Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can we get burglars and cops now?

Comments

• Options
    lulubadwolflulubadwolf Posts: 630 Member
    I would love to see them back, and I wouldn't mind if they don't come with their cars/truck, there's another way.
    For the fire fighter we could just see them running toward our house with the sound of a firefighter siren in the background and some light/visual effect.
    The Burglar doesn't need a car (they always appear with this stressful music)
    And the cops can discretely come toward our house. So we can imagine he had park his cars because he want to catch the burglar without him to ran away if the burglar see/hears the police cars coming.
  • Options
    JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    While I would much prefer to have my firefighter and police officer NPCs pull up in their emergency vehicles, I would still welcome them if they just appeared somewhere on the sidewalks like the game's current NPCs. It's still better than not having them at all.
  • Options
    SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    I want them both back, but what I do not want is that creepy as* music playing when they were about to rob your house! I always got so scared my heart would always make a jump when I heard it :s
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • Options
    Joel2810Joel2810 Posts: 989 Member
    Yes please!!! Burgalers were awesome! And I loved making my family go broke by making one of them call the police over and over again until they got fined out of their wealth!
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    lmkiture wrote: »
    I agree, I really missed burglars with their magically bags!

It's called a bag of holding.
    Mary Poppins had one.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    thesimsserbiathesimsserbia Posts: 510 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    You know what I always wonder about - what's the point of the fire alarm in tS4? It's not like anyone's actually gonna come extinguish the fire for you, right? So is it just like an alarm to make sure sleeping sims wake up & get out??

But yes, burglars & firemen NPCs all the way!

if you have alarm in house in TS4 when fire is out you can get free replace of burning objects...if you dont have alarm you have to pay for new objects. its like insurece
  • Options
    TJKazuha09TJKazuha09 Posts: 74 Member
    Tbh, I kinda want a burglar that is not always the random NPC but the random sim that work as criminal (Thief Branch) or people with kleptomaniac trait. But then i remember their dev prolly mess up with some lame bugs so yeah...

Let's stick with a regular burglar that came at night or a burglar that pretend to be a guest who come in the daylight. So then everyone can teach their kids about "Never open door for stranger especially the fishy one".

• Options
    AndygalAndygal Posts: 1,280 Member
    I really want the burglars and cops back, they could bring back the Brave trait too so your sims could beat up the burglar themselves.
  • Options
    DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    lmkiture wrote: »
    I agree, I really missed burglars with their magically bags!

Let's hope they aren't just gonna code them with the klepto animation and ignore magical bags :/
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • Options
    ShinobuTypeErrorShinobuTypeError Posts: 2,838 Member
    Skobee wrote: »
    I want them both back, but what I do not want is that creepy as* music playing when they were about to rob your house! I always got so scared my heart would always make a jump when I heard it :s

I love the creepy music though. D:
    "It's like there's a pink elephant in the room and no one's allowed to talk about it."
  • Options
    HeidrHeidr Posts: 148 Member
    Skobee wrote: »

I love the creepy music though. D:

Creepy music sounds good. Don't forget the pop up that appears all so sudden too!
  • Options
    vessmevessme Posts: 492 Member
    I would like that too. I hate to say it but I do miss being burgled from time to time.
    tumblr_nc81zxn8g31qa6q9uo1_500.gif
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I hope we are getting burglars and firefighters :)

Really enjoy the surprise visits from the vamps so this would fit right in. It is good to have a few unscheduled and unforseen things happening every now and then. Hope there will be scary music.
  • Options
    MaMaTwinklebirdMaMaTwinklebird Posts: 169 Member
    I would like to see them come back too :wink: someone keeps stealing my Tea maker :p
    x4f9t5.jpg
  • Options
    alexanderabdomenalexanderabdomen Posts: 21 Member
    I want burglars, burglar alarms, and all of that back in the Sims 4. That was one of my favorite scenarios in the Sims 3. It's always hilarious to see your Sims sleeping while someone is stealing their TV, at least for me.
  • Options
    CupcakeWitchCupcakeWitch Posts: 542 Member
    I think with Vampires being able to break in, we should be able to get Burgalars. My klepto sim is already talking things home from work, might as well have an NPC steal my items.

I also want RepoMen and the Social Worker. I would like to see my sims reprimanded for their negligence
    tumblr_m5yfcmiKZM1r6uev5.gif

• Options
    ShinobuTypeErrorShinobuTypeError Posts: 2,838 Member
    I think with Vampires being able to break in, we should be able to get Burgalars. My klepto sim is already talking things home from work, might as well have an NPC steal my items.

I also want RepoMen and the Social Worker. I would like to see my sims reprimanded for their negligence

I think I prefer the system of water/power getting shut off if you don't pay the bills, over the repoman. It's more realistic and to me it actually feels like more of a consequence because if you have broke Sims that can't pay their bills they have to sit around with no electricity, and eventually no water to shower or use the toilet, lol. It's because of this feature that I can play my household of "squatters" who don't have power or water in the house they are squatting in and they have to rely on neighbors for things.

