Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ashes to Ashes: A Legacy [Temporary Hiatus 4/4]

Comments

• Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    rednenemon wrote: »
    Something I've wondered (which obviously would not happen due to the legacy rules, but...)
    What if instead of Luc who died, it was Jossy? (through whatever circumstances you choose) What would the story have been like then? Just something I've been thinking about recently.

That's a really intriguing thought, @rednenemon ! I think there'd be a ton of angst and guilt in the other direction (if you know what I mean). Even without looking under a sheet, I think Tobi would feel just as messed up, if not more, since he's always felt responsible for helping to push Joce away (probably rightly so haha)

I'm here for Luc having to give up his remaining touring dreams to care for Joce's girls (since he and Hazel wanted at least one more child, that's five minimum kids to care for). And regretful thirsty Mark, who in that scenario, probably could have saved Joce by keeping her from running off to America. Sad for Luc, I don't think there was much Joce could have done for him even if she stayed, short of saying "stop smoking, ya dingus". But anything could have happened in America to Joce.

Eun would be the man working behind the scenes, or doing the dirtiest jobs. He's not exactly great PR for trying to quell the concerns of the common folks just for that face (I called him "Korean Michael Jackson" in a chat with Amanda). Compared to a man like Meatball, who wouldn't make me recoil with immediate concern. :p

I was hoping for the fight to give Zayne a whole new scar, tbh.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    Hello guys! :blush:

Today we are welcomed to the YA arc by a character we haven't heard from in a long time...

5.33: Yours Forever
    chURn3y.png
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    WitcHazardWitcHazard Posts: 1,209 Member
    Oh Mari they took our Jonas away :'( , but we did get Leo, Sasha, and Charlen's wedding so I'll be okay for now! Have a nice long rest Jonas especially after living through all the drama with this family you deserve it <3<3
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    WitcHazard wrote: »
    Oh Mari they took our Jonas away :'( , but we did get Leo, Sasha, and Charlen's wedding so I'll be okay for now! Have a nice long rest Jonas especially after living through all the drama with this family you deserve it <3<3

@WitcHazard I know :( This one hurt a lot. He was such a good man... Definitely earned a break from the drama though :lol: I am sure he's enjoying the afterlife very much (doing awesome geeky/computer-y things for eternity :tongue:) while he waits to be reunited with his love :heart:

(And for the curious, I couldn't say it, but that's why Mari and Jonas' wedding pic is my avatar right now :( I changed it a couple days after I wrote and screenshotted this chapter to help the healing process hahaha)
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    @CitizenErased14: I call it "The Big Network Closet in the Sky".

I am hurt too. No Remi getting laid or Nuggy spawn can help.

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    suzanna13suzanna13 Posts: 1,426 Member
    I don't know why I thought this was going to be a happy chapter? :'( I guess it was because I was looking forward to the time jump, not that there were not some happy spots but I was just so sad about Jonas and Mari is so sad. Glad Stefan made it home and to stay no less. Will we be hearing more from him?
    Zayne has moved out again and he still looks as sad and lost as he could be. I hope he doesn't get in more trouble being on his own again.
  • Options
    suzanna13 wrote: »
    I don't know why I thought this was going to be a happy chapter? :'( I guess it was because I was looking forward to the time jump, not that there were not some happy spots but I was just so sad about Jonas and Mari is so sad. Glad Stefan made it home and to stay no less. Will we be hearing more from him?
    Zayne has moved out again and he still looks as sad and lost as he could be. I hope he doesn't get in more trouble being on his own again.

Yeah I'm sorry this started off on such a sad note @suzanna13 ! I promise happier times are ahead (for now, at least :tongue:) As for Stefan's return, we will hear a little bit from him this arc, I will confirm that much :) He's still very much a background character, but he is back in Windenburg and more present in the Rosebrooks' lives now that he's retired and his kids are grown (yay!). It felt right for his character to come back to where he started in his old age (and don't worry, his wife came too!)

