Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Maid won't come

rubahlubarubahluba Posts: 138 Member
So I called to have the one time service for the maid and she doesn't show up for three days. I canceled her and tried the daily service...well that broad didn't show up either. Anyone else having this issue? I just want the darn dishes done! Haha

Comments

• Options
    Skcaga6Skcaga6 Posts: 3,399 Member
    I think you can find your maid in the other thread calling the children.
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
  • Options
    Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    I don't think I've ever seen the pizza guy...
    Is it even in the game EA? :p
  • Options
    Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    yes, the maid is in the game so is the pizza guy, anyways sometimes service sims get stuck and may take a while to come. Yes the pizza guy comes because I seen them deliver pizza.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
  • Options
    Sid1701D9 wrote: »
    yes, the maid is in the game so is the pizza guy, anyways sometimes service sims get stuck and may take a while to come. Yes the pizza guy comes because I seen them deliver pizza.

Hmph...well I'm gld some pixels are enjoying delicious piping hot Canadian Bacon Pizza....because mine sure aren't :'(
  • Options
    I'm sorry. I had trapped both the maid and the pizza guy in my house to care for the seven toddlers. I'll release them soon and you can have your pizza.
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
  • Options
    I'm sorry. I had trapped both the maid and the pizza guy in my house to care for the seven toddlers. I'll release them soon and you can have your pizza.
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
  • Options
    DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    I know if it's a Saturday or a Sunday, maids won't show up.
    But otherwise, I have experienced a couple of moments where a hired service doesn't make an appearance, and it takes several phone calls until they do.
    I don't know how to fix the issue, though, other than to just keep calling.
  • Options
    But otherwise, I have experienced a couple of moments where a hired service doesn't make an appearance, and it takes several phone calls until they do.

I've never had trouble with the maid or the Nanny showing up.
    I have had at least one gardner no show, and one repairman no show, (whcih later resulted in a repairmean getting stuck in a loop at the front door)
    Skcaga6 wrote: »

Do you happen to have the Caterer Musician and Mixologist with them?
    Or are we dealing with a copycat kidnapper here? :|
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Duplicate post...nothing to see here.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited February 2017

This is a new bug in my game since the last patch the other day. They always showed up as soon as I called the repairman, but now they don't show up without several attempts and many hours passed.

ETA: I only tested this on one lot which previously had a butler they had to let go, so it may be due to the butler was employed on that lot before. Not sure, I haven't tested on a different lot, yet.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    omgxxstefferkneeomgxxstefferknee Posts: 154 Member
    The only time I have an issue is when I already have a maid or gardener and I go to manage households and delete the generated sims which happens to be them. But either a new one shows up the next time or I have to call again. If they don't show when I call the first time it's usually because I thought my sim called but ended up distracted and never called in the first place, or I don't realize it's the weekend like @DevilNDisguise said.
  • Options
    Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member
    Yah, repairmen come but don't fix anything since the last patch. Sure my Sim's can repair, but they have other things to do.
  • Options
    Kath235Kath235 Posts: 131 Member
    The repairman didn't come although he claimed he fixed everything and charged his fee. Now another has arrived and doesn't leave but will not do the repairs either. Currently he is just standing outside the apartment door, and he has been there over 24 hours. I tried to reset him but nothing happened. I will probably have to move to get away from him. Very frustrating.
  • Options
    aldavoraldavor Posts: 1,387 Member
    Silly question, but I don't suppose you have the front door locked for everyone but household members? Maids etc. aren't classified as members so they can't get in... just a thought.
    cat01.gif
    My Website: https://sims4.aldavor.net
    #keepitfree