Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

(Winners Announced) Giveaway!! 17th Anniversary Stuff Pack Giveaway.

Comments

• Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    Stephanie Oakes and Adriano Meis.
    I played this household the longest, and I definitely have grown very invested in this family as I have played them through three generations of Sims. When they first got married, they moved quite a bit when they started to have children. They finally decided to settle in one large home that was paid for primarily by Stephanie, whose ambition and motivation drove her to the top of the Business career. Because of how busy Stephanie was with her career, they put off having children for a long time. Eventually, however, they had three children, all boys, who continued to live in the family home long after their parents had passed. I wish I could post the pictures here to show you all how they looked. When Stephanie's inevitable passing was coming up, I had them go out on a date to the spot where they became engaged. It was so cute. I love them so much!

My first generation just became elders and will be first-time grandparents when their son's wife gives birth to twin boys. My elders have two sons. One is still in high school and the other, as I mentioned, is married, working and waiting for his own sons to arrive!
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Options
    jendolljendoll Posts: 2 New Member
    @simgirl1010 what a great idea on the give away and thank you in advance.
    The expansion i, to date, love above all others is the Sims 3 Pets expansion. Even with Sims 4 i miss my pets and cannot wait for the day that we get this option with Sims 4. (fingers crossed!!)
  • Options
    jendolljendoll Posts: 2 New Member
    @simgirl1010 what a great idea on the give away and thank you in advance.
    The expansion i, to date, love above all others is the Sims 3 Pets expansion. Even with Sims 4 i miss my pets and cannot wait for the day that we get this option with Sims 4. (fingers crossed!!)
  • Options
    NimieNimie Posts: 206 Member
    Thanks for this giveaway!!

I've been playing sims since the first one and I cannot forget about the genie bottle, the birthday cake (a must in all my sims parties) and Crumplebottom that old lady that slap you if you kiss in public!. The best soundtracks in all sims series. I have a lot of memories with them I always try to buy all the sims expansions packs but I couldn´t do it for The Sims 3 and right now I only have the expansion packs of The Sims 4.

My favorite expansion pack were Supertars (TS1), Open Business (TS2), World Adventures (TS3) and City living (TS4).

The most hilarious moment in my current sims 4 game was seeing the reaper eating hot dogs with some townies. Also, another funny moment was when my sim (with a loner trait) was invited to a party, she was mad and began to read a book near the DJ while everyone else were dancing!

The thing I miss the most are the burglars!
  • Options
    Autumn_CatsAutumn_Cats Posts: 347 Member
    To be honest I want the bowling.Hmm my all time favorite household. Well I didn't make it but I'M IN LOVE <3<3<3 So since they updated the pancakes with Iggy I've decided to play and remake them and omg there sooo cute :D. Let me show you some pics

02-06-17_2-58-28nbspAM_zpsd41boygq.png

02-06-17_2-55-52nbspAM_zpszhcfilwu.png
  • Options
    thesimsserbiathesimsserbia Posts: 510 Member
    edited February 2017
    Spooky Stuff,Bowling
    thouse two i dont have ,i wuld love to..here is latest glitch pic from my game..i Looove the sims 4 game ..love alll but the sims 4 is the best
    2ekry9y.jpg
  • Options
    MorphmanMorphman Posts: 7 New Member
    Oh the sims, I have been loyal to only one game franchise and this is it. I have been with you guys since the beginning through all the stuff packs and releases. I have to say the packs I liked the most had to be in Sims 3 with pets and cars, university was also a fun one.

I have to take the time to thank you guys for all the hard work and hours of entertainment.
  • Options
    xovaleexovalee Posts: 273 Member
    After toddlers were announced I was finally able to flesh out my Yuen family and actually enjoy the family play aspect of them. I even bought City Living to give newly adulted heirs a more flexible start in their new life. I am really glad to add another layer to my unique play style.
  • Options
    ScarletPipperScarletPipper Posts: 546 Member
    First of all, thank you for being so kind with this opportunity.