And yes, hopefully Zayne stays out of trouble! Eek!
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    YJB19299YJB19299 Posts: 5,801 Member
    Awww, I was so close to cry :( R.I.P Jonas Klein, our Computer Man :cry:

I'm actually quite surprised that River and Coleen are still together, I thought this wouldn't last long, but I guess I was wrong :mrgreen: Coleen looks awesome by the way :)

Well, and then we have Zayne, at least it doesn't look like that he met Eun again :D Hopefully it stays the same :)

Hope we can keep Mari a bit, she is just the best <3

And Leo is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo adorable, I love toddlers in Sims 4 <3
    c6fj8ujnodut.png
  • Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Aww...I cried at the end of the chapter. I think that was a first here. I've been misty before, but I boo-hooed. Well done! This was an important event and it underscored all the loved ones lost. Now, we're really ready for the next phase. I loved seeing Remi and his love. Ha. You EXPLODED SHIP ROPE! :lol:

But I'm HOPING beyond HOPE for another ship...heh... :tongue:
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    Aww...I cried at the end of the chapter. I think that was a first here. I've been misty before, but I boo-hooed. Well done! This was an important event and it underscored all the loved ones lost. Now, we're really ready for the next phase. I loved seeing Remi and his love. Ha. You EXPLODED SHIP ROPE! :lol:

I too want widowed Jocelyne x Hope. Mark would want her to be happy and widow someone else! :p

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    InfraGreen wrote: »

I too want widowed Jocelyne x Hope. Mark would want her to be happy and widow someone else! :p

LOL! You're funny... :smiley: Me thinks Joce is too old for little Hope. Heh...I was thinking da Zayne man... SHIP Ho-zay!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    YJB19299 wrote: »
    Awww, I was so close to cry :( R.I.P Jonas Klein, our Computer Man :cry:

I'm actually quite surprised that River and Coleen are still together, I thought this wouldn't last long, but I guess I was wrong :mrgreen: Coleen looks awesome by the way :)

Well, and then we have Zayne, at least it doesn't look like that he met Eun again :D Hopefully it stays the same :)

Hope we can keep Mari a bit, she is just the best <3

And Leo is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo adorable, I love toddlers in Sims 4 <3

Haha Coleen and River staying together was a bit unexpected @YJB19299 but they looked too good together :)

I'm glad you still love Mari :heart: My heart breaks for her right now, but I loved writing her again :)

Awww I'm glad this one touched you @pammiechick ! :) I know you never liked Mari so I wasn't sure if you'd feel any sympathy for her here for not (well, maybe you still didn't. Jonas dying is sad either way. :( ) Either way, thank you. This one was super emotional to write!

And yes, I have put the final nail in the Rope coffin :tongue: Sorry to you and @Maladi777 hehehe We'll have to wait and see if Joce and Hope get together like @InfraGreen predicted ;):joy:

snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    kayt45kayt45 Posts: 434 Member
    I'm sad for Mari. Losing Jonas is such a blow, he helped her see reason during tough times. She's obviously heartbroken
  • Options
    kayt45 wrote: »
    I'm sad for Mari. Losing Jonas is such a blow, he helped her see reason during tough times. She's obviously heartbroken

Oh yes @kayt45 This is beyond devastating for poor Mari. I mean, it would be regardless because he was her husband/soulmate, but he really helped "save" Mari in many ways and I think she truly feels lost without him :(
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    brinadaniellebrinadanielle Posts: 96 Member
    I really wanna participate in this legacy challenge with y'all ...

I'm trying to become a full member so I can share pics and links with y'all ! Can you help me out please ? Can I get a few likes ? Maybe a couple of awesomes...some at mentions lol. I'm only about 20 pts short of becoming a full member.
  • Options
    edited February 2017

I'm trying to become a full member so I can share pics and links with y'all ! Can you help me out please ? Can I get a few likes ? Maybe a couple of awesomes...some at mentions lol. I'm only about 20 pts short of becoming a full member.

