Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Have I completely lost all my enthusiasm and hope for The Sims 4?

Comments

• Options
    Sc3niXSc3niX Posts: 2,468 Member
    Jaline33 wrote: »
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    To7m wrote: »
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    Every time I see this sort of thing from the usual suspects I think about how awful it would be if I were to spend years on the Bethesda forums ranting about those games that I do not enjoy. It is a good thing that I do not subject myself to that sort of misery, and rather choose to concentrate on the games that I enjoy.

You can't really compare Skyrim, Fallout, etc. to the Sims franchise though. They are different types of games with different fans. The Sims is very close to many people's hearts, it's been around for 17 years, many people grew up playing the sims. It's a game that you get heavily attached to because of the sims themselves and the families you create. When people post on these forums saying how sad and disappointed they are with TS4 it's not because they choose to feel that way and like to say bad things about the game. It's because they hate to see what has become of their beloved game. Some people get angry, others get sad, different people have different reactions to disappointment, but it's always the same in the end: they would not be here if they didn't care. It's not that easy to simple give up on a game that is so special to you and "concentrate on the games you enjoy". It's like giving up on a friend or family member just because they are going through a dark time. No, you don't give up. You try to make them listen to you, again and again, and eventually they will come through. That is literally what happened with TS4 and toddlers. Don't forget what Graham said "Your feedback, your persistence, and your passion for Sims helped make today possible."
    I'm not visiting one of these forums either, nor does any other of the 'usual suspects' here (unless they have some interest in those games). Some people are really missing the point somehow.
    (referring to the quote in your post, not your post ;))

Agreed. No one's ever said fighting does a service to anyone or the community, but constructive feedback does. And sometimes we do that by comparing things. The only thing I do disagree on (from all your posts in this thread) is that only TS4 players get offended easily and take things personally. I've certainly seen this from both TS3 and TS4 players. But I do agree it's weird. As if someone not enjoying what you enjoy is a personal offence when it simply isn't. Again (not to you but others): mindless fighting over which iteration is best is not the same as trying to give feedback in the most constructive way possible. We all have a right to speak our minds and to help communicate what we like / don't like for future reference.
    If you mean people getting fed up with Sims 3 bashing, most certainly. But that's not te same as taking it personally, in terms of, when a simmer bashes Sims 3 I never think they are bashing me. (and I think I'm not exaggerating when I say I'm one of the most fanatic Sims 3 defenders out here :p ) And I've never seen anyone else taking it in that way either.

I've seen it happen though. I'm sorry, but when anyone says anything against 3 it's called bashing, when it's against 4 it's praised by many of those same people as common sense. But I'm not trying to say that 3 or 4 fans are better or worse, it doesn't matter to me at all, but I think it's a little one-sided to say that only TS4 fans feel offended by someone not preferring TS4. There are enough TS3 fans who cannot stand someone not preferring TS3 as well. It's sad, but it's true. And neither are any more right.

Does it matter? I think we need to stop worrying about what others are doing and saying and worry about what *we* think. As individuals.

Honestly, it doesn't bother me what any of you type or comment, why? Because I don't know you and I'm here for one reason; my enjoyment of the game. If somebody wants to bash me for liking or disliking anything then I let them. No skin off my nose and it says more about them, really, than it does about me.

--T

ETA: frikken typo

Yeah I agree, like I said, it doesn't matter. I just think we should refrain from placing the entire blame on one single group, and realize we've got all kinds of simmers on either side of the unnecessary divide. So no, it doesn't matter. And like I said: I can enjoy a game regardless of who else does or doesn't like it, but I've got a bit of an issue with singling out one group for actions that are not exclusive to them. Is all :)

The thing is, bashing Sims 3 is useless and therefore spiteful. It is done - there is no way anything else will be developed for it, changed in it, or added to it. When folks are criticizing Sims 4, it is in the hope that things can be changed; more than that - that they *will* be changed before it also is "done".

Oopsie - I see aricarai got there first! Now I'm the slow one tonight :smiley:

This.

So why get defensive about TS4 guys? Its got loads of time to improve still, and I for one would love for it to improve therefore I will criticize what I don't like about it. Getting upset about people doing this is just plain silly and kind of childish. I'm sure all lovers of TS4 would love this game to keep improving and getting better.
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    Sc3niX wrote: »
    Every time I see this sort of thing from the usual suspects I think about how awful it would be if I were to spend years on the Bethesda forums ranting about those games that I do not enjoy. It is a good thing that I do not subject myself to that sort of misery, and rather choose to concentrate on the games that I enjoy.