My favorite family is my Norwood legacy which I'm still carrying out at 12 generations. I started the family a long time ago and it's been my favorite save throughout the entire franchise (It's in the Sims 4). The original sim was a YA named April and she is now the great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great grandmother of my current main female Silvia. Silvia's husband is Leo and their children are Tessa, Luke, and Macy. I seriously care about them to the point where, when someone does or says something I'd think, "That's such a Noelle thing to do". Just so you know, Noelle was one of the earlier sims who actually had a terrible life. Her husband died a few days after they got married from electrocution. They had two children prior to his death. The older child, Amber, died of embarrassment as a teen and the younger one (who eventually took on the legacy) was a kleptomaniac, insane boy named Tyler. Noelle literally was sad the rest of her life and died of old age. I genuinely felt bad for her.

Unfortunately, I'm having issues with photos or else I'd put one in but, but I also noticed a hilarious visual glitch. You can try it for yourself though I'm not sure if it would work or if it's only on my game. Either way, I was playing around with decorating a toddler room after they came out and I tried to size up Blarffy (the teddy bear). Once I did I saw that Blarffy's body was sized up like it should but, unlike other objects, part of him didn't scale properly. His arms stuck out instead of resting by his side. They almost looked like flippers (flat and round) and I cracked up as soon as I saw it!
    Sims 4 player and builder!
    37245817526_0930d9f6c5_b.jpg
    Request from me or one of my great teammates!
    Gallery | Showcase
  • Options
    GuiFreitasGGuiFreitasG Posts: 18 New Member
    Thank you for the giveaway!

Let's start:my favorite expansions were The Sims 3 Generations and The Sims 4 City Living. My favorite family is a girl named Renata,which lives in a rundown apartment working for more money. My favorite feature in the games is,until now,the lot traits. They are so good! A wedding that i'm proud of was my last one,it was a wedding / pool party.

I used to play TS2 and TS3,now i visit them sometimes because they are still good,but i just love TS4. The Sims made part of my life,and i just love it. I was really shocked when they said it was 17 years.

Also,a funny graphical glitch was when my Sims were doing mean interactions to each other,their hair would simply disappear.

Well,that's it! Thanks for doing the giveaway,and i would love Spooky Stuff!
  • Options
    HIFreeBirdIHHIFreeBirdIH Posts: 1,410 Member
    Thank you for this opportunity!

I'll say that my favorite memory would be when I was playing TS2 AL. I had a family, the Reylons, who lived on the top floor of the apartment building with the Rileys. It was a single mom, a teen girl, and an artistic boy. The mom had to work in the medical career to make enough money for her kids and spent a lot of time away from home, which left the two kids by themselves most of the time. The teen went and bought an empty lot and started her own retail store, selling lawn ornaments and ceramics. The kid spent his time developing his painting skill, and became a proficient artist when he became a teen. I had both of them do this so that they could support their mom in her efforts to take care of them. I loved making this story of two kids supporting their parent in their own efforts, and I also started up a story between the kid and Sally, and had a romance between them when they aged up to teens. It was really fun.

Of course, I didn't have much past that, since I was playing on my sister's laptop at the time and she had to go back to her home, but I've been trying to recreate it in TS4. I'd love to have Vintage Glamour stuff though, it's one of the ones I want the most, and everything in it seems absolutely perfect with what I'm doing right now.
    Just some random Simmer you probably don't even follow on the gallery! Gallery name's the same as my username! Did I just rhyme there?
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    VidaliaVidalia Posts: 1 New Member
    My all time favorite sim is Bella Goth! I first found in her the Sims 2 pc, but I began to adore her when I was playing The Sims 2 PSP as a kid! Wow that was such a long time ago. To me her entire story is fascinating because it incorporates aliens a lot of the townies, like Don Lothario, that are rather forgettable unless you look into their stories like I did! There are so many things that could have happened to Bella, it just keeps me guessing!

Thanks for the giveaway!
  • Options
    jerrycnhjerrycnh Posts: 58 Member
    Hi there! This is a nice giveaway you're doing and a good tribute to the game. 17 seems a weird number to celebrate as opposed to, say, 18 or 20, do you know what made them pick this year? :)

For my "entry", I have to say that my favorite thing about the Sims has been its willingness to dip its toes into sci-fi and fantasy. It was the release of the Vampires Game Pack that brought me back to Sims 4, and it was Supernatural/Into the Future that really caught my attention and imagination in Sims 3. I also especially love the freedom that modders are given to really go nuts with the game's engine and create their own additions.