@brinadanielle I think you posted in this wrong thread. This is a thread meant for I and my readers to discuss my Legacy story. I'd appreciate if you didn't use it to beg for points :) A general discussion thread would be a much more appropriate place for this type of thing, rather than my personal thread for my story. Thanks!
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    brinadaniellebrinadanielle Posts: 96 Member

@brinadanielle I think you posted in this wrong thread. This is a thread meant for I and my readers to discuss my Legacy story. I'd appreciate if you didn't use it to beg for points :) A general discussion thread would be a much more appropriate place for this type of thing, rather than my personal thread for my story. Thanks!

@CitizenErased14 I genuinely apologize...it was not my intentions to spam your thread. I didn't realize that, I just read the titled and assumed everyone shared their legacy here.
  • Options
    Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    edited February 2017
    And yes, I have put the final nail in the Rope coffin :tongue: Sorry to you and @Maladi777
    I'm not talking to you right now. :no_mouth:
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
  • Options
    Maladi777 wrote: »
    And yes, I have put the final nail in the Rope coffin :tongue: Sorry to you and @Maladi777

:joy: Sorry @Maladi777 Hope is thousands of miles away living in another country and Remi has a girlfriend (it still hasn't come up haha but he and Layla aren't married) and son. Sawwy. Not meant to be :tongue:
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    Maladi777 wrote: »

:joy: Sorry @Maladi777 Hope is thousands of miles away living in another country and Remi has a girlfriend (it still hasn't come up haha but he and Layla aren't married) and son. Sawwy. Not meant to be :tongue:

Ahaaaaa! Soooo, Zayne is going to Newcrest... :D
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    Surprise! :tongue:

5.34: Old
    QRMbDrR.jpg
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    Yay for the surprise update! There was a lot of gray hair at that party. Ha! And it's funny that no guys ever lose their hair. I'd say most 70 year olds I know are either bald or receding. Love Tobi's curly gray locks. (I'm just teasing here. EA doesn't provide enough elderly hair for men, imo! Drives me nuts!)

I feel bad for Joce. The realization she might lose Mark soon is awful. But he could live as long as Mari!

I like Zayne's new look, btw. So grown up!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    Yay for the surprise update! There was a lot of gray hair at that party. Ha! And it's funny that no guys ever lose their hair. I'd say most 70 year olds I know are either bald or receding. Love Tobi's curly gray locks. (I'm just teasing here. EA doesn't provide enough elderly hair for men, imo! Drives me nuts!)

I feel bad for Joce. The realization she might lose Mark soon is awful. But he could live as long as Mari!

I like Zayne's new look, btw. So grown up!

@pammiechick Hahaha hey, well my dad is 69 and still has a full head of hair. Gray as can be, but it's all there :joy: And as for Tobi, when he's like 80 I will probably bite the bullet and change his hair. But honestly, he looks WEIRD with any other hair but that one. @InfraGreen and @ra3rei are witnesses of the night I frantically tried basically every single possible hairstyle (including a bunch of cc ones I downloaded -- like you said, there are like no options in the game) on Tobi and every single one looked horrific :lol:

And I feel bad for Joce too. It's a really harsh truth she has to face :( She's almost guaranteed to outlive him and that thought is so scary for her.

Glad you're liking Zayne's new look too! He's a freaking babe :love: The more I screenshot him, the more obsessed I get :joy: He is so sweet and adorable and I love him :heart: Okay, I'm fine. :smiley:
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    kayt45kayt45 Posts: 434 Member
    Aww, I'm not ready to think about losing Mark. You need to get some immortal genes into that man stat.
  • Options
    Surprise! :tongue:

5.34: Old
    QRMbDrR.jpg

Surprises shouldn't give me ship feels! The heck? >:(

And Mark wasn't really that much younger than Jonas. 13 to 15 years? Like, that's a timeline you can almost plan ahead on. :(

outrun / blog / tunglr

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top