You can't really compare Skyrim, Fallout, etc. to the Sims franchise though. They are different types of games with different fans. The Sims is very close to many people's hearts, it's been around for 17 years, many people grew up playing the sims. It's a game that you get heavily attached to because of the sims themselves and the families you create. When people post on these forums saying how sad and disappointed they are with TS4 it's not because they choose to feel that way and like to say bad things about the game. It's because they hate to see what has become of their beloved game. Some people get angry, others get sad, different people have different reactions to disappointment, but it's always the same in the end: they would not be here if they didn't care. It's not that easy to simple give up on a game that is so special to you and "concentrate on the games you enjoy". It's like giving up on a friend or family member just because they are going through a dark time. No, you don't give up. You try to make them listen to you, again and again, and eventually they will come through. That is literally what happened with TS4 and toddlers. Don't forget what Graham said "Your feedback, your persistence, and your passion for Sims helped make today possible."
    I'm not visiting one of these forums either, nor does any other of the 'usual suspects' here (unless they have some interest in those games). Some people are really missing the point somehow.

Agreed. No one's ever said fighting does a service to anyone or the community, but constructive feedback does. And sometimes we do that by comparing things. The only thing I do disagree on (from all your posts in this thread) is that only TS4 players get offended easily and take things personally. I've certainly seen this from both TS3 and TS4 players. But I do agree it's weird. As if someone not enjoying what you enjoy is a personal offence when it simply isn't. Again (not to you but others): mindless fighting over which iteration is best is not the same as trying to give feedback in the most constructive way possible. We all have a right to speak our minds and to help communicate what we like / don't like for future reference.
    If you mean people getting fed up with Sims 3 bashing, most certainly. But that's not te same as taking it personally, in terms of, when a simmer bashes Sims 3 I never think they are bashing me. (and I think I'm not exaggerating when I say I'm one of the most fanatic Sims 3 defenders out here :p ) And I've never seen anyone else taking it in that way either.

I've seen it happen though. I'm sorry, but when anyone says anything against 3 it's called bashing, when it's against 4 it's praised by many of those same people as common sense. But I'm not trying to say that 3 or 4 fans are better or worse, it doesn't matter to me at all, but I think it's a little one-sided to say that only TS4 fans feel offended by someone not preferring TS4. There are enough TS3 fans who cannot stand someone not preferring TS3 as well. It's sad, but it's true. And neither are any more right.

Does it matter? I think we need to stop worrying about what others are doing and saying and worry about what *we* think. As individuals.

Honestly, it doesn't bother me what any of you type or comment, why? Because I don't know you and I'm here for one reason; my enjoyment of the game. If somebody wants to bash me for liking or disliking anything then I let them. No skin off my nose and it says more about them, really, than it does about me.

--T

Yeah I agree, like I said, it doesn't matter. I just think we should refrain from placing the entire blame on one single group, and realize we've got all kinds of simmers on either side of the unnecessary divide. So no, it doesn't matter. And like I said: I can enjoy a game regardless of who else does or doesn't like it, but I've got a bit of an issue with singling out one group for actions that are not exclusive to them. Is all :)

The thing is, bashing Sims 3 is useless and therefore spiteful. It is done - there is no way anything else will be developed for it, changed in it, or added to it. When folks are criticizing Sims 4, it is in the hope that things can be changed; more than that - that they *will* be changed before it also is "done".

This.

So why get defensive about TS4 guys? Its got loads of time to improve still, and I for one would love for it to improve therefore I will criticize what I don't like about it. Getting upset about people doing this is just plain silly and kind of childish. I'm sure all lovers of TS4 would love this game to keep improving and getting better.

Absolutely. I joined the series with 4 and my desire is for those base game 'flaws' discussed earlier to get attention. Personally, I want this more than new content at this point.

I looked at getting into 3 first but the cost is eye watering in one go. I am hoping it will get offered as a UC at some point. I do have the base game and I have played with it. Very different. I'd really like to play it for all its unique features and flexibility. I have seen some of the screenshots @JoAnne65 posts occasionally over the last couple of years and it looks like a game I would really like to play.