Hey new members! Wondering where the "create discussion" button is? Turns out you need 30 posts and 50 points (points come from people reacting to your posts) in order to start your own discussions. Head to the welcome categories and post away and you should get there in a day or so.
  • Options
    jerrycnhjerrycnh Posts: 58 Member
    Hi there! This is a nice giveaway you're doing and a good tribute to the game. 17 seems a weird number to celebrate as opposed to, say, 18 or 20, do you know what made them pick this year? :)

For my "entry", I have to say that my favorite thing about the Sims has been its willingness to dip its toes into sci-fi and fantasy. It was the release of the Vampires Game Pack that brought me back to Sims 4, and it was Supernatural/Into the Future that really caught my attention and imagination in Sims 3. I also especially love the freedom that modders are given to really go nuts with the game's engine and create their own additions.

Hey new members! Wondering where the "create discussion" button is? Turns out you need 30 posts and 50 points (points come from people reacting to your posts) in order to start your own discussions. Head to the welcome categories and post away and you should get there in a day or so.
  • Options
    UnrealRootUnrealRoot Posts: 307 Member
    I think my favourite expansion has to be a tie in with Sims 2 Pets and Sims 4 City Living.

Sims 2 Pets was really graphically impressing for me at the time and I was amazed at how the dog's fur looked. I also loved how soft the pets looked overall haha, I also remember there being a crazy cat lady Sim. She was an elder and literally had way too many cats, the pets were so adorable in the expansion and there were so many features and new things to do. The warewolves were also a welcome edition as you could also literally befriend wolfs which in all honestly was really cool.

When it comes to Sim 4 City Living, I really think the atmosphere makes the expansion stand out. I feel like there is so much happening around my Sims apartment and I feel like I am a part of the game more than I did with the base game itself. I like also being able to go downstairs and walk around meeting my neighbours without the loading screen, I think I also especially love when my Sim does indoor activities like watch the TV and outside my window I can see the alive statue and people eating at the tables which just shows the world is progressing more than ever before. The apartment traits only add to the fun, there are so many traits for the apartment that I actually don't know what to choose because I want to try all of the apartment traits :x currently I am playing with the haunted and the breeze trait because my Sim is the athletic type. Which is so far my favourite aspiration, I really enjoy the feature of having energy drinks and the way my Sim is way more active and ready for adventure.

The festivals really bring different Sims together through and it makes the game so much more interesting, the first festival I went to was geekcon at first I was really confused about what was happening but I feel like it was designed in a way to help people learn what to do quickly, so in no time I was able to enjoy the festival to the fullest. I am currently collecting snow globes and I am placing them above my fireplace, I am also collecting posters from the neighbourhood I am not sure if I want to hang them yet or if I will decide to sell them on the flea market.

I was pleasently surprised to see the amount of foreign names in the City Living expansion, I have seen a huge amount of Japanese names and when it comes to the festivals (like the romance festival) you can see the amount of research the development team at Maxis put into making the festivals accurate. Sakura tea is indeed a tea that exists in Japan, it isn't commonly heard of in the West so the accuracy is very welcomed into the game and made it all the much better. I think the feature of your Sims learning to use the chopsticks is funny and awesome because it is so true and realistic no one sits at a table knowing how to use chopsticks in the West (going from the perspective that the game is not Japanese).

I want to attach a photo of the view from my apartment but unfortunately I am a new member and cannot post links so there is no way for me to show it.

When it comes to things I have done in the Sims well when I first started playing the Sims I done some crazy things like creating a family with too many toddlers, this of course caused huge issues in the game haha as it was pretty much unbereable for the Sims.

I think the funniest thing I remember in The Sims series is the amount of times Sims had to run to the bathroom in the Sims 2, it was like they all needed to live in the bathroom.

