Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Best job for a vampire?

nkthgrtnkthgrt Posts: 638 Member
I wonder if there is a job/opportunity that is a night position. lol

Comments

• Options
    tobumontobumon Posts: 680 Member
    edited January 2017
    My vamp, Toothy, is learning the pipe organ so he can play for tips at night (if I let him). I'd rather he terrify and belittle mortals). He also writes poetry during the day (he is thin skinned and doesn't go out), using mortals as themes, describing how hideous and boring and miserable they are and how being a vampire is much better. He publishes them too of course, 'cause how else will mortals know how crappy they are?
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Entertainer? Most lounges are night time operations so a comedian or musician could work there at night and feed on the occasional customer.
  • Options
    sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Mine are in the Secret Agent career. They're level 10 and work 2pm to midnight. So if I put them to sleep at sunup they are usually good to go by 2 p.m. although now that they have a toddler their schedules are starting to very a bit.
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • Options
    blondiebabe923blondiebabe923 Posts: 202 Member
    My Elena vampire that I downloaded off the gallery is a doctor. She doesn't have the sun perk yet, but she also doesn't have the thin skinned weakness so I have time to get her into the hospital before she burns up. My Damon is in social media but I might take him out of that and put him in something else. Just not sure what. To bad drinking sims isn't a job he'd be perfect for it.
  • Options
    faith4jesusfaith4jesus Posts: 95 Member
    My current sim is a computer tech and has no issues going to work at all. She makes it from the house to car rather quickly.
  • Options
    TEYA711TEYA711 Posts: 23 Member
    I haven't employed my vampires yet, but I will have to in order for that pesky 'ambitious' moodlet to go away! I thought ambition would help vampire achievements, but 'ambitious' is not tied in any way to being a vampire; although, I think my vampires should get positive moodlets as they rank up the vampire ladder which is ambition in action.

I'm leaning toward careers I can go with them to control their urges and partake in a sip here and there. The Physician field appeals to me as a career for that purpose. I just wonder if I would get fired for partaking? I have found travel much easier in bat form for avoiding getting scorched when traveling about during the day. I just pause, choose a spot inside the building to go to, and then fast speed to get them there with nary a singe! Once inside, vampires are safe since all windows are protected from sun getting in.

What ever anyone does, please think twice before giving a vampire the 'ambitious' mood-let! Other things like writing and painting can earn a boat load of money without going outside, especially when level 10 is reached. It's just too bad those activities do not count toward the 'ambitious' moodlet. AARRGH! Oh well, I may have to use the cheat to change that trait! ;)
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Blood bank manager. Sorry, couldn't resist.
  • Options
    Savage_Patch_KiddSavage_Patch_Kidd Posts: 2,937 Member
    Ooo.. I wanna make a dead beat comedian.

His jokes are so bad that even death cannot save sims from this train wreck.
    tumblr_oy1xa2eHV31uvsi7jo2_1280.gif
  • Options
    cejaceja Posts: 33 Member
    Mine are running retail lots. Vamps speed makes it so much nicer for the retail. They drink from the customers when hungry (and the dumb customers stick around and buy stuff haha). Dark Meditation to get up energy. So, you don't even really need to add a retail apartment. Throw a shower and toilet in and you can stay there as long as you please--with your meals coming right to your door.
  • Options
    anneloes740anneloes740 Posts: 171 Member
    ceja wrote: »
    Mine are running retail lots. Vamps speed makes it so much nicer for the retail. They drink from the customers when hungry (and the dumb customers stick around and buy stuff haha). Dark Meditation to get up energy. So, you don't even really need to add a retail apartment. Throw a shower and toilet in and you can stay there as long as you please--with your meals coming right to your door.

this is actually a great idea xD
  • Options
    ValmionValmion Posts: 89 Member
    Job, vampire, sorry I feel the words are mutually exclusive :) My vamps are artists, musicians and writers, their income comes from the arts. I mean, you are immortal, how long would a vampire stay in a mundane job?

