Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why my Sims have to pay dinner when others invite??

Zagatta7Zagatta7 Posts: 229 Member
So, any sim calls one of my sims asking, "hey would you like to go to Chez Llamas". I let my sim go to have dinner out but it is not fair that my sim have to pay for everyone's dinner :/ We should have the option of who pay. If my sim invite then my sim pay, but if they invite my sim then they should pay for everyone or splits accounts.

Comments

• Options
    papersuitcasepapersuitcase Posts: 838 Member
    Agreed. buncha moochers.
  • Options
    vivica86vivica86 Posts: 231 Member
    Yes I thought this too!
    Let me take you down, cos I'm going to Strawberry Fields... <3
  • Options
    MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Whenever this happens I either deny it or I make my sim pay, but add on the money subtracted from the meal back to the household funds using cheats
  • Options
    jessienebulousjessienebulous Posts: 108 Member
    This would only bother me if the other sims placed their own orders. I have Dine Out but not Get Together, so I don't know if GT changes the way eating out functions, but in my game I get to choose each sim's drink and food individually. If I have the cash to splurge, I do so. If I'm poor, or the other sim is getting on my nerves, they get water and the cheapest appetizer, and by plum they better like it ;)
  • Options
    JaiSeaJaiSea Posts: 916 Member
    It would be nice if they helped pay, but I don't mind it really. If I don't want to pay I just don't go. What I order myself and my guest depends on my cash flow.
    Check out my latest Multiplayer Let's Play! The Off the Grid challenge - single family addition.
    MPOTGthumbnail.jpg
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    Well if they're vegetarians you can at least get your revenge by ordering them meat. >:)
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    I find it a bit unrealistic personally.
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,108 Member
    Especially when it's a male townie sim calling my active female sim on a date. The traditional dude in me says the guy should pay.
  • Options
    JestinaJestina Posts: 1,609 Member
    Or like my sim having to bake a cake, cook food, and clean the house at her birthday party. And no one brought her gifts either. :D
  • Options
    mariah6194mariah6194 Posts: 1,002 Member
    Oh I totally agree, I wish there was an option for them to pay, or that they automatically did, especially when asking to go on a date, or celebrate a promotion.
    tumblr_olomnw8E5c1ug9tk9o2_500.gif
  • Options
    LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,828 Member
    mariah6194 wrote: »
    Oh I totally agree, I wish there was an option for them to pay, or that they automatically did, especially when asking to go on a date, or celebrate a promotion.

I guess they figure you can afford it after a promotion, lol.
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    I gave up on the money system in the game within about an hourish of first playing. Makes no sense at all. Mind the earlier ones didn't seem to either. EVE Online it ain't.
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    Jestina wrote: »
    Or like my sim having to bake a cake, cook food, and clean the house at her birthday party. And no one brought her gifts either. :D

Exactly!!! where are my gifts?? and I don't mean about the gift I get for having a successful party.
  • Options
    Well if they're vegetarians you can at least get your revenge by ordering them meat. >:)

hahaaa I didnt think about that..Next time >:)
  • Options
    AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    I've never minded that tbh. I do think it would be a neat feature if they paid sometimes, though.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    It would be good if they paid.

The last time this happened I ordered them water and nothing else lol
  • Options
    JPsimmerJPsimmer Posts: 109 Member
    I noticed this the first time I played DO. It's really strange there isn't an option to split the bill.

I'll be looking out for a mod!
  • Options
    Keks_MilchKeks_Milch Posts: 513 Member
    I dont even pay attention to that... I mostly ignore the money in the game (did the same in ts2 and ts3 lol), and pretend the ones who invited my sim paid.
  • Options
    mommy19959699mommy19959699 Posts: 226 Member
    Yes! When my sim is asked out on a date, it's like are you inviting to take me out or are you asking me to take you out? Lol. I would love the option to sort the payment out to either pay for all or go dutch.
  • Options
    CillianLoverCillianLover Posts: 405 Member
    I never thought about it until now, but it is really strange that your sim pays for everybody else's meals. Especially when they're in a big group. I guess sims are just rude.
    I'm going to have to use this water trick in the future, especially when playing a poorer household.
  • Options
    dorendia122dorendia122 Posts: 6,961 Member
    edited January 2017

Whoa so cruel... me likey >:)

I always thought this was weird! I guess my sims friends know she's loaded .-.
    Gmmov8T.gif
  • Options
    JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    This has always bugged me too; along with my sim having to pay to put fish in the restaurant's aquariums too.
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I think there should be at least an option to persuade the other Sim to pay if you're charming enough,
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    I remember my shock the first time my sims was asked out and then she had to pay. I *might* have went on a bit of a tirade about the whole thing and x'd said "inviter" from my sims life. Freaking moocher. :D:D

I really believe if a sim INVITES my sim out they should either pay (especially on a date, I'm old fashioned) or at least when invited out, let us only pay (and chose) for only our own meal. Now, if my sim invites a sim or multiple sims out, I don't mind paying a bit. I fully expect to.... after all... I was the inviter.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    TheRedstonePROTheRedstonePRO Posts: 5 New Member
    Here's the mod! This mod allows you to not pay if you were invited to a restaurant... it also has two new interactions and the feature of being unable to choose the food when invited, as the other sim will choose for you a surprise! ;)

littlemssam.tumblr.com/post/175409541663/no-restaurant-bill-when-being-invited-dont-pay