Currently I am playing only with one Sim in the Sims 4 (Skylar Lang), she is a young adult and I want to complete all aspirations in the game and skills to the full level. I also want her to make a career out of writing songs and licensing them. However currently she is working on her athletic aspiration and singing going to the karaoke to sing often. She sometimes sings in duets and it is questionable as the Sims she dueted with once was not such a good singer. She isn't currently looking for love and is mostly just being a young adult, flirting with Sims but it never getting to a relationship stage. However she completely failed on the romance festival (everyone denied her when it came to romantic actions) and when she finally got accepted when it came to actions like "flirt" the Sim she was flirty with was married so she backed out.
    I think a funny event in the game that I have encountered is the haunted trait. I was sure that my Sim will be living in fear of a ghost/ghosts, I however came to find that she befriended this elderly ghost named Frank. So in a summary I am living with a friendly ghost in the house.

Skylar Lang has an obsession with basketball through, most of the time when I go to the gym with her she starts going to the basketball court, and sometimes when I need her to do another sports activity she does it for a bit, stops and proceeds to fo to the basketball court again. Then she comes back embarrassed because someone seen her dreaming big haha.

-UnrealRoot.
    PS: I am not a tree.
    PSS: I am not a unreal tree.
  • Options
    UnrealRootUnrealRoot Posts: 307 Member
    I can't edit my post for some reason but I wanted to say thank you for doing the giveaway ^^ apologies I got carried away typing about my sims
  • Options
    Love4FluffyLove4Fluffy Posts: 25 Member
    This is a really fun way to celebrate the 17th anniversary! Thank you so much for hosting this.

My favorite Sims memories have to be from Sims 2 as that was the installment in the series that I first started playing. It was actually my husband who introduced me to the game, back before we were even dating. I would sit, watching him play until he got bored of controlling the sims, and then he would sit and watch me play.

I can vaguely remember our first Sims family that we played together, but have especially fond memories of the daughter the couple had who we named Sophia. Sophia was a genius child, possibly because we only ever fed her the special formula that you could get as an aspiration reward. She learned skills very quickly. The first painting she ever painted was a master piece because she had nearly mastered the creativity skill when she was a toddler, along with the logic and charisma skills. By the time she was a teen she had mastered all the skills that she could while she was a child and was in private school as an A student. As an adult, she was able to fly through her lifetime aspiration because of how high her skills were and she was the first sim I got to play with that finished multiple lifetime aspirations.

I don't think I'll ever forget that Sim and playing Sims in general throughout the development of my relationship with my husband.
  • Options
    CookinCookieCookinCookie Posts: 144 Member
    So amazing if you to do this!

I think my favorite expansion(well one of) is seasons! I just love it, it adds the realism I want to my gameplay style. Sims 3 also was home to my favorite household I've ever played. I had two sisters who lived in Bridgeport, they were trying to being celebs. I just, I don't even really know how to explain why they were my favorite, they just were. One of the sisters went on to marry, oh plum what was his name... Matthew Hamming!! Oh my. That was a task. He was vampire before I could get him to marry my sim. And they had such cute vamp babies!! Gosh, talking about this really makes me want to load up sims 3 and remake them. Obviously it won't be the same... If only I could find the flash I put them on (I know what I'm doing tomorrow..) haha I kinda trailed off a little oops.
  • Options
    AshkevronAshkevron Posts: 579 Member
    OMG where do I start, hehehe. I missed out on Sims 1 and 2 but Sims 3 stole my life and I was so happy it did. With various mods, mostly from Twallan, I was able to live some amazing sim-lives. I think the thing I enjoyed the most was playing a game that allowed me to have a boyfriend and even marry him. I know other games have LGBTQ characters but being able to play one and live out a sim-life with them was awesome.

As for Sims 4 I have just recently, like literally yesterday, purchased all 3 expansion packs and hope to pick up some other packs next month. There are a few things I dislike about certain aspects but I know it's just a matter of waiting for the modders to figure out how to add them into the game.

Even without having played it yet I know that my favourite pack is going to be City Living. I have watched a half dozen Let's Play videos on it and even though it wasn't exactly what I had hoped it would be, it is still gonna be amazing. I already know which apartment I want and have been looking for CC to put into it.

I think one of my all time favourite thing though, is some of the challenges. Rags to Riches challenges are so fun to do, following others rules or making up your own. Another favourite challenge is the Room Challenge. I played that challenge so many times.

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/13189767/#Comment_13189767

that will take you to few pics of the house I built for the challenge. I think I still have that house saved actually.

