Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Unpaired Television

Anyone have a work around for the gaming console not "pairing" with a TV unless it's on a table under the wall TVs?? They can't play video games if it is just sitting next to the TV.

Comments

• Options
    omgxxstefferkneeomgxxstefferknee Posts: 154 Member
    I haven't done any testing or research but from what I can see they can only use/play it when it's pretty close to the TV. And only one console to a TV at a time. Someone may have made a mod that allows it to be used anywhere but I don't think there's anyway around it in the game. But like I said, I haven't really done much looking into it.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Try moving it to different locations. I always place mine on the coffee table and haven't had any problems.
  • Options
    MamasBabyDevynMamasBabyDevyn Posts: 236 Member
    I haven't done any testing or research but from what I can see they can only use/play it when it's pretty close to the TV. And only one console to a TV at a time. Someone may have made a mod that allows it to be used anywhere but I don't think there's anyway around it in the game. But like I said, I haven't really done much looking into it.
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Try moving it to different locations. I always place mine on the coffee table and haven't had any problems.

It can be sitting right next to the TV, and it will still give me that message. It's happened with any TV that is on the TV table. I can put an end table right next to it, same height, with the console inches away. But, it still won't connect :(

• Options
    Do you have any mods? Try removing them and see if that makes any difference.
  • Options
    mmt3363mmt3363 Posts: 385 Member
    I don't know if this is your problem, but I discovered in my game that certain CC televisions won't connect to the gaming system period, probably because they aren't coded to do so.

If you use CC, try the system with a maxis made TV. That's what worked for me.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I bought the lower priced console, put it on the TV stand next to the cheapest TV, and got the interactions to play video games. So can't really help you here. :|
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    Try repairing your game.
  • Options
    MamasBabyDevynMamasBabyDevyn Posts: 236 Member
    It's been like this since the game came out. I have repaired the game many times for other reasons. But, this is still happening. I have also played without my cc and game mods. Nothing. I just have to keep re-configuring the living rooms, to fit a wall TV instead of one that takes up the whole table. Oh well. I'll figure something out :(
  • Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    Yeah some CC tvs can cause that problem, one tv messed up all of my tvs. So I had to delete it...
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    The electronics anywhere mod caused that in my game.
  • Options
    SheriGRSheriGR Posts: 795 Member
    Do you have another game console in the room? When I had both in the room the cheaper onw ould not connect. Had to put the cheaper one in the room with a tv and no other game console.
    Sims 4 Gallery
    EA ID: SheriGR
    TWITTER: https://twitter.com/SheriGr
    "What does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." ― Micah 6:8
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    @SheriGR This post is over 2 years old.
    p8L4V6v.png