Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Weird things that happen in my game.

I am not sure if these are bugs or not. I also don't know if anyone has posted about these before.

The first one is that my sims keep standing at the fridge or microwave to eat. Wherever they get the food from they just stand there with the plate eating. My sister pointed this out to me because it happens to her too. And second is I noticed last night while in my City save, all of the sims walking around San Myshuno were either carrying a coffee or a cupcake. And there are plates, cupcakes and drinks all over the ground as well. I have not played this save since November and it was definitely not happening then.

I do not play with CC. I just use it at times to make sims in CAS for fun. I take it out of my game before I actually play.

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    edited February 2017
    Hello
    Other simmers also have these things occur in their games.
    With the fridge, if you have it in the corner of the room move it to another position and see if that helps.
    Try shifting the microwave to another position also. Check to make sure that there isn't any routing issues to get to the dining table. Remove any items from the table top that may cause issues with putting food down there.
    The sims do walk around San Myshuno with coffee and cupcakes.
    Simmers were posting on this thread about it
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/904185/cupcakes-and-coffee
  • Options
    Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    edited February 2017
    The first one is most definitely a bonafide issue, but I've seen it described in two different ways.

In one scenario the Sim remains at the fridge frozen without eating.
    The second one is more like what you are describing where thy just stand there and eat.

In the first scenario I'm thinking it's the program running through available seating options causing the prolonged delay.
    In the second scenario, I think it's just what Sims do sometimes.
    You never stood at the fridge eating pickles out of the jar?

Edit: I have no clue regarding the cups issue...I don't have CL
  • Options
    omgxxstefferkneeomgxxstefferknee Posts: 154 Member
    Thanks @rosemow and @Uzone27. There are definitely no routing issues though. The counters are along the wall with the fridge, I have outdoor seating, island seating, and a dining table in the next room. They aren't even separated with a wall. It's one big room. It's never been a problem for me before the toddlers update it seems. They always sat outside. As far as the cupcakes and coffee, it has never happened before and it's seriously ever sim. It's rather silly. I could see a couple of them but all 20 of my sims walking around have cupcakes. It's unnecessary.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Hello
    Repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder

Doing these things may not help the issue, but it may be good to do to see if they may help.