Though, that said, my mind is cooking up a Vampires vs Aliens scenerio and in that I might have a vampire in the Science Field.
  • Options
    kinot9229kinot9229 Posts: 528 Member
    I downloaded Samantha(one of the vampires in the trailer) from the gallery.
    She has the public enemy aspiration so I let her take the criminal career.
    And the work time is from 8pm to 3am now.
    I think it's quite suitable for a vampire's daily schedule.

Sorry for the OT.
    But Lilith is an astronaut in my game...(I didn't play her, she took this job on her own)
    I think it may be the worst job for a vampire. Lol

• Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    At the minute my vampire sim works from home in the tech guru career... or it might be the social media career, I forget. But yeah, he doesn't even have to leave the house!

--T
  • Options
    DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Entertainer? Most lounges are night time operations so a comedian or musician could work there at night and feed on the occasional customer.

A vampire with a sense of humor. Now I've heard everything.
  • Options
    kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    I haven't tried yet, but I imagine the "work from home" jobs from City Living lend themselves pretty well to a vampiric lifestyle.
    wJbomAo.png
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    I have a vampire and human couple who own a "24" hour diner. The husband works during the day and the wife works at night. When it comes to the employees I close the diner for a few hours and then bring them back.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Comedian if you get high enough.
  • Options
    Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    My vampires have regular careers....one is at the top of the Tech Guru career and the other is a Writer. I was concerned about sunlight but it barely affects them as they only are in sunlight to walk off lot & by the time they're home it's daylight.
    Not sure what the best job is....probably a night job or job working as an entrepreneur.
  • Options
    secretuk1965secretuk1965 Posts: 5,341 Member
    edited February 2017
    My vampire is in the secret agent career works 7am to 3pm, that way night time he can go out and stalk his prey or just go out and party, and work while its light as it doesn't effect him at work, and he has the using less energy so it doesn't go down as fast.
  • Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    I am thinking on working on certain skills (writing, piano, guitar, painting, etc....) so they can eventually make money selling novels, artwork, music, etc....and it will be much easier for them. Mine sort of has a career as a writer and as soon as she gets home or even before, I make sure I direct her to go inside to avoid the sun and she says inside any building until it starts getting dark. Since there were issues with my Vampires still having human needs, I just been using cheats a lot until the issue is resolved, so at night I have her go out.
  • Options
    tommynocker001tommynocker001 Posts: 187 Member
    To avoid suntan I still recommend building a portico. When my vampires leave for school or work and grey out, I make them sit on the sofa... that way they auto-enter the house upon getting home.
  • Options
    lmusiclmusic Posts: 288 Member
    My Vamp is in the criminal career, they work a lot at night.
  • Options
    ibaeshaCibaeshaC Posts: 679 Member
    My daywalker is a scientist. She clones her plasma packs at work.
    Gallery: ibaeshaC
  • Options
    lmusiclmusic Posts: 288 Member
    ibaeshaC wrote: »
    My daywalker is a scientist. She clones her plasma packs at work.

I like that idea, I think my next family will be a vampire scientist falling for an alien.

• Options
    AyradyssAyradyss Posts: 910 Member
    edited February 2017
    To avoid suntan I still recommend building a portico. When my vampires leave for school or work and grey out, I make them sit on the sofa... that way they auto-enter the house upon getting home.

Very clever thinking! I'll have to remember that. Another trick I've found -- it doesn't really work for going to/from work, but for any optional travel that's entirely under your control, use the "M" button to bring up the map and travel. That cuts directly to the map and completely avoids any long treks outdoors to reach the 'departure' spots. (Windenburg, I'm looking at you!)

As for jobs, I've been sticking to creating and selling art and/or writing books for my main vampire. The criminal career comes to mind as one that's primarily work at night though, if your vamp is so-inclined.
    Pay for product -- not potential!