Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I finally understand why everyone wanted toddlers so badly!

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    kemiszkemisz Posts: 602 Member
    I was never desperately holding out for toddlers. I got annoyed with the jump from baby to child but I could live with it. Oh how wrong I was. I freakin' LOVE toddlers now. I don't know how my story progression worked without it before. Probably didn't which is why I started and stopped playing so much.
    My EA ID is TranquilloSims - where I upload starter homes, family homes and some more ambitious creations.

• Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Cute thread. :)
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    GracieLouGracieLou Posts: 1 New Member
    I haven't played Sims 4 in over a year, so excited for this new patch. I was one of those that loved toddlers in Sims 3
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    MVWdeZT wrote: »
    suenami3 wrote: »
    How do you actually age them up? I can't figure it out. Also, I did find the sudden jump rather annoying, but I could cope. Now, I'm 100% in love with the toddlers.

Have someone cook a cake and then put birthday candles on it. If you click on the cake, I think you get "age up..." as an option as well as "blow out candles" if you have a toddler in the house.

You can also have the toddler click on the cake and choose 'help with blowing out the candles' then a menu appears and you can chose which adult to help them. Next the adult walks over the the toddler, picks them up, takes them to the cake, the toddler blows out the candles... the adult puts down the toddler and finally the toddler ages up. All done on auto. :)
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    LiseyLisey Posts: 195 Member
    Pleased- They are CUTE! I love the personalities and traits. I also like that you don't HAVE to train them up in everything for them to be able to do some basic things and that some of the learning is actually independent of parents.

Displeased- Constant nightmares and having an accident at the potty! Constantly throwing food off the high chair! These behaviors are cute in small doses and a pain in the neck with their current frequency. I wasn't even playing a 'difficult' toddler personality either...
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    Other than the fact they look cute, I don't get the appeal. They're not for me, but I'm glad family players have them and they've been done well from what I've read and heard. The forum atmosphere has improved dramatically as a result, which is the best part for me personally. At most I might get a build idea or two from the items but that's about it. *shrug*

Dropping my Simself into CAS to age him down for my avatar in support of family players is about as far as I ever care to get playing toddlers in my games.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    The teen in my avi- the blonde male- is the first born-in-game sim I've gotten to this stage since the Toddler update.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Options
    kristinkelseykristinkelsey Posts: 96 Member
    Sweet! Thanks for all the feedback, guys! So my next question is: what is your next must-have now that toddlers are here? I'm really hoping for pets to be on their way soon and if not pets, then seasons!
  • Options
    xBlackDragon7xxBlackDragon7x Posts: 173 Member
    It just makes the game feel that much more complete! here's to hopeing they continue adding family content to truly make this the best sims game possible!