Meanwhile my attention is firmly on 4.
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Neia wrote: »
    @aricarai
    When I post my feedback on what I didn't like in TS3, it's for the exact same reason you're mentionning for posting feedback for TS4 : the future. I'm not hoping they'll change TS3, I'm hoping the things I didn't like in TS3 won't come back in the future, whether in TS4 or in a future iteration.

^This^

And there's a lot I didn't like in 3. I don't want to see it in 4.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited January 2017
    It's not @SimTrippy, that's my point. I *dont care* if people get singled out. It's not my job to care or defend them. So, no. I really don't care, and I don't see why *you do*. That's my point. If people stopped caring what others thought, maybe we could all get somewhere.

--T

Erm okay, I'm sorry then that I personally think treating people fairly is kind of the basis of productive communication? I thought it's still up to me what I do or don't care about ;)

You're missing my point. Maybe I didn't explain myself though properly, in your day to day life, yes, be nice to people and all that but when it's just online in a forum? There's no need for you to get bothered, you might never speak to those people again! Do you see what I mean? I see what you're saying and I agree, I also see this kind of thing myself, but I just ingore it. I don't get invlolved. Like I said, it's not my job to jump to the defence because somebody is dumping them all in some 'group' - it's just not worth it. People can speak for themselves. Let them get put in a group, if they don't like it they'll say so themselves. Half the posters on this thread would agree because they do it themselves. Myself included. If you let every little thing online bother you then you get arguments like this one; pointless and unnecessary. We're arguing over what people *like* - it sounds ridiculous, I know.

If I saw somebody getting attacked in the street of course I would help, but that's different, online is just words. Let people be mean and plum and laugh at them from your computer. People like that just aren't worth the intelligence it takes to write a decent reply.

I just don't understand why you get bothered by it, it's the little things like that, that start these arguements in the first place; because somebody just can't overlook somebody's comments. I see posters here get called haters *daily*, some of these people I've seen posting for years, if I jumped to the defence of each of these people I'd never leave the site (slight exaggeration I know). I let them get called haters 1) because I know better and know they're actually speaking sense and 2) because, usually, they're the first ones to respond and defend themselves anyway. Do you see my point? So no, I don't care that people like to lump each other into groups because I know they're talking a load a rubbish half the time anyway.

This is just pettiness. As I said, if people stopped caring and started to just let the little things go, this place would be much nicer.

--T

GOSH! Typos!
    ETA2: you *can* think how you think, I'm not asking you not to, I'm merely telling you what *I* think about how *you* think. There's a difference.

Lol look, I'm not upset about what @JoAnne65 said, but just like it's your opinion that I'm starting an argument, it's my opinion that saying that TS4 fanatics are more fanatic than TS3 fanatics is also precisely the thing that breaks down communication & turns into arguments. Just like people say TS3 sims look plum, blablabla, people say TS4 sims look plum because Pixar. What's the difference? Same for you @Jaline33 that's just a generalisation: criticising some parts of TS3 is done for exactly the same reason as criticising some parts of TS4 (most of which are just as unlikely to change now) - for the future. For another sims game. It's not just spiteful, even if some of it is spiteful. Which is what I think @aricarai and I agreed on in the end.

So again, @To7m I'm not super bothered by it. I'm responding to a comment just like anyone else, just like you responded to mine. There's literally no difference between the two. Yes, I'll always argue for respectful communication. That's who I am, on the internet and off of it. I can't help it but I don't think it's necessary or helpful, or ever leads to any insight about the games at all. And this is just as much about the sims games for me as it is for you. And I hate seeing good threads devolve into flame wars because both "sides" are convinced the "other side" is acting way way worse than they are. I get that this is a human way to think, but I don't see the benefit in it. Now, I obviously (and you're right about this) won't jump in every single time, it just caught my eye and I typed. Again: like anyone else.

Anyway, I'm done arguing over this lol. I was literally just showing how both "sides" have great people with great arguments, all of which deserve to be heard. And I still don't see the problem with that.
  • Options
    v12creatorv12creator Posts: 3,626 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    @aricarai
    When I post my feedback on what I didn't like in TS3, it's for the exact same reason you're mentionning for posting feedback for TS4 : the future. I'm not hoping they'll change TS3, I'm hoping the things I didn't like in TS3 won't come back in the future, whether in TS4 or in a future iteration.

