Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ashes to Ashes: A Legacy [Temporary Hiatus 4/4]

Comments

• Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Oh...I haven't felt so much embarrassment and laughter at one character's expense in a long time. Poor Zayne, but I must say I'm glad it happened and in a horrifyingly skin cringy way. Because in order to get through his daft brain, it has to be rotten. Now...how will he deal with the fallout?

If I know Zayne, this isn't going to be the reason he goes back home. Getting busted in Eun's mess will, so we have more missteps in store. I'm going to cringe on the next update. He's going to be MORTIFIED! Hope it's not deadly. ;)
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    rednenemonrednenemon Posts: 3,206 Member
    I'm starting to wonder if Zayne's going to try and blame everyone but himself for all this. When really, it's his own fault that it even happened in the first place.

Though now I wonder:
    Perhaps Zayne needs a visit from the spirits like his Aunt Jossy did some time back? (but you know, a tougher one than what she got)
    AO3: Silver_Shortage_in_Markarth <(Where I'm usually at nowadays)
    MQ2gUyY.jpg
    Part One(Complete 9/24/16) /Part Two(on hold)/Short Stories(on hold)/Twinbrook 1996(on hold)/Ten Crystal Hearts (on hold)
    I own the TS3 Store as of 12/11/16 (sort of. It's complicated)
  • Options
    Ruby10990Ruby10990 Posts: 491 Member
    Zayne! Whatever happened to not bringing a guest when they weren't invited in the first place!?!? Not only did you break that rule all of your invites broke it too!
  • Options
    CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    Oh well, that party didn't go very well for Zayne AT ALL :sweat_smile: Even though it is his own fault here, I still feel very sorry for him because the college kids were really mean and nasty :/

My personal hero of this chapter was Coleen :) Not only did she get Rory out of this mess, she also at least tried to help Zayne there :D And I think she was the only one who didn't made fun of Zayne because he is underaged though she didn't know it either :|

Great episode again :D

@YJB19299 Yeah, they were so cruel to him! Poor kid :( I'm glad you enjoyed Coleen in this one :blush: I love her (Thank you for making her!). She's a nice girl.
    Oh...I haven't felt so much embarrassment and laughter at one character's expense in a long time. Poor Zayne, but I must say I'm glad it happened and in a horrifyingly skin cringy way. Because in order to get through his daft brain, it has to be rotten. Now...how will he deal with the fallout?

If I know Zayne, this isn't going to be the reason he goes back home. Getting busted in Eun's mess will, so we have more missteps in store. I'm going to cringe on the next update. He's going to be MORTIFIED! Hope it's not deadly. ;)

Oh yes @pammiechick I was literally cringing myself when I wrote and screenshotted this one. It's painful (yet slightly amusing, I must admit :joy:

I think you might be right that this isn't enough to get him to go back home... But I do think this might get him reflecting a bit more on some of his mistakes (which is good!). Perhaps he'll learn from this after all?
    I'm starting to wonder if Zayne's going to try and blame everyone but himself for all this. When really, it's his own fault that it even happened in the first place.

Though now I wonder:
    Perhaps Zayne needs a visit from the spirits like his Aunt Jossy did some time back? (but you know, a tougher one than what she got)

@rednenemon That's a definite possibility! I think it could go two very different ways -- either he'll continue to live in denial and blame everyone else, or this will be the wakeup call he needed to realize that he's the one to blame. We'll find out Saturday! (Also, your spoiler-idea is very intriguing! I like it :smiley: )
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    Zayne! Whatever happened to not bringing a guest when they weren't invited in the first place!?!? Not only did you break that rule all of your invites broke it too!

Haha yes @Ruby10990 he let this one spiral out of control! I don't think Remi and River are too happy :joy:
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    WitcHazardWitcHazard Posts: 1,209 Member
    Despite some conflict Zayne is in for some Double Penalty H*ll!
  • Options
    Hi guys :)

Have to work on this very snowy day :( Here is my chapter before I go brave the slippery roads!