Challenges in general are one of my favourite way to play the game. Although usually I don't submit my score, mostly because I lose track of days or tweak some of the rules so it wouldn't officially count.

I think another of my favourite things about the Sims in general is that if I want to, and I usually do, I don't have to play a family. I can just play one sim and be perfectly content with that. It allows for so many playstyles and is so versatile when you add in the mods and the custom content.

This giveaway is really cool and very nice of you to do. I wish everyone luck and thank everyone for all their great experiences. Even when the giveaway is done this is still going to remain a great thread to read and look at. Happy Siming everyone!
  • Options
    LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member

It is so generous of you hosting this contest, and creating so much enthusiasm & chances, for those that can't always buy the packs. Thank You. :)

I have been through the Sims from the early days and in the beginning, didn't even know about the Rosebud, or any cheats.
    One day I came up with the "selling that plaster painting thing" to make money. I had tons of fun with (the Original) The Sims on PC.
    (I never knew what others did in their games for a long time)

So many memories of the crazy things tried in the games, to see what would happen.
    For some time, my children played the Sims games. It was esp fun, for awhile, the console version letting us play multiplayer with each other. Of course my kids occasionally were little devils trying to drive me crazy, but it was fun, many laughs, and I miss those days. :'(
    (Now, only one of my kids plays Sims, occasionally, but she mainly only likes the Sims 2.)

I love the Sims games for distraction from when real life gets to me. It's great for venting at what I can't afford for real. I love decorating too, not just playing the game.
    The Sims games, to me, are amazingly versatile, and has been my most played out of all the types of games I own. <3

I would love to be able to get the Vintage Glamour. I love the items, and that Globe bar is so awesome.
    It seems it would go well with the Vampire pack (which I hope to get someday too).

Good Luck everyone, and its been an awesome 17 yrs of Sims! :)

• Options
    Kittie885Kittie885 Posts: 94 Member
    I'd like to say my favorite sim that i've ever made was in sims 2 when I made Spock from Star Trek TOS. I made him a scientist, gave him a time machine and he rode a motorcycle around town. Best Spock ever! As far as content goes my favorite would have to be when Sims 2 weather came out, though, I also enjoyed apartments! There's just so much! XD
  • Options
    jencperryjencperry Posts: 79 Member
    Oh wow what an awesome thing for you to do! I just started playing sims 4 and I would love to get any of the packs! I unfortunately do not know how to post pics yet, so I will tell you about my favorite legacy family in my sims 3 game. It's based on my simself who is now an adult (I had my lifespans on epic, I hate when my sims die) has 7 kids, 2 who are now adults and both have 4 kids of their own. I have been playing this family for a long time. My simself is a painter/author, her husband is the principal at the school across the street (I got tired of it taking 3 hours to go to school!) Then we have our 7 kids: Our first daughter Arianna, next is our son Aiden, then we have a set of twins both girls Bailey and Brianna, next she had another set of twins two boys this time Colin and Caleb. The last baby is now a toddler and her name is Abigail. They all live in the same neighborhood in Hidden Springs. I'm super proud of this family as they have been the most successful family and have lasted the longest.
  • Options
    CloverneCloverne Posts: 1 New Member
    Thanks @simgirl1010, this giveaway sounds fun. In fact, I think I'll make my first post here. I don't have any pictures of my families, because I just recently had to factory restart it, but I'll explain the best I can.

My favorite sim family, currently resides in Windenburg, which is from Sims 4 Get Together. My favorite family consists of simply a mom (Joy) and a daughter (Reagen). Joy is a stay-at-home mom, and she loves to write books, in fact, its how the family gets their income! Reagen was adopted as a toddler, and I realized right away that she was the perfect addition to the family. Reagen works hard on her grades, and has many friends because she's a social child. Her mom and her frequently visit the city together and participate in all sorts of fun events! Joy always makes sure she stops in at a karaoke bar before taking Reagen home. They always duet together and sing country songs. It's quite amusing actually. They would definitely be my favorite family. Without a doubt in my mind.

