :no_mouth:

Well yeah create a world was great, but we're talking about EA worlds here.

Sadly, I'd bet it's safe to say the vast majority didn't know how to use CAW, or didn't use CC.

As for free worlds official by EA, we got Riverview, and we got Barnacle Bay, the worst world Imo, for free due to some technical difficulties for a live stream. I think only Americans got it though.

Btw, it's not that it was terrible, just comparing it to worlds like Bridgeport, Sunlit Tides, hidden springs, monte vista etc, it seems small and lack luster.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    mannanna wrote: »
    mmertor wrote: »
    The little things:

Ooh, I think you might be onto something. I sure hope you're right :smile:

Simgurugraham's tweet was about the bowling billboard, not the gas station, which, by the way, has been in the game since day one. Not a hint.