Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can't change vampire child's outfit

So anytime I try to change my child's outfit. It shows his dark form in the changing screen, but doesn't show the outfit panel. Nor the Check & X marks to leave the Change Appearance module. Help?

Comments

• Options
    KWAHNKWAHN Posts: 8 New Member
    I have also run into this problem. I should also note that none of the visible options are clickable either. You cannot save the household, open the gallery (Even if you hit F4), view the notification wall, or open the options menu. For all intents and purposes, if you do this, you have broken your game and have to return to a previous save.

I'm going to assume this is because children aren't supposed to HAVE a Dark Form? (I could be wrong) and the fact that it opens up to their Dark Form by default breaks things by not having a UI to associate with the child Dark Form that shouldn't exist in the first place.
  • Options
    Upon further inspection... You cannot use the 'x' at the top of the window (in windowed mode) to close the game either. You can only close it in Task Manager.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,634 Member
    Hello
    Children aren't meant to have a dark form until they are older. Because children aren't meant to have dark forms, they are unable to be edited. You will need to wait until the child ages up, then when a teen you can alter the look of their dark form.
  • Options
    The problem here isn't that we're trying to edit their Dark Form. The problem is that when trying to edit them in ANY way, it defaults to trying to edit their dark form, which breaks the game -- which, according to your post, shouldn't exist -- and forces you to end the Sims 4 process manually, making you lose progress.

Here's how I know you can reproduce this bug:

1. Have two vampire parents.
    2. Have those parents have a child. -- make sure that the baby is a vampire. You'll know this when they reach toddler stage by the appearance of the needs icon, which will look like the one used by Vampires. All needs will, of course, be those used by normal Sims.
    3. Have grow up to child stage
    4. Attempt to change outfits -- via any chest of drawers -- or change their appearance in the mirror.
    5. Game will enter Create-A-Sim mode, but will immediately open up the child sim's Dark Form, despite the fact that this should not be possible. There will be no UI. You will be unable to click anything. You will not be able to alter the child sim's name, clothing, hairstyle, etc. You can pan and spin the camera to look at your sim. You will be unable to close the game or open the menu to save or load. In order to continue playing, you have to open Task Manager, manually end The Sims 4's process, and restart the game. You will lose data.

Note: Due to this bug, you CANNOT change your child sims in any way, shape, or form, if they are a vampire. It's not just their Dark Form. You can't change their normal form either.

• Options
    I put that one remark about something that shouldn't exist in the wrong place. I meant that you said the child's Dark Form shouldn't exist -- not the game.
  • Options
    AzethothAzethoth Posts: 1 New Member
    So I found a small way around this, sadly not a 100% success but I take what I can get until they fix it completely.
    So what you can do is take your adult and change their appearance in a mirror, then swap to your child, this will allow the clothes to be changed at least. Can't change much else but as I said I'll take it
  • Options
    ActuallySammyActuallySammy Posts: 299 Member
    @SimGuruDrake Should know about this. Trying repairing game and see if that helps. Also try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if the problems continues. If it does make sure to report it https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/how-to-report-a-bug-or-give-feedback-for-an-ea-game/
    Origin id: ActuallySammy
    If you want to respond to me please make sure to @ me.
  • Options
    SimQAMadacatSimQAMadacat Posts: 51 SimQA

Hi all,

Is this still occurring? If so would you be happy to save your saves and DxDiags? You can send any uploads as per the instructions here and update the thread,

Also if anyone is still having the issue can you confirm if you are using mods or CC?
  • Options
    IcewolfIcewolf Posts: 709 Member
    This is currently happening to me.

It worked before the latest patch, I think. But now the same thing happens when I try to edit my vampire toddler with the wardrobe and the mirror.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,634 Member
    Icewolf wrote: »
    This is currently happening to me.

It worked before the latest patch, I think. But now the same thing happens when I try to edit my vampire toddler with the wardrobe and the mirror.

Hello
    You may like to post feedback on this AHQ EA thread
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/WORKAROUND-V-Vampire-Toddlers-Plan-Outfit-locks-game/m-p/5850796#M33774
    SimGuruNick has posted about the issue in the second post
  • Options
    Hugme556Hugme556 Posts: 76 Member
    Did anyone get new clothes in their game and did it disappear when you played it again?