^This^

Now we are talking. B)
    jr73Y.gif

• Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    @aricarai
    While I was typing my response other responses were added so I didn't read yours here: indeed! But again, also in Sims 3's case I'm not talking about constructive feedback or opinions and preferences like open world or rabbitholes or subjects like that. I'm strictly referring to bashing, not respecting other people's preferences and opinions, by slating them without any room for a contrasting view on things. It's pefectly fine to discuss features that were in Sims 3 that you wouldn't want back. That's not bashing.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    @aricarai

^This^

And there's a lot I love in 3 I'd love to see in 4. Like sims having a memory, and sims always adressing each other, and being able to control active sims you're not focusing on, and being able to make the game your own in multiple ways, and having an actual map instead of a bunch of small seperated islands without any cohesion.

My issue with bashing is that there doesn't seem to be any room for debate. I really regret this attitude of considering the TS4 section a closed zone for Sims 4 (and 2) fans only. The 'and now it's our turn' zone. As if there is no golden mean. As if enjoying a franchise is about 'taking turns'. As if I have no right to want to enjoy the latest version just because I already enjoyed the previous one.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    It's not @SimTrippy, that's my point. I *dont care* if people get singled out. It's not my job to care or defend them. So, no. I really don't care, and I don't see why *you do*. That's my point. If people stopped caring what others thought, maybe we could all get somewhere.

--T

Erm okay, I'm sorry then that I personally think treating people fairly is kind of the basis of productive communication? I thought it's still up to me what I do or don't care about ;)

You're missing my point. Maybe I didn't explain myself though properly, in your day to day life, yes, be nice to people and all that but when it's just online in a forum? There's no need for you to get bothered, you might never speak to those people again! Do you see what I mean? I see what you're saying and I agree, I also see this kind of thing myself, but I just ingore it. I don't get invlolved. Like I said, it's not my job to jump to the defence because somebody is dumping them all in some 'group' - it's just not worth it. People can speak for themselves. Let them get put in a group, if they don't like it they'll say so themselves. Half the posters on this thread would agree because they do it themselves. Myself included. If you let every little thing online bother you then you get arguments like this one; pointless and unnecessary. We're arguing over what people *like* - it sounds ridiculous, I know.

If I saw somebody getting attacked in the street of course I would help, but that's different, online is just words. Let people be mean and plum and laugh at them from your computer. People like that just aren't worth the intelligence it takes to write a decent reply.

I just don't understand why you get bothered by it, it's the little things like that, that start these arguements in the first place; because somebody just can't overlook somebody's comments. I see posters here get called haters *daily*, some of these people I've seen posting for years, if I jumped to the defence of each of these people I'd never leave the site (slight exaggeration I know). I let them get called haters 1) because I know better and know they're actually speaking sense and 2) because, usually, they're the first ones to respond and defend themselves anyway. Do you see my point? So no, I don't care that people like to lump each other into groups because I know they're talking a load a rubbish half the time anyway.

This is just pettiness. As I said, if people stopped caring and started to just let the little things go, this place would be much nicer.

--T

GOSH! Typos!
    ETA2: you *can* think how you think, I'm not asking you not to, I'm merely telling you what *I* think about how *you* think. There's a difference.

Lol look, I'm not upset about what @JoAnne65 said, but just like it's your opinion that I'm starting an argument, it's my opinion that saying that TS4 fanatics are more fanatic than TS3 fanatics is also precisely the thing that breaks down communication & turns into arguments. Just like people say TS3 sims look plum, blablabla, people say TS4 sims look plum because Pixar. What's the difference? Same for you @Jaline33 that's just a generalisation: criticising some parts of TS3 is done for exactly the same reason as criticising some parts of TS4 (most of which are just as unlikely to change now) - for the future. For another sims game. It's not just spiteful, even if some of it is spiteful. Which is what I think @aricarai and I agreed on in the end.

So again, @To7m I'm not super bothered by it. I'm responding to a comment just like anyone else, just like you responded to mine. There's literally no difference between the two. Yes, I'll always argue for respectful communication. That's who I am, on the internet and off of it. I can't help it but I don't think it's necessary or helpful, or ever leads to any insight about the games at all. And this is just as much about the sims games for me as it is for you. And I hate seeing good threads devolve into flame wars because both "sides" are convinced the "other side" is acting way way worse than they are. I get that this is a human way to think, but I don't see the benefit in it. Now, I obviously (and you're right about this) won't jump in every single time, it just caught my eye and I typed. Again: like anyone else.