5.30: Blew It
    4UCvoGp.jpg
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    YJB19299YJB19299 Posts: 5,801 Member
    I already sense that something terrible will happen in future parts :/ Even though Zayne totally messed up, I'm kinda worried about him. And the fact that out of all Eun still talks to him makes this even more alarming :o
    c6fj8ujnodut.png
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    I already sense that something terrible will happen in future parts :/ Even though Zayne totally messed up, I'm kinda worried about him. And the fact that out of all Eun still talks to him makes this even more alarming :o

Eun wasn't at the party so he doesn't know about Zayne's lies.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    YJB19299YJB19299 Posts: 5,801 Member

He was, he was in the picture with Remi, River and Coleen cloes to the end of the previous interlude :)
    c6fj8ujnodut.png
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member

There is no escaping Eun:

01-27-17_7-18-54c2a0pm.png
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    my mistake..
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    Zayne you've already paid for the piper's performance even so you still want him to continue playing. Hope it's worth it ;)
  • Options
    I noticed Eun at the party in the background and that he didn't make fun of Zayne or say anything. This isn't surprising since why would he want to p*iss off one of his darling worker bees? I'm so glad Zayne is wising up...but he has it all wrong on not being able to show his face to his family. They would all be joyous (well, except for Charlie--she probably wouldn't like all the attention he'd get by coming home.) Why won't he just go?

Hmm...I REALLY hope he doesn't get busted by an undercover cop. That could EASILY happen. Ugh! :astonished:
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options

@YJB19299 I understand your worry! Zayne is still stuck in Eun's very dangerous "business", so there are many bad things that could happen. We'll just have to wait and see...
    Zayne you've already paid for the piper's performance even so you still want him to continue playing. Hope it's worth it ;)

@WitcHazard Hahaha love it! Zayne has paid the piper indeed... hopefully there will not be an encore!
    I noticed Eun at the party in the background and that he didn't make fun of Zayne or say anything. This isn't surprising since why would he want to p*iss off one of his darling worker bees? I'm so glad Zayne is wising up...but he has it all wrong on not being able to show his face to his family. They would all be joyous (well, except for Charlie--she probably wouldn't like all the attention he'd get by coming home.) Why won't he just go?

Hmm...I REALLY hope he doesn't get busted by an undercover cop. That could EASILY happen. Ugh! :astonished:

Yeah @pammiechick Eun definitely saw everything go down, but kept mysteriously quiet ;)

And you are right about Zayne -- I don't think his family would react quite the way he's expecting if he went home right now. He's just very embarrassed right now and too afraid to face anyone after all that's happened. But you're also right that he's definitely starting to wise up. I think he's able to see things much more clearly now that his charade is over.

Now the question is what he'll do from here...
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    kayt45kayt45 Posts: 434 Member
    Aw, twit waffle, don't give Eun the ammo to manipulate you like that. This won't end well, hang it up and bow out with the tiny shred of grace you still have.
  • Options
    Today, Zayne has a talk with Eun.

Interlude: Can't
    W9teiEx.png
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    RUUUUNNNN! Yipes! What was Zayne thinking? That'd Eun would let him go with a bonus? Especially with a threat? Ugh. He should lose major points for that.
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    kayt45kayt45 Posts: 434 Member
    Weeeellllll, ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ. Zayne was trying to do the right thing, which I give him props for. Drugs are a messy business though, I'm not sure why he thought he could just say "oh hey, not my cup of tea anymore". Also, threatening Eun in his own apartment was probably not a good idea.
  • Options
    RUUUUNNNN! Yipes! What was Zayne thinking? That'd Eun would let him go with a bonus? Especially with a threat? Ugh. He should lose major points for that.
    kayt45 wrote: ยป
    Weeeellllll, plum. Zayne was trying to do the right thing, which I give him props for. Drugs are a messy business though, I'm not sure why he thought he could just say "oh hey, not my cup of tea anymore". Also, threatening Eun in his own apartment was probably not a good idea.

