Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Any tips on handling toddlers?

They are so much work..

My sim refuses to go to work, instead he keeps going to play with his toddlers, I cancel the action and tell him to go, he starts going and then cancels it and goes back to his toddler.His wife won't do anything but play with them.How do you guys go about playing with toddlers? I kind of wish I could disable them tbh, too much stress.Especially since my sim keeps having twins and triplets.

Comments

• Options
    JaciJadeJaciJade Posts: 1,078 Member
    Tips..1. Get rid of high chairs and place cooked food on counter. Tots will feed themselves. 2. Have a potty for each tot them potty train them all at the same time. Sit one on potty then cancel the action in the parents queue, then sit the next and so on. 3. Hire a nanny to help. 4. Try to put them all to bed at same time. 5. Age them up with a cake if necessary.
    Thank you EA and thank you Maxis..we got our babies back, Yay!
  • Options
    KayxxFanpireKayxxFanpire Posts: 500 Member
    1. If you notice that your Sims aren't listening to actions and they keep going back to do something with their toddler,they could be glitched out. You can always reset the Sim and the toddler with the reset Sim cheat (resetSim Firstname Lastname). I had an issue where one of my toddlers kept wanting her dad to pick her up out of the high chair and even though I kept telling him to not do it,he kept trying to anyway until I reset him.
    2. Try to get your Sims on a schedule,especially if you have multiple toddlers. I had a family who had a single baby,then twins,then triplets. Best thing to do is to get them up at the same time. Get them to eat,go potty,play,etc. at the same time.
    3. Try to get their potty skill and their movement skill to level 2 as soon as you can. Level 2 potty lets you have the option to let them go potty on their own and level 2 movement lets them go up and down the stairs by themselves.

I know it can get hard but it does get easier once you get your Sims onto some sort of schedule :) Or you can just have their birthdays a little early :P
    03.22.2013 <3
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    Thanks! The Toddlers are really cute.
    Does anyone else have the vampire pack? I bought it mainly for the items and such, and vampires are breaking in, I don't wanna be a vampire.
  • Options
    TentacrocaclesTentacrocacles Posts: 449 Member
    Step 1: Build a fence around them.

tumblr_inline_okgry9UTwR1shjovd_540.png

that's all. :P
    A link to my most recent build in the gallery

tumblr_inline_okebxv2e9a1shjovd_1280.png
  • Options
    I don't have room to build a fence lol.
    I didn't realize vampires could break in and just take over.Kind of wish I had somewhat control of the situation LOL.Not that its not cool, and I'm sure I'll like it in some of my games.He smashed all my kids toys.:( lol
  • Options
    1. If you notice that your Sims aren't listening to actions and they keep going back to do something with their toddler,they could be glitched out. You can always reset the Sim and the toddler with the reset Sim cheat (resetSim Firstname Lastname). I had an issue where one of my toddlers kept wanting her
    dad to pick her up out of the high chair and even though I kept telling him to not do it,he kept trying to anyway until I reset him.
    2. Try to get your Sims on a schedule,especially if you have multiple toddlers. I had a family who had a single baby,then twins,then triplets. Best thing to do is to get them up at the same time. Get them to eat,go potty,play,etc. at the same time.
    3. Try to get their potty skill and their movement skill to level 2 as soon as you can. Level 2 potty lets you have the option to let them go potty on their own and level 2 movement lets them go up and down the stairs by themselves.

I know it can get hard but it does get easier once you get your Sims onto some sort of schedule :) Or you can just have their birthdays a little early :P

Yeah, I didn't realize how much they actually did to toddlers, I do like the toddlers.they're so cute, especially when the bob to music.
    OkStdAr.png
    The only thing that really stressed me was my sim refusing to go to work.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    I didn't realize vampires could break in and just take over.Kind of wish I had somewhat control of the situation LOL.Not that its not cool, and I'm sure I'll like it in some of my games.He smashed all my kids toys.:( lol

Which lot are you living in? Make sure it doesn't have that lot trait that invites vampires. Also, you could find garlic in Forgotten Hollow and braid the to hang outside your house.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    ibaeshaCibaeshaC Posts: 679 Member

Wow! I haven't had any vampires break in.
    Gallery: ibaeshaC
  • Options
    MendotaMendota Posts: 794 Member
    Thanks! The Toddlers are really cute.
    Does anyone else have the vampire pack? I bought it mainly for the items and such, and vampires are breaking in, I don't wanna be a vampire.

I deleted all the vampires, and no more have spawned. I have 31 active households so most of the population is taken up by my sims. If you don't want vampires I would evict and delete them. So far it has worked for me.
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    isn't there an option in game options to deactivate vampires?? I don't have that Ep.

as for toddlers you could always turn off autonomy , I wish there was slider for that but there isn't yet. its either on or off. I turn it off if my sims get too involved in the toddlers that no one's actually doing anything constructive. and get rid of highchairs.
  • Options
    SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    ^^^ This. Turning off autonomy helped me the most. Granted, you have to chain up their actions and micromanage them more, but at least they aren't running off doing silly things.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• Options
    AvaSims4080AvaSims4080 Posts: 810 Member
    edited January 2017
    1. I would totally recommend a gate, you can lock them in there for a few hours, where they can play and use the potty. You will have to take them out for regular meals, but that's fine.
    2. Have a schedule, it sounds silly that you would have that in a game, but it works if every child has some sort of routine going on. Then, things shouldn't be too chaotic.
    3. Hire a nanny, which is a very big help! Although it costs money, it can do whatever it needs to do. It will even change dirty diapers and cook high quality meals.
    4. Invest in a spacious environment, with tons of toys and things to do, this means your toddler won't have an excuse to be constantly in tears. They will always be occupied with their electronic for hours on end.
  • Options
    1. I would totally recommend a gate, you can lock them in there for a few hours, where they can play and use the potty. You will have to take them out for regular meals, but that's fine.
    2. Have a schedule, it sounds silly that you would have that in a game, but it works if every child has some sort of routine going on. Then, things shouldn't be too chaotic.
    3. Hire a nanny, which is a very big help! Although it costs money, it can do whatever it needs to do. It will even change dirty diapers and cook high quality meals.
    4. Invest in a spacious environment, with tons of toys and things to do, this means your toddler won't have an excuse to be constantly in tears. They will always be occupied with their electronic for hours on end.

Great tips! Thanks, I have a play room for the kids, but the parents keep interrupting them and.For example, mom had to pee really bad, I told her to go pee, she canceled the action and went upstairs and played with the kid, she ended up peeing herself lol
  • Options
    DeKay wrote: »

Which lot are you living in? Make sure it doesn't have that lot trait that invites vampires. Also, you could find garlic in Forgotten Hollow and braid the to hang outside your house.

It doesn't its a lot I downloaded from the gallery.And I set the lot traits myself: Haunted, Fast Internet, and Private Dwelling.That's good to know about the garlic, I have yet to explore Forgotten Hollow.Busy with twins lol.