Anyway, I'm done arguing over this lol. I was literally just showing how both "sides" have great people with great arguments, all of which deserve to be heard. And I still don't see the problem with that.
    The difference is, that in discussions where that's being said it's always in reaction to.

"Sims in 3 are pudding."
    "Yeah, well, sims in 4 are plastic."
    "Sims 3 is hideous."
    "Yeah, well, Sims 4 looks like Pixar."

Seriously, this whole comparing without any inducement is a very section TS4 thing and it always has been. When you open the TS3 section and see a comparison thread, you can be certain it started over here and was moved over there.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options

--T

This.

Absolutely. I joined the series with 4 and my desire is for those base game 'flaws' discussed earlier to get attention. Personally, I want this more than new content at this point.

I looked at getting into 3 first but the cost is eye watering in one go. I am hoping it will get offered as a UC at some point. I do have the base game and I have played with it. Very different. I'd really like to play it for all its unique features and flexibility. I have seen some of the screenshots @JoAnne65 posts occasionally over the last couple of years and it looks like a game I would really like to play.

I really like reading that by the way, because it touches what it's about for me. Appreciating how someone else can love a game, even when you can't really yourself. When I still posted my Sims 3 stories on a forum someone once commented that even though she didn't manage to enjoy Sims 3 playing herself, she did by reading those stories (that were focused on following gameplay and using everything offered in the game mixed with my imagination). Sometimes it's enough to appreciate things by looking through each other's eyes ;)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member

--T

This.

I really like reading that by the way, because it touches what it's about for me. Appreciating how someone else can love a game, even when you can't really yourself. When I still posted my Sims 3 stories on a forum someone once commented that even though she didn't manage to enjoy Sims 3 playing herself, she did by reading those stories (that were focused on following gameplay and using everything offered in the game mixed with my imagination). Sometimes it's enough to appreciate things by looking through each other's eyes ;)

You're welcome :)
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    TDU90TDU90 Posts: 1,822 Member

--T

--T

GOSH! Typos!

Yeah but this website and others like it do have rules regarding how users speak to and treat people online. So while you may not care that does not make it silly.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited January 2017

--T

--T

GOSH! Typos!

The difference is, that in discussions where that's being said it's always in reaction to.

"Sims in 3 are pudding."
    "Yeah, well, sims in 4 are plastic."
    "Sims 3 is hideous."
    "Yeah, well, Sims 4 looks like Pixar."

Seriously, this whole comparing without any inducement is a very section TS4 thing and it always has been. When you open the TS3 section and see a comparison thread, you can be certain it started over here and was moved over there.

Look I won't discuss moderation, I understand threads get moved around in bizarre ways sometimes, but that's not an individual simmer's choice - that's beyond any of us. But again: you're seeing only what you want to see if you truly believe that TS4 bashing is always only a response to TS3 bashing (also, I'm sorry, but saying TS3 sims have pudding faces, to me, is an opinion & not bashing - I don't agree with it, but I also don't see why it should in any way, shape, or form concern me that someone else thinks it). What about threads saying things like (and often in the OP): "I'm done with TS4, the sims are stupid, the colours are 🐸🐸🐸🐸, the worlds are small and ugly, etc." ..? Do you just pretend they don't exist? And that some simmers feel just as annoyed and 'bashed' about all those hundreds of threads as you apparently feel when someone thinks TS3 sims look like pudding faces? I don't get it ... And it's funny cause both sides say this ad nauseum "everyone bashes TS4" / "everyone bashes TS3" - so what is it? Is one side lying, or is it truly just that this happens on both sides, to both groups? I don't think it should ever happen that someone bashes an iteration for no reason - but I've honestly never lost a single second of sleep because someone doesn't like the way TS3 or TS4 sims look either ... But if sentences like that are our definition of bashing here (as opposed to constructive criticism, which they definitely aren't) and that's what we're focusing on, then yes .. it looks to me to be happening fairly equally everywhere.

ETA: making my ramblings readable :)

• Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    TDU90 wrote: »

--T

--T

GOSH! Typos!

Yeah but this website and others like it do have rules regarding how users speak to and treat people online. So while you may not care that does not make it silly.

Who mentioned rules? I think you're also missing my point. And this is indeed very silly. Arguements over why we argue? Dumb.