Haha @pammiechick and @kayt45 you are both right. Zayne was really trying to do the right thing, but he went about it ALL wrong. I think he kind of has the same issue Jocelyne has -- assuming the best in people (like she did with him during this whole thing haha) so he convinced himself that Eun was really his friend and would understand...

Boy, was he wrong!
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    I knew it was going to happen eventually...
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    Is it weird i want him to accidentally kill Eun and be put on trial fro manslaughter. Or somebody unexpected kills him and Zayne has to live with knowing that, but says nothing. Or he just wakes up in a hospital!

Total at Beginning of Week 5: 41 points

Tuesday's Update 2/7/2017
    Gains 25 points for another five week bonus. Now I'm officially caught up with his weekly bonuses!
    Gains 2 points for noticing that Eun is clearly dangerous.
    Lost 3 points for still continuing this business despite the incident. Whenever someone shady says it won't happen again it clearly means you'll be safe for a while then it'll happen again!
    Gains 3 points for getting a kiss from Victoria Yeah Boooooooiiiiii! If this relationship progresses any further the Double Penalty against this relationship is going to be brutal!
    Gains 5 points for said Epic Party! Double Penalty Pending hehehe!
    TPAU: 73 points

Thursday's Update 2/9/2017 Double Penalty Only
    Lost 6 points (Gains 3 points for party going improvement.)
    Lost 4 points (Gains 2 points for being bitten by the popularity bug. Let's hope the effects of the bite don't wear off at the worst possible time.) Looks like I was right!
    Lost 6 points (Gains 3 points for getting a date. I'm only happy cause I want you see you fail.) And of course you did.
    Lost 6 points (Gains 3 points for getting a kiss from Victoria Yeah Boooooooiiiiii! If this relationship progresses any further the Double Penalty against this relationship is going to be brutal!)
    Lost 10 points (Gains 5 points for said Epic Party! Double Penalty Pending hehehe!)
    TPAU: 41 points
    Dang I really need to be more critical Zayne gives me way too many openings and I don't take enough advantage of that.

Saturday's Update 2/11/2017
    Gains 3 points for finally getting it that the lies were a bad idea!
    Lost 2 points for thinking this was gonna end any other way than badly.
    Gains 2 points cause I don't really get why Remi and River were upset they had the power to end this months ago and they didn't.
    Lost 3 points for isolating yourself.
    Lost 2 points for not apologizing.
    Lost 5 points for hurting Victoria.
    Lost 3 points for not understanding the fact that he lied to these people for 5 months. Did he really think they were going to be okay with this!
    Gains 2 points for admitting Ben was right. Not even your brother in law yet and he's still looking out for you.
    Lost 5 points for asking a stupid question. How can I say no just say no ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ it!
    Gains 3 points for realizing he should stop working with Eun.
    Lost 2 points for saying he can't!
    Gains 3 points for once again contemplating the idea that he should go home. Zayne go home please just go home!
    TPAU: 32 points

Sunday's Update 2/12.2017
    Gains 3 points for deciding to leave Eun!
    Lost 2 points for not keeping a cool head.
    Lost 3 points for threatening a drug dealer. What were you thinking!
    Gains 2 points for that line about being okay with going to jail. You got ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ kid!
    Depending on how this fight turns out he might get bonus points next time.

Week 5 Total Points 32 points
  • Options
    Marmalade27Marmalade27 Posts: 625 Member
    Poor sweet Zayne!! :'(:'(
  • Options
    AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 6,695 Member
    @WitcHazard - I love all your possible scenarios! I can see any of those happening... I expect Zayne will maybe get busted by an undercover cop. Someone else suggested that as well. So many ways this can go very, very bad.
  • Options
    Hey guys! So... guess what?

Believe it or not, today's update is my 300th chapter of this legacy :open_mouth:

In honor of the occasion, my characters are going to do something they almost never do...

Interlude: Talk
    kNNa5wJ.png

:joy:
    snvAF3B.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top