It would be nice to have a social worker again, though. Instead of neglected kids proofing out of existence I'd rather have a social worker come to take them, and then have those kids go into the adoption pool so another family could take them in. I accidentally let a toddler starve and she just vanished, and my Sims didn't even react to it. I quit without saving of course, but it was like my Sims didn't even notice or care that their daughter had just basically starved to death. If we had a social worker NPC that would take kids and place them for adoption I might have left those Sims lose their daughter for being neglectful, and would have had another family adopt her. I can't accept the kid just disappearing from the game, though.
    "It's like there's a pink elephant in the room and no one's allowed to talk about it."
  • Options
    I don't see the point in burglars when we already have klepto sims. I'd only support burglars if they were somehow tied to the detective career. It would be great to get random events while at work that somebody has had their home broken into.
  • Options
    CupcakeWitchCupcakeWitch Posts: 542 Member

I think I prefer the system of water/power getting shut off if you don't pay the bills, over the repoman. It's more realistic and to me it actually feels like more of a consequence because if you have broke Sims that can't pay their bills they have to sit around with no electricity, and eventually no water to shower or use the toilet, lol. It's because of this feature that I can play my household of "squatters" who don't have power or water in the house they are squatting in and they have to rely on neighbors for things.

It would be nice to have a social worker again, though. Instead of neglected kids proofing out of existence I'd rather have a social worker come to take them, and then have those kids go into the adoption pool so another family could take them in. I accidentally let a toddler starve and she just vanished, and my Sims didn't even react to it. I quit without saving of course, but it was like my Sims didn't even notice or care that their daughter had just basically starved to death. If we had a social worker NPC that would take kids and place them for adoption I might have left those Sims lose their daughter for being neglectful, and would have had another family adopt her. I can't accept the kid just disappearing from the game, though.
    True. Repo man would take the most random objects as well

Yeah, I hate how kids just poof and then are culled out of existence. At least when I had a sim get culled due to gameplay it was because I arrested him (he was fun townie).
    Plus, if other families adopt the child, it would be good for story telling and you can say the former parent wanted an open adoption so you could interact with them.

With burgalars, even if we don't get Police NPCs, I'd at least like detective sims to be used
    tumblr_m5yfcmiKZM1r6uev5.gif

• Options
    LadyJesterLadyJester Posts: 606 Member
    imagine if we go a free patch that came with npc burglars, cops and cars? How cool would that be?
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member

Yes! I would really like to see kids that are taken away ending up in the adoption-pool. And some sort of reaction from the family. Children getting culled and no reaction is really immersion breaking. That and familymembers dying and no one reacting really irritates me a lot.
  • Options
    AndygalAndygal Posts: 1,280 Member
    I agree about the social worker and putting kids in the adoption pool, I don't like them just disappearing.
  • Options
    ayekantspeylgudayekantspeylgud Posts: 44 Member
    We now have coding that lets Vampires break into your house and drink from you while you sleep, you also can't save or go into build just like when you were being robbed in sims 3 and 2. All we really need is to change the coding so that they steal.

In my honest opinion though, I think there's a reason why we haven't gotten Cops/Firemen back. I think that reason is that they need cars to properly pull off. Would you guys even be okay with a firefighter coming in uniform to put out your fire if he had a truck? Or a police officer just cuffing a burglar and then vanishing off screen?

Although I hate having my stuff stolen, I think it would be fun to have burglars back... At least, now that I moved in someone with some money, it would be fun having to fend off a burglar. I have two men in the house who could protect their women's honor (and their belongings)...
  • Options
    TrixieLocaTrixieLoca Posts: 116 Member
    I never thought I would say this but I miss being burgled so much! It was a part of the game which we couldn't control AND THAT MUSIC!!! When a vampire came to my house in the middle of the night it brought back the same feelings, excitement. I feel without them it has made the game a little empty. I'd love if they could introduce different things as well maybe street muggings, fraud like if your computer has been hacked or your bank notifies you that some strange activity has been noticed on your bank account. I also really liked the feature with the sims superstar with the obsessed fan sending flowers... I think they need to add a little bit darker features not too dark but add a little edge to the game.
  • Options
    rosehrtgirlrosehrtgirl Posts: 252 Member
    Yes, bring back the excitement of police, burglars and scary music, but this time around I don't want them to be just generated npc's.

I want actual sims who are in cops or burglar careers on the lines of CL career, but more detailed. Since open go to work careers always seen to get buggy after a while.

I want to see a policeman I play in one household arrest a burglar I play in another household used as situation npc's. It adds more immersion into the game and better story telling. I just loved it when one of my played vampires bit one of the members of the household I was playing that was sleeping after breaking in. I want to see more drama.