My favorite Sims expansion pack was back in Sims 3. Island Paradise, I believe it is. Before I started my Sims 4 journey, I would play Sims 3 everyday. I LOVED the option of living in a boathouse, although it caused a fair amount of lag even with the water graphics low. I also found myself using the same hairstyle over and over again, which was of course, one of Island Paradises goodies! I haven't been on Sims 3 for ages so I don't recall what the hair looked like, but I remember that it just went with everything.

My favorite feature was the mermaids also found in Island Paradise. I was OBSESSED with that life state, and I remember at one time I had a family of Ariel. Yes.. the mom, dad, and all 4 of the children were named Ariel and were all mermaids. It was confusing; but fun!

I have never had any weddings in the game, any game, due to how slow my computer is. I also don't really enjoy weddings in the Sims, so I always have them elope, or make them a cake to celebrate. I'm getting a new computer soon, so I'll be able to throw some amazing weddings in about a month!

I have never completed a legacy, but I have tried several. I really loved decorating and building the house for the Sims 4 Room Challenge. It reminded me of the movie Room, so I felt very connected to it, and although it didn't turn out well, it still did the job!

I don't have a favorite house build, but I watch many of them on YouTube, I love them all!

A funny graphical issue was from the Sims 3. Where after a woohoo, the dad went to shower and he came back out completely naked! No censor whatsoever. Before he even left the bathroom I paused the game and got him dressed. Eek!

If for some hilarious reason I do win this giveaway, (fingers crossed), I would really love the Perfect Patio stuff pack for Sims 4. I am obsessed with Sims, and I can't wait until these giveaway results come in!
  • Options
    RalphaelNinjaRalphaelNinja Posts: 1,461 Member
    Thank you for hosting the contest.

Yes, this has been my obsession for 17 years too. I had almost given up on TS4 and had been on hiatus for several years until a month ago when Origin had their half price sale. So armed with all the ep, game and stuff packs, I was determined to be creative without CFE.

Of all my builds, I love my "Ralphael Trains" build because I had always wanted to create a train build in TS3 and now with the various tools in TS4, it became possible.

Coming up with an idea to make a believable train set was extremely difficult. It could be a train yard where the box cars for living in were intermixed with the toy train set, however just having a train sitting in a train yard really didn't make it a believable build. After all, creating a lot for your sims to live in must have a believable back-ground story.

Recently I started experimenting with open basement builds. i.e. taking the ceiling off the basement to give us two more levels of build. so I started to imagine Trains on a track in the mountains.

01-20-17_10-42-22PM_zpsdvisdak6.jpg

01-20-17_10-43-06PM_zpsmazmdx5q.jpg

01-20-17_10-43-00PM_zps3mavjgli.jpg

Of course you need waterfalls...

01-20-17_10-41-26PM_zpsh1lqjh1t.jpg

and of course I needed to incorporate the toy train running on it own tiny rails in the distance...
    01-20-17_10-41-43PM_zpskz41cxpw.jpg

01-20-17_10-42-03PM_zpsecbo7ph5.jpg

Those support rails randomly stacked against the wall are suppose to represent the city buildings. It is art since the walls on two sides were so bare. In sims 3, I use to create black building silhouettes but since we lack CFE, silhouettes are out.

Originally I had stacked a lot of rocks in the area below to cover the pool sides but it was really unacceptably messy, so I decided that less is more. The waterfall needed a stack of rocks to be made believable as with the far wall to support the train. I tried to stack as less rocks as possible unlike many builders that simply overcrowd the build. I know that there are gaps in the waterfall where you can see the window peeking out, but it is what it is.

Oh, yes I decided to float the toy boats by using ctrl-9 to elevate the toys up to the top of water. Someday I will create a build with a tiny miniature city below with toy cars and roads, but that is a topic for another day.

01-20-17_10-42-24PM_zpsumtdjvj9.jpg

So I hope you like my entry.
    Ralphael%20Creations%202_zpsiovmt0hx.jpg
  • Options
    AshkevronAshkevron Posts: 579 Member
    Reading some of the posts here, I ended up going and buying a few more items to fill out all the things I wanted. Got Spa Day, Dining Out, Patio Stuff and Vintage Stuff.

None of the other stuff really interests me at this point though I will likely get it at some point just to have it all. The bowling one you mentioned though sounds really interesting. I miss shooting pool too.