And seeing as I'm not a moderator it's not my job to uphold the law, so to speak, so rules matter very little to me also. I don't break them, so don't really know what your point is?

--T
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    I am sure you will agree with me on this on @SimTrippy no games are perfect no matter if the game we are playing is the sims4 the sims3 or emporor battle for dune or civilazation even if we do not went it games will always have glitches or bugs i remember the day sims3 came out they did the same comarasion sims2 sims3 for me its kind of deja vu only this time sims4 is compared to sims2 and sims3 and if there is a the sims5 the same story will repeat itself again its like the same cd repeating over again and again.
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member

I am sorry, but I disagree.
    There are some things from Sims 3 that I WOULD have liked to see again.

However it's not up to me, because I can't expect the game to be made just for me, I would never be that selfish. :|
    I can only hope Sims 4 gets what most of us want from it, one way or another.

I can't even say that I don't want anything from previous games, because then it would be like saying I don't want weather/seasons, pets, etc.
    But I would like to see them improved/better, with a different twist. :D

I haven't given up on Sims 4... There are things I like, and don't like, from all versions of Sims. o:)
    (And I own almost all of it, from PC and various platforms. )
  • Options

However it's not up to me, because I can't expect the game to be made just for me, I would never be that selfish. :|

I can't even say that I don't want anything from previous games, because then it would be like saying I don't want weather/seasons, pets, etc.

I haven't given up on Sims 4... There are things I like, and don't like, from all versions of Sims. o:)

I'm not being selfish. I'm just stating my own opinion like every one else.

Would I like open neighbourhoods vs open worlds? Yes.

Do I need CASt? No.

Do I need or want rabbitholes? No! ( and I don't consider heading off to work as a rabbithole) What I consider rabbitholes in 3 are the bistro, athletic field, spas, etc.

Story progression? No! Unless they devise a way that protects ALL my households from being affected.

Cars? Eh. I'm fine with sims 2 cars if we go there.

Worrying about a sim at home when I'm on another lot? No big deal to me. Being able to send sims out all over the place and checking in? No big deal to me. For me, if I go out with a sim it is because I am focusing on THAT sim and what I want for THAT sim. I'm not worried about Bob or Betty back at home base. I know they'll be fine when I get back.

What should I want from 3?

• Options
    Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    I should also add that this is the only forum that I have ever seen where people try to frame petty squabbling and trolling over which iteration a game series is the best as a service to the community. Nothing comes from those sorts of things other than resentment and internet factionalism.

I agree. Such a pity because working as a united community would make it easier to ask for the things we want. Not for TS4 perhaps but for the next iteration. As for the OP I sympathise but feel a break from playing is in order. With all the recent improvement there is a good chance OP might find something to their liking when they return.
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • Options
    JPsimmerJPsimmer Posts: 109 Member
    I wonder if OP is aware how hot this thread has become? :*
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,873 Member
    JPsimmer wrote: »

Checking OP's profile shows last visit to the forum was on 1/29 so 16 pages to read when he/she returns. :)
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    JPsimmer wrote: »

Checking OP's profile shows last visit to the forum was on 1/29 so 16 pages to read when he/she returns. :)

She did say in the OP she'd be away and would check when she visits again. I don't know when that will be, though so yeah, lots to read!! Lol

--T
  • Options
    JPsimmerJPsimmer Posts: 109 Member
    I'm eager to see how they respond. :)
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member

--T

This.

I'm the same. I can't get into playing TS3 myself now (unfortunately) but I still LOVE looking at the pictures and stories people post, and browsing CC.
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member

You really cannot call someone selfish for voicing their opinion in a public forum.

If anything, it's selfish to argue with others when they do not accommodate each and every individual in their suggestions.
  • Options
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »

You really cannot call someone selfish for voicing their opinion in a public forum.

If anything, it's selfish to argue with others when they do not accommodate each and every individual in their suggestions.

I can't see that happening tbh.

Open neighbourhoods is a compromise.
    A "body shop" outside program like sims 2 is a compromise.
    A story progression that allows choosing lots and households for that function is a compromise.

That's not good enough for a lot of sims 3 players.
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    I miss the open world in Sims 3 and the fact that there were a lot more things my sims could go out and do, right now my sims just stay home as its either go to the park or go fishing really.However, I like the careers and I think the toddlers are really cute, and I love how lag free my game is.If I could get a bit of both sims 3 and sims 4, I'd be a happy camper.